PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibernian 0 v 1 Aberdeen

Pages : 1 [2]

Hibs7
24-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Usual pish being posted by the usual suspects on here - we played really well today and were quite simply unlucky, didn't get a single break.

Criticism of the team and Fenlon is nonsense.

Don't see any criticism of either ???

Bobo
24-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Very poor performance today against a honkin' Aberdeen team.

We were constantly last to every 2nd ball and allowed Aberdeen far too much time and space on the ball. Would have been better playing with 10 men for all that Wotherspoon offered the game, total he was a total waste of a jersey today and ultimately cost us the game.

Thought it was a poor Hibs crowd today butno surprise really. Results like last week and today against pish poor opposition aren't going to do much to swell crowds !!

Leishy1995
24-11-2012, 04:22 PM
12007 fans today, 10300+ hibs fans.

Stevie Reid
24-11-2012, 04:23 PM

We were constantly last to every 2nd ball and allowed Aberdeen far too much time and space on the ball. Would have been better playing with 10 men for all that Wotherspoon offered the game, total he was a total waste of a jersey today and ultimately cost us the game.

Thought it was a poor Hibs crowd today butno surprise really. Results like last week and today against pish poor opposition aren't going to do much to swell crowds !!

Absolute nonsense. Every word.

SaulGoodman
24-11-2012, 04:24 PM

I'm sorry did Wotherspoon run up and boot the ball into his own net to cost us the game?

Bobo
24-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Absolute nonsense. Every word.

Yeh like we created chance after chance where Wotherspoon put in a MOTM performance and was behind everything we did in front of a packed home support against one of europes finest teams.... nah thought not.

Leishy1995
24-11-2012, 04:29 PM
yeh like we created chance after chance where wotherspoon put in a motm performance and was behind everything we did in front of a packed home support against one of europes finest teams.... Nah thought not.

ltyf

SaulGoodman
Yeh like we created chance after chance where Wotherspoon put in a MOTM performance and was behind everything we did in front of a packed home support against one of europes finest teams.... nah thought not.

Get to ****.

col02
I think Aberden performed a smash and grab raid at ER today and even a point would have flattered them imho but three points just shows how unfair football can be at times. Like others I cannot remember Williams having to make a save today while Langfield was called into action several times.

Bobo
24-11-2012, 04:31 PM
ltyf

:LOL: knob head

trev the hat
24-11-2012, 04:33 PM

Do 1

Mikeystewart
24-11-2012, 04:33 PM

Don't feed the troll, I can tell your angry about the result, everyone is, but I haven't seen Hibs dominate a game like that in a long time and if we play like that every week we will win more than we loose. To suggest we played poorly is unbelievable and shows a poor understanding of our situation, considering where we have come from and where we are.

Thecat23
24-11-2012, 04:35 PM

Worst post on here in months, and that's saying something. Crowd was decent and if you think Spoony was a waste of space today I'm honestly going to question if you were really there.

Hibs as a team done well, nothing came off forums today. Claros again ran our midfield and if Griffiths had scored any of those chances we'd have won by a couple. Anyway your ripping the crowd and the team so for me your full of *****. SEE YA!

Bobo
24-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Worst post on here in months, and that's saying something. Crowd was decent and if you think Spoony was a waste of space today I'm honestly going to question if you were really there.

Hibs as a team done well, nothing came off forums today. Claros again ran our midfield and if Griffiths had scored any of those chances we'd have won by a couple. Anyway your ripping the crowd and the team so for me your full of *****. SEE YA!

I was there today as I have been at Easter Road for over the last 40 years, season ticked for over 30.

Wotherspoon's decision making is dreadful, passing far too erratic. He's admittedly better than last season but that wouldn't be hard... has a long way to go before he's anywhere near making a name for himself.

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 04:44 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzricweugX1qzj3tio2_500.gif

Mikeystewart
24-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I was there today as I have been at Easter Road for over the last 40 years, season ticked for over 30.

