PDA

View Full Version : Players you'd like to see at hibs (realistic)

GGTTH07
25-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Start with McGowan from st mirren and the lad Riley from Dundee are two if love to see

SteveHFC
25-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Andrew Shinnie, Gavin Gunning and Colin Nish :wink:

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2012, 09:45 PM
McGivern, Claros, Griffiths and Rory Fallon

truehibernian
25-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Nicky Law, Andrew Shinnie and Manny Piscali.

HibeeBigFly
25-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Murray davidson, Ross Forbes and kenny McLean

heretoday
25-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Nigel Hasselbaink.

Ultrabee1-0
25-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Leigh griffiths, claros,mcgivern, michael higdon & paddy mccourt.

calumhibee1
25-11-2012, 10:55 PM
McCourt, Higdon, McNulty from Livi and Kenny Miller

shetlandhibee
25-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Claros, griffiths, McGivern, Riley, McCourt, miller

RoscoHibby
25-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Cant believe there's people on here saying would have that Shinnie from ICT. When we played them bout a month ago, I remember specifically pointing out just how ***** he was to my mate. Every 2nd touch was a tackle. Really dont see it.

Would like to see lad Humphrey from Motherwell playing at ER, direct and blistering pace, something we're lacking just now IMO.

R'Albin
25-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Rory Fallon

Manny Piscali.

Nigel Hasselbaink.

I'd rather not see any of them play for us tbh.

Hibernian Verse
25-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Cant believe there's people on here saying would have that Shinnie from ICT. When we played them bout a month ago, I remember specifically pointing out just how ***** he was to my mate. Every 2nd touch was a tackle. Really dont see it.

Would like to see lad Humphrey from Motherwell playing at ER, direct and blistering pace, something we're lacking just now IMO.

In that case that Doyle is ***** because he had a bad game against Aberdeen? Everyone's allowed an off day and Shinnie is a great prospect.

edinburghhibee
25-11-2012, 11:49 PM
The young lad mccardle from Dunfermline always impressed me when I saw them play against us or on telly. Swings some great balls into the box and scores his fair share too.

Jon daly I can't see utd paying more than us in wages and is a handful up top. He's also decent cover at the back too. not sure if he would be interested though.

Humphrey from Motherwell lightning speed and sets up plenty as well as scores.

The young killie player Johnston looked some prospect when he played us at er, tricky and decent crosser (in that game anyway, not seen him play since).

Darren Randolph smashing keeper makes great saves regularly and loves to flying kick jambos in mid flight.

Tin hat on for the last one but.... Grainger is another one solid full back and chips in with assists and goals now and again.

Hibeesmad
25-11-2012, 11:56 PM
James Dayton

Squealing pig
26-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Richie foran and a decent winger

Graham Law
26-11-2012, 02:04 AM
From OZ player there are 2 players that will without doubt get moves to European clubs and would smash it at hibs.

Tomas Rogic (attacking midfielder) He is at Central Coast Mariners and recently got his first Australian international cap in a friendly ... Only turning 20 had over 20 a-League games - watch this boys career !!

James Virgilli (Right sided attacking midfielder) He is at Newcastle jets and although yet to be capped at international level (its a matter of time). Again only 20 with over 20 A-League games already and will have a good career if progression continues.

Sweet Left Peg
26-11-2012, 06:23 AM
Vigurs from Ross County.

Speedway
26-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Kevin Ellison from Morecambe but we won't because he's too old and Izale MacLeod who plays on a non contract basis for Portsmouth.

Speedway
26-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Also Derek Riordan since no one has mentioned him and he saves all his goals for when he players for Hibs.

jodjam
26-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Nicky Law, Andrew Shinnie and Manny Piscali.

I think law is a cracking player. Played a blinder against us couple times last year. All about opinions tho as my mate follows well home & away and thinks he's average at best

number9dream
26-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Aaron Doran at ICT is a very tidy player but he has been a bit injury prone.

