PDA

View Full Version : St.Johnstone game

JollyGreenGiant
26-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Just noticed on the Hibs website that kids under 12 get in free.

Wasn't going to go, but defo going now if I can get the wee man in for free! Saints really offer good deals for families, can't see why Hibs don't do this more regularly.

Anyhow, bring on Wednesday, big game for the boys ahead of the derby!

GGTTH

StevieC
26-11-2012, 08:54 AM

Wasn't going to go, but defo going now if I can get the wee man in for free! Saints really offer good deals for families, can't see why Hibs don't do this more regularly.

Which stand?
If it's the Ormond Stand (mixed support) don't expect much atmosphere.

Saints have a limited fan base and really need to be active with their offers in order to build it up. Catching them young seems like a sensible way to do that.

JollyGreenGiant
26-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Which stand?
If it's the Ormond Stand (mixed support) don't expect much atmosphere.

Saints have a limited fan base and really need to be active with their offers in order to build it up. Catching them young seems like a sensible way to do that.

On my phone so can't post link, but im sure it says £22 for adult and under 12s free, if you go in the Ormond stand £15 for adult and 2 under 12s free.

Clydesdale Bank Premier League
St Johnstone v Hibernian
McDiarmid Park
Wednesday 28th November 2012
Away - Kick Off 7.45pm
Cash gates will be in operation for Hibernian Support
North Stand
Prices:
Adult: £22
Over 65: £12
13-18 year old: £11
Accompanied kids aged 12 and under - free of charge (max two per paying adult)
Please note the Ormond Stand will not be open. For the family pricing below please enter through turnstile 11 in the North Stand
1 adult and a maximum of two kids aged 12 and under: £15 NB: No unaccompanied adults
Disabled Supporters:
There are 9 Wheelchair and 9 Carer spaces available and 9 Ambulant and 9 Carer spaces available on a first come first served basis.
Price - £13 per pair
Please contact the Disabled Supporters' Helpline directly on 0131 656 7066, or visit the Ticket Desk in the Club Store in person.

StevieC
26-11-2012, 10:57 AM
On my phone so can't post link, but im sure it says £22 for adult and under 12s free, if you go in the Ormond stand £15 for adult and 2 under 12s free.

That's pretty good then. Well done to St Johnstone for offering the deal in the away end.

yeezus.
26-11-2012, 10:59 AM
:agree: Looking forward to taking my "neutral" brother to this one.

The Sea-gull
26-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Keep forgetting we have this game - anyone else the same?

Looking back to a month ago when we beat Well 4-0 that was really a sit up and take notice result as I don't think anyone was expecting that. We then really started looking at the fixtures ahead with confidence saying what if this and what if that. We then ground out a win v St Mirren, beat Dundee Utd with the focus on Skakel 51 etc, went up to Dens on a high as table toppers. Crashed there spectaculalry then there was a bit of hype round Saturday's "battle of the challenegers".

Since Saturday, a lot of focus has turned to the derby and the Saints game seems to have been overlooked until today. It is a big game as results frrom the last couple of weeks have meant that it is not only us and Aberdeen pacing with Celtic in the race for the league but St Johnstone themselves, ICT, Motherwell and even Dundee United are creeping back. Even the Yams have stacked together a 3 match unbeaten run!

If we add another bad result to the recent two games, we are in danger of slipping into the bottom half of the table.

LeighLoyal
26-11-2012, 11:47 AM
We're creating chances but not taking them, I'd be more worried if we were not creating much in these last two defeats. We need to win this one though.

yeezus.
26-11-2012, 12:08 PM
]Keep forgetting we have this game - anyone else the same?
[/B]
Looking back to a month ago when we beat Well 4-0 that was really a sit up and take notice result as I don't think anyone was expecting that. We then really started looking at the fixtures ahead with confidence saying what if this and what if that. We then ground out a win v St Mirren, beat Dundee Utd with the focus on Skakel 51 etc, went up to Dens on a high as table toppers. Crashed there spectaculalry then there was a bit of hype round Saturday's "battle of the challenegers".

Since Saturday, a lot of focus has turned to the derby and the Saints game seems to have been overlooked until today. It is a big game as results frrom the last couple of weeks have meant that it is not only us and Aberdeen pacing with Celtic in the race for the league but St Johnstone themselves, ICT, Motherwell and even Dundee United are creeping back. Even the Yams have stacked together a 3 match unbeaten run!

If we add another bad result to the recent two games, we are in danger of slipping into the bottom half of the table.

Yes. There are a few folk on here that keep forgetting about this game. I keep thinking about next Sunday as well!

hibsmad
26-11-2012, 12:25 PM
We're creating chances but not taking them, I'd be more worried if we were not creating much in these last two defeats. We need to win this one though.

Agree, however we were creating chances on Saturday and not taking them with Griffiths in the team. As far as being worried is concerned, for me it all depends on keeping hold of Leigh.

If we lose him in January then I admit to being worried as to how the second half of our season will pan out.

