PDA

View Full Version : bbc TV Highlights Hibs v Aberdeen

PatHead
25-11-2012, 07:57 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20486960#asset

Still can't believe we lost. Hadn't realised Maybury knocked it straight in path of McGinn for the goal. (Was in FF)

Mr White
25-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Not surprised the bbc didn't show fallons assault on mcgivern but they should really, especially as I think they showed the resultant freekick.

JollyGreenGiant
25-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Gutted watching they highlights - Williams didn't have to make a save all day.

Don't know how we didn't get something from the game :confused:

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Just watched the highlights on the telly. I would like to see Caldwell get more match time as he looks pretty dangerous when he gets the ball.

greenginger
25-11-2012, 11:08 PM
BBC match stats says Hibs - 3 shots on target.

BBC match highlights show 6 Hibs shots on target ! Are they just dim or is there an agenda. :confused:

monktonharp
25-11-2012, 11:26 PM

BBC match highlights show 6 Hibs shots on target ! Are they just dim or is there an agenda. :confused: what you saying? 3 shots or 6? that wee clip I saw, looks as if the dons were always in the game????? I was there, and it very much looked as if we should have taken the points imho.therewere a lot more attempts at goal, than posted or am I slightly biased? the dons were so very lucky. paw broon must feel so proud of his boys,and the ref ,as that cant up front, got away with murder in the second half

R'Albin
26-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Did anyone see Sportscene then? Apparently that Dundee player couldn't play because he had an inflamed groin :tee hee:

basehibby
26-11-2012, 12:37 AM

BBC match highlights show 6 Hibs shots on target ! Are they just dim or is there an agenda. :confused:

Just think they simply don't care TBH - the 3 shots on target is probably from the 1st half and they forgot to update it.

Re the highlights - pretty much as I remembered it - we were by far the dominant team but lady luck just wasn't with us on Sat. Was Maybury unlucky or just too slow to react at the sheep's goal? A bit of both probably but wouldn't have mattered if Langfield hadn't had such a good day between the sticks.

Sweet Left Peg
26-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Just think they simply don't care TBH - the 3 shots on target is probably from the 1st half and they forgot to update it.

Re the highlights - pretty much as I remembered it - we were by far the dominant team but lady luck just wasn't with us on Sat. Was Maybury unlucky or just too slow to react at the sheep's goal? A bit of both probably but wouldn't have mattered if Langfield hadn't had such a good day between the sticks.

Maybury was indecisive for a split second. Didn't know if he should control it or clear it first time. Knocked it into the path of McGinn who has run from deep. His late run into the box gave him the momentum to easily beat the other defenders and score. Williams had no chance really. Hibs could do with some Pat McGinley style late bursts into the box these days.

Matty_Jack04
26-11-2012, 06:27 AM
McPake wasn't a happy bunny last night after craigans one man team comments, could the seeming bbc anti hibs attitude be reaching the squad

PeeJay
26-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Maybury was indecisive for a split second. Didn't know if he should control it or clear it first time. Knocked it into the path of McGinn who has run from deep. His late run into the box gave him the momentum to easily beat the other defenders and score. Williams had no chance really. Hibs could do with some Pat McGinley style late bursts into the box these days.

Maybury's getting some stick for his mistake, yet it seemed to me that Wotherspoon picked up McGuinn all the way back to the penalty area and then seemed unable to keep pace with him when it actually mattered - in the box. Too many people "switch off" for some reason when we are defending ...

vanNISHtelroy
26-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Not surprised the bbc didn't show fallons assault on mcgivern but they should really, especially as I think they showed the resultant freekick.

They also didn't show that St Johnstone should have had a penalty against us from the look of it and their striker got booked for diving, or that it looked like the freekick that we got our goal from was awarded for Racchi falling over the ball!

DaveF
26-11-2012, 08:43 AM
They also didn't show that St Johnstone should have had a penalty against us from the look of it and their striker got booked for diving, or that it looked like the freekick that we got our goal from was awarded for Racchi falling over the ball!

More importantly, did Kenny Shiels notice these incidents :na na:

vanNISHtelroy
26-11-2012, 08:54 AM

Don't know! But I still don't think Pasca should have been sent off, think it was a yellow at most and then the fourth official (Hugh Dallas' son) saw the chance to get involved. Think the commentator agreed it was harsh on him but then the two "experts" disagreed. But then again the two experts argued that Cammy Bell's red card was justified and that the keeper didn't have to touch him for it to be a foul/red card (wtf?) and that got overturned not even reduced to a yellow.

hibsbollah
26-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Its obvious that sportscene have just stopped showing contentious decisions in 90% of cases this season. Whether this is because of fear of offending the teams involved or they just cant be bothered anymore i dont know. Which makes Steven Thompsons outrageous accusation against Spoony a few weeks ago stand out. Whichever, it makes an already bland programme even worse.

number9dream
26-11-2012, 09:08 AM

The stats for Beeb, Sky and all the papers will come directly from the Press Association but it looks like the geezer at Easter Road dozed off at half-time.
I was screaming for a penalty for handball at the end but it looks like it hit his chest after all.

brog
26-11-2012, 09:16 AM
It's not just the BBC, compare Sky/ESPN coverage of our football vs the Premiership. They continually skip past contentious moments in SPL whereas Prem is analysed to death. IMO this comes from our administrators rather than TV companies. Their old fashioned attitudes always compromise freedom of speech & information whether its in broadcasters being inhibited or in defence of the ridiculous (lack of) appeal process for yellow cards. PS, has the Compliance Officer retired?

