PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

PercyHibs
24-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Anyone know today's official attendance?

hibsboy90
24-11-2012, 07:26 PM
BBC suggested slightly over 12k.

Vini1875
24-11-2012, 07:26 PM
12000 (1800 sheep)

brianmc
24-11-2012, 07:30 PM
10136 home
1871 baaaa

cocopops1875
24-11-2012, 07:32 PM
The fans are not doing their bit to make sure The Tash has no other option but to sign Leigh, No complaints from me if we dont tie him up :rolleyes:

Famous5forever
24-11-2012, 07:32 PM
12000 (1800 sheep)

another poor show We should look at giving half price tickets to school kids or un employed an empty seat is a waste and all these thousands of empty seats cant do the team any favours. We need positive stuff and encouragement right now:flag:

DaveF
24-11-2012, 07:35 PM
another poor show We should look at giving half price tickets to school kids or un employed an empty seat is a waste and all these thousands of empty seats cant do the team any favours. We need positive stuff and encouragement right now:flag:

You just said on the Maybury thread that the next 2 games are must win or we will lose fans. How very encouraging of you.

Now you make negative comments about the crowd. Remind me - Which team in Edinburgh has a hard on about big crowds?

JHFC
24-11-2012, 07:42 PM
its hard to see where the extra 8000 odd seats come from, looked packed today.

PatHead
24-11-2012, 07:45 PM

I wish people would stop saying half price tickets would increase crowds. They would certainly reduce income as no-one would buy seasons

brianmc
24-11-2012, 07:46 PM
?? Where were you sitting that it looked packed
2100 seats in the away end as a starter.
Famous Five crowd was sparse and the West was mostly empty.

Billy Whizz
24-11-2012, 07:47 PM
On a positive front probably well up on the same fixture last season.
Was this our biggest crowd of the season?

Golden Bear
24-11-2012, 07:47 PM
The team may have been winning games but there is still a distinct lack of enterprising play. More flair and entertainment is needed before the punters are tempted back. Let's have less punts up the park please!

Ozyhibby
24-11-2012, 07:48 PM
The fans are not doing their bit to make sure The Tash has no other option but to sign Leigh, No complaints from me if we dont tie him up :rolleyes:

The fans did their bit in May, the club let us down. Some fans are taking their time to come back. Some of the people there in May will never be back. That's life. We move on.
It's time for the club to show the fans that the underachievement is a thing of the past, the crowds will then start to increase but I suspect it will be slowly.

JHFC
24-11-2012, 07:48 PM
?? Where were you sitting that it looked packed
2100 seats in the away end as a starter.
Famous Five crowd was sparse and the West was mostly empty.

i was in FF myself couldn't see whole stand, East looked packed and west just looked normal and ofc away end was half full

Gatecrasher
24-11-2012, 07:51 PM
The fans did their bit in May, the club let us down. Some fans are taking their time to come back. Some of the people there in May will never be back. That's life. We move on.
It's time for the club to show the fans that the underachievement is a thing of the past, the crowds will then start to increase but I suspect it will be slowly.
Why is it always an us and them thing with the club?
We the fans are Hibs.
The Hibs cant spend money we dont have.

Winston Ingram
24-11-2012, 07:53 PM

Can't argue with that. We've had a bad few years but i think it's fair to say when the going gets tough our fans leg it...and then don't come back.

FranckSuzy
24-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Funny how one defeat brings out some posters on here, who were nowhere to be seen during our unbeaten home run :confused:

DaveF
24-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Can't argue with that. We've had a bad few years but i think it's fair to say when the going gets tough our fans leg it...and then don't come back.

Like every other club you mean?

Aberdeen suffered like us for a few pish years and their crowds plummeted. Go on a good run and they bring 1800 today - just we have done to away games this season.

It's not a Hibs thing - It's not even a football thing. It's just the way it is.

Winston Ingram
24-11-2012, 07:56 PM

Eh? Turning up to a cup final is doing their bit? Superb:rolleyes:

darwenhibby
24-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Some fans who were there in may wont be there til the next cup final!its those who came in the Mowbray years we need back! No more excuses from the townies please!
S

Ozyhibby
24-11-2012, 07:57 PM
We the fans are Hibs.

I wasn't really talking about signing Leigh. If we can't afford him then so be it. It was the comment about the fans not doing their bit that was annoying.
Hibs fans put nearly £7m a year into Hibs. Only Celtic in the SPL brought in more last year. Our performances have not matched the commitment of the fans.

cocopops1875
24-11-2012, 07:58 PM
To be fair the "Fans" did their "bit" as you put it in may :agree: what did they do in Aug-April ? barring 1 crowd against Dunfermline ?
Im not Knocking anyone who doesnt go, Im just pointing out that we cant sign players of Leigh's class with 10,000 home fans:wink:

BoltonHibee
24-11-2012, 07:59 PM
For **** sake, that is a great attendance, why the moaning?

