PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Aberdeen

hibsbollah
24-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I thought we deserved at least a point from that, and there were some good performances out there.

Williams 7 Didnt have much to do but some good punches out from crossed balls. Never looked like conceding.

Maybury 6 Probably MOTM in the first half with a miraculous goalsaving tackle and some good allround work. But Second half seemed to want to give the ball away constantly and at fault for the goal.
Hanlon 6 Improved as the game went on after his slip in the first half.
McGivern 7
Stevenson 8 Outstanding workrate and completely snuffed out Hayes first half. Also dealt well with the other winger when they switched.

Clancy 6 He's capable of better than he played today. Seemed to disappear second half.
Claros 8 Loves a sliding tackle, reminds me more and more of Boozy as the weeks go by.
Taiwo 6 Unlucky with a nice shot second half, but he doesnt offer the destructive power Deegan does.
Wotherspoon 6

Doyle 5 Aside from one great shot first half, i though he was poor today. Completely dominated by the Aberdeen defenders in the air and his normal good link up play wasnt working either. Rightly subbed.
Griffiths 8 The usual outstanding display, against any other keeper would have scored. MOTM.

The ref was good, probably favoured us slightly in most 50/50s, although gave a free kick against McGivern at the edge of the box when it was McGivern who had been assaulted, bizarre decision. Really bouncing atmosphere second half with both sets of fans on good form. We are missing three first of our most important first teamers, Deegan Clancy and McPake, so when they're back fit im confident we can get out of this mini-blip:flag:

hibee_girl
24-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Williams 7 - didn't have too much to do

Maybury 6 - blew hot and cold today, fantastic tackle in 1st half
McGivern 8 - my MOTM, if it wasn't for him today could have been a lot worse
Hanlon 7 - few mistakes
Stevenson 7 - coped well

Spoony 6 - his worst game for a while, he had the best chance of the whole game and wasted it taking too many touches
Taiwo 6 - not great
Claros 7 - best midfielder but should have tracked back for the goal
Cairney 6 - good in the first half, barely noticed him in the 2nd

Doyle 6 - fantastic shot in the 1st, faded in the 2nd
Griffiths 8 - unlucky not to score today, had 2 cracking efforts.

Frogga
24-11-2012, 05:16 PM
I thought we deserved at least a point from that, and there were some good performances out there.

Williams 7 Didnt have much to do but some good punches out from crossed balls. Never looked like conceding.

Maybury 6 Probably MOTM in the first half with a miraculous goalsaving tackle and some good allround work. But Second half seemed to want to give the ball away constantly and at fault for the goal.
Hanlon 6 Improved as the game went on after his slip in the first half.
McGivern 7
Stevenson 8 Outstanding workrate and completely snuffed out Hayes first half. Also dealt well with the other winger when they switched.

Clancy 6 He's capable of better than he played today. Seemed to disappear second half.
Claros 8 Loves a sliding tackle, reminds me more and more of Boozy as the weeks go by.
Taiwo 6 Unlucky with a nice shot second half, but he doesnt offer the destructive power Deegan does.
Wotherspoon 6

Doyle 5 Aside from one great shot first half, i though he was poor today. Completely dominated by the Aberdeen defenders in the air and his normal good link up play wasnt working either. Rightly subbed.
Griffiths 8 The usual outstanding display, against any other keeper would have scored. MOTM.

The ref was good, probably favoured us slightly in most 50/50s, although gave a free kick against McGivern at the edge of the box when it was McGivern who had been assaulted, bizarre decision. Really bouncing atmosphere second half with both sets of fans on good form. We are missing three first of our most important first teamers, Deegan Clancy and McPake, so when they're back fit im confident we can get out of this mini-blip:flag:

I can't really fault your assessment.

3pm
24-11-2012, 05:18 PM
I can't really fault your assessment.

Apart from that Clancy was playing.

