PDA

View Full Version : For those who were not there today...

Fergus52
24-11-2012, 05:12 PM
... and for all our resident doom and gloomers.

hibs were by far the better team today. We were nothing special, but aberdeen were gash. We created alot of chances, but got no breaks and had some poor decision making in the final third.

Also, the bbc stats are completely false, don't even bother looking. They say that hibs only had 3 shots on target the whole match, but I counted at least 6 or 7.

S.sct
24-11-2012, 05:16 PM

hibs were by far the better team today. We were nothing special, but aberdeen were gash. We created alot of chances, but got no breaks and had some poor decision making in the final third.

Also, the bbc stats are completely false, don't even bother looking. They say that hibs only had 3 shots on target the whole match, but I counted at least 6 or 7.

Yip, didn't deserve to loose today and have played worse and lost. Heads up and on to the next one.

Tricla
24-11-2012, 05:24 PM

The BBC updates are useless. They say we had 3 shots on target but their match report mentions at least 5 saves by langfield. We were by far the better team today and were unlucky to take nothing from the game.

Mikeystewart
24-11-2012, 05:26 PM
A draw would have been disappointing but to loose is gutting, have to focus on the positives though, we played very well with injuries to three key players against arguably the second best squad in the league and thoroughly deserved to win. With ICT doing us a favor at park head we are still within one point of of the top so every cloud etc.

And Fallon has the cheek to call Hibs a 1 man team with McGinn scoring...again.

Hibercelona
24-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Football isn't about what you deserve, its about what you do.

We didn't score today and we allowed them to. Thats the difference between winning and losing in football.

Nothing to do with what you deserve.

fife hfc
24-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I thought aberdeen were one of the poorest away teams I have seen at Easter Road (attacking wise) this season and they owe a huge thanks to Langfield for getting them the points. As said above we were not fantastic but played nearly all the football on show and it just shows that even though you're second best and not threatening at all, if the opposition don't take their opportunities then you always have a chance.

I do feel we are missing Mcpake and Deegan big time. Both are leaders and we have not got that in the team at this moment.

iwasthere1972
24-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Problem now is that the teams below us have made up ground and there are only 6 points that separate Celtic and 8th place Kilmarnock. We need to get back to winning ways on Wednesday in Perth in which could prove a tough fixture. A win on Wednesday would be a big confidence boost ahead of our game against the maroon taxdodgers.

:flag: :flag:

magpie1892
24-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Yip, didn't deserve to loose today and have played worse and lost. Heads up and on to the next one.

We've played worse and won, as well.

SaulGoodman
24-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Was an entertaining game, sure beats last season, win or lose.

fife hfc
24-11-2012, 05:40 PM
I thought aberdeen were one of the poorest away teams I have seen at Easter Road (attacking wise) this season and they owe a huge thanks to Langfield for getting them the points. As said above we were not fantastic but played nearly all the football on show and it just shows that even though you're second best and not threatening at all, if the opposition don't take their opportunities then you always have a chance.

I do feel we are missing Mcpake and Deegan big time. Both are leaders and we have not got that in the team at this moment.

#FromTheCapital
24-11-2012, 05:40 PM
We were the better team today but didn't take our chances and paid for it. Think pat told the players to shoot on sight today obviously hoping that clangfield would have his usual **** up, it didn't work unfortunately. The ref was an absolute joke today, gave us nothing which didn't help. Disappointed to say the least but I think we'l bounce back from this and no better way to do so than by pumping the pink fairies next weekend.

Ell_Chrisso
24-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Still can't believe we lost. Not seen such a poor SPL team this season bar Aberdeen. Complete hoof ball team with little talent. Daylight robbery

Sylar
24-11-2012, 05:45 PM

We didn't score today and we allowed them to. Thats the difference between winning and losing in football.

Nail on head.

Ell_Chrisso
24-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Nail on head.

Very true, but it will save half of the knee jerk reactions. There isn't reason to worry about a collapse because we were the superior team. They were nothing short of sh**e

Onion
24-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Still can't believe we lost. Not seen such a poor SPL team this season bar Aberdeen. Complete hoof ball team with little talent. Daylight robbery

Yip, thought the Dons were as bad a side as any we've seen at ER and could have played all day and not scored. Their one and only shot on target came after 77 mins and ivolved at least 3 lucky breaks. The guy who scored could not believe his luck when the ball fell at his feet 8 yrds out.

We were very unlucky to loooooooooose.

ScottB
24-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I thought we created a lot of chances, but some players, notably Wotherspoon, seemed scared to shoot. We did enough that on another day we'd have won.

