PDA

View Full Version : Next Sunday

mcfly
25-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Will mcpake and deegan be fit for this game as this is a must win game for hibs.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who will buy a half season ticket if we go through.

Golden Bear
25-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Will mcpake and deegan be fit for this game as this is a must win game for hibs.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who will buy a half season ticket if we go through.

Deegan no chance but I think Mcpake will play but whether he'll be fully fit is another question.

hibbiedon
25-11-2012, 09:52 AM
James will be fit for wednesday so he will be ok for sunday

bingo70
25-11-2012, 10:00 AM

"must win game for hibs" It's an overused statement but on this occasion i think your right.

Of course if we get beat Hibs will survive but i worry about the future, rightly or wrongly it'll effect half season ticket numbers as the feel good factor from our good start will have gone, this in turn would effect our chances of signing up the loanees we've got and then we're back to square one with a team probably as good as we were last season and the downward spiral could start again.

On the other hand if we were to win it'd give us a real shot in the arm and start to install some belief and pride in the club again and draw a line under that shambles in may. It'd also put the ****ters up hearts at a time when they can least afford that to happen.

That said i don't want to hear bold statements from Fenlon and the players this week, talk is cheap and before every derby recently we've been told it'll be different this time and it never has been. Fenlons record in derbies hasn't been good enough and he needs to improve it so i also don't want to hear rubbish about this being treated as a normal game and 'playing the game, not the occasion'.

He needs to make sure the team are fired up and make sure we get the win, no excuses this time.

SouthamptonHibs
25-11-2012, 10:24 AM
"must win game for hibs" It's an overused statement but on this occasion i think your right.

Of course if we get beat Hibs will survive but i worry about the future, rightly or wrongly it'll effect half season ticket numbers as the feel good factor from our good start will have gone, this in turn would effect our chances of signing up the loanees we've got and then we're back to square one with a team probably as good as we were last season and the downward spiral could start again.

On the other hand if we were to win it'd give us a real shot in the arm and start to install some belief and pride in the club again and draw a line under that shambles in may. It'd also put the ****ters up hearts at a time when they can least afford that to happen.

That said i don't want to hear bold statements from Fenlon and the players this week, talk is cheap and before every derby recently we've been told it'll be different this time and it never has been. Fenlons record in derbies hasn't been good enough and he needs to improve it so i also don't want to hear rubbish about this being treated as a normal game and 'playing the game, not the occasion'.

He needs to make sure the team are fired up and make sure we get the win, no excuses this time.

:top marks

Hibernia Na Eir
25-11-2012, 12:07 PM
you can bet the Schumbos would be delighted with a draw, take more cash and take it back to their cesspit.
Come on the cabbage!!

Franck Stanton
25-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Think you are correct, however, we will win v the Saintys on Wed and win at a canter next Sunday, nae probs, they lot are in for a footballing lesson next Sunday.
Oh and for all you yams looking in - "Hectors gonna get you"

Emerald
25-11-2012, 12:14 PM

I also think its a must win game, at least for the sake of this season, and Mcpake needs to play. We have to strat beating them, another cup defeat six months after the last debacle is quite frankly unthinkable. The players need to sweat blood next week to make sure a win is THE only result they can deliver.

Hibernia Na Eir
25-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Think you are correct, however, we will win v the Saintys on Wed and win at a canter next Sunday, nae probs, they lot are in for a footballing lesson next Sunday.
Oh and for all you yams looking in - "Hectors gonna get you"

I'm loving your Sunday afternoon optimism, however, I think you could just be right :)

Hibernia Na Eir
25-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I also think its a must win game, at least for the sake of this season, and Mcpake needs to play. We have to strat beating them, another cup defeat six months after the last debacle is quite frankly unthinkable. The players need to sweat blood next week to make sure a win is THE only result they can deliver.

I don't think Fenlon or O'Brien will need to do much in the way of teamtalk motivation next Sunday afternoon.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Eight days ago, I think the predictions for next week's match would have been overwhelming with optimism. Hearts struggling and us sitting pretty at the top of the table, just about to kick off against the league's whipping boys.

Fast forward just over a week and we've now lost two games in a row for the first time since last season and now sit in third place, whereas Hearts are now undefeated in their last three matches and are a bit more confident about things after the threat of liquidation has eased off slightly.

Hopefully we can get back to winning ways sooner rather than later and it would be good if that was on Wednesday in Perth so it gives us a bit of confidence ahead of next Sunday. Their fans will be their normal cocky selves going into the game and I'm sure they'll be bringing along their reminders from May.

We just have to make sure that we get on top of them early in the match and try to knock the stuffing out of them.

I would have been more confident if this match had been played about 2 weeks ago but I still think that we have a better first XI than them at the moment and I am still confident that we can beat them.

PS-I think McPake will be back but there's no way we'll see Deegan next week.