PDA

View Full Version : Sect 43 display?

squak
28-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Do you guys have a display planned for Sunday? Great opportunity with what will be a packed out Easter Road!

Chuck Rhoades
28-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Do you guys have a display planned for Sunday? Great opportunity with what will be a packed out Easter Road!

Displays cost money, something we are lacking.

That's not to say there won't be something though.

JustSimplyHibs
28-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Why don't all three stands stand up with their scarfs aloft and sing Sunshine on Leith (a bit like Liverpool's or Glasgow Hibs YNWA), most cost effective and would be totally inspiring!

Ross4356
28-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Displays cost money, something we are lacking.

That's not to say there won't be something though.

Did yous try to raise any cash for this? I would have put a tenner in. The East is going be full for the first time and would have look good

ZS DOOM
28-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Why don't all three stands stand up with their scarfs aloft and sing Sunshine on Leith (a bit like Liverpool's or Glasgow Hibs YNWA), most cost effective and would be totally inspiring!

People should be doing this anyway

ZS DOOM
28-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Did yous try to raise any cash for this? I would have put a tenner in. The East is going be full for the first time and would have look good

We were possibly going to do something on a large Scale but decided against it for various reasons.

Mikeystewart
28-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Anyone know how close we are to a sell out?

Chuck Rhoades
28-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Anyone know how close we are to a sell out?

Still 2,200+ left in the home end, excluding corporate. Looking about around 16500-17000 sold in total.

28-11-2012, 02:24 PM
We should all just stand up and wave fivers/tenners etc in the air.

gogs_t
28-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Everybody could wear chefs hats while singing "'If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked A Cake"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=honSSKeXME8

:singing:

neilmartinrocks
28-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Everybody could wear chefs hats while singing "'If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked A Cake "

hehehehehehe. liked that.:greengrin

JimBHibees
28-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Everybody could wear chefs hats while singing "'If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked A Cake"

That would be so funny. Superb. :top marks

SaulGoodman
28-11-2012, 03:10 PM

We used to do it when Easter road was a sellout for Derby games :agree:

cocopops1875
28-11-2012, 03:11 PM

I Think the Lads have to pick and choose their games as funds allow, This to an extent is an unplanned game so having the money in place was always unlikely. Im sure as these things go on they are learning how to Maximise donations and will at some point be in a position to have reserve funds for unplanned matches. Keep Up The Good Work S43 :thumbsup::flag::thumbsup::flag:

yeezus.
28-11-2012, 03:18 PM
We should all just stand up and wave fivers/tenners etc in the air.

:agree: that would wind them up. Stinkin yams.

Ross4356
28-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I Think the Lads have to pick and choose their games as funds allow, This to an extent is an unplanned game so having the money in place was always unlikely. Im sure as these things go on they are learning how to Maximise donations and will at some point be in a position to have reserve funds for unplanned matches. Keep Up The Good Work S43 :thumbsup::flag::thumbsup::flag:

Couldn't agree more

neilmartinrocks
28-11-2012, 03:47 PM
what about a sponsored chant?
I'll donate £50 if you chant "theres only one mike mackechnie" for 1 minute at the derby on sunday.

(but it has to be at 51 minutes in)
:greengrin:greengrin

California-Hibs
28-11-2012, 04:31 PM

That would be epic if that song was played on Sunday!!! :pray:

I've always been disappointed that we haven't seized the oppertunity to make fun of them on match-days with a tune or two that is comical and rubs it in at the same time. Always thought the players running out to 'The Magnificent Seven' theme tune against them for example, would be great! :greengrin

frazeHFC
28-11-2012, 04:37 PM
That would be epic if that song was played on Sunday!!! :pray:

I've always been disappointed that we haven't seized the oppertunity to make fun of them on match-days with a tune or two that is comical and rubs it in at the same time. Always thought the players running out to 'The Magnificent Seven' theme tune against them for example, would be great! :greengrin

:agree:

Their announer likes to wind us up when we go, last time bringing on ex-yams that have scored versus us etc, yet as soon as we do something (not even against them) the announcer is sacked!

Franck Stanton
28-11-2012, 05:11 PM
:agree:

Their announer likes to wind us up when we go, last time bringing on ex-yams that have scored versus us etc, yet as soon as we do something (not even against them) the announcer is sacked!

Too many "Stuffed - Shirts" on our Board of Directors. It just isn't cricket you know.

neilmartinrocks
28-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Too many "Stuffed - Shirts" on our Board of Directors. It just isn't cricket you know.