Maybury was again, pretty crap, too slow and makes mistakes. In general I wish we'd stop with the high balls, we gave away possession constantly. Also we seemed scared to break and counter attack, going slowly, passing back instead of trying to hit them.

McGivern was outstanding at the back though, dealt with everything that came near him.

Pretty Boy
24-11-2012, 05:52 PM
It was fits and starts for me today. When we get the ball down and play we are capable of some good stuff but we have a tendency to go towards long balls too often imo. Some good football as I said but a lot of misplaced passes and poor decision making as well.

The goal we lost was cheap, from Wotherspoon not tracking back after his own misplaced pass to Claros and Maybury allowing the cross in so easily it was a catalogue of errors. On another day we could have had 4 or 5 but Aberdeen had about 2 clear cut chances and scored one of them and that's football sometimes.

GreenCastle
24-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Enjoyable game - gutted to lose but again we have to put into perspective where we were in May and last season.

Expectation levels have risen - which is fine but the support needs to continue to keep giving the team the great support it has been getting at home.

ER is a more exciting and entertaining place to go for the first time in several years and I would rather lose at home this week than next!

Today showed that without Newco in the league fans will come and the product can be exciting - the sheep fans came in reasonable numbers filling the lower team of the South Stand and it's just a shame not other SPL teams fill up the away stand more often.

Keep the faith - we are still improving every week!

monktonharp
24-11-2012, 05:53 PM

Nothing to do with what you deserve.that's crap. we played far better than them, their goalie saved 5 at least,we should have had a penalty, their No 9 was a cheating dirty ****bag and lucky to stay on the pitch,............need I go on? we did not deserve to lose today. end of

Hibercelona
24-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Very true, but it will save half of the knee jerk reactions. There isn't reason to worry about a collapse because we were the superior team. They were nothing short of sh**e

Sorry, but "superior teams" are teams that grind out results, even when they're poor. Thats why Aberdeen are now sitting where they are.

If we can't start scoring goals again and we continue to concede cheap goals in almost every game, then we'll have plenty to worry about.

We have to be capable of getting the job done, regardless of how we play.

monktonharp
24-11-2012, 05:54 PM

Nothing to do with what you deserve.that's crap. we played far better than them, their goalie saved 5 at least,we should have had a penalty, their No 9 was a cheating dirty ****bag and lucky to stay on the pitch,............need I go on? we did not deserve to lose today. sometimes the referee has a hand in things. end of

VickMackie
24-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Griffiths was excellent for most of the game but you could see he was getting frustrated. Doyle's volley in the first half was a beauty. Had him as first goalscorer aswell.

Despite not getting a goal today it's clear we need griffiths or we'll become average instead of above average just now.

Need a victory next week to get back on track.

VickMackie
24-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Anyone know what nutsy was spoken to the ref for?

hibee_girl
24-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't think we were by far the better team, we were poor in all areas but midfield especially.

I think if it wasn't for McGivern we would have come off a lot worse today.

SaulGoodman
24-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Anyone know what nutsy was spoken to the ref for?

Because the ref is a grade 1 ********

Hibercelona
24-11-2012, 05:58 PM
that's crap. we played far better than them, their goalie saved 5 at least,we should have had a penalty, their No 9 was a cheating dirty ****bag and lucky to stay on the pitch,............need I go on? we did not deserve to lose today. sometimes the referee has a hand in things. end of

Number of chances don't win games, taking them does.

Aberdeen took their chance when it came along, we took none of ours.

Thats why we lost. It's not crap. It's just what happened.

Ryan91
24-11-2012, 06:00 PM
We played well, but Langfield had a stormer in goals for the Dons today and kept us from scoring for the first time since the first day of the season. We had plenty of chances but some poor decisions were made at time, didn't see much of Cairney today which disappointed me as he's good at creating chances.

marleyhib
24-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Not a great performance today but certainly not a bad one.

Aberdeen were crap and there for the taking. Only Fallon caused us a few problems in the second half.

We showed a lack of composure in front of goal and were a bit elaborate at times.

We wouldn't have lost if Clancy and McPake had been fit, thought Maybury had a poor game and McGivern struggled a bit at CH. Really shows that we lack strength in depth.

#FromTheCapital
24-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Because the ref is a grade 1 ********

This.

How that prick makes a living out of being a 'professional' referee I'll never know. Terrible performance from him, made craig Thomson look like a hibee.

dmc1875
24-11-2012, 06:04 PM
We played well, but Langfield had a stormer in goals for the Dons today and kept us from scoring for the first time since the first day of the season. We had plenty of chances but some poor decisions were made at time, didn't see much of Cairney today which disappointed me as he's good at creating chances.

