PDA

View Full Version : Craig Brown

S4uzee
23-11-2012, 04:04 PM
His comments about hibs "The Hibs support are a wee bit impatient if their team isn't doing well. They tend not to be as supportive as some. "We've seen Easter Road emptying when things aren't going too well for Hibs. If we were at full strength, I'd be super optimistic. At the moment I'm just cautiously optimistic."

Never really liked him anyway and seems to think Aberdeen dominate every game the old *******

Thoughts?

ancient hibee
23-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Seems right on the button to me.

JimBHibees
23-11-2012, 04:10 PM
His comments about hibs "The Hibs support are a wee bit impatient if their team isn't doing well. They tend not to be as supportive as some. "We've seen Easter Road emptying when things aren't going too well for Hibs. If we were at full strength, I'd be super optimistic. At the moment I'm just cautiously optimistic."

Never really liked him anyway and seems to think Aberdeen dominate every game the old *******

Thoughts?

He thinks he is smarter than he is. Dons fans are not fickle in any way of course. Hope we absolutely horse them tomorrow. They are overrated big time and we need a performance after last week. Hibs are full strength of course.

I agree with this comments though obviously from a Hibs point of view, if we were at full strength, I'd be super optimistic. At the moment I'm just cautiously optimistic.

Hibees 3-1 :pfgwa

Bobby's Cinema
23-11-2012, 04:11 PM
was about to post the same link. The Hibs crowd has held up better than Aberdeen's over the last few years. What absolute nonsense from him. Too much Kenny Sheils from the sounds of it. Lets get it right up him tomorrow :aok:

Westie1875
23-11-2012, 04:14 PM

Thoughts?

Sounds like an accurate assessment of our home support last season. This season however it has been a different story and the fans have actually got behind the team a lot when things haven't been going well in matches and helped pull them through.

NOLA
23-11-2012, 04:17 PM

Thoughts?

Cant really disagree with old broon's comments there, will be a close fought match, we are missing a few players, hope we keep mcginn quiet, lets keep him looking soor faced :agree:

silverhibee
23-11-2012, 04:19 PM

Thoughts?

He knows his stuff about the Hibs fans. :greengrin

hibs4life
23-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Sounds like an accurate assessment of our home support last season. This season however it has been a different story and the fans have actually got behind the team a lot when things haven't been going well in matches and helped pull them through.

Agree - his assessment of our support is valid for last season not this. Both sides weakened by injuries - expecting a tough game and a win would be a great result...

Diclonius
23-11-2012, 04:37 PM
He's right.

Still psychological warfare though so let's get right behind the team tomorrow and shut him up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I would rather hear his accurate assesment of John Boyle. I will happily lose on paper six days a week as long as we win on grass on a Saturday.

truehibernian
23-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Agree - his assessment of our support is valid for last season not this. Both sides weakened by injuries - expecting a tough game and a win would be a great result...

Our support threw mince pies at the players up at Dingwall under Hughes and gave Mixu dog's abuse at home numerous times.

I'd say he is accurate about Hibs fans negativity which has gone on for a few seasons now - I have to commend the support in general, I'd say since the SC run and Fenlon, and the growing numbers of S43 and the 12th Man for the whole atmosphere shifting (along with the better football and general work ethic of the side) - Easter Road is a place I look forward to going now, even if you go knowing that the result may not turn our way - the team, the manager, and the fans, all deserve credit for the way the mood has shifted.

This season has been one where the fans have really got behind the side, the most telling times being when we've gone a goal down - the immediate response is a roar and some singing.

Saying that, Craig Brown may be wise to remember Aberdeen fans spitting on their previous manager, their lowest attendances ever at Todders for SPL matches, and the fact they all wanted him and Archie out last year :agree: not very supportive at times too.

JennaFletcher
23-11-2012, 04:43 PM
A tad cheeky from Brown I'd say, at least we largely fill up ER each week, unlike Aberdeen!

Don't think he saw us flocking out when we beat Aberdeen at Hampden? :greengrin

lyonhibs
23-11-2012, 04:49 PM
A tad cheeky from Brown I'd say, at least we largely fill up ER each week, unlike Aberdeen!

Come along now, Hibs fans have filled about 50-55% of ER capacity at best this season. Don't mind Craig Brown to be honest, but hope him and his geriatric pal Archie Knox are sooking lemons this time tomorrow.