Golden Bear
26-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Its obvious that sportscene have just stopped showing contentious decisions in 90% of cases this season. Whether this is because of fear of offending the teams involved or they just cant be bothered anymore i dont know. Which makes Steven Thompsons outrageous accusation against Spoony a few weeks ago stand out. Whichever, it makes an already bland programme even worse.

:agree:

If they didn't get their fingers burnt last season for selectively highlighting the Leigh Griffiths gesturing incidents then they should have. I think I'm getting paranoid over BBC Scotland's apparent dislike of all things Hibernian but if I have, my paranoia has been well founded over the last 18 months or so.

matty_f
26-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Craigan hates the Hibs, he seems absolutely unable to give us any credit. Also got peed off about the notion that Aberdeen stopped Griffiths playing, if they'd done that he'd not have had any shots on goal, but he was firing them in left, right and centre.

vanNISHtelroy
26-11-2012, 09:35 AM

If they didn't get their fingers burnt last season for selectively highlighting the Leigh Griffiths gesturing incidents then they should have. I think I'm getting paranoid over BBC Scotland's apparent dislike of all things Hibernian but if I have, my paranoia has been well founded over the last 18 months or so.

When I was at the game on Saturday at RP, I said to the guy along from me (after both goals) Griffiths would have been booked for that. They ran to the Killie fans after both goals (surprise, surprise the highlights didn't show it that well) and weren't even spoken to about it and the second one, after he got called away by ref he went back cupping his ears because he was getting stuff shouted at him...but that was fine too!

Golden Bear
26-11-2012, 09:41 AM
When I was at the game on Saturday at RP, I said to the guy along from me (after both goals) Griffiths would have been booked for that. They ran to the Killie fans after both goals (surprise, surprise the highlights didn't show it that well) and weren't even spoken to about it and the second one, after he got called away by ref he went back cupping his ears because he was getting stuff shouted at him...but that was fine too!

Griffiths was also lucky to escape a booking on Saturday when he petulantly kicked the ball against the advertising boards but these are separate issues from the BBC's editing of the games.

kentao
26-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Cant believe we didn't get the 3 points. Aberdeen were gash from the highlights. Sparky looked to be running the show and unlucky not to have had a hat-trick. Just one of they days.

JimBHibees
26-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Craigan hates the Hibs, he seems absolutely unable to give us any credit. Also got peed off about the notion that Aberdeen stopped Griffiths playing, if they'd done that he'd not have had any shots on goal, but he was firing them in left, right and centre.

Yep a spell just after half time he was running riot. Think he tired near the end but no way was he stopped playing.

Mr White
26-11-2012, 10:25 AM

judging by this picture of him after the game he wasn't happy with the fourth officials performance at all.http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120327004336/mrmen/images/a/a0/MrMean.gif

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Sheep were mighty lucky as all have said, what a brilliant player LG is and we must ensure that we get him signed up, a penalty all day long at the end but I have a feeling watching it up close that the ref played advantage..

We need that sheep type luck..:wink:

hibsbollah
26-11-2012, 03:17 PM

I am usually dismissive of paranoid talk of the media having an 'agenda' against certain teams, thinking its something that the yams/Celtc go in for, but I'm definitely starting to wonder...

Tricla
26-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Craigan is a bitter c_nt and his punditry is awful.

ancient hibee
26-11-2012, 08:04 PM

:top marksUsually watch Sportscene with the sound off but listened in last night.Craigan is going to fit in well.Followed the Craig Brown line of what a wonderful player Russell Anderson is?This must be a different Anderson to the one who got absolutely roasted on Saturday and had his face saved by a goalie who will not play like that again this season.Craigan also did not have the guts to agree that Randolph deliberately clattered Paterson and should have been sent off.

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2012, 08:27 PM
still cant make up my mind about that goal, maybury looks like he was caught wrong-footed, thinking the ball was gonna get crossed on his right hand side

Sas_The_Hibby
26-11-2012, 09:09 PM

Yes, I thought that.

It was also bizarre that Aberdeen seemed to be getting all the credit, whilst Hibs are apparently a one-man team because Griffiths was getting in most of the shots at goal. Kind of ignored the fact that the Dons only had one shot on target from the ENTIRE TEAM.

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Craigan is a bitter c_nt and his punditry is awful.

He reminds me of this guy.

http://www.u.tv/articles/article.aspx?cat=Entertainment&guid=b9701d33-c4d2-4375-ac5a-81195e753f00

You'll have to wait until after the advertisement of course.