We are too much of a soft touch about that sort of thing.
I'm going to make a batch of cup cakes with the Hibs crest on them and hand them out before the game. Hope i don't offend anybody.:greengrin

RIP
28-11-2012, 05:24 PM

bollox. The directors are Hibbies just like you and me. Don't think any were involved in the decision on the announcer. It was a. Management decision by all accounts

hfc rd
28-11-2012, 05:31 PM

Needs to be played this Sunday.

FranckSuzy
28-11-2012, 05:48 PM
What about this (http://youtu.be/BnwJ5KIcKX4) being played? Maybe subtle enough to go unnoticed :wink: :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
28-11-2012, 06:06 PM
:singing: shall we bake a cake for you
:singing: shall we bake a...

:music:

ALF TUPPER
29-11-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm going to make a fine batch of pegs to sell from my caravan on Sunday for our good friends in Gorgie. That should do the trick

LancashireHibby
29-11-2012, 09:08 AM
:singing: shall we bake a...

:music:
The yeast, the yeast, the yeast is on fire.

JustSimplyHibs
29-11-2012, 09:11 AM
We used to do it when Easter road was a sellout for Derby games :agree:

Yep, i know bud, we also used to occupy that side of the city when we were at their bit, walking to and from...maybe the change to the drinking laws and where the away fans are situated has put an end to that (all we do know is occupy a pub at the Roseburn)

Always mind a bus full of Japanese tourists at festival time taking pictures of thousands of Hibbys walking along the road...quality.

Reclaim our city :flag::pfgwa:flag:

Leishy1995
29-11-2012, 09:16 AM
It took me a good ten minutes to get the "If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a cake" reference. Pure gold.:flag:

lord bunberry
29-11-2012, 09:27 AM
The yeast, the yeast, the yeast is on fire.

Technically speaking you don't put yeast in cakes its baking powder :greengrin

LancashireHibby
29-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Technically speaking you don't put yeast in cakes its baking powder :greengrin
Maybe they were selling 'yeast cakes' as well?!

Yes, I did Google it. :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
29-11-2012, 09:57 AM
bollox. The directors are Hibbies just like you and me. Don't think any were involved in the decision on the announcer. It was a. Management decision by all accounts

**** sake, you don't need to bite and defend them at every opportunity.

.Sean.
29-11-2012, 06:34 PM
**** sake, you don't need to bite and defend them at every opportunity.I think he's on the payroll!

GORDONSMITH7
30-11-2012, 12:19 AM
We should have played this every time we have played the Merricks at Easter Road since 1973. Far too radical for successive conservative high heid yins at Hibs methinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLTHW0ZwK7U

BIG G

California-Hibs
30-11-2012, 03:24 AM
We should have played this every time we have played the Merricks at Easter Road since 1973. Far too radical for successive conservative high heid yins at Hibs methinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLTHW0ZwK7U

BIG G

Agreed! We want the Magnificent Seven played!! :agree::cb

worcesterhibby
30-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Great shout, playing the magnificent seven would be class. Great tune too. The players should come out one at a time with the announcer shouting their names, so they all get a big cheer. Then line up on the half way line staring the Jambo's down.
:cb:cb:cb:cb:cb:cb:cb:cb:cb:cb

Alex Trager
30-11-2012, 08:50 AM

Would be superb. Even if there were no hats it would be super

Oscar T Grouch
30-11-2012, 12:21 PM

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4793780_own-chef-hats.html

Looks easy enough :greengrin

RIP
30-11-2012, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=frazeHFC;3427631] Their announer likes to wind us up when we go, last time bringing on ex-yams that have scored versus us etc, yet as soon as we do something (not even against them) the announcer is sacked!
[QUOTE=eric.hibsfan;3427653]Too many "Stuffed - Shirts" on our Board of Directors. It just isn't cricket you know.
[QUOTE=Gogs43;3427673]bollox. The directors are Hibbies just like you and me. Don't think any were involved in the decision on the announcer. It was a management decision by all accounts
[QUOTE=BouncerRoss;3428843]**** sake, you don't need to bite and defend them at every opportunity

Take a chill pill Ross. I'm neither biting nor defending anyone. Eric was blaming the board members for the DJ carryon. Wrong target. I just pointed out that it was management making those decisions. That's correcting false assumptions mate - not defending anyone

[QUOTE=.Sean.;3429433]I think he's on the payroll!

People volunteer their time Sean as do most of the directors. The two dudes I've met most recently are retired and do volunteer work - 2/3 days a week for the club they love for nae pay, no even expenses. This ensures that less of our ticket money goes on admin and more to Pat for his squad budget. To date I've counted a couple of dozen volunteers behind the scenes - that's before we count all the guys making and setting up displays.

No precious about this - just saying likesay