Murray Davidson and Kenny McLean will go down south for bigger wages and I take it the Fallon shout was a joke...

ivan03
26-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Paddy McCourt would be a class signing for us, dunno why this isnt considered, even on loan until the end of the season, hes barely had a run out with the hoops all season!

truehibernian
26-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Paddy McCourt would be a class signing for us, dunno why this isnt considered, even on loan until the end of the season, hes barely had a run out with the hoops all season!

Agreed, terrific player, but Lennon has always rated him and I suppose when you are still in four competitions he'll be reluctant to let a talented squad player go, especially to a rival side - the league is turning into a struggle for Celtic so I'd say far less chance now.

Was superb second half for N Ireland in the recent qualifier albeit weak opposition - didn't waste a ball and terrific entertainer.

Fergus52
26-11-2012, 02:46 PM
The young lad mccardle from Dunfermline always impressed me when I saw them play against us or on telly. Swings some great balls into the box and scores his fair share too.

Jon daly I can't see utd paying more than us in wages and is a handful up top. He's also decent cover at the back too. not sure if he would be interested though.

The young killie player Johnston looked some prospect when he played us at er, tricky and decent crosser (in that game anyway, not seen him play since).

Darren Randolph smashing keeper makes great saves regularly and loves to flying kick jambos in mid flight.

Tin hat on for the last one but.... Grainger is another one solid full back and chips in with assists and goals now and again.

All these players will be pretty high earners at their own clubs and would also demand fees if we were to go for them in January.

Unfortunately, hibs don't have that cash to throw around.

1875HFC
26-11-2012, 02:48 PM
The wee lad Fraser from Aberdeen on the wing.

Fast and runs at defenders

southsider
26-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Jamie Murphy from 'well who is out of contract in the summer, as is most of their first team. Would take Higden too.

Franck Stanton
26-11-2012, 03:07 PM
The wee lad Fraser from Aberdeen on the wing.

Fast and runs at defenders

Agreed, he is a really good player. just exactly why we wont get him - don't have the cash to buy him - op asked for realistic targets and I'm afraid this one isn't.

.Sean.
26-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Boy Perez Killie found, Andy Shinnie, Shaun Dillon, there are loads of players in the SPL we could realistically sign that would improve us. Clancy is the perfect example.

Hibee87
26-11-2012, 03:22 PM
would need to see him again to decide but that young lad pepper from ICT lookes to be a good prospect. Quick and looked to have a good bit of skill on him when they played us at e.r a few month back

SteveHFC
26-11-2012, 03:22 PM

Daly, Humphrey and Randolph are all out of contract at the end of the season :cb

brog
26-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Jamie Murphy from 'well who is out of contract in the summer, as is most of their first team. Would take Higden too.

Agreed re Murphy, I think there's a touch of class there. Not a Higdon fan tho & I sUspect he would not be a fans favourite. Also worth a punt on lad Clark at Q of S even if he is Sandy's boy.

Cocaine&Caviar
26-11-2012, 03:50 PM
McGivern, McCourt, Claros, Daly, Griffiths & Miller.

LeighLoyal
26-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Griffiths to stay, whatever it takes Petrie!

Treadstone
26-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Tom Hateley , 'well right back . Dependable and solid real percentage player. This is possibly becoming a problem position for us.

NOLA
26-11-2012, 05:18 PM
David goodwullie, stevie hammel, paddy mcCourt, ryan mcGowan

GGTTH07
26-11-2012, 05:20 PM
David goodwullie, stevie hammel, paddy mcCourt, ryan mcGowan

Ryan McGowan is a vermin git. No hibs class.

Fergus52
26-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Tom Hateley , 'well right back . Dependable and solid real percentage player. This is possibly becoming a problem position for us.

Not Clancy's biggest fan then? :rolleyes:

but I agree he'd be a good signing as he can play well at CM too.

brog
26-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Agreed re Murphy, I think there's a touch of class there. Not a Higdon fan tho & I sUspect he would not be a fans favourite. Also worth a punt on lad Clark at Q of S even if he is Sandy's boy.