Agreed. I thought we played pretty well and Aberdeen were just utilised Fallon cause he is the size of a moose when he came on. I didnt think they were at the races.

I just hope the heads dont go down. We have played much worse this season and won...

ShanksSaidNo
24-11-2012, 06:17 PM

It's a results business.

yeezus.
24-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I reckon we'll draw with them in the Cup and I'll miss two PBS derby's.

SquashedFrogg
24-11-2012, 06:30 PM
that's crap. we played far better than them, their goalie saved 5 at least,we should have had a penalty, their No 9 was a cheating dirty ****bag and lucky to stay on the pitch,............need I go on? we did not deserve to lose today. sometimes the referee has a hand in things. end of

Happened to think the ref had a good game today. In fact I'd go as far as to say he's been the best ref at ER for as long as I can remember.

We've also won a few matches at home this season that perhaps we didn't deserve to so all in I can't be too upset. Last season we'd have been beaten easily but today showed that we have come a long way in a short time.

I do wish Pat would send on a few subs a bit earlier in matches though. Sparky was knackered for the last 10/15 minutes. Fresh legs were required IMO.

crash
24-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Aberdeen were pretty poor and did not deserve to leave with 3 points, however they did take the only clear cut chance in the game courtesy of a gift from our defence.Hibs will have to drop the hoofball (Russell Anderson will have a sore head tonight due to heading clear so many times)and get the ball to forwards feet next week or Webster and Zaliukas will have the cigars out if we adopt todays tactics.

SquashedFrogg
24-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Aberdeen were pretty poor and did not deserve to leave with 3 points, however they did take the only clear cut chance in the game courtesy of a gift from our defence.Hibs will have to drop the hoofball (Russell Anderson will have a sore head tonight due to heading clear so many times)and get the ball to forwards feet next week or Webster and Zaliukas will have the cigars out if we adopt todays tactics.

Agreed... Why we persist on lumping it forward to Griffiths & Doyle I don't know...

I like what Doyle gives to the team but he's not designed to be a 'target man' who wins flick-ons or out-muscles defenders.

Play the ball on the deck quickly and we can cut teams open. Lump it forward and it just comes straight back at us.

lucky
24-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Thought we played well and did not deserve to lose. If we had won by 3 it would have been fairer

fatbloke
24-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Thought we played well and did not deserve to lose. If we had won by 3 it would have been fairer

Totally agree... however, we have nobody in the middle of the park who can get a grip of a game and stamp authority on it. That is one area right now we are lacking and that is making our task all the harder.

Craig_in_Prague
24-11-2012, 06:57 PM
We played some nice passes in the 1st half ..mainly down the left, Cairney is cool and clever on the ball.. I can see why Pat sometimes moves him inside behind strikers.. anyway we didnt stay patient enough for me, too often we cheaply gave it away. Also nearly every time we did get into a reasonably dangerous position we generally chose wrong option and when we did shoot, it was quite poorly executed.
Had a nippy feeling they'd steal it and to see it unfold and happen really was frustrating.
Dont think we played as well as we did against Utd at home but we need to keep playing the ball on the deck, we look decent and nearly all players are useful with it too when on the ground, Pat needs to get them trusting in it more and I am sure better results will come if so.
Big games coming up, so no time for sulking and lets try get something from a very hard away game in Perth.

big gogs
24-11-2012, 07:02 PM
a decent penalty shout in the last minute

Malthibby
24-11-2012, 07:05 PM
The Aberdeen goalie kept them in the game & the goal was the only shot I remember them having on target.
We have played more poorly & won; we are still only a point off the top, get a result in Perth & we wil be up & running again.
In the meantime, well down Inverness.
GG

matty_f
24-11-2012, 07:15 PM
I enjoyed the game and thought we played pretty well. We were definitely the better team and I don't think we ever really looked in any danger. I was surprised at how dirty a team the sheep were, though.

mad giraffe
24-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Today was my first game at the san Siro this season. Like many I gave became fed up of paying silly prices to watch a piss poor team.

Even though we lost today I was really pleased with performance. We were by far the better team, had some fantastic performances. whilst we are by no means perfect and can and hopefully will improve a lot I enjoyed watching us today. I will certainly be back to watch them and after watching the tax dodgers earlier we have great opportunity next week.