Golden Bear
23-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Yet more mind games

http://sport.stv.tv/football/202351-aberdeen-striker-rory-fallon-leigh-griffiths-is-carrying-hibs/

Heisenberg
23-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Yet more mind games

http://sport.stv.tv/football/202351-aberdeen-striker-rory-fallon-leigh-griffiths-is-carrying-hibs/

Cant wait to see Doyle celebrate right in his face when he bangs one in tomorrow :thumbsup:

Wheat Hound
23-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Yet more mind games

How many goals has Rory Fallus scored this season?! Whit a plum. Pinned up on the dressing room wall tomorrow I hope!

S4uzee
23-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Yet more mind games

To come out and say "Griffiths, if we stop him, they won't score" is rather confident before a ball is kicked. Think the aberdeen fans slate him a lot aswell

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2012, 05:04 PM

Thoughts?

Brown doesn't make empty comments. He is an old fox when it comes to psychological games.

Spike Mandela
23-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Aberdeen seem super arrogant and super confident this year. Really would like to rub their noses in it after all these comments. Hope Pat has the boys up for the next couple of weeks.

Mon Dieu4
23-11-2012, 05:11 PM
whilest lots of people will probably say the same about us, they have had a decent start to the season but i still think they are utter pish, they don't have one player i fear, lets get it right up them and show them their place

Feed McGraw
23-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh dear, now we have good old Broon having a go at one of the most loyal supports in football. What our support has had to endure for most of our history thanks to decade upon decade of underachievement would have all but wiped out many other clubs` supports. But no matter what they put us through we still have one of the best and IMO most loyal supports` in the country.

Booing, walking out early and general frustration happens at all grounds everywhere, thats a football thing, not a Hibs thing.

merritthibees
23-11-2012, 05:19 PM
In all fairness, you can't really disagree with the inpatient part, we are probably the worst support in terms of when we are getting beat or when we get beat, the players get abuse, sack the manager threads start!... But ye... He is a tw@t! GGTTH

woodythehibee
23-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Rory Fallon is worse with his comments. Total lack of respect and I hope Pat and the boys prove him wrong tomorrow.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/202351-aberdeen-striker-rory-fallon-leigh-griffiths-is-carrying-hibs/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

3pm
23-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Rory Fallon is worse with his comments. Total lack of respect and I hope Pat and the boys prove him wrong tomorrow.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/202351-aberdeen-striker-rory-fallon-leigh-griffiths-is-carrying-hibs/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'd go to MK Dons before Pittodrie.

chrisski33
23-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Aberdeen seem to think they can win the league and think they will beat us tomorrow, well so fallon thinks so lets show them that they are just sheep ****gers and beat them 3-0

Leishy1995
23-11-2012, 05:47 PM
If he hadn't scored vs us in the Semi Final his relevance to the game tomorrow would be 0

Hibercelona
23-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Aberdeen are a very good side at the moment and we'll have to be at our very best tomorrow if we're going to beat them.

Still, a manager coming out and basically saying that he's confident of a win away from home, is very disrespectful and unprofessional.

Lets be at our best tomorrow.

Hainan Hibs
23-11-2012, 05:50 PM
After having been at Pittodrie a few times in the home end while studying there over the past few years he really is providing prime time comedy by having a go at us. I remember once Mcghee was lucky to make it alive to the tunnel at FT.

Hopefully we get a win and give them a long miserable journey back to the city where everyday is 1983.

iwasthere1972
23-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Does it really matter who is scoring. It's a team game. A lot of teams have tried to defend against LG and they've been unsuccessful. Hopefully Aberdeen will be another. However if they want to man mark Leigh then we do have others players (Doyle and Wotherspoon) who are more than capable of getting goals. Oh and don't forget Kuqi.

JimBHibees
23-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Aberdeen are a very good side at the moment and we'll have to be at our very best tomorrow if we're going to beat them.

Still, a manager coming out and basically saying that he's confident of a win away from home, is very disrespectful and unprofessional.

Lets be at our best tomorrow.

They are decent at best. Celtc won with a bit in hand last week where the Dons barely merited a decent effort on goal. IMO if we play like we did v United we will win.

weecounty hibby
23-11-2012, 06:39 PM
They are decent at best. Celtc won with a bit in hand last week where the Dons barely merited a decent effort on goal. IMO if we play like we did v United we will win.
I agree,Aberdeen are like Hearts in the respect that if they get a couple of decent results some of the media folks go overboard about their chances and how good they really are. Their fans go completely OTT as well and are totally living in the past. Great attendance last week but really doesn't make up for the pitiful crowds that a one team city has had recently.