Pretty Boy
24-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Williams 6 - not a lot to do, couple of good punches and takes from.crosses.

Maybury 6 - one good tackle, lot of misplaced passes.
Hanlon 6 - so so
McGivern 8 - MOTM for me, solid.
Stevenson 7 - done well.

Wotherspoon 6 - frustrating today.
Taiwo 6 - game seems to pass him by at times, few good challenges.
Claros 7 - great pass for Doyles volley, got stuck in. Drifted in and out a bit.
Cairney 6 - hot and cold, drifted right out the game in the 2nd half

Doyle 5 - nothing really came off for him today, kept working hard though.
Gtiffiths 7 - some great runs and attacking play. Few bad decisions and poor passes as well though.

LaMotta
24-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Thought Wotherspoon was good today, would give him at least a seven

SneakersO'Toole
24-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Claros was the best player on the park. Closely followed by McGirven. Honouravble mentions to Stevenson and Griffiths for their workrate.

Bar a couple of incidents, Doyle and Wotherspoon were poor and should have been hooked sooner.

Aberdeen were average at best IMO. Their strikers are honking and except the good wide players they have in Hayes and McGinn (who were both quiet today) then they would mid table fodder. They can count themselves lucky to have taken 3 points today.

wookie70
24-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Their goal came through Wotherspoon not tracking. He took a chance and it cost us. I was screaming at him as from the FF stand you could see it all open up and Spoony just let the boy go at the wrong time, schoolboy stuff. We were unlucky today I thought. Must keep Leigh as he is 90% of out threat.

McGivern or Leigh for MOTM for me. Leigh really needs players closer to him more often.

Emerald
24-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Thought Doyle was poor today, we need someone up front who can win headers. Not blaming him for the defeat but just didn't put it about like a front player should. Needs to be a bit harder for the SPL.

Devilstorment
24-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Take a point off McGirven for that obscene shot from about 45 yards!!

Wotherspoon frustrated the hell out of me today, should have been hooked earlier but Sproule wouldnt have done much better.

Stevenson in the first half was playing a blinder, best i have seen him in a long time.

Claros was good today as always, he is just pure class. did make a few errors however.

Leigh was his usual great self but with Doyle being off form he had too much to do by himself and just didnt get the luck he needed

overall i though we didnt deserve to lose, but equally didnt deserve to win...

hibsbollah
24-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Apart from that Clancy was playing.

Whoops :greengrin Cairney of course.

Brightside
24-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Fenlon very poor today. If its not working change early. Changes in 80+ minutes are pointless. Spoony was struggling last 30 mins. Doyle also looked short of pace in the last 30. On the other hand the boy Fallon for Aberdeen should have been off for constantly leading with the elbow.

With the current 11 the full backs simply arent supporting the attack.

truehibernian
24-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Fenlon very poor today. If its not working change early. Changes in 80+ minutes are pointless. Spoony was struggling last 30 mins. Doyle also looked short of pace in the last 30. On the other hand the boy Fallon for Aberdeen should have been off for constantly leading with the elbow.

With the current 11 the full backs simply arent supporting the attack.

You make a very valid point regards the full backs mate, I'd agree totally with that.

Please, please, please Pat, if Santa is good to us, can we please have a really good wide player with bags of pace and creativity.

Brightside
24-11-2012, 06:21 PM
You make a very valid point regards the full backs mate, I'd agree totally with that.

Please, please, please Pat, if Santa is good to us, can we please have a really good wide player with bags of pace and creativity.

You just cant have full backs that are scared to get forward and overlap, its basic stuff. You could see Maybury getting to the half way line and just stopping dead. It was weird to watch but he's obviously not got the pace any more. Our back 4 was just far too flat. Onwards!

leithsansiro
24-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Honouravble mentions to Stevenson and Griffiths for their workrate.

And who'd have thought that last year, given how often people described him as a mediocre player?

hibsbollah
24-11-2012, 06:50 PM
And who'd have thought that last year, given how often people described him as a mediocre player?

