PDA

View Full Version : Calum Murray reffing cup game

JimBHibees
22-11-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/ScottishCup/8.SC12-13%20(4th%20Round%201-2%20Dec).pdf

Wonder if he has bought any shares yet.

Ryan91
22-11-2012, 11:00 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/ScottishCup/8.SC12-13%20(4th%20Round%201-2%20Dec).pdf

Wonder if he has bought any shares yet.

Our good pal Stevie O'Reilly is 4th official though

Diclonius
22-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Whilst generally competent, didn't he deny us a stonewall penalty in the New Year derby a couple years ago shortly after Kyle scored?

hibsforeurope
22-11-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm sure he was the ref who never seen Mcgowan's blatant headbutt on Ivan, let alone send him off, shortly before he scored the 1st goal!

brog
22-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Good! IMO ( & despite being a Yam as a boy ) he's the best ref in Scotland by a mile. He also reffed the 81% game so perhaps a good cup omen!

JIm
22-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Who gives a **** who referees the game? Not me personally, as long as the lads do on the park what they are meant to then referees shouldn't be discussed. :aok:

Albanian Hibs
22-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Another yam

500miles
22-11-2012, 12:15 PM
A Jambo, but a competent ref IMO. Yeah, every ref will make the odd howler, but I've never felt that his decision making was loaded in favour of any team in particular.

Hopefully he has a good game.

allezsauzee
22-11-2012, 12:17 PM
My main concern was it wasn't Thomson. I actually think Calum Murray is a decent ref. He didn't allow himself to be influenced to send off Ian Murray when that wee poosy Black acted like he'd been shot after a robust challenge from Ian at the PBS a few years back.

Alan62
22-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Calum Murray is a good ref. No worries there.

Winston Ingram
22-11-2012, 12:31 PM
It's ridiculous. Him or Thompson every time

JIm
22-11-2012, 12:35 PM
It's ridiculous. Him or Thompson every time

Talk about paranoia. As i stated earlier should we not be focusing on our teams performace than worrying about referees?

Hibercelona
22-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Talk about paranoia. As i stated earlier should we not be focusing on our teams performace than worrying about referees?

True.

He does have a point though.

It's 2 blatant Jambos in 90% of derbies.

SMAXXA
22-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I dont understand this yamness, reason I say this is I seen him at the Hibs UTD game with a boy going into the captains lounge enterance? :confused:

Im sure it was him?

Either way I think hes the best referee we have and think he should have got the final also.

JIm
22-11-2012, 02:35 PM
True.

He does have a point though.

It's 2 blatant Jambos in 90% of derbies.

its then a question of integrity..............i think we need to get over worrying about referees (across all levels) and concentrate what our players/teams do on the park. Blaming referees isn't the answer........just about every goal can be taken back to a mistake on the park which ultimately was comitted by your own player and therefore these are the things we need to concentrate on more.

Ultimately poor decisions will impact on games but i sense paranoia takes over a little to much when it comes to our supporters and referees. We also need to accept that referees WILL make mistakes and sometimes we need to learn to accept this without placing to much focus on it. Obviously this is difficult with the amount of media coverage that the game is given. Just my opinions of course.

Boyle89
22-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm sure he was the ref who never seen Mcgowan's blatant headbutt on Ivan, let alone send him off, shortly before he scored the 1st goal!

Was their 1st goal not offside aswell? Not that it's his fault for not noticing.
Can't really complain as he is one of the better refs. Like some have already said the players just need to do enough on the park so that the ref can't influence the game in anyway.

Purple & Green
22-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Dreadful choice - we've won just once (Aberdeen at the end of last season) in the 12 games he's reffed in the last 6 years, losing 7 of them.

It's unbelievable, and implausible, that we keep getting him and Thomson for key games.

marinello59
22-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Murray is one of the better refs. Looks like we are getting as bad as Celtc now regarding conspiracy theories against us.

Purple & Green
22-11-2012, 02:46 PM
i sense paranoia takes over a little to much when it comes to our supporters and referees.

I only do hard numbers and facts, and where two particular referees are concerned our record is implausible. It's only with two particular referees though: our record with every other referee seems consistent. Poor, but consistent.

JIm
22-11-2012, 03:35 PM
I only do hard numbers and facts, and where two particular referees are concerned our record is implausible. It's only with two particular referees though: our record with every other referee seems consistent. Poor, but consistent.

So your blaming the referees on our poor record?

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Here we go again, it's started.

Saorsa
22-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Great, another ****in' stinkin' **** in the cup, ****in' SFA *******s.

Purple & Green
22-11-2012, 04:59 PM
So your blaming the referees on our poor record?

There's something about two those particular referees. Have a look at all last seasons games. Our record was startlingly different when they weren't in charge compared to when they where. I'm saying its implausible. One explanation would be that the 'problem' lies with our manager and players, but given our poor results over a number of years with these two refs with different players and managers I think that explanation might be considered implausible.

I think we've won something like 6 games of the last 36 these two have reffed. It's just as we'll they don't ref us every week or we'd be in the third division with the rangers.

matty_f
22-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Great, another ****in' stinkin' **** in the cup, ****in' SFA *******s.

:agree:

SMAXXA
22-11-2012, 05:33 PM

Completly discarding the fact we were pish the last few years and I cant recall a derby we should have won that we didnt other than the one at the star of this season which we could easily have lost.

What about when we got the pen when rankin or stokes or whover blatantly dived?

Have them beaten over 90 mins and one or two decisions shouldnt matter.

23-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Another incompetent clown but better than most of them in Scotland I would say. Least its not that jambo cheat Thompson!

Stewboy
24-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Dreadful choice - we've won just once (Aberdeen at the end of last season) in the 12 games he's reffed in the last 6 years, losing 7 of them.

It's unbelievable, and implausible, that we keep getting him and Thomson for key games.

Nothing to do with the fact we have been pretty much honking for a fair share of this period of time!?!?

brog
24-11-2012, 09:41 AM

The strange thing is he's only been in charge twice a season for last 6 years. I would think we've had CT & most other refs at least double that. FWIW I'm perfectly happy with CM as our ref.

Bostonhibby
24-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Good! IMO ( & despite being a Yam as a boy ) he's the best ref in Scotland by a mile. He also reffed the 81% game so perhaps a good cup omen!

I actually don't mind him, knew he was a Yam, but he is a good ref from the games I have watched him in. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me...........