We are where we are, some people won't recognise why that is, just get on with it and stop whingeing FFS!

Winston Ingram
24-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Like every other club you mean?

Aberdeen suffered like us for a few pish years and their crowds plummeted. Go on a good run and they bring 1800 today - just we have done to away games this season.

It's not a Hibs thing - It's not even a football thing. It's just the way it is.

We topped that at Dunfermline last season. They've been rank for longer than us and there home crowds are awful.

darwenhibby
24-11-2012, 08:04 PM
For **** sake, that is a great attendance, why the moaning?

We are where we are, some people won't recognise why that is, just get on with it and stop whingeing FFS!

Eh!! Is anybody home???

DaveF
24-11-2012, 08:11 PM
We topped that at Dunfermline last season. They've been rank for longer than us and there home crowds are awful.

That Dunfy game was virtually a relegation decider. Pretty sure the dons would have brought equally as big a crowd if they were in that situation.

Re their poor crowds - They have had 4 x 10,000+ crowds from 7 home games and we have had 5 10,000+ crowds from 8 home games. They have the same fight as us in order to try and win fans back. It's not easy after years of massive under achievement.

Tricla
24-11-2012, 08:14 PM
The fans did their bit in May, the club let us down.

The additional 15K that turned up at Hampden for the s/f and final didn't do their bit by showing up for a showpiece game or two. The 9 or 10K that show up every week do their bit.

The club let us down in May? Hardly.

Some fans are taking their time to come back. Some of the people there in May will never be back.

They were never there in the first place. Just popped along to Hampden for a pop at a day of glory.

We won a cup in 2007 with almost 30,000 Hibs fans there. Our home attendances barely increased on the back of it AFAICR.

Hibs7
24-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Agreed.

BoltonHibee
24-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Eh!! Is anybody home???

Yup, just counting the ticket money

J-C
24-11-2012, 08:26 PM
There was huge areas of the west empty, surprised at that TBH, we should've had 14000 there as it was a pretty important game.

madabouthibs
24-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I reckon the Dundee result cost us at least 1000 today.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2012, 09:06 PM

You may well be correct, but it saddens me that people dont want to attend just because we lost a match the previous week...Whatever happened to through thick and thin?

Golden Bear
24-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Attending a football match is a habit but unfortunately a load of fans have lost the matchday habit and the longer it goes on then the more difficult it will be to entice them back.

Bostonhibby
24-11-2012, 09:12 PM
The additional 15K that turned up at Hampden for the s/f and final didn't do their bit by showing up for a showpiece game or two. The 9 or 10K that show up every week do their bit.

The club let us down in May? Hardly.

They were never there in the first place. Just popped along to Hampden for a pop at a day of glory.

We won a cup in 2007 with almost 30,000 Hibs fans there. Our home attendances barely increased on the back of it AFAICR.

Many of them still did their bit in other ways, and often did it in years gone by.

Me? in the last 10 years, I probably can't match some of the 9 or 10 k who you mention above for physical appearance every week but there's more ways to support your team than that and I have contributed at least as much in the recent years where I have definitely " popped along to Hampden for a pop at a day of glory".

The arithmetic supports your fundamental argument but please don't lose sight of why a helluva lot of the missing people who make finals or "big" or "glory" games can only appear at those one's - take a look at the international Supporters group, how many there are for a club our size, the efforts they make to turn up or find some way to see the game when they can't travel and how they and their like support and promote us in other ways.

I was at Hampden in May, and have been to more potential "glory" games than I like to think about with a large group of staunch Hibbies - all were home and away fans when they lived in the city and still spend more than the price of a season ticket directly to the club and even more indirectly travelling to games - the money we need for the retention of Leigh short term and for longer term viability definitely needs crowds to improve but don't see it as that alone or underestimate the £ value of those that might be on the terracing less than those who can get there and back in an hour or two but only pay for the game and a pie :wink:

GGTTH

HFC 0-7
24-11-2012, 09:15 PM
We the fans are Hibs.

Keep hearing that we can't spend money we dont have, how can we post consecutive losses of 900k if we are not spending money we don't have. The problem has been we have spent it on the wrong things, players or managers. Attendances are rising slowly with the product on offer, reduce that product and they will fall quicker than they have been rising.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-11-2012, 09:22 PM
it could be easily argued that the Celtc result cost us another 1,000 travelling fans as well. Fans will turn up to watch winning teams and stay away when the team gets beat. That is a football thing, not a Hibs thing. For fans that have to pick and choose games, in this financially difficult time, will have picked the Hearts Cup game over the Dons league game maybe.