Disappointed with result but not performance or attitude

ballengeich
24-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I thought it was a fairly even game with defences generally on top It could have gone either way but unfortunately the decisive mistake was ours. Aberdeen also had the two best chances of the game when McGinn in the first half and Fallon in the second sent free headers over the bar. While Langfield had some good saves I didn't actually think any of them you wouldn't expect a premier division keep to make as we didn't make any clear close-range chances. The visitors were very organised and I think Brown got the better of Fenlon today by concentrating on defending against our wide players as the central midfield carry little attacking threat. Over the season I expect both these teams to be near the top chasing Celtic.

Famous5forever
24-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Next 2 games are must wins or our season is over win them and its game on Big Time:flag: We can do it lets get right behind the team.:aok:

AlbertK86
24-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Not a great performance today but certainly not a bad one.

Aberdeen were crap and there for the taking. Only Fallon caused us a few problems in the second half.

We showed a lack of composure in front of goal and were a bit elaborate at times.

We wouldn't have lost if Clancy and McPake had been fit, thought Maybury had a poor game and McGivern struggled a bit at CH. Really shows that we lack strength in depth.

Have to disagree about McGivern ... To me he was the best player on the park

Thought we deserved the three points as we dominated the game from start to finish

Full backs were both poor for me. Too often they ran alongside their opponent without putting in a tackle or a block. Same last week when Stevenson let the cross in far too easily for a goal.

Never got any breaks at all today.

Hopefully get a win on wed night to lift the confidence before Sunday

#FromTheCapital
24-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Happened to think the ref had a good game today. In fact I'd go as far as to say he's been the best ref at ER for as long as I can remember.

We've also won a few matches at home this season that perhaps we didn't deserve to so all in I can't be too upset. Last season we'd have been beaten easily but today showed that we have come a long way in a short time.

I do wish Pat would send on a few subs a bit earlier in matches though. Sparky was knackered for the last 10/15 minutes. Fresh legs were required IMO.

You must have been watching a different game from me then. The ref was shocking gave us absolutely nothing including what looked to me like a stone wall penalty in the dying minutes, although il need to see the replay. The main reason we lost was because we didn't take our chances but this clown did not help in any way. And to say he's been the best ref at ER in ages just deserves a face palm....

Hibrandenburg
24-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Have to disagree with that. Football is not syncronised swimming, you don't get judged on your performance. All that counts is how many goals are scored.

HKhibby
24-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Sorry, but "superior teams" are teams that grind out results, even when they're poor. Thats why Aberdeen are now sitting where they are.

If we can't start scoring goals again and we continue to concede cheap goals in almost every game, then we'll have plenty to worry about.

absolutely right! thats 2 games in a row that we should have won, need to start scoring again, and it proves we need someone else at the back for cover for Mcpake (is he back anytime soon?), yes missing Deegan too, but thats football and thats injuries etc.., but yes right, we will have plenty to worry about, if we dont take advantage of games like this and Inverness, St Johnstone will be a hard game in the week, they are doing well and will be eying a win and hoping we give away cheap chances to them...next weekend is even biggar!...they will be looking at it as a way to distract them from the blink of oblivion!

Houchy
24-11-2012, 11:25 PM

I honestly can't think of a team that has gifted so many goals to their opposition as we have this season.
That defeat was hard to take.
I blame myself:agree: I've only seen us draw or lose this season when I've gone along:agree:
I think I'm just going to send Hibs a cheque for £25 every other week and stay away for the good of the team.:agree:

down-the-slope
24-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Was an entertaining game, sure beats last season, win or lose.

:agree:

Russell Anderson was total class all afternoon and strolled through match.

Jorge who I have stuck up for from the off is worth the admission alone. His craft workrate and tenacity are a joy.... we were better today than Well away...where we won 0-4...

loving this season and the closeness of it all.....:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
25-11-2012, 05:40 AM

On the same points as us, one behind Celtc. On your criteria for a "superior team", I guess that makes us one as well? We have ground out results this season. Yesterday we didn't. Other games, the sheep have not.

J-C
25-11-2012, 07:57 AM
I said to the guy sitting next to me that Aberdeens only threats were the ones we were giving them due to errors. We controlled most of the game and had at least 60% possession, just bad choices in the final 3rd was the difference in winning and losing today. I still fear for the defence though, without the leadership qualities of McPake, Hanlon reverts back to his bad old ways of making schoolboy errors and makes me nervous everytime the ball heads for him, nice lad he may be but still a very weak link in the team.

NOLA
25-11-2012, 08:06 AM

Spot on.

bigwheel
25-11-2012, 09:28 AM

Too simplistic a view for me this ...we will win more than we lose with performances like yesterday.

