PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fans Injured in Rome

Skanko79
22-11-2012, 08:56 AM
After seeing the fixtures involving english clubs in europe this week im surprised we made it to thursday before hearing of any "bother"

Spurs fan stabbed in early morning brawl involving 100 Lazio ultras.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20442906

LancashireHibby
22-11-2012, 08:58 AM
I know Man Utd and Middlesbrough have both been ambushed in Rome in the past (and possibly Liverpool as well?) when playing Lazio, Roma or both. Will be a nice addition to their roll of 'honour' after the racist chanting at White Hart Lane.

lobster
22-11-2012, 09:08 AM
After seeing the fixtures involving english clubs in europen this week im surprised we made it to thursday before hearing of any "bother"

Spurs fan stabbed in early morning brawl involving 100 Lazio ultras.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20442906

Typical fascist cowards. Turn up tooled up without warning. Change sides in a war when they are on the losing side. ****.
Hope the Spurs fans are alright.

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Typical fascist cowards. Turn up tooled up without warning. Change sides in a war when they are on the losing side. ****.
Hope the Spurs fans are alright.

Aye and what about those Germans.

lobster
22-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Aye and what about those Germans.
They stayed on the same side. 'World at War' was pretty good.

hibsbollah
22-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Some of the most violent fascist fans in Europe visited by the most prominent 'jewish' club in Europe. Was always on the cards.

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 12:15 PM
They stayed on the same side. 'World at War' was pretty good.

So they did, fine upstanding lot they were too, no cowardice showed at all when herding woman and children!

lobster
22-11-2012, 12:43 PM
So they did, fine upstanding lot they were too, no cowardice showed at all when herding woman and children!

Oh dear. You seem a little confused. I was referring to Italian Fascists/Lazio Ultras and their cowardice. You seem to be on a different track altogether.

hibIBZ
22-11-2012, 12:44 PM
when are uefa going to stop this? this is the latest in a line of fan problems in italy over the last 10 years. english teams got banned in the 80s

Frazerbob
22-11-2012, 12:48 PM
when are uefa going to stop this? this is the latest in a line of fan problems in italy over the last 10 years. english teams got banned in the 80s

English teams were banned due to the trouble and deaths at Hysel, which can effectively be traced back to trouble in Rome. The irony!

lobster
22-11-2012, 12:59 PM
English teams were banned due to the trouble and deaths at Hysel, which can effectively be traced back to trouble in Rome. The irony!

Absolutely. In the aftermath of Liverpools victory in 1984 I think. Clearly not an excuse for what happened but a feasible explanation.
I dont condone football violence but it seems that most hooligans/ultras have some kind of code where they arrange to meet and confront one another. It seems the Roman fascists dont do this instead just attacking any fans. They ironically pride themselves on some kind of age old Roman honour but they are deluded cowards.

green&left
22-11-2012, 01:15 PM
With 5500 Spurs in the capital tonight im sure this will just be the start off it.

LeighLoyal
22-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Some doing handed out. Why do they hate them so much?

http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/11/22/foto/guerriglia_urbana_a_campo_dei_fiori-47159650/1/?ref=HRER2-1 (http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/11/22/foto/guerriglia_urbana_a_campo_dei_fiori-47159650/1/?ref=HRER2-1)

Skanko79
22-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Some doing handed out. Why do they hate them so much?

http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/11/22/foto/guerriglia_urbana_a_campo_dei_fiori-47159650/1/?ref=HRER2-1 (http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/11/22/foto/guerriglia_urbana_a_campo_dei_fiori-47159650/1/?ref=HRER2-1)

Probably because of tottenham's jewish ties, lazio are renowned for having a very vocal fascist part of thier support so thats probably been the cause of it.

either that or just wanting to be able to say they got one over on an english mob.

remember not so long ago lazio fans unfurling a huge banner/flag with a picture of that serbian warlord, arkan on it. radges.

green&left
22-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Mixture of Roma and Lazio facsists according to Italian sources. 15 arrests.

Would explain the Palestine and Free Gaza flags unfurled on Romas Curva Sud on Monday and the Palestine flag being flown by Lazio fans in recent weeks I guess...

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Oh dear. You seem a little confused. I was referring to Italian Fascists/Lazio Ultras and their cowardice. You seem to be on a different track altogether.

No not confused at all, I know perfectly well what your post was referring to.

hibsbollah
22-11-2012, 02:46 PM
I was reading that Using knives is a peculiarly Roman thing. Other Italian ultras stopped using knives and had a sort of amnesty after a Genoa fan died in 2009 but Lazio and Roma ultras still go around stabbing innocent fans. They aim for the erchie as a sort of humiliation for the victim.