Vini1875
24-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Our crowds vary very little. We have been pretty average and our crowds average out at about 10-11,000 each season. That is the size of our active support. To add another 5000 - 8000 onto that figure IMHO would require a winning run approaching something akin to the one we had in the first div. To fill the stadium we would have to win the league one year and look like we were going to repeat the feat the following year.

So what if we have 10,000 at a game? I say enjoy it when its good.

ScottB
24-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the crowd, I'd say there were more Hibs fans at the St Mirren game a couple weeks ago...

Emerald
24-11-2012, 10:44 PM
We have probably managed around 10,000 average in our history. Loads of folk keep talking it up all the time that we have a much bigger support but we never seem to manage to keep it going, why? In my lifetime Hibs have never managed to keep a winning team going and have nearly always failed in the big games. Each time the crowds start to grow or we have a good side, we either fail to deliver or we sell the players. It then takes us years to put a decent team back together and the cycle repeats. Today was another big game that we needed to win to keep the good times going, we should have won but again when it matters failed to deliver. The result of that is more dissillusioned again. I'm now immune but you don't sell season tickets on form like that!

Don't get me wrong, we are improving but we must get better at putting the big game away or the crowd will never improve.

sbell1875
24-11-2012, 11:00 PM
I've done my bit the last 2 days. £51 in tickets bought online last night and £7.99 on a pair of gloves in the club shop today!

I felt we were very unlucky to lose the game today. To me, Aberdeen created virtually nothing and punished us from a mistake by Maybury. On the balance of chances there was only 1 winner for me today but sadly football doesn't work like that.

But you what? I'll be in Perth on Wednesday with my overpriced Hibs gloves!

sahib
25-11-2012, 12:01 AM

How many businesses say the customers are not doing their bit?

givescotlandfreedom
25-11-2012, 12:28 AM

Sadly correct.

givescotlandfreedom
25-11-2012, 12:30 AM
You may well be correct, but it saddens me that people dont want to attend just because we lost a match the previous week...Whatever happened to through thick and thin?

It counts when we're in finals.

Pete
25-11-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm not too concerned about the increase in people attending our match.

People are saying it should be more but there are things you have to take into consideration. That tainted, cheaty cup final has knocked peoples faith and a lot will "believe it when they see it" before returning. That might mean being top half or in with a shout nearer the end of the season. The signing of McPake was great but maybe the long-term capture of one of our big guns will restore a little bit of faith and get some of the doubters back. There's also the time of year as well. It's nearly christmas and people are skint, saving up or spending their money on presents.

Any increase, however small, should be welcomed and I think we should relax a bit and stop running ourselves down.

LeighLoyal
25-11-2012, 01:50 AM
The damage was done over several poor seasons, but it's also a case of people having less money.

Bay Area Hibees
25-11-2012, 03:24 AM
Well done to everyone that is going to er regularly.

I live overseas so only get to few games a year.

I just wish our average gate was bigger. What was average crowd in first division? I know it was healthy as people were watching a team winning (with style).

12k average home gate would be good. Is it or 14 un realistic?

What do you think?

JohnStephens91
25-11-2012, 04:08 AM
What is the actual fan base? Surely we have a minimum of 100,000 fans and only about 10% show up on each matchday. Parallels with Hearts can be made where 100,000 fans turned up to watch the cup parade but they only get about 11,000 at each game or so and for both clubs that is a poor ratio of fans to attendance, that means roughly 90% of the support base for both clubs chooses not to turn up every week.

It's most likely not an isolated problem for Hibs, it affects almost every club, but we almost filled Hampden up completely against Livingston, sold over 30,000 tickets against Killie in 2007 and the 23,000 or so in May, our fans just need to show up in the bread and butter games in the league if we are to improve and sign players like Leigh permanently.

It's in our hands and it isn't the fault of the board if they don't want to cough up if there is no significant improvement in attendances and simply promising to buy half season tickets on the back of signing Leigh will come across as an empty promise much like the Rangers situation and the promises the fans made and didn't keep.

The attendances have improved but we need to keep on doing our bit, I encourage my friend who just likes football to come to some matches and I've even got my dad attending a few games too, we all know people who want to come and watch the football and support the team we just need to be proactive and get them back in to help the team keep improving. Actions speak louder than words and we all need to act in unison now to provide a better future and that starts with getting Leigh on a permanent deal.

