PDA

View Full Version : NHC Elgin City oversell tickets for visit of Newco. Match postponed.

iwasthere1972
23-11-2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237531/Rangers-v-Elgin-postponed-tickets-sold.html

Has this ever happened before.

VickMackie
23-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Brilliant!

Love the thought of The Rangers playing on that park given they're the biggest club in the world.

Aldo
23-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Greedy twats. They just list themselves TV that would if set them up for seasons... And that's Elgin btw

Hibercelona
23-11-2012, 05:55 PM
How can they over sell tickets?

Surely they have an allocation limit to prevent that from possibly happening? :confused:

Saorsa
23-11-2012, 05:55 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237531/Rangers-v-Elgin-postponed-tickets-sold.html

Has this ever happened before.Did the yams no sell 400,000 one time and loads were locked out of the piggery? :dunno:

3pm
23-11-2012, 06:00 PM

Obviously never got an update every day!

Squealing pig
23-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Why couldn't they have waited til 2.30pm Sunday to call it off that would have made perfect sense for all the travelling away fans.

iwasthere1972
23-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Obviously never got an update every day!

:tee hee:

Bunch of :cb

stoneyburn hibs
23-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Why couldn't they have waited til 2.30pm Sunday to call it off that would have made perfect sense for all the travelling away fans.

Exactly :thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
23-11-2012, 06:46 PM
silly cantz

VickMackie
23-11-2012, 06:49 PM
How can they over sell tickets?

Surely they have an allocation limit to prevent that from possibly happening? :confused:

It looks like there's free standing area behind the goal and they've probably packed them in like sardines and it's been cancelled.

iwasthere1972
23-11-2012, 06:55 PM
It looks like there's free standing area behind the goal and they've probably packed them in like sardines and it's been cancelled.

Reports are that they sold at least 1,100 tickets too many.

VickMackie
23-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Probably creaming the interest off the cash til they do refunds.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Game should be played behind closed doors then.

HoboHarry
23-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Really embarrassing if you come from Elgin. Like me.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 09:36 PM

Embarrasing! It's insignificant compared to the antics of the once mighty Rangers. A club who spent money they never had inconvenienced by a club who sold tickets they don't have...............................perfect. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Did the yams no sell 400,000 one time and loads were locked out of the piggery? :dunno:

That's what I was thinking, welcome to just another Saturday at the PBS. Outstanding tax bill? Just get everybody to chip in a measly quid and it's sorted.

marinello59
23-11-2012, 09:49 PM

I have in been in Borough Briggs as part of a 10000 plus crowd back in the seventies. Limit now is less than 4000? Why?

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I have in been in Borough Briggs as part of a 10000 plus crowd back in the seventies. Limit now is less than 4000? Why?

Simple answer is safety I guess.

It has a capacity of 4,520; 478 seated. All 478 seats in the main stand were formerly fixed at Newcastle United's (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Newcastle_United_F.C.) St James' Park (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/St_James%27_Park) ground. When Elgin City were elected to the Scottish Football League in 2000 they obtained 500 seats from the Geordie (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Geordie) club when it was revamping the seated areas in its main (Milburn) stand.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Tannoy (Outside Ground): [ping-pong] Good afternoon and welcome to Elgin City Dare-lines. Today We're looking for smartly-dressed locals hoping for an upgrade to seated areas to come
Forward. In return for your standing spot today we're offering an
all-expenses paid ticket stub for the next home game against
Lowest-attendance of the Season United. [ping-pong]

iwasthere1972
24-11-2012, 04:03 PM
:agree: An error by the girl in the ticket office which has never happened before, she has organised the tickets for a long time.
Elgin are already paying for it with lost deposits on coach hire up to Elgin and hotel accommodation for the southern based players.
Add to that, should the game be played midweek their players will have done a days work, then travelled, before they play.
Expensive mistake.

Their average attendance is about 600 ( I would assume that the majority of them would either have a season ticket or be walk up) so it wouldn't have really mattered. Can't be too difficult to sell a few tickets over the course of a couple weeks. Obviously the job is too big for her now. Sack. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
24-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Their average attendance against Rangers is higher.
It shouldn't be too difficult but a mistake was made which meant too many were sold.
She coped really well selling the numbers of tickets she did, even though they weren't available.

Shows she's capable of dealing with bigger crowds :greengrin

Made even harder when there is no computer or printer and you have to use second hand beer mats to write the client details on.

blueisthecolour
24-11-2012, 11:38 PM

What sense would that have made, game would have been over by then:wink:

iwasthere1972
24-11-2012, 11:42 PM
What sense would that have made, game would have been over by then:wink:

Where have you been?

I take it the Stirling Albion and Annan Athletic messageboards are a bit quiet at the moment.

blueisthecolour
24-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Where have you been?