Phil D. Rolls
22-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Some of the most violent fascist fans in Europe visited by the most prominent 'jewish' club in Europe. Was always on the cards.

COUGH Ajax COUGH

givescotlandfreedom
22-11-2012, 02:53 PM
COUGH Ajax COUGH

I'm intrigued by that one, I think I read somewhere that Ajax don't have a particularly large Jewish fanbase but started bringing a Jewish element into their club as a way to antagonise a fascist rival. Would be interesting to find out.

lobster
22-11-2012, 02:59 PM
No not confused at all, I know perfectly well what your post was referring to.

Then why attempt to take things in a completely different direction? The thread is concerned with the cowardly attack by a large group of well-armed Italian fascists on a small group of Spurs fans merely having a good time in a pub in Rome which i'm sure we agree is deplorable. My post was stating that not only are they cowardly ratbags but they are historically dishonourable into the bargain. This is ironic given their fascist predisposition which is based on dubious notions of honour.

Btw I wonder if Paolo Di Canio will be on TV tonight to defend his comrades?

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Then why attempt to take things in a completely different direction? The thread is concerned with the cowardly attack by a large group of well-armed Italian fascists on a small group of Spurs fans merely having a good time in a pub in Rome which i'm sure we agree is deplorable. My post was stating that not only are they cowardly ratbags but they are historically dishonourable into the bargain. This is ironic given their fascist predisposition which is based on dubious notions of honour.

Btw I wonder if Paolo Di Canio will be on TV tonight to defend his comrades?

I wasn't trying that at all, I was referring to your historical description of labelling Italians dishonourable because of their actions during the war, a sort of one tag fits all which is nonsense IMO, so I used the German example to illustrate that.

Paolo Di Canio once won a fair play award so he can't be all bad.:wink:

lobster
22-11-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm intrigued by that one, I think I read somewhere that Ajax don't have a particularly large Jewish fanbase but started bringing a Jewish element into their club as a way to antagonise a fascist rival. Would be interesting to find out.

Like Spurs Ajax have a Jewish connection in their heritage. However its not as pronounced as is sometimes conveyed in the media. Alarmingly these days it seems to be becoming centre stage and you have to wonder whether this attack was partly fuelled by a rise in anti-semitism across Europe. Especially bizarre in the case of the new Roman fascists because originally Mussolini's fascists werent anti-semitic.
I'm sure we havent heard the last of this story.

lobster
22-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I wasn't trying that at all, I was referring to your historical description of labelling Italians dishonourable because of their actions during the war, a sort of one tag fits all which is nonsense IMO.

Italian Fascists. The distinction is important. Your interpretation of my words is at the very least mistaken.

lobster
22-11-2012, 03:12 PM
I wasn't trying that at all, I was referring to your historical description of labelling Italians dishonourable because of their actions during the war, a sort of one tag fits all which is nonsense IMO, so I used the German example to illustrate that.

Paolo Di Canio once won a fair play award so he can't be all bad.:wink:

Certainly wasnt much in the way of fair play last night in Rome. Which is my point.
Great player. Grotesque politics.

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Italian Fascists. The distinction is important. Your interpretation of my words is at the very least mistaken.

Aha, where's that red faced foot in mouth smiley when you need it :embarrass

Billy Whizz
22-11-2012, 03:23 PM
About 15 years or so ago, I went with my company on a corporate trip with a few customers to see Italy v England in the Olympic Stadium in Rome. This gane ended 0-0 and England qualified for the World Cup.
The scenes inside and outside the ground were disgraceful. The police were hitting us with baton's in the way in, for no reason. Inside the ground objects were being hurled at each other.
I hope that if we qualify for Europe again, we never get an Italian team

NAE NOOKIE
22-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Most clubs in Europe have a moronic element ... some worse than others. Lazio have always been up there with the worst. Just being morons has never been enough .. they have to be ultra right wing fascist morons.

Hope Spurs tear them a new one .... on the park.

Skanko79
22-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Just read as well Gazza will be facing his fear of flying to make an appearance at tonights game.

Skanko79
22-11-2012, 03:33 PM
About 15 years or so ago, I went with my company on a corporate trip with a few customers to see Italy v England in the Olympic Stadium in Rome. This gane ended 0-0 and England qualified for the World Cup.
The scenes inside and outside the ground were disgraceful. The police were hitting us with baton's in the way in, for no reason. Inside the ground objects were being hurled at each other.
I hope that if we qualify for Europe again, we never get an Italian team

seen Lazio play Palermo in there last year and it kicked of before and after the game amongst themselves!!