PDA

View Full Version : price of football

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2012, 12:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19981001

was it £3 for a pie at dens last week ? :shocked: that's some mark-up on profit surely :rolleyes:

alloa,forfar and albion rovers just £1

both manchester clubs £2.50 for a ****** cup o tea deary me :rolleyes:

Squealing pig
24-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Could go without pie and cup of tea tbh. But what abt the prices to get in !!

Sylar
24-11-2012, 12:23 PM

was it £3 for a pie at dens last week ? :shocked: that's some mark-up on profit surely :rolleyes:

Factor in the price to get into Dens (assuming you weren't fortunate enough to qualify for the concession option!), the cost of travelling up to Dundee (for a large majority) and I doubt it was a cheap day out for many folk.

The irony is, it was £3 for a pie and they only had one servery open...they had enough demand for food and drink (because it was perishingly cold by half time) and yet chose to lose out on money by not having both serveries open. The queues were quite ridiculous.

The people who provide Dundee with their pehs are the same people who provide them to Forfar and Arbroath!

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Factor in the price to get into Dens (assuming you weren't fortunate enough to qualify for the concession option!), the cost of travelling up to Dundee (for a large majority) and I doubt it was a cheap day out for many folk.

The irony is, it was £3 for a pie and they only had one servery open...they had enough demand for food and drink (because it was perishingly cold by half time) and yet chose to lose out on money by not having both serveries open. The queues were quite ridiculous.

The people who provide Dundee with their pehs are the same people who provide them to Forfar and Arbroath!

so that indeed must be a handsome profit for dundee, it's years since i bought a pie at any footy ground as i simply refuse to donate to their blatant profiteering :( that and the fact i'm far too impatient to wait in long queues

heretoday
24-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I always think the food and drink at matches is like on board an aircraft. It's a captive audience. Absurd prices for medium quality and not much of it.

hibee
24-11-2012, 12:52 PM

I don't buy food or drink at games and the kids take their own in with them so I don't really mind what they charge, maybe they should do one of these for tickets if it's not already been done, I took the kids to Old Trafford recently and it was cheaper to get them in to great seats there (£10 for members) than it is for Easter Road so I wouldn't mind paying the £2.50 for a tea!

The Falcon
24-11-2012, 01:38 PM
so that indeed must be a handsome profit for dundee, it's years since i bought a pie at any footy ground as i simply refuse to donate to their blatant profiteering :( that and the fact i'm far too impatient to wait in long queues

I suspect that Dundee, like others, contract out their catering facilities. As for the price, the company that does the catering obviously feels that people will pay this and the cost will be reflected in the amount they pay to Dundee for the contract.

Its also worth remembering that that TV revenues down south means that clubs are not entirely dependant on what they bring in from the fans. In a number of cases the income from match days is, while not quite insignificant, quite a small proportion of their overall income.

yeezus.
24-11-2012, 01:42 PM
I didn't manage to get a pie or a programme last week at Dens - the programm bit annoyed me more, I can't even get one on Ebay!

iwasthere1972
24-11-2012, 05:32 PM
A pie chart.

£1 for a pie seems too cheap and they must be buying it in at 30p or 40p. For that price there surely can't be much meat (or any) in it but if there is it must be poor quality meat.

TheEastTerrace
24-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Never mind the pehs £2.10 for a Bovril at ER, what's that all about?

iwasthere1972
24-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Never mind the pehs £2.10 for a Bovril at ER, what's that all about?

It's shocking. At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask whilst robbing you.

GreenCastle
24-11-2012, 05:38 PM
What are the prices for food / drink at ER ?

Never buy anything - always too expensive and doesn't look great ?:rolleyes:

Been moaning about this for a few years - surely not that hard to get something decent in at a fair price :confused:

fatbloke
24-11-2012, 05:42 PM
£7.50 for a hot dog, chips and a drink at ER. Dick Turpin is alive and well and doing catering for Hibs. Cannot believe our board stand by and let this go on. What an absolute disgrace the catering is. Plus all catering stands in East Stand closed at 4.05 pm and I only wanted a Bovril but was told they were closed:furious: Kept my £7.50 and for another 90p got 2 lovely meals at KFC. When o when will football clubs, especially in Scotland learn. Whinge over.

Gatecrasher
24-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Anyone tried the Burgers at ER this season :aok:

Devilstorment
24-11-2012, 05:48 PM
I always think the food and drink at matches is like on board an aircraft. It's a captive audience. Absurd prices for medium quality and not much of it.

:agree: exactly!

I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if the quality was a bit better.

Piqué
24-11-2012, 05:54 PM
The travel is the problem for me. 200 quid just to get to a game and that's before I buy a ticket! Been to 6 so far. Who's worried about an overpriced pie!?