PDA

View Full Version : Progress (merged)

Stevie Reid
28-11-2012, 08:55 PM
We have now won as many games as we did in all of last season and have scored only 13 less goals than we did in the whole campaign.

This season we have had 5 home wins from 8, 1 defeat - last season 2 home wins from 19, 9 defeats. We have also won half as many away games as we did in all of 2011-12.

On 2 December last year Fenlon's first game was abandoned at Fir Park - we will now be second in the SPL and one point off the top until at least 8 December 2012.

Going to Easter Road is genuinely exciting and is an enjoyable place to be right now.

All great stuff - we have a long way to go but what a turnaround in how it feels to be a Hibbie in just a few months. Thanks Pat.
Hopefully the biggest marker of our progress will come on Sunday :flag:

Gatecrasher
28-11-2012, 08:56 PM
1 Year and 3 days to be exact since Paddy joined our beloved club, Had a rough start but what a change in our club. There is one thing I would love Paddy to master and that's beating them from across the toon.

Thanks for your hard work Paddy onwards and upwards - GGTTH

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Stevie Reid
28-11-2012, 08:59 PM
1 Year and 3 days to be exact since Paddy joined our beloved club, Had a rough start but what a change in our club. There is one thing I would love Paddy to master and that's beating them from across the toon.

Thanks for your hard work Paddy onwards and upwards - GGTTH

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Just started a similar thread: -

Progress

http://choices.truste.com/get?name=admarker-icon-tr.png

We have now won as many games as we did in all of last season and have scored only 13 less goals than we did in the whole campaign.

This season we have had 5 home wins from 8, 1 defeat - last season 2 home wins from 19, 9 defeats. We have also won half as many away games as we did in all of 2011-12.

On 2 December last year Fenlon's first game was abandoned at Fir Park - we will now be second in the SPL and one point off the top until at least 8 December 2012.

Going to Easter Road is genuinely exciting and is an enjoyable place to be right now.

All great stuff - we have a long way to go but what a turnaround in how it feels to be a Hibbie in just a few months. Thanks Pat.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-11-2012, 08:59 PM
An incredible turnaround from the despair of 6 months ago. Still a long way to go but a win on Sunday could be a real catalyst for the rest of the season.

Violater
28-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Like!

:top marks:flag:

Gatecrasher
28-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Nice one, could admin merge mine with Stevie's?

Mr White
28-11-2012, 09:02 PM

Going to Easter Road is a genuinely exciting and enjoyable place to be right now.

:agree: especially the bit in bold, so much better than during calderwood's time when it seemed like few of the players gave a **** and the manager made no secret of the fact that he didnt either.

3pm
28-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I think Pat needs to beat Hearts.

col02
28-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Progress has been very steady under Fenlon and while some might not agree I feel the cup final defeat was a turning point in the respect it forced everything that was wrong at the club to be changed! There will still be ups and downs I'm sure but I do not envisage the gloom of Calderwoods reign returning anytime soon under Pat.:thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
28-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Personally think he should only really be judged (closely) since start of this season.
I felt sorry for him in a way.. taken a terrible team to a final (SC especially) is a decent achievement it was just horrible to get them and how it all turned out. If say we had lost to Celtic im the final, I dont belive we would have lost many fans, or really feel our club being so low..
Anyway we can all see Pat has signed players that 1) work hard and give a damn 2) decent players and can play a bit 3) they understand connecting with fans

we are on the up and they deserved that tonight after getting poop on Saturday which was really harsh.

Great work Pat AND the players - keep it up.

Thank you for making it easy to love our great club again.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
28-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Ah progress, i wondered when we'd start achieving some of that? :greengrin We are progressing, although its still early days of this new team, a blind man can see its much better than we have seen for a while, maybe since Hughes first season? :devil:

We do need to start beating the gimps, mainly because we might not get many more chances, and it does always feel good.

I like what i'm seeing these days, and i think its going to get better. :top marks

The Falcon
28-11-2012, 09:12 PM

I agree. And it shouldnt be forgotten his starting point was as low as any manger in modern times.

irrespective of what happens on Sunday we will continue to improve, Monday will still come and Hearts are still struggling to survive.

iwasthere1972
28-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I think Pat needs to beat Fat Robbo with a broom.

Stevie Reid
28-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I'll mention again that we have had 6 different defensive line ups in 16 games this season, not easy to deal with at all - despite the small squad we have coped with the losses of Deegan, Clancy and McPake respectively, and shown that we can play some lovely football and dig in and grind out results at times too.

