PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon and Fallon Issue? He caused us hassle....

hibsboy90
24-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Were my eyes deceiving me or did our Pat decline Rory Fallon's hand post match? We struggled to deal with the kiwi after he came on, but he's a big fan of going into with his elbows flying - maybe this was the source of Fenlon's frustrations!

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Saw that too. Fenlon made "blah blah" kind of gesture with his hand to him too. Fallon should've been in the book at his 2nd foul.

.Sean.
24-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Hopefully he gets a bad one next game. In with the elbows everytime he jumped. ****.

trev the hat
24-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Saw that too. Fenlon made "blah blah" kind of gesture with his hand to him too. Fallon should've been in the book at his 2nd foul.

Elbow incident should have been a Hibs free kick, he led with intent & should have been carded IMO Fenlon quite right to be aggrieved, thought Mgivern was outstanding & is a CB no question.

givescotlandfreedom
24-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Fallon was a big animal. Wouldn't have looked out of place alongside Zaliukus.

Hibs7
24-11-2012, 09:19 PM
In New Zealand they play rugby,...... he would not be out of place there.

Golden Bear
24-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Archie Knox and Pat had a real verbal swearie set to over something that Pat said following one of Fallon's challenges.

Hibs Class
24-11-2012, 09:31 PM
In almost every challenge he led with his elbows and/or jumped into the man rather than go for the ball. Just a blunt tool.

The Voice Of Reason
24-11-2012, 09:33 PM
We actually need a player like Fallon up front - we lack a physical presence.

Higdon would be ideal likes.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Fallon makes Kevin Kyle look like a gracefull ballet dancer. But you have to say that a forward that can go a whole game leading with a forearm smash and not get sent off has done his job.

The Voice Of Reason
24-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Fallon caused us problems when he came on. He looks better than Kyle to me.

Del Boy
24-11-2012, 10:10 PM
The ideal, and realistic, target man to partner griffiths would be Jon Daly from united.

The Voice Of Reason
24-11-2012, 10:12 PM
The ideal, and realistic, target man to partner griffiths would be Jon Daly from united.

Decent option. But injured too much.

Higdon better IMHO

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Decent option. But injured too much.

Higdon better IMHO

Were we not linked with this guy at one point?

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/striker-lee-miller-eyeing-return-to-action-for-carlisle-utd-1.1013279?referrerPath=home

RickyS
24-11-2012, 10:55 PM

I like both Higdon & Daly both would be good signings. was the big lump target man not meant to Kuqui?

kaimendhibs
24-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Were my eyes deceiving me or did our Pat decline Rory Fallon's hand post match? We struggled to deal with the kiwi after he came on, but he's a big fan of going into with his elbows flying - maybe this was the source of Fenlon's frustrations!

No you are not alone, I saw it too and mentioned it st the time to my mates. Fallon is an animal, well done pat

Pretty Boy
25-11-2012, 09:58 AM
He was a ****ing animal when he came on, always leading with the elbow and jumping for the man.

However he was a bit of a fairy as well, how many times was he rolling about the deck, falling over when barely touched and looking for free kicks?

Horrible player to watch.

matty_f
25-11-2012, 10:07 AM
I thought Aberdeen in general were very dirty, with Fallon the worst offender.

Diclonius
26-11-2012, 02:39 AM
If Aberdeen don't want him I'd happily see him at Easter Road. Granted, he is a tool but he changed the game.

Vini1875
26-11-2012, 07:57 AM
No thanks and clearly from Pat's reaction he is not the type of player we will be seeing at ER. Jon Daly is the type we should be looking at big and strong but not a cynical player like fallon.

If Aberdeen don't want him I'd happily see him at Easter Road. Granted, he is a tool but he changed the game.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2012, 08:42 AM

Not sure how you know he's a tool but i agree, i'd love someone like him at Hibs.

Someone who can put themselves about like he does, and hold the ball up as well as he does, while getting in the faces of the central defenders.

And if he winds up the opposition support too, all the better.

SneakersO'Toole
26-11-2012, 08:46 AM

Exactly how did he change the game? He was absolutely humpty when he came on. Committing fouls and losing posession. McGirven had the better of him from the first minute.

Aberdeen's goal was a fluke so I fail to see what impact that donkey Fallon had.

PatHead
26-11-2012, 12:16 PM

The poster above beat me to it but I can't think how he changed the game. Apart from one header he contributed nothing to Aberdeen's attacking options he just spent the afternoon barging into our players and falling over. Don't forget it was the second half (after he came on) that we dominated and had most of the chances.

The boy is just a big huddie and I definately wouldn't want him at Easter Road.

ekhibee
26-11-2012, 12:43 PM
I thought Aberdeen in general were very dirty, with Fallon the worst offender.

Yep, totally agree. I actually think they've been dirty for a few years now. I remember I think it was a 2 or 3 seasons ago they had 2 players sent off at ER, then had either 1 or 2 players sent off the same season at Pitodrie.

3pm
26-11-2012, 01:37 PM
His elbows connected with someone's head more than his foot touched ball.