PDA

View Full Version : NHC Lennon threatening to quit Celtic...............................

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 02:31 PM
...........................after confrontation with the greatest fans in the world at full time yesterday.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/180792.html#

hibee92
25-11-2012, 03:41 PM
What a child.

on-the-level
25-11-2012, 03:44 PM
:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

DAVE1875
25-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I thought they were all Neil Lennon :confused:

Keith_M
25-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Misleading headline, he didn't threaten to quit.

If you read the article, he certainly got annoyed by the criticism from fans and said,

"Look, if they are not happy with what I am doing and they want me to go, I will,"

Hardly the same thing as threatening to quit.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Nothing really new in a story like this about a manager and fans not seeing eye to eye. Happens at every club no matter how big or how small. The only aspect that gives this a proper context is that the self posturing of Celtc fans and those in charge is always pointed to the fact that they are not like other clubs. They are better than everyone else and antics like this are beneath them.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I listened to this interview on sportsound yesterday, he did not threaten to quit.

Pete
25-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I hope he stays for a long time.

Keith_M
25-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I hope he stays for a long time.

Me anaw.

Phil MaGlass
26-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Dunno what the best fans in the world are complaining about, once they are eventually papped out of Europe sellik will be back to their winning ways, wish these knuts would shut the f up. I would give my right arm for Hibs to be in their position.
If anything it should be Hibs fans going mental at PF for losing 2 games that would have put us 5 points above sellik, but were quite happy just to see us at the right end of the table.

yeezus.
26-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Septic fans turn up when it suits them - I think they got about 14,000 for the Raith Rovers game in the League Cup.

LeighLoyal
26-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Some jakie fan had a go at him and he reacted in kind. Yeah, we are all Neil Lennon, until he loses to ICT at home. :greengrin

http://nfs.stvfiles.com/imagebase/170/410x230/170195-celtic-manager-neil-lennon-left-has-a-word-with-a-celtic-fan.jpg

Stevie Reid
26-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Can understand his frustration, I appreciate that football is indeed a funny old game, but even with that in mind I honestly thought that Celtic would be utterly humiliated in that CL group - their worst league results have come after their exploits in Europe, and you would think that their "great" supporters would understand.

'The Best Fans in the World' nonsense has always been utterly tiresome, even the ITV commentator for their Benfica game last week was giving it "there's no group of fans quite like them" when they scored. How the **** would he know? They certainly weren't the best supporters in the world when they were getting 14,000 at Parkhead in the early 90s and Derek Stillie was getting death threats etc.

Just like the fact that they have a large element of idiots in their support doesn't mean they can all be all tarred with the same brush, there is no way that Celtic can possibly be lauded as having a particularly special support.