:flag:

hibIBZ
25-11-2012, 07:46 AM
speaking for myself. the whole match day experience is just too expensive for alot of people and personnaly i have to pick and choose which games to go to. before the cup draw i was certain i was going to the game yesterday but the draw chanmged my mind and bought a ticket for the cup match

lucky
25-11-2012, 08:07 AM
I thought it was a decent crowd. Football is exspensive. Fans of all clubs are choosing their games. High unemployment, rising prices and wage freezes are all impacting on attendances. Walk up fan taking a kid today was over £30 and then add in next week ticket its a lot of money out a family budget. Scottish football needs to reevaluate its self. Reduced pricing and wages and stop trying to compete with the English leagues. Then fans might come in greater numbers

Devilstorment
25-11-2012, 08:19 AM
As i have raised on here before this is a multifaceted problem:

Years of underperformance have created an apathy amongst Hibs fans. This was compounded by last seasons overall performance and the cup final performance. This isn't just eroded after a good run for the first part of the season. However as some have said the Scottish Cup final (and semi final) showed that as a club we do have a huge fan base that we can tap in to and will attend games given the right motivation (I am not saying we could have such a big crowd every week but there is potential!). The apathy that exists is in some cases shocking. I picked up my extra ticket to the Celtic game and it took two phonecalls to give it away as the first call was met with apathy towards attending!!!

The other issue is of course everyones household incomes have been squeezed given the current economic climate. In some ways I am glad that I bought my season ticket (3 days after our cup humiliation!) because i don't have the week to week disposable income to pay at the gate. Could we be seeing this multiplied across a section of our fan base (but they never bought a season ticket because they were "Never going back" after the cup final and now cant afford to attend pay at the gate)

I am not sure how we fix things other than continue to put on good performances on the pitch for fans and over time people will drift back in. As fans if we can be making sure we are letting everyone else know that ER is the place to be every other Saturday.

Purple & Green
25-11-2012, 08:23 AM
It's also worth remembering that actual attendees (as opposed to quoted attendance) at parkhead this season is averaging around 30k. In context our 10k looks pretty good

ALF TUPPER
25-11-2012, 09:20 AM
I thought the attendance was pretty decent yesterday ( well done everyone for turning up - sheep too)
Building the support is steadily improving from what i see from my seat . Its going to be a long slow progress particularly with the economy and unemployment the way it is.

As for May - we will always have folk, that dont go from one season to the next , getting tickets and turning up at Hampden. Case in point : one female, near me , shouting " Come on 'Tony' make some changes !! FFS

Onwards and upwards Hibbys.

Glory Glory

Hibeesforever
25-11-2012, 09:28 AM
It's also worth remembering that actual attendees (as opposed to quoted attendance) at parkhead this season is averaging around 30k. In context our 10k looks pretty good

But we are not Celtic and don't have Champions league football to compete for disposable income.

Every supporter needs to encourage a lapsed friend to come along. Secondly, more active marketing in the city is needed. Website, shop and deals great but Hibs should be visible on Princes Street.
Hibs don't do begging but we need to sell the club better.
Eg. Hibs roadshow beside the Scot Monument during festive period would be a start. Need to spend more on advertising.
Prices fine, people just choose to spend their money elsewhere.

stanton10
25-11-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm not too concerned about the increase in people attending our match.

People are saying it should be more but there are things you have to take into consideration. That tainted, cheaty cup final has knocked peoples faith and a lot will "believe it when they see it" before returning. That might mean being top half or in with a shout nearer the end of the season. The signing of McPake was great but maybe the long-term capture of one of our big guns will restore a little bit of faith and get some of the doubters back. There's also the time of year as well. It's nearly christmas and people are skint, saving up or spending their money on presents.

Any increase, however small, should be welcomed and I think we should relax a bit and stop running ourselves down.

I am sorry but the doubters left in may ?

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2012, 09:33 AM
We have probably managed around 10,000 average in our history. Loads of folk keep talking it up all the time that we have a much bigger support but we never seem to manage to keep it going, why? In my lifetime Hibs have never managed to keep a winning team going and have nearly always failed in the big games. Each time the crowds start to grow or we have a good side, we either fail to deliver or we sell the players. It then takes us years to put a decent team back together and the cycle repeats. Today was another big game that we needed to win to keep the good times going, we should have won but again when it matters failed to deliver. The result of that is more dissillusioned again. I'm now immune but you don't sell season tickets on form like that!

Don't get me wrong, we are improving but we must get better at putting the big game away or the crowd will never improve.

The history of Hibernian FC since the mid 50s in a nutshell.