I take it the Stirling Albion and Annan Athletic messageboards are a bit quiet at the moment.
They are good, welcomed by all, makes a change

nonshinyfinish
24-11-2012, 11:58 PM
They are good, welcomed by all, makes a change

Much like your cheating, tax-dodging club, you have not been missed.

blueisthecolour
25-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Much like your cheating, tax-dodging club, you have not been missed.

Cheating when? where we not found not guity

nonshinyfinish
25-11-2012, 12:22 AM

That you (sort of) got away with it doesn't stop you being cheats. And when you say 'we', do you mean the formerly famous club that ceased to exist? Or the 3rd division team that's won f*** all?

blueisthecolour
25-11-2012, 12:32 AM
That you (sort of) got away with it doesn't stop you being cheats. And when you say 'we', do you mean the formerly famous club that ceased to exist? Or the 3rd division team that's won f*** all?
If you think the club in div3 is different why did you mention "Much like your cheating, tax-dodging club, you have not been missed" in a thread about a team in div3?

nonshinyfinish
25-11-2012, 12:37 AM
If you think the club in div3 is different why did you mention "Much like your cheating, tax-dodging club, you have not been missed" in a thread about a team in div3?

Because you have an association with that cheating, tax-dodging club. I didn't miss Rangers when then ceased to exist, and I didn't miss you when you stopped posting on here.

blueisthecolour
25-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Because you have an association with that cheating, tax-dodging club. I didn't miss Rangers when then ceased to exist, and I didn't miss you when you stopped posting on here.

Im a Rangers supporter, if you think it's two different clubs there is no association, oh except the home is ibrox, same badge, same strip, same 5 stars on the top, same seat in ibrox, same smart card to gain entry, same scarf, same people sitting next to me, same manager, some same players, but other than that there is no association.

cabbageandribs1875
25-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Im a Rangers supporter, if you think it's two different clubs there is no association, oh except the home is ibrox, same badge, same strip, same 5 stars on the top, same seat in ibrox, same smart card to gain entry, same scarf, same people sitting next to me, same manager, some same players, same durty cheating horrible vile bigoted ****'s, but other than that there is no association.

well yi got the bit in bold right anyway :aok:

The Tubs
25-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Im a Rangers supporter, if you think it's two different clubs there is no association, oh except the home is ibrox, same badge, same strip, same 5 stars on the top, same seat in ibrox, same smart card to gain entry, same scarf, same people sitting next to me, same manager, some same players, but other than that there is no association.

And what do those 5 stars mean? One for each 10 million you diddled off the taxpayer? Or perhaps the number of death threats sent because of superar*ehole?

They certainly don't have anything to do with league titles; contact UEFA or FIFA and they'll tell you how many trophies your club's got.

nonshinyfinish
25-11-2012, 12:55 AM

The association is that I remember you used to support that now defunct Govan team.

The team you watch now has no history and has won nothing - who gives a f*** if they still play at Ibrox. Any stars above their badge are as relevant as Dynamo Dresden's stars for East German league titles that they 'won'.

LeighLoyal
25-11-2012, 01:44 AM

Go back to your grave ya zombie hun! Nobody wants your stench back. :aok:

Pete
25-11-2012, 02:17 AM

Which is bizarre and quite sad. It says a lot about our game and country in general that you have been allowed to keep so much of the "stuff" belonging to the old club.

You effectively liquidated yourselves to escape what you thought was massive debt. You returned as a new club, leaving all the bad stuff behind while almost cherry-picking the good stuff from the old Rangers.
You cant totally have it both ways though. You are a new club and have won nothing. I don't know what the official record books say but that is what everyone in Scotland apart from fans of new rangers think. You can have as many stars on your badge as you want but they mean nothing. That is what the old rangers achieved...it's to be applauded but it isn't your club that has achieved that and adding to it will make yourselves look stupid.
Why don't we figure out a way to "purchase" the history of St. Bernards FC, giving us a few more titles? Because we are a separate entity, that's why. You might have a lot in common with oldco but the reality is you are a totally separate entity. A tribute act even.

You also all crow about winning this case and now consider yourselves to be totally innocent. It was a 2/1 split decision remember and if HMRC thought it was worth their while they would appeal. However, the cost of the appeal process renders the whole thing pointless considering how much money they would get from oldco should they win.
The oldco case was more about honour and vindication than anything else...and "winning" does nothing more than add to the new companies list of grievances. It will probably give the powers that be and the media an excuse to try and include you in the top flight post "reconstruction" as they feel you probably didn't truly deserve to be "punsihed" or "relegated".

The whole saga just demonstrates how sad Scottish society is. People have displayed their true colours and institutional "Rangers mindedness". The SPL has been great this season and we are all really enjoying ourselves and Armageddon certainly didn't happen as the hun media suggested it would.

To a club, we don't need you or want you...so **** off to England or wherever and take Charles Green with you.

Don't take it personally...you're still good!.:wink:

'Mon the Hibs
25-11-2012, 02:37 AM
I hate newco as much as I hate sev co.... Which is a lot :smokin

And I really* hate hearts :lolyam:

Edit:
* really really really

blueisthecolour
25-11-2012, 10:12 AM
And what do those 5 stars mean? One for each 10 million you diddled off the taxpayer? Or perhaps the number of death threats sent because of superar*ehole?

