PDA

View Full Version : Ross County - trying to create bother?

The Sea-gull
22-11-2012, 08:36 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ross-county-captain-richard-brittain-1449831

Not only does Derek Adams seem to have a massive chip on his shoulder, it now seems to be rubbing off on their players.

They seem to be trying to create a false "nobody likes us we don't care attitude".

I have never heard any fan, player, manager or pundit say that they don't think county should be in the SPL. I actually think they add something with the extra trip to the Highlands and the Highland derby. Look like they can more than hold their own with the other teams too. Think this is a widely shared view too.

I don't know why they have to resort to trying to create this "everyone doesn't like us" mentality. Unless it just shows up their own insecurities and the manager is encourging this kind of talk as he is not confident they can win games based on their footballing ability alone.

I remember last year Adams and his players got up the noses of a good few first division managers and players.

What they are forgetting is that many of the players and clubs have been travelling to the Highlands for years to play Inverness so I can't see why anyone would be bemoaning the prospect of a journey up there as a lot of them are used to it now. Inverness have been in the league for 8 of the last 9 seasons and Dingwall is only an extra 15 - 20 mins from Inverness.

dangermouse
22-11-2012, 08:58 AM
I don't give a toss what the Staggies think. Let them moan all they want as long as we do the business against them.

Bill Milne
22-11-2012, 09:01 AM
It's not just Derek Adams. So many SPL managers, and one particular SFL manager, have no respect for others clubs and regularly spout pish to get up other peoples' noses. Come on down, Kenny Shiels, Stuart McCall and Super Ally.

lucky
22-11-2012, 09:03 AM
A no mark club who don't come into anyones thinking bar ICT. Interesting they make these comments as they slide down the table

The Sea-gull
22-11-2012, 09:32 AM
It's not just Derek Adams. So many SPL managers, and one particular SFL manager, have no respect for others clubs and regularly spout pish to get up other peoples' noses. Come on down, Kenny Shiels, Stuart McCall and Super Ally.

Like Stuart McCall to be honest. Always thought he comes over well and is one of the good guys.

Prefer Kenny Shiels to Derek Adams. Shiels is a wind up merchant but you can tell a lot of what he says is designed to annoy people and is very much tongue in cheek. There is something a bit more spiteful about Derek Adams.

KeithTheHibby
22-11-2012, 09:45 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ross-county-captain-richard-brittain-1449831

Not only does Derek Adams seem to have a massive chip on his shoulder, it now seems to be rubbing off on their players.

They seem to be trying to create a false "nobody likes us we don't care attitude".

I have never heard any fan, player, manager or pundit say that they don't think county should be in the SPL. I actually think they add something with the extra trip to the Highlands and the Highland derby. Look like they can more than hold their own with the other teams too. Think this is a widely shared view too.

I don't know why they have to resort to trying to create this "everyone doesn't like us" mentality. Unless it just shows up their own insecurities and the manager is encourging this kind of talk as he is not confident they can win games based on their footballing ability alone.

I remember last year Adams and his players got up the noses of a good few first division managers and players.

What they are forgetting is that many of the players and clubs have been travelling to the Highlands for years to play Inverness so I can't see why anyone would be bemoaning the prospect of a journey up there as a lot of them are used to it now. Inverness have been in the league for 8 of the last 9 seasons and Dingwall is only an extra 15 - 20 mins from Inverness.

"nobody likes us we don't care attitude".?

Personally couldn't give a flying about this silly little club. Fair play to them winning the league last year but give it another couple and they will be back in the first division.

Judas Iscariot
22-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Derek Adams is a wee fanny

McIntosh
22-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Like Stuart McCall to be honest. Always thought he comes over well and is one of the good guys.

Prefer Kenny Shiels to Derek Adams. Shiels is a wind up merchant but you can tell a lot of what he says is designed to annoy people and is very much tongue in cheek. There is something a bit more spiteful about Derek Adams.

Had the very good fortune, many years ago to meet Kenny Shiels in Easter Road. He was walking down the street visiting his son. He was a very open, considerate, respectful and humble man. I could not say the same for Derek Adams When I met him, good God he was something else and it was not nice!!!

marinello59
22-11-2012, 09:57 AM
"nobody likes us we don't care attitude".?