Billy Whizz
26-11-2012, 04:04 PM
If we win on Wednesday, and Aberdeen draw their games this week, we will be back at the top of the League.
Great incentive to get a result this week

muzzhfc
26-11-2012, 04:58 PM
this is a difficult game, on the back of 2 defeats, we dont have a great away form, the distraction of the derby. should be a decent game

Craig_in_Prague
26-11-2012, 04:59 PM
when did we last win in Perth?

hibsbollah
26-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Not sure when we last won there, I recall they humped us 5-1 last season in Perth, putting five goals past the man mountain Graeme Smith takes some doing...

Hibercelona
26-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Not sure when we last won there, I recall they humped us 5-1 last season in Perth, putting five goals past the man mountain Graeme Smith takes some doing...

I don't go to many away games, but was at that one. What a mess. :boo hoo:

We need to cut out daft defensive errors due to a lapse in concentration and be as clinical as possible up the other end. No fooling around. Lets just turn up and do what we need to do to get the 3 points.

Diclonius
26-11-2012, 05:23 PM

12th May 2002, the last game we played against them before they previously went down.

In four games there since they came back up we've drawn one and lost three, 3 goals scored and 11 (!) conceded. The 5-1 was three seasons ago. :greengrin

.Sean.
26-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Surely the players will go out feeling they have a point to prove after the last 2 results. We can also go back to the top of the league should results go our way, so that should be an incentive for them to get out and kick some arse. Tough game though. Looking forward to it, heading through on the East Lothian ST Bus.

erin go bragh
26-11-2012, 06:38 PM
If we win on Wednesday, and Aberdeen/Celtic draw their games this week, we will be back at the top of the League.
Great incentive to get a result this week
Fixed it :wink:
Would have took the wee fellas if it had been a weekend game, as £15 for the three of us is brilliant ,but its too late for them :cbor is it , 5 and 7 :cb aye its too late .

ggtth

Mikey
26-11-2012, 06:52 PM

GGTTH

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250693-*****Accounts-to-31st-July-2012-See-Them-Here*****

Frogga
26-11-2012, 06:54 PM
12th May 2002, the last game we played against them before they previously went down.

In four games there since they came back up we've drawn one and lost three, 3 goals scored and 11 (!) conceded. The 5-1 was three seasons ago. :greengrin

I was at that game. Pretty sure Freddy Daquin scored for us and Whittaker made his debut.

My biggest memory from this game is a guy who spent the whole game sleeping across 3 seats beside me. The only time he woke up was when we scored!

Big_Franck
26-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Does anyone know if someone was to be sent off on Wednesday, or go through the yellow cards threshold, would they then be suspended for the derby? Or would they be suspended for the next league game?

I have tried searching on the SFA website but it's not easy to find.

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know if someone was to be sent off on Wednesday, or go through the yellow cards threshold, would they then be suspended for the derby? Or would they be suspended for the next league game?

I have tried searching on the SFA website but it's not easy to find.As far as I'm aware only a red card for violent conduct would stop anybody playing in the derby. Other than that cards only count in the competition in which they were picked up.

Squealing pig
26-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I was at that game. Pretty sure Freddy Daquin scored for us and Whittaker made his debut.

My biggest memory from this game is a guy who spent the whole game sleeping across 3 seats beside me. The only time he woke up was when we scored!

Whittaker definatley didn't make his debut this game that's a fact.

JollyGreenGiant
26-11-2012, 08:59 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250693-*****Accounts-to-31st-July-2012-See-Them-Here*****

:confused:

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Whittaker definatley didn't make his debut this game that's a fact.

I think he did. Came on as a sub.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=4637

Fact.

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2012, 09:57 PM

I have tried searching on the SFA website but it's not easy to find.

we don't have any players near that point(yet) even sparky is being a good boy :cb

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2012, 10:04 PM
we certainly had a far better record at the old Muirton park than we do at McDiarmid park :(

andrew70
27-11-2012, 10:48 AM
@St_Johnstone_FC: Ormond Stand not available tomorrow night: http://t.co/Q5BAafLi

DH1875
27-11-2012, 06:06 PM

GGTTH

Don't know why people continue to have a go at the club. Pretty sure they gave away 500+ kids season tickets for the FF at the start of the season and then do other things like free tickets for the Celtic game.

marinello59
27-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Don't know why people continue to have a go at the club. Pretty sure they gave away 500+ kids season tickets for the FF at the start of the season and then do other things like free tickets for the Celtic game.

Aye. The club do loads but to many people just don't want to see it. Entry to four free games for Hibs Kids for example.

Mr White
27-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Yup anyone who wants to take an under 12 to Easter rd just once in the season should get them signed up in the hibs kids, absolute bargain for a Tenner considering entry to one match would normally be 12 quid.

JollyGreenGiant
27-11-2012, 07:00 PM

Hardly having a go at the club, merely suggesting they could do more. With 8000+ seats empty most home games, why not give free tickets away to schools.

Both my kids have season tickets, but imho the club need to do more to encourage the next generation of kids along and hopefully they will want to come back. Even giving out free tickets, there is a good chance they will by food & drink, programmes and maybe club merchandise.

GreenPJ
27-11-2012, 07:32 PM
That's pretty good then. Well done to St Johnstone for offering the deal in the away end.

I thought they legally had to if they were offering it to home supporters.