They certainly don't have anything to do with league titles; contact UEFA or FIFA and they'll tell you how many trophies your club's got.

Have u asked uefa or FIFA ?

Just the fact that most fans in Scottish football still start threads about my team, then moan about the old team shall we say in the thread about the new team says enough for me it's the same team.

hibee_nation
25-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Have u asked urfa or FIFA ?

Just the fact that most fans in Scottish football still start threads about my team, then moan about the old team shall we say in the thread about the new team says enough for me it's the same team.

One thing hasn't changed for sure you were an :clown: before you went bust and you are still a :clown: now :lolrangers:

marinello59
25-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Have u asked urfa or FIFA ?

I'll agree with you Blue. You are still the same team as before. The essence of a club is not down to sets of accounts, or who holds the copyright to the emblems etc or even who actually owns it. A club belongs first and foremost to it's fans and what constitutes a football club mainly lives in the hearts and minds of its supporters. So yes, you are still Rangers and no matter how much some of us will want to deny it your history is still intact.
So I reserve the right to continue to have complete contempt for your club as an institution. If one good thing could have come out of all this it would have been that the slate could have been wiped clean as regards the 'traditional values' that many of your less enlightened fans carry around and consigned them to the dustbin. Instead your new owner panders to those who see your troubles as part of some papist plot. What a waste of an opportunity to clear the bile that emanates from the hate filled minds of the half wits who follow follow your team that was.
I would have had an lot more respect for you if you had been an ever present here during your clubs travails but no, you pop up again trying to claim some sort of moral high ground because your club won a majority verdict in the big tax case. It may have been legal but what your club did is morally repugnant to most right thinking people and the fact that so many Rangers legend had their noses in the trough whilst giving those of us who pay full tax the v sign makes it even worse. Maybe you'd be better sticking to your own hate filled forums where you can wallow wallow in your laughable self claimed victim status

CropleyWasGod
25-11-2012, 12:34 PM

You, like most of the mainstream media, have clearly not read the 145 pages of the judgement.

For one thing, it wasn't a case of "guilty" or "not guilty". It was a Tribunal to decide on the extent of the assessment that HMRC had issued. The decision of the Tribunal was to "reduce" the assessment, not "remove" it. In other words, some of the money being chased is still due.

More importantly, some of the situations where players were alleged to have received remuneration from the EBT were upheld as such. Indeed, RFC did accept those. Accordingly, the SPL tribunal to decide on double-contracts has clear evidence of such.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Getting back to the topic of the thread, I think it's disgraceful that this has been allowed to happen and heads should be rolling at Elgin as a result.

Totally unprofessional.

Keith_M
25-11-2012, 03:20 PM

I for one agree with you. However, you missed out....

Same obnoxious bunch of bigotted supporters.

However, to give you your due you've added a new feature.....

Most Paranoid Supporters In The Land.

Congratulations :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
25-11-2012, 07:51 PM
I'll agree with you Blue. You are still the same team as before. The essence of a club is not down to sets of accounts, or who holds the copyright to the emblems etc or even who actually owns it. A club belongs first and foremost to it's fans and what constitutes a football club mainly lives in the hearts and minds of its supporters. So yes, you are still Rangers and no matter how much some of us will want to deny it your history is still intact.
So I reserve the right to continue to have complete contempt for your club as an institution. If one good thing could have come out of all this it would have been that the slate could have been wiped clean as regards the 'traditional values' that many of your less enlightened fans carry around and consigned them to the dustbin. Instead your new owner panders to those who see your troubles as part of some papist plot. What a waste of an opportunity to clear the bile that emanates from the hate filled minds of the half wits who follow follow your team that was.
I would have had an lot more respect for you if you had been an ever present here during your clubs travails but no, you pop up again trying to claim some sort of moral high ground because your club won a majority verdict in the big tax case. It may have been legal but what your club did is morally repugnant to most right thinking people and the fact that so many Rangers legend had their noses in the trough whilst giving those of us who pay full tax the v sign makes it even worse. Maybe you'd be better sticking to your own hate filled forums where you can wallow wallow in your laughable self claimed victim status

A lot of good points made, any fan of any club would feel the same if it was their club going through what my club did, if it happened to hibs next season I would bet opinions would change as I have seen on some hearts sites, opinions have changes.

As for your point about me not being here, I posted a long time ago i wouldn't post on the taxcase thread (think thats what it was called), as it turns in to a slanging match, goes off topic and endless abuse comes my way, I have posted on some other threads but not as often as my interest in spl football isn't what it used to be, no other reason,and I would bet if I was to post about any of our games the responce would have been no one gives a toss about div 3 on her, would you agree? I posted on this thread as it had an interest in my teams game.

If I was coming on to gloat about result of big tax case I would have done that on the thread about it, but as I said ive posted on here a thread about Elgin v Rangers and it went off topic.