Believe he may be already on our radar, hope so!

Moon unit
26-11-2012, 07:17 PM
:thumbsup:Spot on !
Claros, griffiths, McGivern, Riley, McCourt, miller

erin go bragh
26-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Ive got mates that go to darkheed ,they would pay us to take Paddy McCourt ,they hate him with a passion .
Id love to see him at ER .
Think the laddie Harris we already have ,will be a star for us .imo .

ggtth

SMAXXA
26-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I quite like Pasquali from Killi, doesnt take no ***** and a decent CH IMO

yeezus.
26-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Paul McGowan from St. Mirren :pray:

CalgaryHibs
26-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Start with McGowan from st mirren and the lad Riley from Dundee are two if love to see

Have to agree with some of the names like young Riley of Dundee fc, Higdon of Well but I would like to see Scott Brown come back ( this will ruffle a few feathers) and a lone deal for Gerard from FCBarcelona B.

Jaz
26-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Gary Harkins from Kilmarnock.

AlbertK86
26-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Priorities in Order

Griffiths
McGivern
Claros

Wish list in order

McGowan (St Midden)
McCourt
Miller
Murphy

Need to move on

Scott
Sproule
Kujabi
Kuqi
Galbraith

and if we need to fund all of the above

Stevenson

Also - if decent money is offered for Spoon or Hanlon I would bite the hands off

Realistically I think if we can sign up Leigh, extend Claros and McGivern and get in a winger like McGowan, McCourt or Murphy I'll be more than happy.

I have been suggesting McGowan and McCourt for the last 3 transfer windows.

McCourt should be looking at his wee NI pal Niall McGinn and see that he is playing and scoring regularly.

Think he could be a massive player for us if he would make the break from the Tic

hungryhibs
26-11-2012, 09:26 PM
kris doolan from Patrick thistle Gary miller from st Johnston also get leigh on a 3 year deal and claros and deegen on new deals as they are good in the middle of park to geather :thumbsup:

shetlandhibee
26-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Williams

Clancy--mcpake--McGivern--stevenson

Wotherspoon--claros---------deegan--cairney

-----------giffiths--miller---------------
subs

Murdoch
doyle
McCourt
caldwell
handling
stanton

gegs70
26-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Quite like Davidson from Saint Johnstone .... but think hes outwith our budget now! But a few decent nmames mentioned mcgowan, mccourt, murphy, mcginn.

King Paddy
26-11-2012, 11:10 PM
James Dayton Killie, Doug Imrie St. Mirrin. Hasslebank St. Jonstone

HibeeBigFly
26-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Have to agree with some of the names like young Riley of Dundee fc, Higdon of Well but I would like to see Scott Brown come back ( this will ruffle a few feathers) and a lone deal for Gerard from FCBarcelona B.

Gerard delofeu is the next big thing waiting to come out of la masia. Only 17 and already played for barca! Saw him play last season in a b game and he is already on another level, huge future. Not even an arsenal or liverpool could get him on loan!

Bleeds green
27-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Jamie murphy defo career seems to have stalled a little but an undoubted talent and goal scorer can play middle or out wide, another I'd love to see at ER is Murray Davidson although that may be a tad unrealistic as his admirers seem to be from afar

New user first post oo to be a......

jodjam
27-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Williams

Clancy--mcpake--McGivern--stevenson

Wotherspoon--claros---------deegan--cairney

-----------giffiths--miller---------------
subs

Murdoch
doyle
McCourt
caldwell
handling
stanton

I'm a Paul Hanlon fan but i realise its all about opinions, but i find it strange he's not even on the bench.

Do you realise you have no defenders on your bench?

number9dream
27-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Oh dear. Jamie Murphy is talking up his lifelong wish to play for Rangers and is considering dropping down the divisions when his contract is up at the end of the season to realise his boyhood dream.

archiebald
27-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Jim goodwin

Leishy1995
27-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Jim goodwin

ST Mirren fan from college rates him below players we've had in recent times.