FWIW ... I thought the crowd was between 12 and 13 thousand, which if nothing else continues the upward trend.

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Normally I would say thats a huge overestimation of the affect of that result. But I have to say that the Dundee result was a huge disappointment and given the fragile state of our support any setback ... especially one where our manager says we were out fought by a team who wanted it more ... is likely to stop folk bothering.

SouthamptonHibs
25-11-2012, 10:12 AM
IMO the 2-3000 that haven't been back won't be back until we start beating Hearts.
There is only one game that matters these days, the people that say it's just three points are talking pish. Lots of hardcore Hibs fans i no have not renewed there season tickets due to what happened in May.
Hibs have had a good start to the season but once again have ****ed it up with results in the last two games due to our lack of depth in the squad.
IMO scorecard for the season is
League = 8/10
League cup 0/10 (pumped fi a div 2 side in first round)
Scottish cup TBC
Entertainment 8/10 (scoring plenty of goals)
Squad is poor, but first 11 are good, problem is three off them are injured thats why we are getting beat IMO.

Anyway role on next week, no injuries or suspensions v Saints on Wed please

Hail Hail

GreenCastle
25-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I've really enjoyed going to ER this season - much more positive place than previous seasons - yesterday even though we were beaten I left disappointed which is you would expect the norm. Previous seasons it was more anger as the players failed to turn up and were very poor - on another day we would have won yesterday 2v0 if we had taken our chances. We have created less and won games this season at ER.

Regarding the number of fans at games - it will take time.

Is ER a more entertaining place to come now? - yes
Did the cup final loose many fans interests ? yes
Have the previous several seasons dented attendances ? yes
Do Hibs have a pretty loyal support even though we have been poor for the last few seasons? yes

Is the match day experience value for money (ticket / entertainment / food) ? I would say entertainment is getting better - but SPL football and food prices are still very expensive and can understand why fans won't pay that - this I think is the crunch to bring fans back - offer prices that are cheaper all around the league - even if it means the quality dropping slightly - we are paying English Premiership prices for a inferior product.

SouthamptonHibs
25-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Normally I would say thats a huge overestimation of the affect of that result. But I have to say that the Dundee result was a huge disappointment and given the fragile state of our support any setback ... especially one where our manager says we were out fought by a team who wanted it more ... is likely to stop folk bothering.

:top marks

SouthamptonHibs
25-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I've really enjoyed going to ER this season - much more positive place than previous seasons - yesterday even though we were beaten I left disappointed which is you would expect the norm. Previous seasons it was more anger as the players failed to turn up and were very poor - on another day we would have won yesterday 2v0 if we had taken our chances. We have created less and won games this season at ER.

Regarding the number of fans at games - it will take time.

Is ER a more entertaining place to come now? - yes
Did the cup final loose many fans interests ? yes
Have the previous several seasons dented attendances ? yes
Do Hibs have a pretty loyal support even though we have been poor for the last few seasons? yes

Is the match day experience value for money (ticket / entertainment / food) ? I would say entertainment is getting better - but SPL football and food prices are still very expensive and can understand why fans won't pay that - this I think is the crunch to bring fans back - offer prices that are cheaper all around the league - even if it means the quality dropping slightly - we are paying English Premiership prices for a inferior product.

Just your last point mate, we are not paying Premier league prices for SPL games. Most teams are well over £30 a game in the EPL. The odd team like Wigan are cheaper but the EPL teams fleece there fans to pay for the big players on the over inflated salaries.
Pompey were £38 a game, Saints are over £30 and thats before booking fee's etc.

Hail Hail

Ozyhibby
25-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Just your last point mate, we are not paying Premier league prices for SPL games. Most teams are well over £30 a game in the EPL. The odd team like Wigan are cheaper but the EPL teams fleece there fans to pay for the big players on the over inflated salaries.

Hail Hail

True enough. Went to Everton v West Ham a couple of seasons back. Cheapest ticket was £35.

SouthamptonHibs
25-11-2012, 10:31 AM
True enough. Went to Everton v West Ham a couple of seasons back. Cheapest ticket was £35.

As i live in England we talk EPL alot, the lads all agree that England should be in a position (like Germany IMO who have it right) with the money they have that all the stadiums should be fantastic and the prices for fans should be cheap.
The current model doesn't work for fans the only winners are players, managers and agents.
Certain teams still charge for restricted view tickets, i'm sure Liverpool have two categories restricted view and severly restricted view??

GreenCastle
25-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Hail Hail

While I agree the top end prices in the EPL are huge and they have a problem also with value for money!

Like you said in bold there are stadiums / matches you can go to for cheaper / same price as the SPL and that's not right.