For what it's worth I think there may be lots more millage on the tax case, especially if hmrc appeal although I think they may be more concerned about where the leaks were coming from, and the criminal charges someone might face for the leaks, someone knows who the blogger/s is and may be able to shed light on why the blog account has been shut down.

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 07:53 PM
A lot of good points made, any fan of any club would feel the same if it was their club going through what my club did, if it happened to hibs next season I would bet opinions would change as I have seen on some hearts sites, opinions have changes.

As for your point about me not being here, I posted a long time ago i wouldn't post on the taxcase thread (think thats what it was called), as it turns in to a slanging match, goes off topic and endless abuse comes my way, I have posted on some other threads but not as often as my interest in spl football isn't what it used to be, no other reason,and I would bet if I was to post about any of our games the responce would have been no one gives a toss about div 3 on her, would you agree? I posted on this thread as it had an interest in my teams game.

If I was coming on to gloat about result of big tax case I would have done that on the thread about it, but as I said ive posted on here a thread about Elgin v Rangers and it went off topic.

For what it's worth I think there may be lots more millage on the tax case, especially if hmrc appeal although I think they may be more concerned about where the leaks were coming from, and the criminal charges someone might face for the leaks, someone knows who the blogger/s is and may be able to shed light on why the blog account has been shut down.

Love the avatar. :aok:

blueisthecolour
25-11-2012, 08:53 PM
]I think you'll find that this forum has members who are level headed and fair, we would never abuse other supporters so fear not.[/B]

Elgin players had to go to Inverness to train today, bus was booked.
I've phoned the girl in the Elgin office to see if she can get me tickets for the Hibs - Hearts game.

Ive been here long enough to know the vast majority are welcoming to fans of other clubs, ive loved the banter ive had and took it all as banter, but on occasions ive took some abuse, im big enough to take it and give it back, although the ones who give it are normally the ones who then call for me to be banned when I give it back.

PatHead
25-11-2012, 10:02 PM

I explained your situation a few months ago by comparing it to a friend who had a dog for years. Every day he took it for a walk, fed it, let it live in his home. He loved the dog. It was a labrador. The dog died last June.

He got a new dog, takes it for a walk, feeds it, lets it live in his home, loves it and guess what?- it is the same breed, a labrador.

Different dog though, the other dog is dead.

BTW he didn't try to pretend it was the same by calling it "The" Rannoch.

blueisthecolour
26-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I explained your situation a few months ago by comparing it to a friend who had a dog for years. Every day he took it for a walk, fed it, let it live in his home. He loved the dog. It was a labrador. The dog died last June.

He got a new dog, takes it for a walk, feeds it, lets it live in his home, loves it and guess what?- it is the same breed, a labrador.

Different dog though, the other dog is dead.

BTW he didn't try to pretend it was the same by calling it "The" Rannoch.

Funny how people see things different, you see I was explaining to a man of the church the situation we find oursefs, I explained about how fans of other clubs said we were newco, once you die you are not the same team/person/club, he was gobsmacked at this as in all his years of telling the story of Jesus not once has he heard anyone call Jesus newcojesus or say jesus was not the same person, this is a man of the church im sure he wouldn't lie.

Twa Cairpets
26-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Funny how people see things different, you see I was explaining to a man of the church the situation we find oursefs, I explained about how fans of other clubs said we were newco, once you die you are not the same team/person/club, he was gobsmacked at this as in all his years of telling the story of Jesus not once has he heard anyone call Jesus newcojesus or say jesus was not the same person, this is a man of the church im sure he wouldn't lie.

I'm an atheist, but that is one of the most fatuous analogies I've ever come across, and therefore truly worthy of a newco apologist.

Scott Allan Key
26-11-2012, 09:55 PM

Are you comparing Rangers with Jesus Christ? Blasphemy! Seriously though, I'd never of expected a Rangers supporter to bring religion into the argument.

iwasthere1972
26-11-2012, 10:02 PM

:fibber: I don't believe one word of that. Funnily enough that's what the HMRC said to Craig Whyte.

blueisthecolour
26-11-2012, 10:07 PM
:fibber: I don't believe one word of that. Funnily enough that's what the HMRC said to Craig Whyte.

Also what 2 judges said about the big tax case evidece:top marks

Squealing pig
26-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Also what 2 judges said about the big tax case evidece:top marks

Evidece? Schools in Glasgow failing badly.

FranckSuzy
26-11-2012, 10:09 PM

This is quite possibly the worst and strangest post you've made on .net...and that's saying something. Go away.

Lucius Apuleius
27-11-2012, 05:39 AM
I had a very similar discussion two nights ago with a particulary ignorant hun ( he is a rigger from teuchter land that lives in Norway and quite honestly I have seen more brains in a Norwegian blue parrot, a dead one). He was also giving it the old we did not die and the mhedia killed us off when there was no need ( cannot have it both ways hun I told him). Anyway he kinda shut up when I asked him when they would repay the millions they owe to local businesses if they have not died. Prats. Oh and by the way, I know Admins disagree but I still think BITC is a f***** prat as well. :greengrin

marinello59
27-11-2012, 05:44 AM

Does this man of the church consult you on other matters?