Two evenly matched teams but I think we can shade it.

yeezus.
23-11-2012, 07:03 PM

Thoughts?

Aberdeen fans are the worst I have ever come across. I remember my first Aberdeen game - my mate said I should go with him to see them play Celtic on the opening day of the season - they were 0-3 down at half time and loads of fans left.

Some would say that is understandable - but I saw them walk over Kilmarnock 5-0 and still their fans were shouting "sh***" at their own players. I've herd more atmosphere from Stranraer fans away to Elgin on a Wednesday night than I have at Pittodrie.

Hibercelona
23-11-2012, 07:07 PM

I'd say that was probably their poorest performance this season. They've looked fairly dangerous otherwise.

If we play like we have over the past few games and Aberdeen are in top form, they'll beat us.

We'll have to perform even better than we did against Dundee Utd...

iwasthere1972
23-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Aberdeen fans are the worst I have ever come across. I remember my first Aberdeen game - my mate said I should go with him to see them play Celtic on the opening day of the season - they were 0-3 down at half time and loads of fans left.

Some would say that is understandable - but I saw them walk over Kilmarnock 5-0 and still their fans were shouting "sh***" at their own players. I've herd more atmosphere from Stranraer fans away to Elgin on a Wednesday night than I have at Pittodrie.

Were you all tightly packed in? :wink:

lbouncer
23-11-2012, 07:17 PM
anyone see his hat last week?

iwasthere1972
23-11-2012, 07:25 PM
anyone see his hat last week?

Is it a hat or did he take a direct hit from a seagull?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64207000/jpg/_64207619_8133179.jpg

SouthamptonHibs
23-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Mon the Hibees, hope we beat them tomorrow and stick it right up old paw Broon and Fallon, nonsence comments from both of them.
Anyway who cares both are sheep ****ger's baaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hail Hail

silverhibee
23-11-2012, 07:51 PM
:flag: :pfgwa:pfgwa :flag:

Mikeystewart
23-11-2012, 08:21 PM

To be fair we have ha the rub of the green at home this season and some dojy decisions from refs. I'm not sure what he hoped to gain from that comment other to make the home support louder and be counter productive against the comments he made, or maybe an attempt to make his players believe if they start well they will silent the crowd, only he knows.

NOLA
23-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Does it really matter who is scoring. It's a team game. A lot of teams have tried to defend against LG and they've been unsuccessful. Hopefully Aberdeen will be another. However if they want to man mark Leigh then we do have others players (Doyle and Wotherspoon) who are more than capable of getting goals. Oh and don't forget Kuqi.

forgot the smiley ^

AlbertK86
23-11-2012, 08:29 PM
To be fair we have ha the rub of the green at home this season and some dojy decisions from refs. I'm not sure what he hoped to gain from that comment other to make the home support louder and be counter productive against the comments he made, or maybe an attempt to make his players believe if they start well they will silent the crowd, only he knows.

We're due the rub of the green against this mob ... After the penalty awarded for diving at pittodrie by oor pal Craig Thomson

Mon the Hibees

Allez allez allez oh

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
23-11-2012, 08:59 PM

He's got to try, hasn't he?

Poor, very poor, man's Alex Ferguson, every time there's a pressure match on, or a conflict on the horizon, Fergie gets in hard and early - in Pa Broon's case, there's quite a bit about us from last season that he isn't seeing this one so he has got to lob a few quotes over the fence and hope. Dae our talking on the pitch and the terracing and we'll be fine.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Ignore the senile old ****ger.

yeezus.
23-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Were you all tightly packed in? :wink:

:LOL: all three of us

Squealing pig
23-11-2012, 09:06 PM
If we can beat them with Doherty and soars in the team we should have no prob tomorrow

sbell1875
23-11-2012, 09:56 PM

Upon reading his comments I did some research. Our 2nd top goal scorer has scored more than their 2nd top goal scorer so quite where he gets us "not scoring if Griffiths doesn't" is simply beyond me.

Quite how someone who has only scored 7 goals in nearly a year and a half with the club can make these comments I simply do not understand.

I honestly hope we horse them tomorrow.

LeighLoyal
23-11-2012, 09:59 PM
They had a really big crowd last week which was good to see but lets see how many they bring tomorrow. The usual 1800 methinks.

Diclonius
23-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Yet more mind games

Still bitter your semi final goal was for **** all eh?

Their away support is some of the best I've seen at Easter Road but the one time I was at Pittodrie (4-2 loss, CC's first game) they were 4-0 up and deathly quiet. Don't think I've heard a home support so quiet when they're winning.