Heedersnvolleys
28-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Personally think he should only really be judged (closely) since start of this season.
I felt sorry for him in a way.. taken a terrible team to a final (SC especially) is a decent achievement it was just horrible to get them and how it all turned out. If say we had lost to Celtic im the final, I dont belive we would have lost many fans, or really feel our club being so low..
Anyway we can all see Pat has signed players that 1) work hard and give a damn 2) decent players and can play a bit 3) they understand connecting with fans

we are on the up and they deserved that tonight after getting poop on Saturday which was really harsh.

Great work Pat AND the players - keep it up.

Thank you for making it easy to love our great club again.

GGTTH

Possibly but i think the final confirmed to him that the squad needed totally changed maybe he would not have overhauled the squad as much if we were beat with just a couple goals from Celtic.

King Paddy
28-11-2012, 09:38 PM
I think Pat needs to beat Hearts.

Yes we are better than last season, but although Herzt lost 4-0 v the tic
i was very impressed by their energy and pace, Hibs will have to match
their endevour and fighting spirit if they are to win this cup tie.

SouthamptonHibs
28-11-2012, 10:17 PM
We need to beat Hearts on Sunday, if we get beat Sunday night will be our end of season party 2nd Dec i.e. No trophies!

We have improved in a year and done well in the league so far this year.
Positives are the team can dig in and win games, we also have a goal threat.
We play decent football and we look dangerous going forward

Scorecard so far this year IMO

League cup : 0/10 pumped out cup in first round by QoS (2nd Div team)
League : 8/10 Scoring goals and picking up a decent amount of wins, started winning at home which is important for getting crowds back
Scottish Cup : TBC (Must win tie,ideally at first time of asking on Sunday)

Crowd: Attendances are as good as can be expected. I think once we start beating Hearts more will come back!
Squad: First 11 are decent, we have 3 experienced players injured currently. Need to hold onto a couple of players plus get a couple more experienced guys in.

Forecast for SPL : with a bit of luck and a couple of more players in Jan, confident we can hold onto second place hail hail

Roll on Sunday

Hail Hail

essexhibee
28-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Sunday is huge. Pat needs to be Hearts. We were very poor tonight but we got the luck we deserved after Saturdays harsh result. Really thought after they got the penalty that it was going to be a third loss and we would begin a downward spiral.

Huge save from Williams. Now onto the hearts...

RyeSloan
28-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Yes we are better than last season, but although Herzt lost 4-0 v the tic
i was very impressed by their energy and pace, Hibs will have to match
their endevour and fighting spirit if they are to win this cup tie.

:agree: :agree: They are pretty pants but they sure try. If we match their energy and avoid any daft mistakes we will win. . .there side tonight was pretty woeful.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Ah progress, i wondered when we'd start achieving some of that? :greengrin We are progressing, although its still early days of this new team, a blind man can see its much better than we have seen for a while, maybe since Hughes first season? :devil:

We do need to start beating the gimps, mainly because we might not get many more chances, and it does always feel good.

I like what i'm seeing these days, and i think its going to get better. :top marks

Under Yogi we had 32 points from 16 games, and were 5 points off 1st in 3rd place, 5 points clear of Dundee Utd in 4th, and 12 points clear of Motherwell in 5th. We had won 9 games and lost only two at that stage but took only 22 points from our remaining 22 games.

So we know how quickly things can change but we have every right to enjoy where we are right now and how we managed to get there.

The Sea-gull
29-11-2012, 10:01 AM
We have now played 16 league games and 1 cup game this season. We have only lost 6 of those 17 games.

I would say that the only truly horrible 2010-mid 2012 esq performances have been v Dundee United on the opening day, v QoS in the cup and v Dundee in the league the other week. Even then, losing at Tannadice on the opening day of the season is not disgrace though the performance was dissappointing, we fielded a weakened team v QoS which finally taught PF that some players were not good enough so in some ways was a blessing and the Dundee game was just one of these things that happens when teams like ours are flying high - the hype is difficult to handle.

The real progress is that performances like these were happening most weeks for about 2.5 years. They have now only occurred 3 times in the last 4 months.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Calderwood's record was: -

P 49 W 12 D 11 L 26

Win ratio 24%
Loss ratio 53%

Pat's overall record is now: -

P 45 W 17 D 7 L 21

Win ratio 38%
Loss ratio 47%

Since the start of the season it is: -

P 17 W 8 D 3 L 6

Win ratio 47%
Loss ratio 35%

Since the close of the transfer window it is: -

P 12 W 6 D 2 L 4

Win ratio 50%
Loss ratio 33%

Alex Trager
29-11-2012, 10:25 AM

#retweet