PDA

View Full Version : Line Up for Next Sunday?

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Williams

Maybury
McGivern
McPake
Stevenson

Cairney
Taiwo
Claros
Wotherspoon

Griffiths
Doyle

Subs:
Murdoch
Hanlon
Handling
Kuqi
Sproule

3pm
24-11-2012, 06:15 PM
What about midweek?

SneakersO'Toole
24-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Williams

Maybury
McGivern
McPake
Stevenson

Cairney
Taiwo
Claros
Wotherspoon

Griffiths
Doyle

Subs:
Murdoch
Hanlon
Handling
Kuqi
Sproule

Why don't we concentrate on the St. Johnstone game on Wednesday before getting ahead of ourselves with the cup game?

Both are equally important.

hibee_girl
24-11-2012, 06:16 PM
We've got Wednesday to deal with first

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Is it possible to skip wednesday's game? :greengrin

LaMotta
24-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Williams

Maybury
McGivern
McPake
Stevenson

Cairney
Taiwo
Claros
Wotherspoon

Griffiths
Doyle

Subs:
Murdoch
Hanlon
Handling
Kuqi
Sproule

Hanlon should start before Maybury

Hibeesmad
24-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Williams

Wotherspoon
Donaldson
Mcpake
McGivern

Sproule
Taiwo
Claros
Cairney

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Murdoch
Stevenson
Handling
Kuqi
Caldwell

But he will play the same team as today but mcpake will be in for Stevenson.

Devilstorment
24-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Williams

Wotherspoon
Donaldson
Mcpake
McGivern

Sproule
Taiwo
Claros
Cairney

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Murdoch
Stevenson
Handling
Kuqi
Caldwell

Donaldson? is it not an awfully big game to throw him in to? and at centre back?

Tricla
24-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Williams

Wotherspoon
Donaldson
Mcpake
McGivern

Sproule
Taiwo
Claros
Cairney

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Murdoch
Stevenson
Handling
Kuqi
Caldwell

Wotherspoon in defense when he's been one of our most effective attacking players all season?

Piqué
24-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Reckon the 5 in midfield with Cairney just off Leigh will be the way to go. At least to keep it tight early on.

Ozyhibby
24-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Why don't we concentrate on the St. Johnstone game on Wednesday before getting ahead of ourselves with the cup game?

You Really believe that? Was the cup final just another game?
A defeat against Hearts will cost the club a fortune in lost tickets sales between now and the end of the season.
Maybe the fact that it is not just another game for Hearts is the reason we have not beat them for three years.

Hibeesforever
24-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Williams

Wotherspoon
Donaldson
Mcpake
McGivern

Sproule
Taiwo
Claros
Cairney

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Murdoch
Stevenson
Handling
Kuqi
Caldwell

I hope I never see Sproule and Spoony working the right hand side defence!

McGivern is such a gifted footballer, he could probably play right back better than Maybury. Stevenson, had a really good steady game today. Shocking mistake at the start though.

On that basis, McPake in for Maybury.

ano hibby
24-11-2012, 08:50 PM
You Really believe that? Was the cup final just another game?
A defeat against Hearts will cost the club a fortune in lost tickets sales between now and the end of the season.
Maybe the fact that it is not just another game for Hearts is the reason we have not beat them for three years.

This. Next Sunday is huge and will have a massive bearing on morale, crowds, half season sales, Leigh staying and hence where we finish in the league. Big big stakes. Surely McPake will play even with injection if needed.

AlbertK86
24-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Reckon the 5 in midfield with Cairney just off Leigh will be the way to go. At least to keep it tight early on.

Spot on

Personnel as per OP but Doyle out left on the

4-2-3-1 formation

Play at st j and against the skint boys

Duffys13
24-11-2012, 09:04 PM

If we dont have a go at this current Hearts team, I will be absolutely disgusted, they have very little up front so I want us at them from the very start to the final whistle. If we try and keep it tight, that will suit them

Golden Bear
24-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Hope I'm wrong but I think that Mcgivern could be an injury doubt for next weeks games.

Bostonhibby
24-11-2012, 09:34 PM
If we dont have a go at this current Hearts team, I will be absolutely disgusted, they have very little up front so I want us at them from the very start to the final whistle. If we try and keep it tight, that will suit them

:agree: never going to be a better time, and if we think sitting back, at home against this shower is the answer then its not going to go well as the one positivie they seem to have, however it comes about, is the ability to defend with very few mistakes - we have proven strikers, I am not a football manager but surely a good tonking of these immoral chavs every 10 year or so is not to much to ask for? We have to kill them off in this one game - to fo*k them financially and so we can say we done it.

Clock is ticking - please speed the process up Hibs.

Diclonius
24-11-2012, 09:43 PM
IF the following players are fit - Deegan in for Taiwo, McPake and Clancy in for Stevenson and Maybury. Otherwise, same team as today.

We should be clear favourites against the team currently sitting 9th in the league and anything other than at least a convincing performance is downright cowardice from the board right down to the players IMO.