Really? He was players POTY last season. I think its well accepted by 90% of fans that last season was his best yet, and hes a useful squad player to keep the starting defenders and midfielders on their toes :agree:

Devilstorment
24-11-2012, 06:51 PM

was he not Hibs' player of the year last year? (not that there was much to pick from!!)

Billy Whizz
24-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I thought the players who did well were
Williams, although nothing to do
McGivern, it's good to have some pace
Stevenson, thought did really well
Cairney, 1st half
Claros
Griffiths

I though most of the rest tried hard? Without too much real quality today

gegs70
24-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I thought our passing was a little off today and sometimes we would pass the ball rather than shoot or shoot rather than pass. Griffiths was best today he was lively and quick footed.

Doyle was a little of the pace today, maybe we should have put sproule on although mccormacj did ok with little time its had to see what kuqi offers?

J-C
24-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Williams....little to do and no chance with goal 7
Maybury...good 1st then horrible 2nd, legs have gone 6
Hanlon...frustrating as ever, 2/3 decent header and challenges, then another bloop, always seems to need senior player beside him 6
McGivern...solid and comfortable on the ball 7
Stevenson...good game, looked solid and good ball distribution, I know he prefers midfield but looks decent at LB 8

Cairney...great 1st then anonymous 2nd 6
Taiwo...tidy enough and did simple things well, too similar to Claros for the to play in same team 6
Claros...strolled through the game once more, pure class, always plays with head up looking for next pass 8
Wotherspoon...keeps cutting infield and exposes the left back by not being there, one too many dribbles with head down and zero pace 5

Doyle...can't jump, has no pace and 1st touch at times is shocking, back up at best 4
Griffiths...great 1st touch, holds ball up well and always looks like something might happen when he has the ball, on another day would've got a goal 8

Fenlon...when will he ever realise that subs are part of the game and when certain players are struggling he is allowed to use them and before the 85th minute also 5

mim
24-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Hibs showed today that they are a much better side than Aberdeen, which I think is important. :agree:

Williams - 7 not much to do.
Maybury - 6 some good some bad
McGivern - 8 quality that we can't dream of affording
Hanlon - 6 adequate
Stevenson - 7 good showing
Wotherspoon - 6 disappointing, but still a big improvement on last season.
Taiwo - 4 poor performance
Claros - 8 more quality that we might just be able to keep?
Cairney - 7 not a lot came off, but he tried his heart out
Doyle - 5 not a great show, but he tries.
Griffiths - 9 the lad is pure class and, with any luck, would have won us the match on his own.

.Sean.
24-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Really dissaponted with Doyle.

Golden Bear
24-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Really dissaponted with Doyle.

Not good today but too many aimless long balls lumped roughly in his direction.

thebakerboy
24-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Got to disagree with a lot of people tonight , Doyle worked his socks off today and its not his fault he isn't 6'2" and comes up against big centre halves every week and Williams keeps sending high balls in his direction. Also thought he was knackered after about 65mins. and should have been replaced earlier and that would have given Caldwell more time to get up to pace and influence the game. Much as I think Fenlon is doing a great job sometimes we have to criticise him for not making changes sooner.

hibs supporter
24-11-2012, 09:36 PM
i know this is for hibs players but i have to give langfield 10 he was class today

Emerald
25-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Got to disagree with a lot of people tonight , Doyle worked his socks off today and its not his fault he isn't 6'2" and comes up against big centre halves every week and Williams keeps sending high balls in his direction. Also thought he was knackered after about 65mins. and should have been replaced earlier and that would have given Caldwell more time to get up to pace and influence the game. Much as I think Fenlon is doing a great job sometimes we have to criticise him for not making changes sooner.

He is 6' tall though and for me is very poor in the air. Its not even the bit about winning headers thats my problem, for me he doesn't put in a credable challenge for one. He kind of pretends to jump for it.