Bottom line the price for a ticket is stopping people attend - and that's before the over priced food etc = a very expensive day out!

hibIBZ
25-11-2012, 10:54 AM
i agree about germany. they have great attendances in new stadiums with capped ticket prices for the entire league. they have the best percentage of full stadiums in europe and their prices are lower than the spl

cocopops1875
25-11-2012, 11:04 AM

See thats where you have already lost me Football at our level in fact any level is hardly a "Business" who actually makes money ? very very few teams. So with that as my summing up its hardly fair to compaire Hibs with a Gas company for example :wink:

cocopops1875
25-11-2012, 11:14 AM
i agree about germany. they have great attendances in new stadiums with capped ticket prices for the entire league. they have the best percentage of full stadiums in europe and their prices are lower than the spl

There is a poster on here who has a good knowledge of German football and suggests that its nowhere near as cheap as gets banded about :wink:

Ringothedog
25-11-2012, 11:17 AM
So lets get this right...our crowds are up by over an average of 700 so far this season. We have Motherwell next at ER and will probably get about 10000, followed by Ross County on Boxing Day(11000) then Celtic(17000). That would mean we are averaging 11230. This is with no Rangers game to boost our averages. I for one think our support has been magnificent this season . We will not get people back overnight but are doing it gradually. I spent £242 yesterday my mate £267 on half seasons,entry to the match and Tickets for the Hearts game. I had given up for more than a year not going to games but I am now firmly back in the family.:flag:

cocopops1875
25-11-2012, 11:24 AM
So lets get this right...our crowds are up by over an average of 700 so far this season. We have Motherwell next at ER and will probably get about 10000, followed by Ross County on Boxing Day(11000) then Celtic(17000). That would mean we are averaging 11230. This is with no Rangers game to boost our averages. I for one think our support has been magnificent this season . We will not get people back overnight but are doing it gradually. I spent £242 yesterday my mate £267 on half seasons,entry to the match and Tickets for the Hearts game. I had given up for more than a year not going to games but I am now firmly back in the family.:flag:

:thumbsup::flag::thumbsup::flag: Welcome back :greengrin

Keith_M
25-11-2012, 05:58 PM
There is a poster on here who has a good knowledge of German football and suggests that its nowhere near as cheap as gets banded about :wink:

He does mention it a few times, yes :wink: Anyway, as he's not here at the moment, I'll fill in.

A middle of the table Bundesliga club would be Mainz (They're currently 9th of 18). Their tickets range from the fantastically low 12.50 standing ticket to 42 Euros for the dearest non-executive seat. Good luck trying to get a ticket for the terracing, though, because as at most Bundeliga Clubs, they'll be long gone.

Keith_M
25-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Anyway, to the point of the thread. As others have already said, it could take a long time for our attendances to increase as the decline has also happened over a long period.

I totally agree with the poster that said that, to some people, the upturn will not be real to them until we are regularly beating Hearts (even once would be an improvement)

Kris1875
25-11-2012, 07:58 PM
VM

Winston Ingram
25-11-2012, 08:37 PM

what a ridiculous statement

sahib
25-11-2012, 10:36 PM
what a ridiculous statement

Really, why so?

cocopops1875
25-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Really, why so?

i explained it

sahib
25-11-2012, 11:08 PM
i explained it

My point is, calling people "fans" or "supporters" and expecting them to, therefore, hand over their cash wouldn't work for any other business. Okay, it sort of works for football clubs, in fact Hibs seem to push themselves as a charity case more and more these days. To me a business would lose customers or fail to gain new ones if their product and pricing didn't suit ( amongst other things such as customer care etc).
Explaining your problems away by blaming the customers would be a futile exercise. I am not saying that there is anything Hibs can do about the situation, but if people don't enjoy the match day experience or simply can't afford it, then they won't attend and I don't care how big a supporter they claim to be.

snooky
25-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Attending a football match is a habit but unfortunately a load of fans have lost the matchday habit and the longer it goes on then the more difficult it will be to entice them back.

The habit formula ended with the introduction of game times other than 3pm Saturdays and the alternate weekly Home/Away.
Bad idea from day one, IMO.

basehibby
25-11-2012, 11:57 PM
The home crowds have been creeping up all season after a long slow decline and the crushing disappointment of last May so credit where it's due to Fenlon and all those who have kept the faith.

Rod P issued a statement recently which was spot on - praising the good work put in by Fenlon this season and stating clearly that his budget to continue that work will be decided directly by the fans who choose to turn up at the gate between now and January along with Half ST sales.