Lucius Apuleius
27-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Does this man of the church consult you on other matters?

Think he needs a word with the Doddmeister on matters ecunemical and hun. :wink:

marinello59
27-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Think he needs a word with the Doddmeister on matters ecunemical and hun. :wink:

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Are you comparing Rangers with Jesus Christ? Blasphemy! Seriously though, I'd never of expected a Rangers supporter to bring religion into the argument.

They're not the Messiah, they're very naughty boys......................

Anyhoo back on topic, shame for Elgin, like many teams they were preparing for the visit of a brand new football team and its not going ahead due to a monumental oversight - hopefully the authorities wont crash in and crucify them here as they have certainly failed to act quickly and severely for far bigger clubs and far bigger indiscretions.

Hibs Class
27-11-2012, 09:29 AM

A truer analogy would be to compare Oldco to the thieves who died the same day as Jesus. Nothing more than common criminals, deservedly crucified and mourned by very few.

blueisthecolour
27-11-2012, 07:43 PM

Elgin fined 25k, 5k is to go to a charity of Rangers choice, also they must pay Rangers expenses.

essexhibee
27-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Elgin fined 25k, 5k is to go to a charity of Rangers choice, also they must pay Rangers expenses.

That's a huge amount for third div club isn't it?

stoneyburn hibs
27-11-2012, 07:53 PM

That amount is a wee bit harsh , especially when they get the bill from Rangers added to it. At least £25k for fat sally's mince pie bill.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2012, 07:55 PM

I wonder if they still stay in 5 star hotels the night before away matches, the money they must have spent even for games in Edinburgh was ridiculous. Probably use travel lodges now :greengrin

blueisthecolour
27-11-2012, 09:30 PM
That amount is a wee bit harsh , especially when they get the bill from Rangers added to it. At least £25k for fat sally's mince pie bill.

They will make that back when we visit and they will make some cash from cup game at Ibrox, so will prob break even, maybe a warning to other clubs not to take the p@@s when we visit. I've no problems with clubs making a decent profit but I was told they almost doubled the ticket price of any other game in the league, personally I don't think it was as much as doubled but there was an increase in price.

blueisthecolour
27-11-2012, 09:32 PM
That's a huge amount for third div club isn't it?

It is yes, it's a Hugh amount for any club in Scotland at the present time imo.

LancashireHibby
27-11-2012, 09:34 PM
They will make that back when we visit and they will make some cash from cup game at Ibrox, so will prob break even, maybe a warning to other clubs not to take the p@@s when we visit. I've no problems with clubs making a decent profit but I was told they almost doubled the ticket price of any other game in the league, personally I don't think it was as much as doubled but there was an increase in price.
I think that price increase is pretty fair. Maybe they should increase the price by the same percentage that their stewarding, policing and clean up costs increase when your manky lot are in town?

Saorsa
27-11-2012, 09:39 PM
They will make that back when we visit and they will make some cash from cup game at Ibrox, so will prob break even, maybe a warning to other clubs not to take the p@@s when we visit. I've no problems with clubs making a decent profit but I was told they almost doubled the ticket price of any other game in the league, personally I don't think it was as much as doubled but there was an increase in price.Is that because you are the peepul?

cabbageandribs1875
27-11-2012, 09:48 PM

ooooohhh :worried::worried::worried: you sound like sally Mcmoist and bandy jardine, trying to intimidate everyone non-hunnish :talkh:

Saorsa
27-11-2012, 09:51 PM
ooooohhh :worried::worried::worried: you sound like sally Mcmoist and bandy jardine, trying to intimidate everyone non-hunnish :talkh:aye, said that as though they're something ****in' special. Prices should be trebled with a 3rd donated tae the local community tae help clear up the spew, piss and broken buckie bottles efter the blue carrier bag brigade have been tae toon.

blueisthecolour
27-11-2012, 09:58 PM
ooooohhh :worried::worried::worried: you sound like sally Mcmoist and bandy jardine, trying to intimidate everyone non-hunnish :talkh:

Not at all, what I mean is we are a 3rd division club like them and as sch should be treated like the other 3rd division clubs, there is covering ur costs and being greedy, Elgin were doing the latter, stirling Albion charged £10 and made a tidy profit, elgin charged £15 nothing wrong with that but selling 1000 tickets more than u can accommodate is not on, it was dangerous if that game was to go ahead for that amount of people to attend that match,

Brooster
27-11-2012, 09:59 PM

Who the **** do you think you are? I'll tell ye- Trampy no marks.

.Sean.
27-11-2012, 10:02 PM
5 grand in the Tynecastle coffers then, eh :greengrin

Glory Lurker
27-11-2012, 10:03 PM
:tin hat: Can we not be nice to this Blue is the Colour chap? I cannae stand the orcs any more than the next rational human being can, but Mr Colour at least conducts himself in a reasonable fashion and probably doesn't deserve to get shouted down the way he does? I say again - :tin hat:

LancashireHibby
27-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Apparently it's in the Daily Mail tomorrow that house prices in Division Three-hosting towns have plummeted because of The Rangers visiting their fair towns and hamlets. Although Glasgow is largely unaffected thanks to the good conduct of their number one team, Partick Thistle.

Eyrie
27-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Not at all, what I mean is we are a 3rd division club like them and as sch should be treated like the other 3rd division clubs, there is covering ur costs and being greedy, Elgin were doing the latter, stirling Albion charged £10 and made a tidy profit, elgin charged £15 nothing wrong with that but selling 1000 tickets more than u can accommodate is not on, it was dangerous if that game was to go ahead for that amount of people to attend that match,

So you think it is right a club of Elgin's size should pay out for an administrative error? Therefore the same approach should apply to a Third Division club that deliberately refused to pay its ongoing PAYE and VAT liabilities as well as numerous local businesses.

After all you claim to be the same Huns as before, so you have to pay ALL the liabilities run up by Murray and Whyte. Just be grateful two lawyers with a poor grasp of taxation accepted the legalistic hairsplitting and let you off in the big tax case or you'd really be in trouble.

.Sean.
27-11-2012, 10:09 PM
This arrogant, ignorant Sevco/ Newco prick should've been emptied a loooong time ago.

Admins, do us all a favour and get him to **** :bye:

madabouthibs
27-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Every team in Scotland ups their prices for an old firm visit, we (Hibs) refer to them as Category A matches I think.
Don't (or didn't) Rangers (the old one) charge punters more when Celtic, or any European team, came to visit Ibrox? Is this also taking the piss then?? :agree:

PatHead
27-11-2012, 10:36 PM

At least you admit Rangers died. Difference is Jesus rose from the dead which I would have thought your pastor would have been aware of, with your club a new replacement company was formed which bought the rights to use the name The Rangers. Those are the facts- there is no comparison whatsoever. Wouldn't bother listening to that man's sermons any longer he seems a bit of a balloon.

PS. never knew Jim Traynor was a pastor

woody47
27-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Just as a matter of interest but what the the currents charge for a ticket?

cabbageandribs1875
27-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Just as a matter of interest but what the the currents charge for a ticket?

a ticket for the broomloan front for the upcoming league game against stirling albion is £16

cup game v Elgin £15

Phil MaGlass
28-11-2012, 11:36 AM
25k fine is bloody outrageous.

LancashireHibby
28-11-2012, 11:39 AM
a ticket for the broomloan front for the upcoming league game against stirling albion is £16

cup game v Elgin £15
They've not exactly got much ground to complain about prices at other grounds in that case.

Phil MaGlass
28-11-2012, 11:39 AM
This arrogant, ignorant Sevco/ Newco prick should've been emptied a loooong time ago.

Admins, do us all a favour and get him to **** :bye:

thing is, he is right to an extent, overselling would only add to safety problems, not that I gie a **** about the safety of newco er5es, mind you.

Eyrie
28-11-2012, 07:27 PM
If Elgin have to donate £5k of the fine to a charity of SevcoHun's choice, why don't Elgin announce that they hope the money will go to Nil By Mouth? :greengrin

blueisthecolour
28-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Every team in Scotland ups their prices for an old firm visit, we (Hibs) refer to them as Category A matches I think.
Don't (or didn't) Rangers (the old one) charge punters more when Celtic, or any European team, came to visit Ibrox? Is this also taking the piss then?? :agree:

I might have worded my post wrong, I will try be clear, the prices are between 10-15 pound, for our away games, which I am happy to pay to watch my team, dont mind a few £ extra so teams can cover their costs and make a profit as all have done so far, I just think if tickets are £8 for a game surely when Rangers come add £2 maybe even £4 which would make a ticket £12, this covering extra costs and making a profit, I just think almost doubling the price is a bit much, As you mention cat A games the price goes up, fair enough to cover cost but why should a football supporter pay more because of the team they support, when the wage slip comes in at the end of the week/month it doesn't add a wee bit extra because of the team you support, and yes when celtic come to Ibrox the price rises to £42/£44 and vise versa when we go to celtic park, and yes I think this is taking the piss.

Queens park have given us over 30,000 tickets if we want them, and priced one stand £15 and another £20, I could be wrong but i think some fans might decide not to pay the £20 especially as it's just before new year, early kick off and on tv, now if they kept every ticket at £15 I think every ticket might have been sold, imo the extra £5 is greed and could cost them in the long run, as I say I could be wrong time will tell.