Personally couldn't give a flying about this silly little club. Fair play to them winning the league last year but give it another couple and they will be back in the first division.

That 'silly little club' certainly seem to have upset the sensitivities of some here. I can't really see much there to get over excited about. Good on them for rattling things up a wee bit though. A very well run club who refused to let their small fanbase stop them from heading to the top league. We have far too many established clubs happy to wallow in the depths of our league system for decades.

euansdad
22-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Paranoia spreading across Scotland from Glasgow it seems

The Sea-gull
22-11-2012, 10:12 AM
That 'silly little club' certainly seem to have upset the sensitivities of some here. I can't really see much there to get over excited about. Good on them for rattling things up a wee bit though. A very well run club who refused to let their small fanbase stop them from heading to the top league. We have far too many established clubs happy to wallow in the depths of our league system for decades.

I agree. I actually like them as a club and think they add something to the league. Got a lot of time for what they have achiveed and how they have achieved it.

Just don't see the need for their manager and now their cpatain to try to stir things up in the press. Brittain talks about disrespect towards them - as far as I can see it is their manager who is the one who has shown a lack of respect.

The Sea-gull
22-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Had the very good fortune, many years ago to meet Kenny Shiels in Easter Road. He was walking down the street visiting his son. He was a very open, considerate, respectful and humble man. I could not say the same for Derek Adams When I met him, good God he was something else and it was not nice!!!

I know someone who met DA at some sort of SFA fans and players dinner a few years ago (before his stint at Hibs). He said DA clearly did not like mixing with the fans and was rude bordering on aggressive towards them when they asked him anything about his career.

Did any Hibs fans get any chat with him when he was with us? If so, what was he like?

stuart62
22-11-2012, 11:11 AM
We went up to Dingwall + had a great day out, the fans were really friendly. It was refreshing to go there rather than some of the usual haunts !!

Agree Derek Adams is a t!t tho...

Allant1981
22-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Richie brittain is a pain in the hole who thinks he is better than he is and has been like that since he was a wee laddie, hopefully we give them a doing next time we play them and shut him and his boss up

Broken Gnome
22-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Bit like what Pressley did when he took over after Falkirk. All those claims that everyone wanted to see them go down when no one really gave a damn. Lazy 'trendy' Mourinho-style copycat management.

ancient hibee
22-11-2012, 11:53 AM
If Brittain was to read some of the comments on here he would no doubt say"told you".It's evidently not right for other clubs employees to be disrespectful-whatever that means-(he describes Hibs as a top club) but perfectlyOK if you're a Hibs fan.

CalgaryHibs
22-11-2012, 01:00 PM

Agree its great for football but if they think that way f- them!

iwasthere1972
22-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Can't really see any harm in what he said. :confused:

Is it just me?

HibbyRod
22-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Can't really see any harm in what he said. :confused:

Is it just me?

No not just you.

As far as I can see, he was really going on about people moaning about the traveling up the A9 to Dingwall. Also, pointing out that their reverse trips down the A9 for their away matches cuts both ways.

Don't really see why they are being berated for that? :confused: too.

I was at the game in Dingwall and, despite the unlucky defeat, enjoyed my time in Dinwall - friendly locals, nice wee stadium and a great atmosphere throughout.

lyonhibs
22-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I have nothing against Ross County and agree a new side in the SPL can only be a good thing. They deserve to be where they are.

That said, one of my flatmates in 1st year was a Ross County fan - and part-time Hun (or perhaps vice-versa) - and he was an absolute 1st class roaster.

So, on that childish basis, f*** 'em :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
22-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Had a good time in Dingwall for the Scottish Cup tie a couple of seasons ago. Great place for an away game with the ground being so close to the town centre and the RC fans were friendly too.

The trouble is that Its less than 200 miles from Edinburgh to Dingwall, but it takes more than 3 hours to get there. Says more about Scotlands infrastructure that anything.

I've never heard anybody say RC shouldnt be in the SPL. In fact the only time this ever gets mentioned is when folk connected with Ross County say " folk dont want us in the SPL "

They are just trying to forge a nobody wants us myth in order to give the club ( players and supporters ) a backs to the wall mentality. Its nothing to do with how far it is to get to Dingwall. Hell Gorgie is only about 2 miles from Easter Road and I dont want the Yams in the SPL.