This is the right message but it needs to be shouted from the rooftops more. I'd like to see the club hammering that message home through the media. We can all do our bit as well of course, by arguing the point down the boozer etc with any Hibby mates who are not turning out these days, but the club needs to take the lead and make it a talking point.

jakki
26-11-2012, 01:02 AM
I have to state that the attendance figures are wrong as only once going through the disability door in the ES has my ticket and carer tickets been scanned in the last two seasons. Then its the question of am I counted at a game when my ST is not used? My seat is paid for.

Unfortunately due to ill health I cannot attend during the cold winter months, but me and my carer will be there in the warmer Spring games. Will the attendence go up wi our visit? I'd like to someone at the AGM if we're counted in the attendance figures?

killie-hibby
26-11-2012, 07:50 AM
The home crowds have been creeping up all season after a long slow decline and the crushing disappointment of last May so credit where it's due to Fenlon and all those who have kept the faith.

Rod P issued a statement recently which was spot on - praising the good work put in by Fenlon this season and stating clearly that his budget to continue that work will be decided directly by the fans who choose to turn up at the gate between now and January along with Half ST sales.

This is the right message but it needs to be shouted from the rooftops more. I'd like to see the club hammering that message home through the media. We can all do our bit as well of course, by arguing the point down the boozer etc with any Hibby mates who are not turning out these days, but the club needs to take the lead and make it a talking point.

Over the past year any news or press releases from ER have been dissected and manipulated by the Scottish media to highlight the negative and ignore any positives. For example Hibs were criticised for employing an Irish manager. Not a peep from the same critics regards Lennon,Lomas and Shiels. Rod Petries appeal for lapsed supporters to buy half season tickets or walk up tickets has been used in particular by James Traynor to describe Hibs as being in desperate financial straits while suggesting the state of our club is a primary reason for the revamping of Scottish football. He ignores the fact that minus newco we have the most competitive SPL for years and most clubs have seen a rise in attendances. Brian Marjoribanks in the Daily Mail last week stated Hibs are cash strapped and will loose our loan players,then stated Aberdeen are better off than us and will add to their squad. He ignored the fact that Aberdeen have debts of £15 million and a crumbling stadium. Towards the end of last season Billy Dodds on several occassions as a Sportsound pundit indicated he wanted Dunfermline to stay up. Prior to and after our defeat on Saturday we had constant reminders of Aberdeens injury list while ignoring the fact we had three players out injured. Sportsound use two pro Hearts pundits who seem to be ecstatic when anyone scores against Hibs.
I could go on and on,sorry for the rant.
Basically all I wanted to say is that IMOP the media cant be trusted to help Hibs in any constructive way.

Phil MaGlass
26-11-2012, 08:04 AM
What the media is doing is pacifying newco supporters, repeatedly feeding them the line that the SPL clubs are suffering due to newco being pumped ootae the SPHell. How many stories have you read in the newspapers or heard on tv that were all in dire straights, theres not a day goes by that a glesgarr rag doesnt publish some anti SPL club nonsense to appease der hun, the media in Scotland sucks upto the gruesome twosome cos it sells papers and it works to good effect, take a look at Green he just whisks the hordes up into a foaming frenzy every time he opens his gub cos he knows everything he says (and its usually p1sh) is being put in print and the buns will believe it . Still dont understand why folk buy them, then complain about the nonsense being written or spouted about on TV.

I have even stopped buying the Scotsman when I come back as you can guarantee the top story is going to be Anti SNP, and that was the only Scottish paper I would read after dumping the Daily ****** about 25 years ago, if you read that rag you really should be ashamed o yirsel, nae excuse.

The Sea-gull
26-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Saturday's crowd was ok though probably just the minimum crowd we should be happy with given it was a top of the table fixture between two decent sized clubs and taking recent years on the park for both the clubs and off the park for everyone with the economy.

Said last week that if we got a healthy 2500 - 3000 Dons support (AFC themselves forecast this amount but maybe they have to go for the highest likely number so police etc are prepared) plus this season's usual core of around 10k hibs fans plus maybe an extra 500 - 1000 or so "returners" in the home end would mean about 13k - 14k.

The Dons support, at 1800, was healthy though not that much bigger than they normally bring and a wee bit down on what was forecast. That means that there were about 10200 hibs fans at the game which is about the norm for the season.

Perhaps a little bit dissappointing that there weren't a few more home fans through the gate for what has arguably been our biggest game of the season. As has been said previously though there are a number of factors for this. A lot of folk will have chosen to go to Dundee and this may have knocked their enthusiasm/finances for the Aberdeen game.