Piqué
23-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Think Fallon should keep his mouth shut. Well done son, you scored a screamer in April. Can't even get in the dons team so I don't know why he feels the need to talk us down. Still not over the semi-final, that must be it!

HibeeN
23-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Upon reading his comments I did some research. Our 2nd top goal scorer has scored more than their 2nd top goal scorer so quite where he gets us "not scoring if Griffiths doesn't" is simply beyond me.

Quite how someone who has only scored 7 goals in nearly a year and a half with the club can make these comments I simply do not understand.

I honestly hope we horse them tomorrow.

:agree: Doyle has scored 5 this season - the same as Tony Watt and Johnny Russell - but has gone largely unnoticed because of Griffiths' form. If other teams decide not to pay him the attention that he deserves, then on their own heads be it as he is more than capable of coming up with goals himself. He and Griffiths make space for each other and if Leigh is tightly marked then hopefully it will just give Doyle more room to get into space and hit the back of the net.

Not to mention Cairney, who is joint-top of the assists chart in the league. If there is anybody in space in and around the box then he is capable of putting a dangerous ball in, and definitely overdue a goal for himself, so it's not as though we are lacking in attacking play.

Really hope these comments come back to haunt Aberdeen.

hibsitis
23-11-2012, 10:42 PM
If he hadn't scored vs us in the Semi Final his relevance to the game tomorrow would be 0

Regardless of whether he scored against us ever his opinion has the same value. Hee haw.

sbell1875
24-11-2012, 12:20 AM
:agree: Doyle has scored 5 this season - the same as Tony Watt and Johnny Russell - but has gone largely unnoticed because of Griffiths' form. If other teams decide not to pay him the attention that he deserves, then on their own heads be it as he is more than capable of coming up with goals himself. He and Griffiths make space for each other and if Leigh is tightly marked then hopefully it will just give Doyle more room to get into space and hit the back of the net.

Not to mention Cairney, who is joint-top of the assists chart in the league. If there is anybody in space in and around the box then he is capable of putting a dangerous ball in, and definitely overdue a goal for himself, so it's not as though we are lacking in attacking play.

Really hope these comments come back to haunt Aberdeen.

Furthermore, Doyle scored a peach of a goal against Aberdeen in September!

What my ideal scenario would be is this. Leigh missing chance after chance after chance with all the attention on him only for Doyle to score the winner.

Then, in the press afterwards Paddy to come out and say that Doyle was the secret weapon all along! To discount the threat of Doyle is very dangerous on Aberdeen's part. Last home game he set up the first and scored the second. IMO he's easily been as important to our success this season as Sparky or Cairney or anyone else.

Bad Habits
24-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Just noticed it now, what a load of complete :rolleyes:. Needs to hit a retirement home methinks

.Sean.
24-11-2012, 05:00 AM
**** Aberdeen, **** their central belt based gloryhunting yesteryear support and **** that geriatric old **** Craig Brown. 2 nil Hibs.

.Sean.
24-11-2012, 05:07 AM
Their away support is hyped to the max aswell, middle aged men from central Scotland who bought into the hype when they were good 30 years ago. I can remember them having a big support twice, after Zerouali died and Glass scored the winner in a 2-1 win and another game roughly 2001, think McManus scored a raker and Paatelainen scored. First time I recall seeing major battling on ER aswell, I'd have been about 11.

At The Edge
24-11-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm kinda undecided on pa Broon, on one hand i would love for us to absolutely horse them and see what pants he comes out with during his post match interview, probably had more corners or throw ins than us
i would would also like us to just snatch it at the end after playing not great, purely as again it would send his blood pressure through the roof and he's be greeting like a christmas card on how they were by far the better team in his failing vision.

Either way, hes a roaster of the highest order :greengrin

Mr White
24-11-2012, 08:58 AM
they're a good side, by spl standards their midfield in particular is very good- rae and hughes with mcginn and hayes wide, though i see rae is a doubt for today. we'll have to be on top form today to take the 3 points but i think we'll do it, 2 1 to hibs with doyle and sparky getting the goals. Not surprised by browns comments but fallons are laughable.

hibsbollah
24-11-2012, 09:05 AM
whilest lots of people will probably say the same about us, they have had a decent start to the season but i still think they are utter pish, they don't have one player i fear, lets get it right up them and show them their place

Agrew 100% :agree: like the fighting talk.

Still think we're getting beat today though :greengrin