PDA

View Full Version : Hatton v Senchenko

Pretty Boy
23-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Anyone watching tomorrow night?

Be interesting to see if Ricky still has anything to offer. Watched a few clips of him training and he looks ok, crucially he's lost his excess weight gradually rather than have to sweat it out in a 10 week training camp. He's had a solid 8 weeks working mostly on boxing. He looked in great shape on the scales today coming in just under the 147lbs limit.

Senchenko is no mug though and has a huge reach advantage. If Ricky is really ring rusty or has lost his punch resistance (or hasn't learned to move his head more at least) then Senchenko can and will win.

This is a tough fight for Hatton and no one can accuse him of taking a gimme as a comeback fight. Should be interesting imo.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Anyone watching tomorrow night?

Be interesting to see if Ricky still has anything to offer. Watched a few clips of him training and he looks ok, crucially he's lost his excess weight gradually rather than have to sweat it out in a 10 week training camp. He's had a solid 8 weeks working mostly on boxing. He looked in great shape on the scales today coming in just under the 147lbs limit.

Senchenko is no mug though and has a huge reach advantage. If Ricky is really ring rusty or has lost his punch resistance (or hasn't learned to move his head more at least) then Senchenko can and will win.

This is a tough fight for Hatton and no one can accuse him of taking a gimme as a comeback fight. Should be interesting imo.

Is the fight on TV/PPV?

Pretty Boy
23-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Is the fight on TV/PPV?

Primetime PPV.

Quite a few pubs will be showing it as well.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Primetime PPV.

Quite a few pubs will be showing it as well.

:aok:

Sylar
23-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I'd forgotten there was a decent sized boxing fanbase on here.

Surprised to see there's no thread about Hector Camacho who has been declared brain dead after being shot in Peru.

As for the fight tomorrow, I can see it being a very short-lived affair indeed.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 08:50 PM

Surprised to see there's no thread about Hector Camacho who has been declared brain dead after being shot in Peru.

As for the fight tomorrow, I can see it being a very short-lived affair indeed.

Heard he had been shot but didn't realise the severity of his injuries. Matcho Camacho, Sugar Ray, Hitman Hearns,Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler to name a few of the era of boxing I really enjoyed.

Matty_Jack04
23-11-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm a big fan of Ricky hatton I'm still unsure about this comeback if I'm being honest, I just don't want to see him fail here, I've been following him during his training camp he seems very confident he is as said above in great shape and been in that shape for a long time now probably at the weight for around 2months BUT I watched a documentary the other night on channel 5 and he just seems to have so much riding on this and if he fails I don't know how it could affect him which is worrying.

anyway no one can say he's picked a bum up until a couple of months ago senshenko was an unbeaten world champ it's no easy fight this Ricky will want it out the way quick there's no doubt about that I think he'll come out all guns blazing to put him away hopefully he doesn't let the guy get a foot hold and use the reach difference or he could be in trouble, I'm going with my heart here and saying a hatton win round 5 trademark body shot

chinaman
23-11-2012, 09:23 PM

As for the fight tomorrow, I can see it being a very short-lived affair indeed. it was puerto rico where he got shot , and his pal who was in the motor with him got shot dead too . there was drugs found in the car with them, he was a slick ,fast , brave fighter the macho man always entertaining and a nutjob at the same time

Pretty Boy
23-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm a big fan of Ricky hatton I'm still unsure about this comeback if I'm being honest, I just don't want to see him fail here, I've been following him during his training camp he seems very confident he is as said above in great shape and been in that shape for a long time now probably at the weight for around 2months BUT I watched a documentary the other night on channel 5 and he just seems to have so much riding on this and if he fails I don't know how it could affect him which is worrying.

anyway no one can say he's picked a bum up until a couple of months ago senshenko was an unbeaten world champ it's no easy fight this Ricky will want it out the way quick there's no doubt about that I think he'll come out all guns blazing to put him away hopefully he doesn't let the guy get a foot hold and use the reach difference or he could be in trouble, I'm going with my heart here and saying a hatton win round 5 trademark body shot

Was watching an interview with Paulie Malignaggi earlier who was saying that he found Senchenko seemed to lose interest when put under a bit pressure. He said he fully believed if Ricky has anything left then he will wear him down.

I was a massive Hatton fan. Was in Manchester the night he beat Kosta Tszyu, never seen and atmosphere like it and was also in Vegas for the Mayweather fight. I just hope this doesn't end in tears or serious injury. I'm a bit worried about how much Ricky is talking about redemption and figtting to prove a point, he can use that for motivation in training but in the ring he has to box smart and not let the red mist descend as it did against Mayweather, who he couldn't lay a glove on from a foot away, and Pacquaio, where a whole training camps worth of frustration boiled over in 6 minutes.

Sylar
23-11-2012, 09:58 PM
it was puerto rico where he got shot , and his pal who was in the motor with him got shot dead too . there was drugs found in the car with them, he was a slick ,fast , brave fighter the macho man always entertaining and a nutjob at the same time

Right enough.

I read the story on ESPN yesterday evening and didn't double check prior to posting.

Cheers for clarifying.

Sylar
24-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Has now been declared dead following his life support machines being switched off:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20477872

Big Ed
24-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I just found out today that this fight is on at the cinema. It starts at 22.00 and is being shown in Fountain Park and Ocean Terminal. :aok:

Pretty Boy
24-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Has now been declared dead following his life support machines being switched off:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20477872

Very sad.

Hopefully they have the traditional 10 rings of the bell tonight as a mark of respect.

VickMackie
24-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Hopefully Hatton does well. He's said he'll retire immediately if he doesn't win.

Says he's going to play it more cautious than in the past but his style was what made him great. Love his fights.

silverhibee
24-11-2012, 09:03 PM
About to start now.

Matty_Jack04
24-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Cacking it a bit for him now don't know why he looks confident enough! Praying he does it

Pretty Boy
24-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Ricky looking ok through the 1st five.

Still getting hit too often but he's the aggressor so getting rounds in the bank.

Matty_Jack04
24-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Ricky looking ok through the 1st five.

Still getting hit too often but he's the aggressor so getting rounds in the bank.

Hes getting frustrated with his timing needs to keep the head and keep going defo the busier fighter over the piece hopefully the amount of jabs he's taking getting inside don't take effect late on

Frazerbob
24-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Game over now

Pretty Boy
24-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Hatton KO'd in 9.

Game over.

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Really good body shot. Gutted for him.

Frazerbob
24-11-2012, 10:04 PM
3 years out the ring was just too much.

Matty_Jack04
24-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Gutted for him hopefully he deals with this and can move on to other things

Pretty Boy
24-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Gutted for him hopefully he deals with this and can move on to other things

Absolutely gutted.

The way he's talked about his depression is a true inspiration. Hopefully he can move on and focus on the positives on his life. He has a great family and a good career to look back on.

No.matter what anyone says, he has nothing to be ashamed of.

Matty_Jack04
24-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Absolutely gutted.

The way he's talked about his depression is a true inspiration. Hopefully he can move on and focus on the positives on his life. He has a great family and a good career to look back on.

:top marks

Still my hero

silverhibee
24-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Absolutely gutted.

:agree:

Was sad to see how he was after the fight in the ring and then in the interview as well, the guy was absolutely gutted.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2012, 11:40 PM
forgot this was on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20483237

Ricky Hatton has announced his retirement from professional boxing following his loss to Vyacheslav Senchenko in his comeback fight in Manchester

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Oh well, theres always Freddie Flintoff to enjoy!