Also, with the derby cup game being an unexpected game that folk have to pay for this will have knocked Sat's crowd. If we had drawn say a lower league team at home or even any another SPL side other than Hearts, many folk will have chosen the game v the Dons over the cup game and Saturday's crowd might have been a bit better.

lyonhibs
26-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Anyone thinking Hibs are suddenly going to have 1-2,000 more fans turn up at ER all of a sudden are in dreamland. If decent form/performances keep up, attendance growth will be slow and organic, apart perhaps for Hearts/Celtc games. A couple of hundred more here and there. The past 4 years of crud, economic conditions and last May's disgrace will live longer in the memory than a decent performance against Motherwell and Dundee United.

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Anyone thinking Hibs are suddenly going to have 1-2,000 more fans turn up at ER all of a sudden are in dreamland. If decent form/performances keep up, attendance growth will be slow and organic, apart perhaps for Hearts/Celtc games. A couple of hundred more here and there. The past 4 years of crud, economic conditions and last May's disgrace will live longer in the memory than a decent performance against Motherwell and Dundee United.

Sadly true ..... Hibs have a long way to go to win back the missing folks.

Not just that though ........ If the club show any sign of complacency off or on the park even the folk who stayed following the last few seasons might think twice. I dont count Saturday because the team put in plenty effort and were unluck not to at least draw the game .... but they have to realise that effort notwithstanding we need results.

A draw in Perth on Wednesday will be OK.

BUT WE MUST BEAT THE YAMS.

MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST,

If ever a club owed its fans a win in a game it is this club in this game.

SouthamptonHibs
26-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Sadly true ..... Hibs have a long way to go to win back the missing folks.

Not just that though ........ If the club show any sign of complacency off or on the park even the folk who stayed following the last few seasons might think twice. I dont count Saturday because the team put in plenty effort and were unluck not to at least draw the game .... but they have to realise that effort notwithstanding we need results.

A draw in Perth on Wednesday will be OK.

BUT WE MUST BEAT THE YAMS.

MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST,

If ever a club owed its fans a win in a game it is this club in this game.

:top marks Hail Hail

J-C
28-11-2012, 08:53 AM
It's a catch 22 situation, we need an extra 2000 fans but these fans won't come back till there is real consistency and we look like mounting a challenge for at least top 4 place. To get these fans back we need to sign 2-3 marque signings but to sign them we also need the extra fans to turn up, occasionally we must speculate to accumulate, pay the extra £2000 pw for their wages and the extra fans that turn up pay for them. Unfortunately in this modern climate the board are unwilling to over spend and that's understandable, I just think back to the Sauzee/Latapy days when we needed the punters through the gates to get us back to the SPL, we paid a few extra quid and they turned up to cheer us back, ave 10,433 and then the following 2 seasons as we got 6th, then 3rd in season 2000/2001.

Remember David Zitelli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Zitelli) Mathias Jack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathias_Jack) Dirk Lehmann (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Lehmann) Mixu Paatelainen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixu_Paatelainen) Russell Latapy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Latapy) Franck Sauzee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franck_Sauzee) Didier Agathe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Agathe) now there's a few names to remember :confused:

Keith_M
28-11-2012, 10:54 AM
I now think we'll be lucky to get 13,000 (total attendance, not just Hibbies) at the game against Hearts.

I'd love to be wrong but keep in mind that most ST holders have to pay for a ticket, so that'll have an affect on the attendance, along with losing the last two games and our derby record.

green glory
28-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I now think we'll be lucky to get 13,000 (total attendance, not just Hibbies) at the game against Hearts.

I'd love to be wrong but keep in mind that most ST holders have to pay for a ticket, so that'll have an affect on the attendance, along with losing the last two games and our derby record.

The Yams have apparently sold out and we only have around 2300 left. So heading for 18000 anyway even allowing for corporates not sold etc. There's still a few days to go too.

Bleeds green
28-11-2012, 11:02 AM

Should you not be in your kitchen baking cakes?? Or practice face painting

hibee_nation
28-11-2012, 11:08 AM

That German Bier is strong :drunk: or failing that you are just very silly.

LancashireHibby
28-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Given his avatar and post count, I think it's rather unlikely that he's a Yam!

Keith_M
28-11-2012, 04:15 PM

Shouldn't you be doing your Homework.

<<<<<< That's me in the photo, ya tw*t :na na:

Keith_M
28-11-2012, 04:18 PM
That German Bier is strong :drunk: or failing that you are just very silly.

A bit of both, actually.

Sorry, I'm miserable at work so I unreservedly apologise for something said in haste and a spirit of depression while working with a load of Germans :wink:

Actually, I had no idea the tickets were selling so well. That's really good news :thumbsup: