PDA

View Full Version : Big Team eh??

weonlywon6-2
25-11-2012, 10:56 AM
From the BBC website

Hearts goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald puts his club's small travelling support at Fir Park on Saturday down to the money the supporters have spent in recent weeks trying to save the club. (Sunday Mail) :bye:

we`ll support you ever more, (in small numbers)

Hermit Crab
25-11-2012, 11:28 AM
From the BBC website

Hearts goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald puts his club's small travelling support at Fir Park on Saturday down to the money the supporters have spent in recent weeks trying to save the club. (Sunday Mail) :bye:

I'd put it down to the game being live on tv

cocopops1875
25-11-2012, 11:31 AM
From the BBC website

To be fair to that Minging Mob if we were pumping in every penny (including our kids Christmas present money) to try and save our club a £40-50 away day thats on TV really shouldnt be a priority :agree:

bingo70
25-11-2012, 11:38 AM

To be fair to that Minging Mob if we were pumping in every penny (including our kids Christmas present money) to try and save our club a £40-50 away day thats on TV really shouldnt be a priority :agree:

I get both these factors, however i'd say the biggest over riding reason is that they're just not as big a club as they think they are.

This big team thing started as a wind up and fair play to them, it's a good one because it's stuck but IMO the reality is that when we're playing better than them we'll get bigger supports than them and when they're pish and not getting good results there crowds will drop dramatically like ours did last season.

Hibs and Hearts are identical sized clubs IMO and neither are likely to take big away supports to a game that's on the tele when they're down the bottom end of the league.

Franck Stanton
25-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I get both these factors, however i'd say the biggest over riding reason is that they're just not as big a club as they think they are.

This big team thing started as a wind up and fair play to them, it's a good one because it's stuck but IMO the reality is that when we're playing better than them we'll get bigger supports than them and when they're pish and not getting good results there crowds will drop dramatically like ours did last season.

Hibs and Hearts are identical sized clubs IMO and neither are likely to take big away supports to a game that's on the tele when they're down the bottom end of the league.

Hmmmmmm, whilst I agree with the rest of your post, struggle to agree with bit in bold, [unfortunately]. Seems to me that they have, traditionally had a larger crowd than us - at home games anyway, and think they also shade it on fan-base. Still doesn't make them a better team/club than we are [and never will be], just think they have slightly more fans.

Barney McGrew
25-11-2012, 12:17 PM

So was the Motherwell Hibs game a few weeks back but we took through a good sized support.

Their travelling support has been pretty poor recently in comparison to us.

bingo70
25-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Take back my earlier comments, see hearts are having a family fun day today with Bouncy castle etc to help them stay in business past December.

A truly giant club

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Sky Sports News understands that the Yams small travelling support at Fir Park on Saturday is due to them being gash.

FACT.

greenginger
25-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Hmmmmmm, whilst I agree with the rest of your post, struggle to agree with bit in bold, [unfortunately]. Seems to me that they have, traditionally had a larger crowd than us - at home games anyway, and think they also shade it on fan-base. Still doesn't make them a better team/club than we are [and never will be], just think they have slightly more fans.

Dos'nt seem to square with the evidence of the clubs latest comparable figures.

For season 2010 - 2011

Hibernian Turnover ( excluding player sales ) £7,031,000

Yams Turnover ( " " " ) £6,915,000

I think you have been brainwashed by the Big Club propaganda ! :greengrin

matty_f
25-11-2012, 01:26 PM
See a photo of a babestation 'star' doing 1-5 with her hands is doing the rounds.

Fannies could have put the cost of the call towards keeping their club in existence.

Wheat Hound
25-11-2012, 01:30 PM
See a photo of a babestation 'star' doing 1-5 with her hands is doing the rounds.

Fannies could have put the cost of the call towards keeping their club in existence.

Another yambolino ready for a pumping? =-O

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 01:38 PM

He was probably only asking her what age she was. :wink:

joe breezy
25-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I was pretty skint yesterday due to payday falling next week plus keeping money for Xmas so some truth in that financial argument - maybe explains Hibs low turnout yesterday too, we'll get much better crowds at Xmas I think

cocopops1875
25-11-2012, 01:45 PM
He was probably only asking her what age she was. :wink:

The next picture would have Rix and his Apprentice Frothing

Frazerbob
25-11-2012, 01:51 PM

As much as I despise them and their despicable club, that is actually pretty funny.

cocopops1875
25-11-2012, 01:55 PM
As much as I despise them and their despicable club, that is actually pretty funny.

And She is well above the age of consent which shows a massive amount of personel and moral growth for the mutants :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
25-11-2012, 03:00 PM
The Maroon Army.

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 03:09 PM
The Maroon Army.

Is it half time and the other 399,900 are queuing for a pie or a pee?

Keith_M
25-11-2012, 03:09 PM
The Maroon Army.

Wow, I wonder if they managed to fill the bus.

frazeHFC
25-11-2012, 03:12 PM
The Maroon Army.

That is woeful!!!

Our game was on tele too (and at night) and we took 1600 odd.

One Day
25-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Take back my earlier comments, see hearts are having a family fun day today with Bouncy castle etc to help them stay in business past December.

A truly giant club

Dont forget the face painting

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 03:15 PM
That is woeful!!!

Our game was on tele too (and at night) and we took 1600 odd.

Plus it was baltic that night.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Dont forget the face painting

The Tombola is the one that I like the best :agree:

What about a whist drive?, think that's the only thing they've missed out on...:rolleyes:

NewHibby
25-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Big team big cup....big team bankrupt!!!!

we`ll support you ever more, (in small numbers)[/QUOTE]

Hibs Class
25-11-2012, 06:04 PM
The Maroon Army.

Fair play to them - at least they disguise themselves as maroon seats. Hearts class.

dchibs
25-11-2012, 08:10 PM

MINI BUS:wink:

hibs0666
25-11-2012, 08:15 PM
You guys have no clue whatsoever. Do you not realise the price of a jam scone and a strip of raffle tickets these days?

Diclonius
25-11-2012, 08:19 PM
The Maroon Army.

That's hilarious.

Glory Lurker
25-11-2012, 08:20 PM
The Maroon Army.

Someone at Fir Park's going to get it tight for opening the top tier.

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 08:23 PM

With what? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 08:27 PM
To think we had more people not going to the AFC Wimbledon v MK Dons match and that was a much longer commute not to travel.

Big team my R's