28-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Today's papers reporting mcpake is out
tonight and also the cup derby game.
he has been a huge miss for us as a
leader on the park.was really hoping
he would be fit for Sunday,hope its
just a bluff and he plays on Sunday.
:pfgwa

Not sure it would be a good idea to bring him back on Sunday with his lack of match practice - if he doesn't make it this evening, I can't see him running out for us on Sunday

cocopops1875
28-11-2012, 07:01 AM
I really hope this is mind games from Paddy :paranoid:

To be honest I'm pretty sure HahaHearts are not too concerned about McPake either way. Certainly not worth mind games from us

marinello59
28-11-2012, 07:34 AM
It's a blow but not massive. We have other leaders out there these days. McGivern springs to mind.

Just_Jimmy
28-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Mcgivern has been outstanding. Get him signed longer term. Hes a class act.

franks
28-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Really think McPake will be desperate to play on Sunday and will be willing to play through the pain barrier if that's an option.

Ultrabee1-0
28-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Mcpake will play he's a boss! If not sadly missed need him back asap!

J-C
28-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Said in yesterdays EN that Fenlon didn't want to risk him for St Johnstone and was expecting him to be OK for sunday.

Hermit Crab
28-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Said in yesterdays EN that Fenlon didn't want to risk him for St Johnstone and was expecting him to be OK for sunday.

Reports in the record suggesting he's out for another 10 days along with Clancy who needs an op??

J-C
28-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Reports in the record suggesting he's out for another 10 days along with Clancy who needs an op??

Never read that rag, only the local EN which has all sport from this city, we'll just have to wait and see on sunday then.

legends of 73
28-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Never read that rag, only the local EN which has all sport from this city, we'll just have to wait and see on sunday then.

But you listen to gossip on the ranks and think its true:na na::na na::na na:

HibeeN
28-11-2012, 09:01 AM

On Hibs TV Fenlon said that Clancy has had the op and should hopefully be back in 2-3 weeks. Also said McPake was still sore and they didn't want to risk him being out even longer.

Stevie Reid
28-11-2012, 09:06 AM
There is absolutely no doubt that losing our captain and the man who promised us that Hearts would never walk over us again would be a blow, but we have the means to deal with it, and there's no reason that James cannot still be an influence in the dressing room before the game, even if he is unfit.

J-C
28-11-2012, 09:34 AM
But you listen to gossip on the ranks and think its true:na na::na na::na na:

Eff off you :na na:

You going to game tonight, noticed you working last night.?

Speedway
28-11-2012, 09:41 AM
McPake out of the next two, Deegan out of the next three. Clancy out until the new year.

JimBHibees
28-11-2012, 09:55 AM
McPake out is a miss and we certainly don't need any more injuries tonight bearing in mind Sunday's game.

GreenPJ
28-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Who are our reserve defenders that are capable of going into 1st team.

green glory
28-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Who are our reserve defenders that are capable of going into 1st team.

Scott Smith possibly. Looked decent anytime I've seen him.

hibs0666
28-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Nowt to worry about - Pa Kujabi is waiting in the wings like a coiled spring just waiting to be uncorked. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
28-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Nowt to worry about - Pa Kujabi is waiting in the wings like a coiled spring just waiting to be uncorked. :rolleyes:

At least he's suspended for the cup game ;-)

J-C
28-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Scott Smith possibly. Looked decent anytime I've seen him.

On loan at E Fife is he not??

hibs0666
28-11-2012, 11:26 AM
At least he's suspended for the cup game ;-)

Canny believe that McPake being out has hit the headlines whilst there's not been a word said about Kujabi's absence. Will be a huge miss for us on Sunday.

Dinkydoo
28-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Worrying if true.

No Deegan, Clancy or McPake.

YehButNoBut
28-11-2012, 12:05 PM
From this lunch times Scotsman James definately out tonight & will struggle to make the Hearts game, says: -

Fenlon has been dealt a huge blow with the news that James McPake will miss tonight’s match because of continuing back problems. Furthermore, Hibs’ skipper is almost certain to also be ruled out of the Hearts game.

He is, however, hoping that his captain will be fit in time 
for the league game against 
Inverness in ten days time.

