PDA

View Full Version : Fallon's elbow challenge on McGivern

FromTheCapital
25-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I know everything from yesterday is gone but I don't know how the referee see it as a Sheep free-kick?
I was sitting in the West Stand Lower right next to it and it's clearly a Hibs free-kick...
Anyone else got any opinions on this? Because, I'm Confused.
:confused:

matty_f
25-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Hibs free kick every day of the week. Fallon should have walked for it.

FromTheCapital
25-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Hibs free kick every day of the week. Fallon should have walked for it.
Exactly.

It's not even as if it is a 50/50 call. I was shocked when I saw his arm pointing towards the Aberdeen end. He went in for more challenges leading with his elbow and the ref let him away with it all game. Fallon should've been off.

:agree:

lucky
25-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I said at the time that Fallon was off but was amazed the ref gave free kick to them.

Golden Bear
25-11-2012, 12:05 PM
One of the most ridiculous decisions ever. Apart from that, I thought the Ref was generally ok.

Hamish
25-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Fallon was sent on by Brown to rumble the Hibs defence up and to an extent he did just that. He also fouled constantly and got away with it.

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2012, 01:23 PM
One of the most ridiculous decisions ever. Apart from that, I thought the Ref was generally ok.

Madden refused to brandish any card, but I felt that one of their players dived in the box, and the elbow incident was baffling....That said another ref might have booked Sparky for kicking ball of the advertising boards due to frustration, but ref had a chat and let it go......

Emerald
25-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Fallon was sent on by Brown to rumble the Hibs defence up and to an extent he did just that. He also fouled constantly and got away with it.

He lead with his elbow everytime he went in for a challenge, no idea how the ref let him away with this. I think that was what Fenlon must have been doing his nut about when the ref went over to speak to him. Fallon is not a footballer, just a thug.

Golden Bear
25-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Madden refused to brandish any card, but I felt that one of their players dived in the box, and the elbow incident was baffling....That said another ref might have booked Sparky for kicking ball of the advertising boards due to frustration, but ref had a chat and let it go......

:agree:

He wasn't one for throwing yellow cards about and that is a refreshing change.

AlbertK86
25-11-2012, 01:26 PM

He would have had a cheek to book Griffiths for that after letting at least 4 of their players away with kicking the ball away after the whistle

hibsbollah
25-11-2012, 01:27 PM
One of the most bizarre decisions ever...otherwise the ref was very good, let the game flow and gave us every 50/50 :greengrin

Devilstorment
25-11-2012, 03:08 PM
every time he jumped for the ball he was in with the elbow/arm. He should have seen a yellow at least for persistent fouling! (and thats a mighty lenient AT LEAST!)

givescotlandfreedom
25-11-2012, 08:30 PM

Hayes took a dive though I thought it was outside the box.

ancient hibee
25-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I thought the ref was generally good but totally wrong about the McGivern incident.Also after Claros was fouled in the first half he gave him a long talking to but the foul to us?

clerriehibs
25-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I thought the ref was generally good but totally wrong about the McGivern incident.Also after Claros was fouled in the first half he gave him a long talking to but the foul to us?

Claros was annoyed at advantage not being played if the ref was taking no action against the player. He waved his hand which looked like either to ask the ref why stop play if no booking or talking to.