Wotherspoon's decision making is dreadful, passing far too erratic. He's admittedly better than last season but that wouldn't be hard... has a long way to go before he's anywhere near making a name for himself.

So who would you replace him with, if not in our team then what player should Hibs buy? and where would they get the money? Are you secretly a multi-millionaire? Highlighting his flaws and most likely going off your nut at him in the ground achieves nothing other than potentially damage any confidence he has built up, and your rant about the team's so called poor performance makes you come across as a bit of a roaster, regardless of how long you have had a season ticket.

Edit: He is clearly a very talented confidence player, so I see no other alternative than to either spend money we don't have getting someone better, or maybe... just maybe next time he makes a mistake give him a clap, shout "hard luck, keep your head up".

Sylar
24-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Their like loads of people in coats and scarfs sitting together in one big huddle

It wasn't funny the first time around.

Dinkydoo
24-11-2012, 04:49 PM
So who would you replace him with, if not in our team then what player should Hibs buy? and where would they get the money? Are you secretly a multi-millionaire? Highlighting his flaws and most likely going off your nut at him in the ground achieves nothing other than potentially damage any confidence he has built up, and your rant about the team's so called poor performance makes you come across as a bit of a roaster, regardless of how long you have had a season ticket.

Edit: He is clearly a very talented confidence player, so I see no other alternative than to either spend money we don't have getting someone better, or maybe... just maybe next time he makes a mistake give him a clap, shout "hard luck, keep your head up".

This.

Hiber-nation
24-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I really would not bother going back if you thought today was dreadful. Very unlucky today and we have played a lot worse and won this season. I'm not worried in the slightest about next week.

Emerald
24-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Typical Hibs v Aberdeen, they just seem to get lucky against us. Although a huge dissapointment at least we come away thinking we should have had all three points. Trouble is we have another two very difficult games in the next week and on the back of the last two defeats we don't wan't all the good confidence gained knocked out of the team. A bit worried TBH. :worried:

Bobo
24-11-2012, 04:58 PM

Out of our current squad, I'd say when Deegan is fit Spoony should drop to the bench but that's my opinion, ultimately it's up to the manager.

We didn't dominate today as much as some would like to think, I'd wager that we didn't have much more possession, if any, than the Dons? Other than a couple of speculative attempts from Sparky I can't really think of very many constructive attempts we had during the game to be honest.

cocopops1875
24-11-2012, 04:59 PM

Im Not siding with Bobo But Claros was well off the pace today 1 or 2 wee bits but nothing like the player we have seen in recent weeks IMHO:agree:

Jones28
24-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Do 1

Do 2 I reckon :agree:

SaulGoodman
24-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Out of our current squad, I'd say when Deegan is fit Spoony should drop to the bench but that's my opinion, ultimately it's up to the manager.

We didn't dominate today as much as some would like to think, I'd wager that we didn't have much more possession, if any, than the Dons? Other than a couple of speculative attempts from Sparky I can't really think of very many constructive attempts we had during the game to be honest.
Doyle volley saved, Griffiths shot saved, Griffiths overhead kick saved, last ditch tackle from Aberdeen player.

Just off the top of my head. We had plenty.

Kato
24-11-2012, 05:04 PM

You'd replace an attacking option with a defensive one. Balance in the midfield has been pretty good so far, having Cairney as our only attacking option would be asking a lot of him.

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2012, 05:07 PM

You'd lose your wager then as we had 58% possession, Langfield made 2 or 3 excellent saves, and their only shot on target was due to an error in the box

Onion
24-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Im Not siding with Bobo But Claros was well off the pace today 1 or 2 wee bits but nothing like the player we have seen in recent weeks IMHO:agree:

Wow, just shows you. I thought Claros was excellent today breaking up play, chasing down everything in the middle of the park and looks a completely different player to last season.

Bottom line is, Hibs were incredibly unlucky and Aberdeen stole all 3 points.

The slight worry for me is that AFC play much like the Yams - built around a solid defence, soak up pressure and sucker punch the Hibs when we can't get the breakthrough. Need JMcP back midweek and fit for Sunday.

Bobo
24-11-2012, 05:09 PM
You'd lose your wager then as we had 58% possession, Langfield made 2 or 3 excellent saves, and their only shot on target was due to an error in the box

Not what it says here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20374691

TheEastTerrace
24-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Langfield made some excellent stops and as Pat alluded to, some of our decision making in the final third wasn't up to much today. Felt we deserved at least a draw and I thought the sheep ticklers were nowt special.

Having McPake and Clancy back would be a big boost and the midfield misses Deegan.

PeeJay
24-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Usual pish being posted by the usual suspects on here - we played really well today and were quite simply unlucky, didn't get a single break.

Criticism of the team and Fenlon is nonsense.

Generally enjoyed the game - thought we were poor first half - the only real danger from us came from shots outside the box - we created little overall IMO. 2nd half we were better, and we really deserved to take something from the game because of several good opportunities we had. They had very few, but they took one, unllike our team.

Mainly disappointed in the "tactic" of Williams/Hanlon or anybody at the back really, punting the ball forward in the air to guys totally unable to win headers either because they're too small or more worryingly because they seemed unable to time their jumps properly - lost count of the times we were second to the ball.

We played well overall however, and IMO if we had taken our chances we would have won comfortably, but there is still much wrong with this team - no sense in glossing over it. The defensive blunders leading to their goal seemed anything but "unlucky" to me - that alone is worthy of criticism, surely?

And as to criticising Fenlon - he should forget the Kuqi chappie and use the youngsters IMO as subs. Otherwise, he's doing a fine job overall, but to suggest he is beyond criticism is a mistake - IMO.

We missed a great opportunity today with Celtic losing...

Bobo
24-11-2012, 05:17 PM
You'd replace an attacking option with a defensive one. Balance in the midfield has been pretty good so far, having Cairney as our only attacking option would be asking a lot of him.

If Wotherspoon continues to perform as he did today Fenlon won't have much choice unless he plays the likes of Stanton although IMO he's not ready yet.

Spoony needs to be more consistant in his performances .. when good he's an asset but there's unfortunately too many performances like todays. He's a young lad but has a lot of first team experience now and has to make telling contributions on a more regular basis.

SaulGoodman
24-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Not what it says here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20374691

Relying on the BBC stats is almost as bad as relying on your Jambo supporting Dad for a Christmas present.

truehibernian
24-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Aberdeen were without three important players too today.

Hibs squad frailties are there for all to see. You can blame misfortune, bad luck and poor decision making all day long - fact is Aberdeen took all 3 points and the chance to go top again is lost.

Hibs are too one dimensional these last two or three games, sit off men too often and lack real midfield drive and creativity.

My thoughts are we'll take nothing up at Perth as Lomas has Saints playing good football and they have a very strong midfield. They press the game.

Last two games have shown me there is still huge huge work to do at Easter Road - take out the leaders (James, Deegan and Clancy) and you're left with a side who need direction again. Players I'd expect to step up to the plate aren't - couple of young players thrown in might rattle a couple of cages in my opinion.

Hiber-nation
24-11-2012, 05:21 PM
If Wotherspoon continues to perform as he did today Fenlon won't have much choice unless he plays the likes of Stanton although IMO he's not ready yet.

Spoony needs to be more consistant in his performances .. when good he's an asset but there's unfortunately too many performances like todays. He's a young lad but has a lot of first team experience now and has to make telling contributions on a more regular basis.

Are you seriously saying that Spoony should be dropped? I'm basically lost for words.

Hibi
24-11-2012, 05:21 PM

Absolute nonsense. We were the better team for the majority of the game. Thought we won most of the second balls and frequently regained possession from the opposition. Claros and Taiwo were excellent in the centre and dominated over them. As we pushed for the goal it became open and with the pace they had there was always an opportunity for them. That's the breaks, today it didn't go for us, but as Mowbray used to say if we perform like that we'll win a lot more than we lose.