We lost a runner at their goal and paid the price. McGinn is a good player, ad will score goals wherever he is.. They are a decent SPL team despite what some say on this thread. And so are we, as long as we keep up that work rate we will score goals. I actually enjoyed the game , even though the result was disappointing

I'm glad we put in a decent shift yesterday - more of that and we will do well this season

Hibi
25-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Have to disagree with that. Football is not syncronised swimming, you don't get judged on your performance. All that counts is how many goals are scored.

Yep but as Mowbray used to say, if we perform like that every week then we'll win a lot more than we lose. Yes we got beat, and we don't want that to become a habit. But I'd still say that the performance of the team was better than anything from last year.

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2012, 11:17 AM
The game yesterday looked like a first goal is the winner game after half an hour. The first half was pretty even, but Hibs were the better team in the second half.

Some bad decision making, poor control and lack of accurate shooting in the second half especially stopped us from getting a result in what was a pretty enjoyable match.

For me the fact that we are having to play Stevenson at RB and Maybury at LB is costing us. Nothing against either player I just dont think they are as good as Clancy at RB or McGivern at LB. Unfortunately I am beginning to hear the expression 'unseen work' whenever somebody mentions Taiwo.

As for the ref ... I dont think he was that bad, he did miss a handball in the Aberdeen box near the end, either that or he did see it and thought it was ball played man ... seen them given though.

Have to say that ... even though we werent that bad .... the Dundee result and the result yesterday have the ring of same old, same old from Hibs ... The first was a game we should have been looking to win if we are serious about making any impact this season .... the second was the sort of game teams who are going to be up there at the business end of the season if not win, have to at least not lose.

We have failed in both objectives and now we face a tough trip to Perth, where without even bothering to look up the stats I am willing to bet we have a shocking record.

Then we face the Yams at ER.

My usual take on derby matches is that if Hibs managed to get Messi on loan before kick off and the Yams had to get a team up from folk who work on their Pie stalls and the ground staff they would still get a result at ER. Unfortunately I havnt seen anything lately to make me change that outlook.

Seen the 2nd half of their game with Motherwell and they should have lost, but they didnt .... they still have a decent back 4 and lets not forget that for at least a 3rd of their team this will be their last derby and one of the last games they will play for the Yams.

LeighLoyal
25-11-2012, 11:23 AM
:agree:

Russell Anderson was total class all afternoon and strolled through match.

Jorge who I have stuck up for from the off is worth the admission alone. His craft workrate and tenacity are a joy.... we were better today than Well away...where we won 0-4...

loving this season and the closeness of it all.....:greengrin

Totally agree, the guy was immense. Him and Griffiths are great to watch. I got my £22 worth even though we lost via a error. The Sheep were dogged, they're hard to score against just like Scotland were when Broon was boss.

lord bunberry
25-11-2012, 11:24 AM
The game yesterday looked like a first goal is the winner game after half an hour. The first half was pretty even, but Hibs were the better team in the second half.

Some bad decision making, poor control and lack of accurate shooting in the second half especially stopped us from getting a result in what was a pretty enjoyable match.

For me the fact that we are having to play Stevenson at RB and Maybury at LB is costing us. Nothing against either player I just dont think they are as good as Clancy at RB or McGivern at LB. Unfortunately I am beginning to hear the expression 'unseen work' whenever somebody mentions Taiwo.

As for the ref ... I dont think he was that bad, he did miss a handball in the Aberdeen box near the end, either that or he did see it and thought it was ball played man ... seen them given though.

Have to say that ... even though we werent that bad .... the Dundee result and the result yesterday have the ring of same old, same old from Hibs ... The first was a game we should have been looking to win if we are serious about making any impact this season .... the second was the sort of game teams who are going to be up there at the business end of the season if not win, have to at least not lose.

We have failed in both objectives and now we face a tough trip to Perth, where without even bothering to look up the stats I am willing to bet we have a shocking record.

Then we face the Yams at ER.

My usual take on derby matches is that if Hibs managed to get Messi on loan before kick off and the Yams had to get a team up from folk who work on their Pie stalls and the ground staff they would still get a result at ER. Unfortunately I havnt seen anything lately to make me change that outlook.

Seen the 2nd half of their game with Motherwell and they should have lost, but they didnt .... they still have a decent back 4 and lets not forget that for at least a 3rd of their team this will be their last derby and one of the last games they will play for the Yams.

What a spectacularly negative way of looking at things

CraigHibee
25-11-2012, 02:28 PM
we had better chances on goal but wasted them, a shambles in defence led to their goal, wasn't too much between us to be honest but i dont think we deserved a deafeat however, its the team that stick the ball in the net that will win the game and we failed to do that