Aldo
27-11-2012, 05:27 PM
I think law is a cracking player. Played a blinder against us couple times last year. All about opinions tho as my mate follows well home & away and thinks he's average at best

Sure we had a bid turned down for Law in the summer. Would be an excellent addition to team

keep the faith
27-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Oh dear. Jamie Murphy is talking up his lifelong wish to play for Rangers and is considering dropping down the divisions when his contract is up at the end of the season to realise his boyhood dream.

Are they not barred from signing players for the next 2 windows?

Leishy1995
27-11-2012, 06:20 PM

To be fair, the Scottish powers that be will let them off with it until September 1st 2013 then the same again till next year.

1987green
27-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Goodwillie, McCourt and two from 1st div Stephan Scoughall and Paul Watson both Livi.

Empty Kujabi,Kugi,Sproule and Scott

FromTheCapital
27-11-2012, 08:08 PM
IN : Griffiths, Claros, McGivern, Riley, McCourt.

OUT : Kuqi, Sproule, Kujabi, Galbraith, Scott.

Hibs07p
27-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Yes. but if he was to become a free agent after being tapped up, he could sign when the window was closed at the end of August 2013. I'm not suggesting Rangers would consider such an underhand way of conducting their business, but you never know. :wink:

GGTTH

hfc rd
27-11-2012, 09:09 PM
McGivern, Claros, Griffiths, Pascali, Higdon, Law & McCourt.

Empty - Kuqi, Sproule, Kujabi, Galbraith, Scott,

vanNISHtelroy
27-11-2012, 09:29 PM
I quite like Pasquali from Killi, doesnt take no ***** and a decent CH IMO

Pascali is a difficult one, hard to tell if hes a centre half or a defensive midfielder....JJ, Mixu and Shiels have had differing opinions and hes not perfect in either tbh. Think he is more a defensive mid player, a defense with him lacks pace. Hes going back to Italy at end of current contract as far as I know so his son can start school there, so if you signed him in this window you'd have him for two and a half years!

Gary Harkins from Kilmarnock.

A very talented player but can be very frustrating to watch...if he had some pace to go with the skill he wouldn't be in the SPL.

A very skillful player, although not seen amazing amount of him...apparently thought of as a brighter prospect than Matty Kennedy who signed for Everton in the last window.

snooky
27-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Any player in the mould of Alan Gordon - class in the air, class on the carpet.
Sparky would have a field day playing with the likes of Tosh in his Tornados form.

shetlandhibee
27-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm a Paul Hanlon fan but i realise its all about opinions, but i find it strange he's not even on the bench.

Do you realise you have no defenders on your bench?

Woops was meant to stick him on the bench?:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
27-11-2012, 11:23 PM
McCourt is an injury prone luxury, surprised so many people want him here, done nothing in 10 games for Celtic this season.

keep the faith
28-11-2012, 09:16 AM
The problem here is the "outs" most people agree on. The only way i can see these guy going is if we pay them off and that will impact on money to bring in new guys. Is Martin Scott even getting a game for Ross? We might even be landed with him back!

Speedway
28-11-2012, 09:22 AM
The problem here is the "outs" most people agree on. The only way i can see these guy going is if we pay them off and that will impact on money to bring in new guys. Is Martin Scott even getting a game for Ross? We might even be landed with him back!

The Livingston Pele, Martin Scott, signed a 3.5 year deal with us 2.0 years ago. Unless we pay him off, County will need to stump up.

Kujabi has six months left, very feasible he could go.

Galbraith is training with the pars, he'll be off.

Sproule will be punted if possible.

Kuqi, think he'll stay.

This January will cost us to get rid just to cost us to add. Where's the cash coming from?

Pedantic_Hibee
28-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I've just made a trifle, Speeders? Yours for £250k.