PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon Motivation Tactics

Ultrabee1-0
26-11-2012, 03:01 PM
How will he get the boys more up for the cup tie? They should already be buzzing! But I'd have them watch the highlights of the final and the **** over the road celebrating! And tell them to get into these ***** and make sure it doesn't happen in the history of this club again!

LancashireHibby
26-11-2012, 03:06 PM
To be honest I'd do the complete opposite and remind the players that it doesn't matter what's happened before, it's all about what happens NOW. Constantly looking to the humpings of the past is why we've looked defeated virtually as soon as the teams come out of the tunnel on derby day.

Ultrabee1-0
26-11-2012, 03:10 PM
To be honest I'd do the complete opposite and remind the players that it doesn't matter what's happened before, it's all about what happens NOW. Constantly looking to the humpings of the past is why we've looked defeated virtually as soon as the teams come out of the tunnel on derby day.

You can do it both ways! As long as we are in the pot for the next round I don't care how they do it!

Stevie Reid
26-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Any preparation should most definitely not involve revisiting/reviewing the worst day in the club's history, featuring performances by many players who thankfully are no longer at the club, IMO.

marinello59
26-11-2012, 03:43 PM
How will he get the boys more up for the cup tie? They should already be buzzing! But I'd have them watch the highlights of the final and the **** over the road celebrating! And tell them to get into these ***** and make sure it doesn't happen in the history of this club again!

That's the last thing I would want to happen. Positive motivation only please.

frazeHFC
26-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Show them the interview of Kenny Shiles saying we are lucky, a poor side or something like that. Should fire them up! We, the crowd should be a motivation too, be in the ground early singing getting an atmosphere going.

Stevie Reid
26-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Get McGlynn's recent comment about us and the SC up on the dressing room wall.

matty_f
26-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Get them to beat St Johnstone first on Wednesday, then think about Sunday.

Stevie Reid
26-11-2012, 03:57 PM

Good shout. Really concerned about any potential injuries in that one.

Craig_in_Prague
26-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Dont feel this team really need any motivation. They work hard and Sunday will be about cutting out mistakes and taken chances at the other end, getting too fired up can mean going in for rash challenges and seeing red.
I'd say much the same as we have been doing at home and make sure we dont beat ourselves, the goals against the dons and Utd were both down to us...

I also believe we hardly ever get much luck against them, fingers crossed the rub of the green goes for us.

its still not a level playing field though as they cant afford the squad they have.. they look rather ordinary though so we stand a good chance.

Diclonius
26-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Get Skacel's Dundee United top hanging up on the dressing room wall.

Hibercelona
26-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I just hope they haven't been wasting their time studying how Hearts have been playing against other opposition this season. It should be pretty damn clear by now that Hearts don't play the same way against us as they do against other opposition. As pish as they are, they'll be well up for it as always. We just need to be more up for it than them.

Franck Stanton
26-11-2012, 04:34 PM
We are going to REALLY humiliate them on Sunday, hammer them into the ground. Gub them, beat them, give them a footballing lesson they will never forget, stuff them, murder them, out-sing their in-bred supporters, it'll be 5-0 with 5min to go and Sparky will get the ball on the half-way line, turn around, dribble back to our box and smash it past Williams making the score 5-1 just so that it will eventually shut their smug horrible ugly high-forehead toothless faces forever. Back to reality, -think we will win.

lord bunberry
26-11-2012, 04:38 PM
We are going to REALLY humiliate them on Sunday, hammer them into the ground. Gub them, beat them, give them a footballing lesson they will never forget, stuff them, murder them, out-sing their in-bred supporters, it'll be 5-0 with 5min to go and Sparky will get the ball on the half-way line, turn around, dribble back to our box and smash it past Williams making the score 5-1 just so that it will eventually shut their smug horrible ugly high-forehead toothless faces forever. Back to reality, -think we will win.

Im getting the impression that you don't particularly like hearts

Leishy1995
26-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Imagine beating them 5-1 then they went bust.

Franck Stanton
26-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Im getting the impression that you don't particularly like hearts

Re bit in bold - whatever gives you that impression ? Just saying it like it is, we are going to win on Sunday.

mim
26-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Hearts have conceded 14 goals in 15 league games.
Hibs have conceded 21 goals in 15 games.

Hearts have scored 14 goals in 15 games.
Hibs have scored 26 goals in 15 games.

From the above, you can clearly see that the most likley result is 5-0 to Hibs. :wink:

Ringothedog
26-11-2012, 04:58 PM

Agreed......Hibernian FC relaunched on May 20th 2012

PISTOL1875
26-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Imagine beating them 5-1 then they went bust.

I would be devastated if we gave those tramps a goal..

Diclonius
26-11-2012, 05:05 PM
If we are ahead, we will not hear a single thing about 5-1. The most important result is always the one that's happening at that time and both us and them know it.

Onion
26-11-2012, 05:09 PM

:agree: 3 weeks ago, I was much more confident about our chances (and the likely Hibs players approach) in this game. Since then - as so often happens - the Yams have looked a bit more solid and Hibs have gone the other way.

We need to focus on winning (or at the very least not losing) the St J match.

Going into the Yam match on the back of 3 defeats, with no JMcP, ain't good.

leggeto
26-11-2012, 06:57 PM
could allways wipe their memorys so they dont freeze when we play them and make them think its just another team
:flag:

Speedway
26-11-2012, 07:03 PM
4 or 5-1 to Hearts again. Sure as ****.

lyonhibs
27-11-2012, 06:52 AM
4 or 5-1 to Hearts again. Sure as ****.

:panic:
I know what you mean though. There's been bigger gulfs in class between us - I'm thinking the post League Cup debacle at ER - and they have still turned a performance out. When the gulf in class - even if this gulf was financed by cheating - has been in their favour, they almost always seem to stuff us like Christmas turkeys.

I'm always intrigued/bewildered how a club that is currently run by Lithuanian shysters with no emotional ties to Edinburgh or indeed HoMFC can have consistently more motivated players for the biggest games of the season - God knows how they do it, but Hearts must just make players realise how much the Derby means to fans, irrespective of the latest shambles in the background. On and off for the past decade, our players - although this appears to have changed this season - seem to run out of the tunnel defeated.

I'll take a ****ty, scrappy 1-0 with a spawny own goal, thank you very much. Talk of ripping them a new one is likely to be highly misguided I feel.

Franck Stanton
27-11-2012, 01:53 PM
:panic:
I know what you mean though. There's been bigger gulfs in class between us - I'm thinking the post League Cup debacle at ER - and they have still turned a performance out. When the gulf in class - even if this gulf was financed by cheating - has been in their favour, they almost always seem to stuff us like Christmas turkeys.

I'm always intrigued/bewildered how a club that is currently run by Lithuanian shysters with no emotional ties to Edinburgh or indeed HoMFC can have consistently more motivated players for the biggest games of the season - God knows how they do it, but Hearts must just make players realise how much the Derby means to fans, irrespective of the latest shambles in the background. On and off for the past decade, our players - although this appears to have changed this season - seem to run out of the tunnel defeated.

I'll take a ****ty, scrappy 1-0 with a spawny own goal, thank you very much. Talk of ripping them a new one is likely to be highly misguided I feel.

Re bit in bold -- Because wee teams always raise their games against better, bigger, opposition.