I think fans coming to Ibrox pay between £15 and £17, now I think £15 is fair enough but £17 is taking the piss, but for that money they get to watch the game in good comfort imo, some times we are paying that to stand on a grass verge.

fatbloke
28-11-2012, 09:30 PM
[/B]
I wonder if they still stay in 5 star hotels the night before away matches, the money they must have spent even for games in Edinburgh was ridiculous. Probably use travel lodges now :greengrin

Rangers and lodges? Never

blackpoolhibs
28-11-2012, 09:37 PM
The 3rd division teams should all charge a flat rate of £100 for every home game against sevco. And let them for the privilege of that £100, stand in their own pish and sheite.

Perhaps even import some too, just to make them feel at home.

fatbloke
28-11-2012, 09:42 PM
The 3rd division teams should all charge a flat rate of £100 for every home game against sevco. And let them for the privilege of that £100, stand in their own pish and sheite.

I would pay heavily to see that:greengrin

nonshinyfinish
28-11-2012, 09:51 PM

:tin hat: Can we not be nice to this Blue is the Colour chap? I cannae stand the orcs any more than the next rational human being can, but Mr Colour at least conducts himself in a reasonable fashion and probably doesn't deserve to get shouted down the way he does? I say again - :tin hat:

:hmmm:

If the above BITC classic is reasonable, then I'm a f****** Dutchman.

Scottiedog007
28-11-2012, 11:00 PM

I think you will find the extra tickets sold were actually for the rangers fans and while I am having a wee rant elgin were charging £15 for the game I think you will find that rangers charge £16 for ibrox for 3rd div games maybe they are being a wee bit greedy considering the average price for 3rd div fitba is between £10-£12 per game

blueisthecolour
29-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I think you will find the extra tickets sold were actually for the rangers fans and while I am having a wee rant elgin were charging £15 for the game I think you will find that rangers charge £16 for ibrox for 3rd div games maybe they are being a wee bit greedy considering the average price for 3rd div fitba is between £10-£12 per game

It doesn't matter the tickets were for Rangers fans, when you reach your capacity that is it, it would have been dangerous if that amount of people got in to that ground, I've already said about the price Rangers charge other fans along with queens park charging us £20 for some sections.

Lucius Apuleius
29-11-2012, 03:54 PM
It doesn't matter the tickets were for Rangers fans, when you reach your capacity that is it, it would have been dangerous if that amount of people got in to that ground, I've already said about the price Rangers charge other fans along with queens park charging us £20 for some sections.

Personally, the more of you there and the more dangerous it is the happier I would be. A few molotov cocktails thrown amongst you for good measure. Maybe even a nuclear bomb dropped? Sounds fine to me. Rather it was at the hunnery though and that place was obliterated.

blueisthecolour
29-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Personally, the more of you there and the more dangerous it is the happier I would be. A few molotov cocktails thrown amongst you for good measure. Maybe even a nuclear bomb dropped? Sounds fine to me. Rather it was at the hunnery though and that place was obliterated.

If you would be happy for football fans to lose their lifes at a match u have some problems IMO, no one no matter what team they support should ever go to a football match and never return home,unfortunately its happened on many occasions, Ibrox has had two disaster along with many other grounds, but if that's how you feel it says more about you than it does about me.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2012, 07:45 PM

That's just plain stupid.

blueisthecolour
29-11-2012, 10:07 PM

I hope he was on the drink when he posted that, surely no one can think like this.

Iggy Pope
29-11-2012, 10:21 PM

Rikki Fulton is alive and well and masquerading as a biscuit-ersed Hun posting cod-theology claptrap on Hibs.net!

Iggy Pope
29-11-2012, 10:24 PM

I would pay heavily to see that:greengrin

I could contribute heavily to that and I will deliver it to Elgin FOC

Cabbage East
29-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I wondered why this thread was 4 pages :greengrin

Hiya Blueisthecolour you filthy hun, how's the 3rd division? You enjoying playing in the bottom tier of Scottish football? Must be gash supporting a team with zero trophies that struggle against butchers and plumbers. Must be dire being you.

Lucius Apuleius
30-11-2012, 05:56 AM
If you would be happy for football fans to lose their lifes at a match u have some problems IMO, no one no matter what team they support should ever go to a football match and never return home,unfortunately its happened on many occasions, Ibrox has had two disaster along with many other grounds, but if that's how you feel it says more about you than it does about me.

Correct on all accounts. In fact make it a dirty bomb, you might last longer and suffer more.:wink:

Why is it you have so much hate for them?

You have to ask why Hibs supporters dislike the OF and their sectarian bile???????

Moulin Yarns
30-11-2012, 06:10 AM

I notice, that your new club are cashing in on the visits of all the well established 3rd division clubs to Ibrox.

Tickets cost, according to your clubs website, £16.00, £17.00 and £20.00 for the visit of Elgin City. :cb

Lucius Apuleius
30-11-2012, 06:25 AM

For the benefit of the stupid it was obviously tongue in cheek. If we dropped a nuclear bomb on the hunnery my own house would go up!!!! Best stick to the molotov cocktails then. :wink: By the way I was a member of CND so not really that into nuclear weapons.