He added: “James will struggle for the weekend – it’s a back spasm and we hope he will be back in ten days for the game against Inverness, which is more realistic.

“Tim Clancy has had a minor op and it will be another two or three weeks before he is back playing.

“We’re short of numbers, particularly defensively, but Lewis [Stevenson] has done well at left back and Ryan has played at championship level so it’s not as if we’re throwing in kids to play.

“If we have to do that, however, young Brad Donaldson has done well at the Under-20s and can play right back and central defence.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/pat-fenlon-says-hibs-will-focus-on-st-johnstone-not-the-derby-1-2664145

Stevie Reid
28-11-2012, 12:40 PM
The team we had last time we beat them: -

Ma-Kalambay, van Zanten, Thicot, Murray, Hanlon, O'Brien (Keenan 75), Chisholm, Rankin, Stevenson, Riordan, Fletcher.
Subs Not Used: McNeil, Pinau, McCormack, Campbell, Cropley, Tolmie.

Theirs was: -

Kello, Neilson, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Lee Wallace, Obua, Stewart, Jonsson (Nade 33), Driver, Aguiar, Elliot (Tullberg 83).
Subs Not Used: Balogh, Kingston, Mrowiec, Thomson, Templeton.

Even missing McPake, Clancy and Deegan we have a far better starting eleven and squad than we did then - they are much, much worse off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8033673.stm

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2012, 12:56 PM
The team we had last time we beat them: -

Ma-Kalambay, van Zanten, Thicot, Murray, Hanlon, O'Brien (Keenan 75), Chisholm, Rankin, Stevenson, Riordan, Fletcher.
Subs Not Used: McNeil, Pinau, McCormack, Campbell, Cropley, Tolmie.

Theirs was: -

Kello, Neilson, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Lee Wallace, Obua, Stewart, Jonsson (Nade 33), Driver, Aguiar, Elliot (Tullberg 83).
Subs Not Used: Balogh, Kingston, Mrowiec, Thomson, Templeton.

Even missing McPake, Clancy and Deegan we have a far better starting eleven and squad than we did then - they are much, much worse off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8033673.stm

Jeez, that was some starting line up and bench, look at how far we have come in terms of quality....

Scouse Hibee
28-11-2012, 01:28 PM
We were always going to have to cope with injuries or suspensions at sometime, despite having several players that can cover a number of positions our squad is not the biggest or strongest so to me it's no big deal. We have to play with what we have and get on with it without the drama!

legends of 73
28-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Eff off you :na na:

You going to game tonight, noticed you working last night.?

That's why I was working last night freezing cold Perth here we come:flag::pfgwa

Pete
28-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I think we'll be ok on Sunday as attacking and scoring is hardly their forte.

Tonight is massive and all eyes will be on the defence to see how they perform again. We've done not bad so far and in general they can be trusted. A draw at least today and a win on Sunday would be great considering.

Diclonius
28-11-2012, 01:48 PM
What a ****ing joke. This happens without fail - our form goes to ****, we have players out, and they tap into a ****ing gold mine. Happens every time before a derby. ****'s sake. :grr:

Keith_M
28-11-2012, 01:59 PM
We were always going to have to cope with injuries or suspensions at sometime, despite having several players that can cover a number of positions our squad is not the biggest or strongest so to me it's no big deal. We have to play with what we have and get on with it without the drama!

That's very true but I think we would all have preferred if it hadn't been before the Hearts game. We really wanted to see the full strength team up against them to see what we could do.

Alex Trager
28-11-2012, 02:00 PM
What a ****ing joke. This happens without fail - our form goes to ****, we have players out, and they tap into a ****ing gold mine. Happens every time before a derby. ****'s sake. :grr:

Gold mine?
Chill out, if this team had any of this bottle it'll do the job. They certainly edge it quality wise.

1two
28-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Fenlon more or less confirming he'll miss Sunday

Bob Box Fish
28-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Fenlon could be bluffing

Craig_in_Prague
28-11-2012, 09:19 PM
McGivern is outstanding so we are not suffering too much.
Sooner James is back the better of course, but been really happy with McGivern he is a class act.