.Sean.
24-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Claros
Taiwo
Sproule

Cairney

Griffiths

Pete
25-11-2012, 05:16 AM
:agree: never going to be a better time, and if we think sitting back, at home against this shower is the answer then its not going to go well as the one positivie they seem to have, however it comes about, is the ability to defend with very few mistakes - we have proven strikers, I am not a football manager but surely a good tonking of these immoral chavs every 10 year or so is not to much to ask for? We have to kill them off in this one game - to fo*k them financially and so we can say we done it.

Clock is ticking - please speed the process up Hibs.

I think they will be the ones sitting back early on and trying to keep it tight and I reckon we will be allowed to go for it early.

They do have a good, well-drilled defence but I think their centre-backs are open to the way we play. They're slow and turn like tanks so balls over the top or balls into the channels will require others to cover for them. Make no mistake, they will be petrified of Leigh or Spoony running at them and will make plans to stifle them. Claros, Taiwo and Cairney MUST win the battles to allow the balls to be played or given to the players who can hurt them.

The only way I can see Hearts going forward is through their wing-backs or lumping it up to Patterson who will try and hold it up for midfielders. I don't think we will allow them to play through us and I don't think they have the players to do so. One thing that does worry me is set-pieces as they have players who can mix it in the box.

I can see a very similar game to the Aberdeen one, except Aberdeen are better and have more in their locker. They'll be stuffy, organised and it will take patience to catch their defence out with a killer ball or run. I think pace will be their undoing and I can see a role for Sproule at some point in an advanced midfield or attacking role.

Remember, they will be a lot more worried about us and our players than we will be of theirs. They have every right to be worried.

chrisski33
25-11-2012, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=peterdouglas;3424621]I think they will be the ones sitting back early on and trying to keep it tight and I reckon we will be allowed to go for it early.

They do have a good, well-drilled defence but I think their centre-backs are open to the way we play. They're slow and turn like tanks so balls over the top or balls into the channels will require others to cover for them. Make no mistake, they will be petrified of Leigh or Spoony running at them and will make plans to stifle them. Claros, Taiwo and Cairney MUST win the battles to allow the balls to be played or given to the players who can hurt them.

The only way I can see Hearts going forward is through their wing-backs or lumping it up to Patterson who will try and hold it up for midfielders. I don't think we will allow them to play through us and I don't think they have the players to do so. One thing that does worry me is set-pieces as they have players who can mix it in the box.

I can see a very similar game to the Aberdeen one, except Aberdeen are better and have more in their locker. They'll be stuffy, organised and it will take patience to catch their defence out with a killer ball or run. I think pace will be their undoing and I can see a role for Sproule at some point in an advanced midfield or attacking role.

Remember, they will be a lot more worried about us and our players than we will be of theirs. They have every right to be worried.

Cannae see them being worried tbh. Their record in derbies will give them confidence and as they say in derbies you have to throw the form book oit t&e window! many were confident we wud beat them in the final and the rest is history....

Billy Whizz
25-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Hope I'm wrong but I think that Mcgivern could be an injury doubt for next weeks games.

Where are you hearing this from. Would be a big blow

lucky
25-11-2012, 09:24 AM
McPake is a big loss for us and should come straight back in. Deegan has not been fit since he came to Hibs so its unlikely he will play after being out for so long. We will win if we cut out the mistakes at the back and take our chances. The Yams are expecting to win fairly easily as they reckon our bubble has burst

Golden Bear
25-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Where are you hearing this from. Would be a big blow

He got a couple of knocks yesterday and seemed to be limping a bit when he left the pitch at the end of the game.

FromTheCapital
25-11-2012, 11:15 AM
If McPake and Clancy are fit...

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Claros
Taiwo

Wotherspoon
Cairney
Doyle

Griffiths
-------------------------------
If McPake and Clancy are not fit...

Williams

Maybury
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson

Taiwo
Claros

Wotherspoon
Cairney
Doyle

Griffiths
-------------------------
I'd go with a 4-2-3-1 formation and have Cairney just off Griffiths with Spoony and Doyle driving down the wings and with Taiwo and Claros cleaning up in behind. Get the ball to Cairney and Griffiths and get them to drive at defenders as both could cause them massive problems. Back to back defeats won't help and hopefully we can get a result in Perth on Wednesday so that a little bit of confidence is injected into the team but another loss against St Johnstone could bring morale down. Wednesday is an important but Sunday is a massive game. :agree:

jdships
25-11-2012, 11:32 AM
The 'jury is still out' for me on McPake - have never felt totally convinced he is as good as some are making out
Folk from Coventry reckoned he would ' ...........blow hot and cold - your never sure which McPake is going to turn up ' - this is what seems to be happening now.
Hanlon/McGivern are surely worth persevering with at least in the short term

:flag:

SouthamptonHibs
25-11-2012, 11:36 AM

Disagree on this one, cup game is more important! As a club WE need to beat Hearts. Saints is just three points we have shown in the past two games that we won't do much in the league the cup is our only chance off success this year. To be out off both cups in the first round would be a 0/10 from Hibs, especially after what happended in May. It will put fans off turning up

Hail Hail

danhibees1875
25-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Williams
McG...McP...Han...Lewi
Claros.....Tom
Spoony.......Doyle........Cairney
Super Leigh

And less of the long ball nonsense. I'd go as far as to have The Cookie Monster in the team if we're going to persist with that.

:pfgwa