PDA

View Full Version : At Last

JohnScott
24-11-2012, 09:32 PM
At last a fact that will keep the "doom-and-gloomers" and "the happy-clappers" equally happy:

Following the midweek games Hibs could wake up on Thursday morning in 6th place or, wait for it, top of the league. Get your head round that!

danhibees1875
24-11-2012, 09:51 PM
The league is certainly tight with just 10points between top and second bottom. Good or bad form from any club can easily see them shoot up the league or fall right down it.

Interesting month ahead for all :agree:

Ozyhibby
24-11-2012, 10:16 PM
It's the in or out the cup that will decide if we are all 'doom and gloom' or 'happy clapping'.

sahib
24-11-2012, 11:52 PM
It's the in or out the cup that will decide if we are all 'doom and gloom' or 'happy clapping'.

I don't get it. Is there any of us left, that hold any hopes of ever winning that accursed cup?

Diclonius
24-11-2012, 11:54 PM

I would take a 5-0 thrashing on Wednesday for a scrappy, *****y 1-0 win in the cup.

CallumLaidlaw
25-11-2012, 12:00 AM
So 2 wins out of 2 and Pat is a legend, our team is amazing, and we'll need to start complaining about catering again. Or, 2 losses and Pat will need sacked, Cairney, claros, griffiths, McPake, Mcgivern are impostors, and Petrie and Farmer should leave immediately.

Devilstorment
25-11-2012, 08:24 AM
I wish i hadnt seen that!!

Come next Monday we could be 6th in the league and out the cup!?!?!? I cant take this kind of pressure

......... On the other hand Top of the League and the taste of revenge (served cold!)?

GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Hoping for a run of results that will make all Hibs fans happy rather than find ways to divide the support when the team needs us the most.:flag:

Hermit Crab
25-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I would take a 5-0 thrashing on Wednesday for a scrappy, *****y 1-0 win in the cup.

Right now I'd take that. We have not played well at all in the last 2 games. StJ are a good team although they scraped past a ten man killie yesterday. Get in about them and we could get a result.

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2012, 12:15 PM
So 2 wins out of 2 and Pat is a legend, our team is amazing, and we'll need to start complaining about catering again. Or, 2 losses and Pat will need sacked, Cairney, claros, griffiths, McPake, Mcgivern are impostors, and Petrie and Farmer should leave immediately.

Yip, the fickleness of football fans....

Cant disagree with PF saying yesterday's defeat was unjust, we were streets ahead, just picked the wrong options in the final third at times....Their goal was fortunate, we just need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and try to win on Wednesday....

I am delighted/amazed at our progress thus far, so for anyone saying PF should be sacked at this stage is nothing short of ludicrous....

Devilstorment
25-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Fenlon, Petrie, Farmer, the wee girl that sells me the pie the must all go!! 2 defeats on the bounce is nothing short of ridiculous!!!

Come on!!! At the start of the season if any of us were told that we would suffer our first home defeat of the season in the last home game in November we would have bitten their arm of for it!

JohnScott
27-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Well thats tonights results in and wins for Well and Inverness means a 2 nil defeat in Perth puts us in 6th.

But were not going to lose. Celtic will draw, Hibs win and we'll be top of the league.

And just to make it interesting I've a £50 charitybet with the Records Chris Roberts, the young so and so who said Hibs would plummet down the league. We go top he pays out. I pay out £10 for every position below that. So Hibs get intae the Saints or I'm going to be well out of pocket as well as Chris being a right smug git!

Tinribs
27-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Not seen any of that tbh, people were/are a bit hyped, but it's all good. Think Pat is doing a steady job, think we need James back...think we all need clarity on LG.

Better than the last few seasons anyway :)

NOLA
27-11-2012, 11:22 PM
At last a fact that will keep the "doom-and-gloomers" and "the happy-clappers" equally happy:

Following the midweek games Hibs could wake up on Thursday morning in 6th place or, wait for it, top of the league. Get your head round that!
if we had won our last 2 games we would be 5 points clear at the top, but we didn't, so aren't. lets hope we get what we deserve in this game, no regrets.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2012, 11:30 PM

Never happen!

(Contrary ******** who switches between H C and D&G.)

Hibercelona
27-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Any less than top 4 and quarter final in at least 1 of the cups should be considered failure each season.

We're a big club in Scotland and its about time we started showing it more often.

Hibercelona
27-11-2012, 11:39 PM
if we had won our last 2 games we would be 5 points clear at the top, but we didn't, so aren't. lets hope we get what we deserve in this game, no regrets.

We'll only deserve to win if we score goals and don't concede them at the other end.

Regardless of the outcome, we'll get what we deserve.

hibsbollah
28-11-2012, 08:36 AM

What about the 'bedwetters'? never forget them...

JimBHibees
28-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Right now I'd take that. We have not played well at all in the last 2 games. StJ are a good team although they scraped past a ten man killie yesterday. Get in about them and we could get a result.

Really personally thought we were excellent against Aberdeen and should have won.