Only worry for me was maybury, never looked comfortable today. The sooner Clancy is back the better.

Kato
24-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Don't feed the troll, I can tell your angry about the result, everyone is, but I haven't seen Hibs dominate a game like that in a long time and if we play like that every week we will win more than we loose. To suggest we played poorly is unbelievable and shows a poor understanding of our situation, considering where we have come from and where we are.

We're 16-17 games into rebuilding from the utter cack of the last few seasons. That early results like the last two will come along. More interested in how we stand a year from now. From what I've seen so far we can get stronger.

Kato
24-11-2012, 05:47 PM
If .....

What if if doesn't happen?

Mikeystewart
24-11-2012, 05:49 PM

You would have Deegan in right midfield? :shocked:

Pedantic_Hibee
24-11-2012, 05:52 PM
If we'd drawn that game we'd feel hard done by. So to lose it is a bit galling.

To those who weren't there and are moaning, beat it.

I've seen us play worse and win. We weren't brilliant today but we were a far better side than Aberdeen. Credit to them, they scored and we failed to but we did more than enough to win that game.

Roll on the next game. Good to see the majority of the fans clapping the team off the park at full-time as well.

LeighLoyal
24-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Very unlucky today I thought, Aberdeen were not threatening at all until agent Maybury gifted them the goal. We should have won it though. :rolleyes: With Celtic losing it just hurts a bit more.

Bobo
24-11-2012, 05:59 PM
You would have Deegan in right midfield? :shocked:

Where did I say that?

Famous5forever
24-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Kuqi needs more game time to show us what he has got to offer LG is gone in January so why not introduce Kuqi now into the team Paddy signed him and his pedigree is good.
From all acounts we were mugged today and progress has been made this season if we lose the next 2 games i will be back in post cup final mode though just sayin

cocopops1875
24-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Kuqi needs more game time to show us what he has got to offer LG is gone in January so why not introduce Kuqi now into the team Paddy signed him and his pedigree is good.
From all acounts we were mugged today and progress has been made this season if we lose the next 2 games i will be back in post cup final mode though just sayin

FACT ?:confused:

Famous5forever
24-11-2012, 06:20 PM
FACT ?:confused:

Paddy said in the Evening News we not got the 150k needed to sign LG:confused:

Hibs7
24-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Aberdeen were without three important players too today.

Hibs squad frailties are there for all to see. You can blame misfortune, bad luck and poor decision making all day long - fact is Aberdeen took all 3 points and the chance to go top again is lost.

Hibs are too one dimensional these last two or three games, sit off men too often and lack real midfield drive and creativity.

My thoughts are we'll take nothing up at Perth as Lomas has Saints playing good football and they have a very strong midfield. They press the game.

Last two games have shown me there is still huge huge work to do at Easter Road - take out the leaders (James, Deegan and Clancy) and you're left with a side who need direction again. Players I'd expect to step up to the plate aren't - couple of young players thrown in might rattle a couple of cages in my opinion.

And Hibs were without McPake, Clancy and Deegan, a totally different team with those three available.

Hibs7
24-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Kuqi is crap. End off

thebakerboy
24-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Wolves manager in paper today saying he has not given up on Sparky but has been keeping his eye on his scoring exploits for Hibs but what that means for us I do not know.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Wolves manager in paper today saying he has not given up on Sparky but has been keeping his eye on his scoring exploits for Hibs but what that means for us I do not know.

anyone else spot the mind games by both managers

theonlywayisup
24-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Not bothered to read what has been written so far, but I assume that there is a few stating "not good enough, were were poor".

Whilst I am disappointed we lost, I am encouraged by what I saw. I have always felt that this season, after so many poor seasons, is all about making us difficult to be beat. We were not over run today, we were not out played, they went with a team of giants lumping balls forward and we dealt with it well. Unfortunately, for one split second we went to sleep.

Onwards and upwards. We are on the road to recovery.

