PDA

View Full Version : january transfer window

WheresTheBevvy?
25-11-2012, 04:25 PM
With the state of the economy and Scottish football do you think many SPL or SFL clubs will pay money for players in the upcoming transfer window?

Is £150,000 to much money for for a gifted player?

Also if we lose out on Leigh would you hold Rodders responsible for our potential drop in league position?

:xsmilesign

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Maybe Garry Twigg is coming in at last? :wink:

WheresTheBevvy?
25-11-2012, 04:32 PM
but will we pay for him? will we wait until the end of the month like normal?

with the games we have in January we need to get business ASAP

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2012, 04:39 PM

I think there's money in the trunk for Twigg?

WheresTheBevvy?
25-11-2012, 04:41 PM
more than 150,000.... think we would all rather have griffths or maybe its just me

One Day
25-11-2012, 04:47 PM

If we are serious about signing griffiths then it has to ASAP

marinello59
25-11-2012, 04:52 PM

I'll give you the answer you want. The board won't bother trying to sign him at all because they actually hate Hibs. FACT.

WheresTheBevvy?
25-11-2012, 04:53 PM
yes i agree if we miss out on him its a disgrace and Radders will be under pressure.

but then he will do the usual 3-4 free's on the last day or two of the season.

leither17
25-11-2012, 04:56 PM
I'll give you the answer you want. The board won't bother trying to sign him at all because they actually hate Hibs. FACT.

I knew it

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2012, 04:57 PM

yes i agree if we miss out on him its a disgrace and Radders will be under pressure.

:faf:

WheresTheBevvy?
25-11-2012, 05:02 PM
If we are serious about signing griffiths then it has to ASAP

fixed it :aok:

lord bunberry
25-11-2012, 05:06 PM
I think there's money in the trunk for Twigg?

Leave it out mate

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Leave it out mate

I'm only passing on what i heard somebody say in the royal oak pub?

Ozyhibby
25-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Much a I would love us to sign Griffiths, we should only do so if we can afford it.
Given that the club have already had talks and are not ruling it out gives some hope that we are not far away on a deal.
We really need to strengthen our defence in January.
Our Pink skint chums have a decent defence and are desperate to offload players. Perhaps the neighbourly thing to do would be to help them out in this regard.

nonshinyfinish
25-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Wages will be the problem, not the fee.

lucky
25-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I thought he was on £9k at wolves which seems very high. But if its even half of that its too much for Hibs

cocopops1875
25-11-2012, 05:46 PM
When you consider what he was/would be on at Dundee there is no reason whatsoever that Wolves would have went as high as that on an unproven player. I would guess at 4 grand a week however he has every right to expect at least that now

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Still being in the cup and still being at the business end of the league in January is going have a bigger impact than anything else.

danhibees1875
25-11-2012, 05:59 PM
When you consider what he was/would be on at Dundee there is no reason whatsoever that Wolves would have went as high as that on an unproven player. I would guess at 4 grand a week however he has every right to expect at least that now

I agree that it would be a lot to spend on a player but surely £150,000 + £4k/week for 2 years = £566,000.

Offer a 4 year contract and agree to not stand in his way if and when a good bid comes in from England - the lad will be worth £3m easily in 2 years time. :agree:

We'd be spending part of that £566k on an extra player anyway, so it's not even the net cost of Griffiths.

Paisley Hibby
25-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Wages will be the problem, not the fee.

Exactly!! :agree:

lord bunberry
25-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm only passing on what i heard somebody say in the royal oak pub?

Tbh i think your barking up the wrong tree

lyonhibs
25-11-2012, 09:14 PM

We've got a live one!!!!

It's no secret that for Hibs to pay for Leigh in the current climate/strategy of the board. more people have to turn up to the stadium and buy match tickets. That's not to say they should have to or feel "less" of a fan if they don't, but if home attendances don't get up towards 12,000 over Xmas, Leigh will most likely not be staying on beyond January.

WheresTheBevvy?
26-11-2012, 01:46 PM
We've got a live one!!!!

It's no secret that for Hibs to pay for Leigh in the current climate/strategy of the board. more people have to turn up to the stadium and buy match tickets. That's not to say they should have to or feel "less" of a fan if they don't, but if home attendances don't get up towards 12,000 over Xmas, Leigh will most likely not be staying on beyond January.

and if we miss out on him, sign some 53 year old on a free untill the end of the season that will attract more fans....

Hibs7
26-11-2012, 01:57 PM
I think the cup game result will have a major effect on attendance and half season tickets,

WIN and there is every chance we can manage to keep Griffiths, Claros and McGivern ...... lose and the gates will drop again, not many supporters will take losing to that mob twice in the one year in the Scottish Cup, by far the biggest game of the season. I hope for Hibs Fc that we win and by a few goals.

J-C
26-11-2012, 03:24 PM
I thought he was on £9k at wolves which seems very high. But if its even half of that its too much for Hibs

Not what I was told, his wages there are well within our budget and that's from a very good source.

East Coast Hibe
26-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Not what I was told, his wages there are well within our budget and that's from a very good source.

He is on somewhere just under half of that - and that's from a very good source ! (stlll way outwith what Hibs will pay)

Franck Stanton
26-11-2012, 04:15 PM
I think the cup game result will have a major effect on attendance and half season tickets,

WIN and there is every chance we can manage to keep Griffiths, Claros and McGivern ...... lose and the gates will drop again, not many supporters will take losing to that mob twice in the one year in the Scottish Cup, by far the biggest game of the season. I hope for Hibs Fc that we win and by a few goals.

No worries mate, we will win this one, maybe even by a score of 5-1 , now that would be great eh, would work it right up 'em. Anyway, a win for Hibs is almost guaranteed , never have I felt so confident about beating that manky mob of in-breds as I do just now.

Oh and for all you yams looking in --"Hectors gonna get you "