PDA

View Full Version : Record player

CB_NO3
28-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Looking to by myself a record player guys. Nothing too pricey, just summit to use in the flat. Anyone recommend one at a decent price. Also does anyone on here collect vinyl and looking to get rid of any?

Skanko79
28-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Even though second hand you should take a look for a technic deck in decent condidtion. i think to buy new they are around 300 quid but imagine you might pick one up second hand for around 150-200. I got mine from a friend who got his new around 13 years ago, he got them serviced before i got them and they are as good as new, if you already have an amp etc etc then it would be a great addition, the things are rock solid.

What kind of vinyl are you after?

CB_NO3
28-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Even though second hand you should take a look for a technic deck in decent condidtion. i think to buy new they are around 300 quid but imagine you might pick one up second hand for around 150-200. I got mine from a friend who got his new around 13 years ago, he got them serviced before i got them and they are as good as new, if you already have an amp etc etc then it would be a great addition, the things are rock solid.

What kind of vinyl are you after?
Indie rock, punk, mod, soul. Anything from Small Faces, Kinks, The Who, The Jam, Weller, Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, some original Ska would be good. That sort of thing.

Skanko79
28-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Indie rock, punk, mod, soul. Anything from Small Faces, Kinks, The Who, The Jam, Weller, Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, some original Ska would be good. That sort of thing.

dunno if its still there but elvis shakespeare on leith walk is always good.

will keep my ears open for you mate, my collections consists mostly of house/techno. have some indie stuff, massive attack, mondays, stone roses etc etc....

Hiber-nation
28-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Awright CB, Rachel's Dad here :wink:

I have loads of vinyl that I hardly ever play but I can't decide what stuff I want to keep!! Huge pile of punk singles, loads of punk/new wave albums including most Jam albums plus tons of other albums from folk to metal and a box of disco 12 inch singles too. No original ska but I've got the single of Gangsters by the Specials and 1 or 2 Beat singles.

Are you wanting to buy or are you on the lookout for freebies? I could PM you a list of the stuff I'm willing to part with....once I've actually decided!

Skanko79
28-11-2012, 02:14 PM

I have loads of vinyl that I hardly ever play but I can't decide what stuff I want to keep!! Huge pile of punk singles, loads of punk/new wave albums including most Jam albums plus tons of other albums from folk to metal and a box of disco 12 inch singles too. No original ska but I've got the single of Gangsters by the Specials and 1 or 2 Beat singles.

Are you wanting to buy or are you on the lookout for freebies? I could PM you a list of the stuff I'm willing to part with....once I've actually decided!

i may be interested in the disco stuff mate.

Hiber-nation
28-11-2012, 04:18 PM
i may be interested in the disco stuff mate.

OK cheers, I'll PM you a list when I get a minute....don't think there are any rarities but I do know there's some dross :wink:

Skanko79
28-11-2012, 04:50 PM
OK cheers, I'll PM you a list when I get a minute....don't think there are any rarities but I do know there's some dross :wink:

cheers buddy that would be amazing. :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
28-11-2012, 05:51 PM
cheers buddy that would be amazing. :thumbsup:

Forgot to say - its all late 70s/early 80s. Will get back to you in a day or 2.

Skanko79
28-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Forgot to say - its all late 70s/early 80s. Will get back to you in a day or 2.

yeah mate that sounds ace!! no rush bud, just whenever you get the time to get a wee list together. thanks again boss. :aok:

degenerated
28-11-2012, 06:53 PM

I would be interested in seeing what punk stuff you are interested in selling too.
I've just started buying a fair bit of vinyl again of late and always keen to add more to my collection.

Hiber-nation
28-11-2012, 09:20 PM
I would be interested in seeing what punk stuff you are interested in selling too.
I've just started buying a fair bit of vinyl again of late and always keen to add more to my collection.

I'm really wanting to keep most of my punk singles, but once I have a proper look there will be a few that I know I'll never play again (pish like London Girls live by the Vibrators immediately springs to mind :greengrin).

I could do with getting shot of some albums though. I'll let you know once I get round to it :aok:

CB_NO3
05-12-2012, 01:59 AM

Hey JV, hows tricks? Not been on this for a few days. I would be willing to buy some albums, not really fussed about singles as such. If you could get a list together mate that would be appreciated.

Cheers
CB

Hiber-nation
05-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey JV, hows tricks? Not been on this for a few days. I would be willing to buy some albums, not really fussed about singles as such. If you could get a list together mate that would be appreciated.

Cheers
CB

OK ma man I'll get round to it, just need RV to clear out the cupboard in her old room first so I get get to the albums!