Craig_in_Prague
24-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Not bothered to read what has been written so far, but I assume that there is a few stating "not good enough, were were poor".

Whilst I am disappointed we lost, I am encouraged by what I saw. I have always felt that this season, after so many poor seasons, is all about making us difficult to be beat. We were not over run today, we were not out played, they went with a team of giants lumping balls forward and we dealt with it well. Unfortunately, for one split second we went to sleep.

Yep, well said.

Everyone is fed up and hurting straight after games we lose... we should all stay away from pc or phone for an hour or two to cool down :-)
and I include myself in that.

There was only 1 fitbaw team today and the dons might be celebrating but by god what a honking outfit. They should be wearing masks..that was pure robbery today.

We have 2 very hard games next week but we need to kick on and at least under this team we know they give a damn and will aim to get positive results. Wish we would stop losing silly goals and be a bit more patient and keep it on the deck but otherwise its good to see a Hibs team that cares and plays some nice stuff at times.
Maybe a little bit more luck and rub of the green next week.
ggtth

Kato
24-11-2012, 07:33 PM
anyone else spot the mind games by both managers

...in every quote made so far...

hibsbollah
24-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Yep, well said.

Everyone is fed up and hurting straight after games we lose... we should all stay away from pc or phone for an hour or two to cool down :-)

There was only 1 fitbaw team today and the dons might be celebrating but by god what a honking outfit. They should be wearing masks..that was pure robbery today.

We have 2 very hard games next week but we need to kick on and at least under this team we know they give a damn and will aim to get positive results. Wish we would stop losing silly goals and be a bit more patient and keep it on the deck but otherwise its good to see a Hibs team that cares and plays some nice stuff at times.
ggtth

:agree:

...and we'll have McPake, Deegan and Clancy back in soon. Despite the defeat, i am more positive after todays performance.

Famous5forever
24-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Good post but if we lose our next 2 games pressure on paddy :cb

DaveF
24-11-2012, 07:44 PM

Pish. Which is a bit like most of your posts tonight.

Can't say I've seen you post on threads when Hibs have been winning. Were you not at those games?

Mikeystewart
24-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Where did I say that?

OK I'll play along, either you play Deegan out right or the formation changes. If you dropped Wotherspoon for Deegan where would he play? This would lead me to believe you are not a fan of the current formation, on that assumption what formation would you like the team to play? or would you put Deegan in midfield and put Claros or Taiwo out wide?

JimBHibees
24-11-2012, 08:32 PM

Yam for certain.

JimBHibees
24-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Yep, well said.

ggtth

Completely agree.

Bobo
24-11-2012, 08:40 PM
OK I'll play along, either you play Deegan out right or the formation changes. If you dropped Wotherspoon for Deegan where would he play? This would lead me to believe you are not a fan of the current formation, on that assumption what formation would you like the team to play? or would you put Deegan in midfield and put Claros or Taiwo out wide?

No need to play along as it's pretty straight forward, given the limited choice and depth of our squad at the moment, Deegan would play central beside Claros with Cairney and Taiwo supplying the width.

Wotherspoon on his game can be a real asset when he runs at defences but too often his good work is undone by a poor delivery or choice of pass. IMO, decision making is the part of his game he needs to improve upon. He's still young and will learn so hopefully we'll eventually see the best of him.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Sorry was at the game but my 2p's worth. Any fan who gives our manager X games to save his job misses the point and merely panders to the non-Hibs fans if that makes you feel like a non-Hibbie so be it.

steakbake
24-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Yam for certain.

Almost certain.

He'll be s******ing to his mates on KB while they send daft photos in reply summing up their mutual smugness.

Probably also has a fridge full of home baking and had his face painted more times than a circus clown.

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Your next two games are Celtic and Hibs are they not?

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2012, 09:10 PM
We outplayed them and Langfield had a few cracking stops....I also think we made the wrong decisions to many times today, like shooting from 25 yards, when players were supporting on either flank, and would have been a better choice......Think a bit was frustration/desperation, but it will come, we are still a work in progress.....