I hope he was on the drink when he posted that, surely no one can think like this.

Very rarely drink hun.

marinello59
30-11-2012, 06:51 AM

Why don't you stick to Follow Follow then where you will obviously find a much more genteel approach taken to banter with opposing fans? (You could also expose the papist plot to nuke Ibrox (FACT) while you are there.)

Moulin Yarns
30-11-2012, 10:52 AM

Not disputing you but can you name 5 other grounds in the UK where 2 or more major losses of life have occured. I'm only aware of 1.

blueisthecolour
30-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I wondered why this thread was 4 pages :greengrin

Hiya Blueisthecolour you filthy hun, how's the 3rd division? You enjoying playing in the bottom tier of Scottish football? Must be gash supporting a team with zero trophies that struggle against butchers and plumbers. Must be dire being you.
3rd div has been great, fantastic trips and been welcomed by the teams, let's say we have no trophies I would say within5-10 yrs Ww will have more Scottish cups than hibs;-)

Part/Time Supporter
30-11-2012, 12:32 PM
3rd div has been great, fantastic trips and been welcomed by the teams, let's say we have no trophies I would say within5-10 yrs Ww will have more Scottish cups than hibs;-)

So you reckon Sevco are going to win the SC three times in the next five years? Want a bet on that?

matty_f
30-11-2012, 12:34 PM

They'll probably have more Scottish Cups in that time than you've had rides.

blueisthecolour
30-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Not disputing you but can you name 5 other grounds in the UK where 2 or more major losses of life have occured. I'm only aware of 1.

Ibrox x2
Bolton 1946 wall collapsed
Bradford 1985 fire
Hillsborough 1989 crush

blueisthecolour
30-11-2012, 02:53 PM
So you reckon Sevco are going to win the SC three times in the next five years? Want a bet on that?

5-10 yrs not 5 yrs

Moulin Yarns
30-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Ibrox x2
Bolton 1946 wall collapsed
Bradford 1985 fire
Hillsborough 1989 crush

You said that Ibrox, along with many other grounds had 2 diasters. None of the above have had 2, except the home of the club formerly known as Rangers.

Better that than being right though.

Spudster
30-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Probably creaming the interest off the cash til they do refunds.
In this day and age that's around 20p of interest

blueisthecolour
30-11-2012, 04:07 PM
You said that Ibrox, along with many other grounds had 2 diasters. None of the above have had 2, except the home of the club formerly known as Rangers.

Better that than being right though.

I said Ibrox had 2, along with other grounds having disasters, thought that came across, not best subject for point scoring

Saorsa
30-11-2012, 04:56 PM
I said Ibrox had 2, along with other grounds having disasters, thought that came across, not best subject for point scoringaway 'n' take yer face for a *****e

Moulin Yarns
01-12-2012, 05:59 AM
I said Ibrox had 2, along with other grounds having disasters, thought that came across, not best subject for point scoring

No, you said "Ibrox has had two disaster along with many other grounds" which means the other grounds have also had 2. In any case the "many other grounds" amounts to 3.

Anyway, back to your slagging off of other clubs that you claim are cashing in on the visits of the newest club in Scottish Football, AKA rangers. Explain how that works when your lot are charging between £16 and £20 for this weekends visit of Elgin City.

Steve20
01-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Elgin were just trying to be greedy. No need to oversell tickets. Just plain greed.

Glad they got fined.

Keith_M
01-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Jeezo, some of the comments on here are so childish and embarrassing you could almost imagine it was Follow Follow or Kerrydale St.

Could we just lay off the references to football disasters? I for one think it's on a level somewhere between cringeworthy and ghoulish.

Elgin City cocked up. We don't like Rangers.

I think that about sums it up. Can we all just move on?

blueisthecolour
01-12-2012, 12:53 PM
No, you said "Ibrox has had two disaster along with many other grounds" which means the other grounds have also had 2. In any case the "many other grounds" amounts to 3.

Anyway, back to your slagging off of other clubs that you claim are cashing in on the visits of the newest club in Scottish Football, AKA rangers. Explain how that works when your lot are charging between £16 and £20 for this weekends visit of Elgin City.
Ok if u read it as 2 disasters at each ground, maybe it was my wording of it, now u know what I meant, and as u say many other ground amount to 3, that's 3 to many, but where u are wrong is I never said about many disasters in the uk, I said at football grounds, and yes there is many of them.

I already commented on prices at Ibrox, are away fans being charged £20 or is it for a certain section of home fans at a certain area of the ground?

Lucius Apuleius
02-12-2012, 05:19 AM
No, I asked you why the hatred that would see people killed, you then seem to label me as stupid because it was tongue in cheek.

yeah ok, I'm stupid.

I have no hatred in my body, however delighted we have come to a satisfactory and united conclusion.

matty_f
02-12-2012, 08:01 AM
I have no hatred in my body, however delighted we have come to a satisfactory and united conclusion.
:tee hee: