PDA

View Full Version : famous 5 legend urges hibs supporters to dig deep for the yams.

Ultrabee1-0
22-11-2012, 02:08 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/famous-five-legend-lawrie-reilly-calls-on-hibs-fans-to-back-hearts-with-cash-1-2650203?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

I can see his point but I want the **** to rot to the core and be where there role model huns are.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2012, 02:14 AM
Never thought I would see myself disagreeing with the great man but there's no danger that they're getting any donation from me.

They'll get my ticket money for the New Year derby (if they make it until then) and even that's grudged.

No more.

Pete
22-11-2012, 02:49 AM
I'll dig something for them alright!

As for my cash...that will be going towards hibs thank you, not towards a hearts tax bill or players wages.

NOLA
22-11-2012, 03:16 AM
ive got some multicoloured pish they can have for free, must be worth a few bob.

hibbytam
22-11-2012, 03:19 AM
I'll dig something for them alright!

As for my cash...that will be going towards hibs thank you, not towards a hearts tax bill or players wages.

I think one has to actually read the quoted part, rather than the headline. Particularly the line
"But, in terms of surviving, I truly believe that Hibs supporters should donate money to keep the Hearts in the game if it looks like they could go to the wall."

By which I think he means if it is certain they will go to the wall, without any hope of return, ever.

He's not saying 'give hearts money now.'

Also quite liked the line " You can be great rivals but, at the same time, 
appreciate how important you are to each other.” Hibs class.

Cabbage East
22-11-2012, 05:16 AM
**** that.

Phil D. Rolls
22-11-2012, 06:36 AM
I think one has to actually read the quoted part, rather than the headline. Particularly the line
"But, in terms of surviving, I truly believe that Hibs supporters should donate money to keep the Hearts in the game if it looks like they could go to the wall."

By which I think he means if it is certain they will go to the wall, without any hope of return, ever.

Lawrie is entitled to his opinion. I disagree with him on this one. Respect is taking people's words at face value, rather than trying to make excuses for them.

lord bunberry
22-11-2012, 06:58 AM

From where im sitting it looks like they are close to going to the wall now

Dinkydoo
22-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Maybe we could buy them if they are definitely going to go to the wall, merge the clubs into a kind of 'Edinburgh Super Team'; we'd still be called Hibernian, play at Easter Road and wear the famous bottle green of course :devil:

euansdad
22-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Sorry to have to disagree with the great man but no money for them lot will ever come from me. Their arrogance and superior deluded mentality, not to mention the mercer days, means I will never ever contribute to their cause

oregonhibby
22-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Headlines are headlines and what the intent of what he said will have been different. He recognises the importance of both teams and as a last resort we should assist in any way we can.

From my point of view we should deal with our own situation first. You would do that with your own finances if you were in trouble before handing anything to anyone. If the other side can raise £600k on a share offer for the Titanic we should be able to raise more for a viable business model and help Hibernian's future.

Keith_M
22-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Reilly is from a very different era so you can understand his sentiment. When he was playing, there wasn't the same hatred between supporters of the clubs as there is now.

Maybe in those days, if Hearts had been facing a situation similar to Third Lanark (and not as it is now with their misguided attempts to make themselves a really 'Big Club'), a lot of supporters would probably have done what they could to help out.

This is a very different age and set of circumstances though. We as a support would donate as much to them as they would to us if the situations were reversed. In fact, remind me, how much did Hearts fans raise to prevent the demise of Hibs in 1990?

Hibs07p
22-11-2012, 08:20 AM
I,m sorry Lawrie, but I can't swallow that one. While I appreciate your views and your off field playing memories against THEM, they changed the rules of fair competition back in 1990, and have tried to trample all over us ever since. The quicker they evaporate the better as far as I'm concerned.

GGTTH.

Saorsa
22-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Not a ****in' chance, not a brass ****in' razoo will they get from me.

Steve20
22-11-2012, 08:45 AM
If anyone has spare cash to put into a football club, they'd be better giving it to Hibs than them.

Bill Milne
22-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Lawrie is from a time when fans regularly attended both grounds every home game and more respect was given. That, IMO, has virtually been eliminated in the under 40s and his opinion, while needing to be respected, is no longer valid. I am not attending the New Year derby as I have no wish to help them.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-11-2012, 09:01 AM
No chance Lawrie!, as much as I respect you and realize that in your day it was different but nowadays this is not on, they are a shower of cheating deluded muppets who think they are above every one else when in fact they are a bunch of crooks, to hell with them, they've made their bed so they can lie in it...

#FromTheCapital
22-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Wouldn't dream of giving that mob any money, they dug themselves into this hole and have denied us a great chance at 2 scottish cups because of their arrogance and cheating. Sorry Lawrie but its a no from me.

Imagine giving hearts money when hibs have only recently released a statement asking for the fans to get behind them more.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Naw Lawrie, just naw.

Hainan Hibs
22-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Oh I'll be digging deep for them alright:agree:

http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.dialadigger.biz/images/large_digger.jpg

Jim44
22-11-2012, 09:29 AM
On your bike, Lawrie. When the Jambos get out of the tunnel, of which I have no doubt whatsoever, we will continue to be the butt of their arrogant contempt. How ironic would it be if their return to grace was partially funded by Hibbys? Enjoy their embarrassment and discomfort as long as it lasts. :smug:

VickMackie
22-11-2012, 09:31 AM
This is a definition of Hibs Class IMO. Luckily I'm not hibs class on this one.

They've overspent and lapped it up to the verge of oblivion. They'll get what they deserve when they're out of business.

We've just posted to large losses in a row. Our club needs our money.

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Boooooooooooooo

ermmm naw

Spike Mandela
22-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Lawrie comes from an age where people used to think nothing of going to see Hibs one week then Hearts the next.

Can't help thinking, as we get hung up on bitter, nasty and petty little exchanges with opposition fans that if more of us were like Mr Reilly football in this country would be the better for it.

WindyMiller
22-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Lawrie comes from an age where people used to think nothing of going to see Hibs one week then Hearts the next.

Can't help thinking, as we get hung up on bitter, nasty and petty little exchanges with opposition fans that if more of us were like Mr Reilly football in this country would be the better for it.

:agree:

Jim44
22-11-2012, 09:52 AM

You're right, but we're not and it isn't. Remember, it's cash only. :greengrin

PeeJay
22-11-2012, 09:55 AM

:top marksExactly - did it myself when I was younger: every game at ER then Tynie when Hibs were away.

I don't see any point in hoping all the other clubs go bust so we are left standing - Edinburgh needs two strong and solid clubs, Scottish football needs them too -

I don't want them to go out of business, but I do want us to be so much better than them so that they wish they had gone out of business.

Well done to a true Hibs legend for a reasoned, considerate and common sense approach to something that affects Edinburgh and the Scottish game - if you're looking for Hibs class - look no further than LR!

JimBHibees
22-11-2012, 09:58 AM

Good to see a bit of context rather than the ridiculous headline.

Mikey
22-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Why the **** is anyone showing any sympathy whatsoever towards them? This isn't a new phenomenon, brought on by the inability to pay the nasty tax man. They've been overspending for as long as I can remember and that goes back 30+ years.

And with has overspending has come the occasional success and permanent superiority complex. It's payback time and the only ones who should be paying back are Hearts fans.

If you've got a spare 20 quid to chuck at a football team then chuck it at your own football team whether that be Hibs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock or whoever. Bailing out Hearts is absolutely ludicrous.

Jim44
22-11-2012, 10:11 AM

If it looks like they might go to the wall......... there's the rub. How and when will we know they are nearly at the wall? Hold on till it's a sure thing and it will be too late and money wasted. Donate now when their demise is only a possibility and your cash might simply end up surplus to requirements .......

Hiber-nation
22-11-2012, 10:16 AM
:top marksExactly - did it myself when I was younger: every game at ER then Tynie when Hibs were away.

I don't see any point in hoping all the other clubs go bust so we are left standing - Edinburgh needs two strong and solid clubs, Scottish football needs them too -

I don't want them to go out of business, but I do want us to be so much better than them so that they wish they had gone out of business.

Well done to a true Hibs legend for a reasoned, considerate and common sense approach to something that affects Edinburgh and the Scottish game - if you're looking for Hibs class - look no further than LR!

Spot on. The prospect of us kicking herts erses for years to come is probably as good as it gets for me. I certainly won't be giving them a penny and I probably hate hearts more than some folk who want them deid but if they go out of business its a bad day for Hibs.

PeeKay
22-11-2012, 10:19 AM
I am not even sure in the current climate that I would give money unconditionally to Hibs. If there was a share issue I would certainly buy shares in Hibs, but only if there was then going to be supporter representation on the Board. Even if I won the lottery, while I might think about giving some of it to Hibs, I would either want something in return - a life-time season ticket or something like that, or I would want it ear-marked for a particulr purpose like youth development. But give money to Romanov? I cannot understand why anyone, even Yams, would want to do that.

Jim44
22-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Lest ye forget .............................

"Cannot wait to take our current situation out on the Lochend whipping boys. Never thought I could get as excited about another chance to beat that bunch of tramps again after 19 May, but with everything that has been going on recently, I am looking forward to our next couple of meetings with some amount of impatience."

"they really are the gift that keeps on giving"

"These goons are going to get one almighty backlash, I reckon. It could be beautiful."

"They really are not a great team. Fair enough if you don't fancy it much, I can understand it, they have ridden a lot of luck so far this season and are above us in the league.
Me on the other hand? I predict a massive backlash and a few of our players actually sorting themselves out and playing to the best of their abilities. I think we will turn them over.
There is not a team in this league that we should fear, very much of a muchness outside of the hooped demons ... This usually becomes apparent ten minutes in to a game in the SPL, where that much lauded UTD or Motherwell side turn out to in fact just be the same old mediocre pish they have always been... Hibs are no exception.
As for The Thumb... How many times has he been on the winning side against Hearts? How many derbies has he won? How many derby goals has he scored? How many times has he scored against our first choice back four?
The day I fear playing that joke club of ***** is the day I give up altogether.

Bring on the tramps"

Thecat23
22-11-2012, 10:36 AM
No chance I'll give anything now. I'll be honest here, if Hearts were just another average club and hadn't went mental with wages and buying players they couldn't afford then i'd think about maybe helping them. If they were struggling after years of being on a level playing field like the rest then you could just about understand that some football teams may suffer. For instance the Pars.. They are a club that haven't done anything outrageous but find themselves on the brink. But Hearts caused this huge debt. They bought into the whole Vlad thing and how they were going to rule the footballing universe.

Hearts along with 99% of their arrogant supporters can go raffle themselves (no pun intended) THEIR MESS, THEIR DEBT, THEIR PROBLEM. :bye:

NAE NOOKIE
22-11-2012, 11:30 AM
No

silverhibee
22-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Headlines are headlines and what the intent of what he said will have been different. He recognises the importance of both teams and as a last resort we should assist in any way we can.

From my point of view we should deal with our own situation first. You would do that with your own finances if you were in trouble before handing anything to anyone. If the other side can raise £600k on a share offer for the Titanic we should be able to raise more for a viable business model and help Hibernian's future.

That's if you believe they have raised £600k in a couple of weeks, i think they are telling porkies to the mutants about how much they have really raised. :cb

hibees 7062
22-11-2012, 12:06 PM
NAW :fenlon

Hibercelona
22-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Dig in to save a club that has embarrassed us time and time again on the pitch, due to financial cheating? :bitchy:

I respect our legends greatly, but i'd prefer it if they put a hush on the matter.

Let them dig themselves out of their grave. (And if they can't, then it's their own fault for digging the hole too deep!)

silverhibee
22-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Sorry Mr Reilly, but any Hibs supporter with any spare cash should be spending it on Hibs, not that shower of cheats and liars across the city, so its a no from me, i doubt i will go to the Derby game against them at the PBS.

A beam back to ER would suit me to watch that game.

F*** the h*****

GGTTH

Paisley Hibby
What's it to be - chip in some cash to help Hibs hang on to Griffiths, Claros and McGivern or donate it towards Vlad's tax bill? Must be the easiest question I've ever been asked :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
Why the **** is anyone showing any sympathy whatsoever towards them? This isn't a new phenomenon, brought on by the inability to pay the nasty tax man. They've been overspending for as long as I can remember and that goes back 30+ years.

And with has overspending has come the occasional success and permanent superiority complex. It's payback time and the only ones who should be paying back are Hearts fans.

If you've got a spare 20 quid to chuck at a football team then chuck it at your own football team whether that be Hibs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock or whoever. Bailing out Hearts is absolutely ludicrous.

If you have any spare cash, hand it over to Hibs.

We're not exactly in the most financially sound position at the moment and the club needs all the help you can give.

The cheats can GTF.

dangermouse
22-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Maybe we could buy them if they are definitely going to go to the wall, merge the clubs into a kind of 'Edinburgh Super Team'; we'd still be called Hibernian, play at Easter Road and wear the famous bottle green of course :devil:

I'm surprised no one has thought of this before now :greengrin

clerriehibs
22-11-2012, 12:53 PM
FTHearts

Golden Bear
22-11-2012, 12:54 PM
April fools day in November - that must be a first.

Just no chance Lawrie ------------------- absolutely NO CHANCE!!

:no way:

Geo_1875
22-11-2012, 02:57 PM
No, just no.

They've spent years lording it over us, outbidding us for every player we've been interested in with money they clearly don't have. They're now in trouble and tell everybody that they are too big an institution to be allowed to disappear.

Well **** them. It can't happen soon enough for me. I'll quite happily never see another derby once they are dead.

The Green Goblin
22-11-2012, 03:54 PM
The real question here is: where exactly is the "wall"? Can you see it on Google maps? Is it made of granite stones?

And just how far away from it are Hearts? Why are they all deciding to go to "the wall"? What's there that'sso interesting anyway?

Is there a bus stop nearby? Do City Cab taxis ever go there? Is the "wall" near a projected tram stop?

I think we should be told the answers to some of these important questions :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
22-11-2012, 04:00 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/famous-five-legend-lawrie-reilly-calls-on-hibs-fans-to-back-hearts-with-cash-1-2650203?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

I can see his point but I want the **** to rot to the core and be where there role model huns are.

Still dont understand why anyone has to help out a multi millionaire with money to keep his club afloat ???:greengrin

legends of 73
22-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Sorry but they won't be even getting a sniff of my stemming jobby never mind any cash:cb

Franck Stanton
22-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Never thought I would see myself disagreeing with the great man but there's no danger that they're getting any donation from me.

They'll get my ticket money for the New Year derby (if they make it until then) and even that's grudged.

No more.

Share the same sentiments, in fact can I only pay half-price as I will only be watching one team. :fenlon

Franck Stanton
22-11-2012, 04:27 PM

Sounds like a plan - wait a minute, didn't someone try something similar back in the '90's ?

ronaldo7
22-11-2012, 04:30 PM
It's ok Lawrie, we won't have to save them, City cabs are going to do it:devil:

Macaroon
22-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Genuinely cannot believe people are refusing to buy a ticket on the grounds that half of the money goes to Hearts. What happened to supporting Hibs :rolleyes:

Saorsa
22-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I normally like tae read what he has tae say but IMO he's so far wide of the mark I didnae even bother reading it after I saw what it was about. Help save the the club that tried tae kill mine? Help save a club that has over spent and cheated their way tae success? (some of it at our expense). Not while I live and breath, not a ****in' chance. Every spare quid I have is going tae my club.

Sooner that grubby little club goes goes tae the wall the better. **** h****s.

ScottB
22-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Thing is, at the moment, nobody is giving money to Hearts, they are giving money to Romanov.

I can see his point, he's from an era before the more hate filled atmosphere descended. Should a new, contrite Hearts emerge from the wreckage, shed of all its 'big team' arrogance then maybe that's the time to call out, and maybe some Hibs fans would extend their good will.

But right now, their club is a basket case and is currently fleecing money out if its support that could well never go anywhere other than an already rich Russians pocket. To call on anybody else to give money to this 'cause' is simply wrong.

KiddA
22-11-2012, 06:58 PM
No way, I would rather put my money into my own club thanks :agree:

QMU-1875
22-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Not a chance hearts will get a penny from me, bunch ai roasters

Diclonius
22-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Genuinely cannot believe people are refusing to buy a ticket on the grounds that half of the money goes to Hearts. What happened to supporting Hibs :rolleyes:

It's quite ironic that the same people on this forum who claim "they care more about us losing than them winning" more than likely feel exactly the same way about Hearts.

I don't give a **** where my money goes, I want to watch us beat them. Until then I'd rather big up my own team rather than "laugh" at or point out the shortcomings of a team we haven't beaten in over three years.

euansdad
22-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Sorry Mr Reilly, but any Hibs supporter with any spare cash should be spending it on Hibs, not that shower of cheats and liars across the city, so its a no from me, i doubt i will go to the Derby game against them at the PBS.

A beam back to ER would suit me to watch that game.

F*** the h*****

GGTTH

True we are in debt after all

PatHead
22-11-2012, 08:06 PM
The only digging I would happily do for them is a six foot hole. Once they are in it and its filled I will quite happily piss on it too. Anyone could form a queue behind me if they want.

monktonharp
22-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I am astonished at Lawrie Reilly's comments, and yes I do know that he is from a different era altogether, but he must be getting us mixed up with someone that actually gives a wi' wat happens to them if they go to the wall. sorry Lawrie, we dont want to see them tottering on the edge of the abyss................we want to see them slipping into it,grabbing onto each other,throwing their fellow men in front of them,bairns, wimmin,dugs, budgies etc, but slipping into it nonetheless.:cb

Bostonhibby
22-11-2012, 08:42 PM

Not for me, sorry, you have to look at what they have done and how they have behaved whilst enjoying the excesses that their arrogance and disregard for / abuse of the system brought.

There was an era where there may not have been much between the players of the clubs and those who ran them, but I think its a long time ago, certainly to be lamented but definitely dead and buried doon Gorgie way, probably before Vlad but he certainly drove it home.

Ideally I never want to see modern day Hearts again, but i expect the Edinburgh establishment to find some way of accomodating probably as a result of them following the Zombie Hun model but I don't think htey need any Hibbies who were around in the HOH era piping up for them now.

Jonnyboy
22-11-2012, 08:47 PM

Also, I detect a hint of disappointment, from a lot of posters, at Lawrie's words and so to try and redress the balance can I tell you that LR often applauds goals scored by visiting teams at ER (showing his Hibs class) but NEVER applauds when the manky mob score (confirming his Hibs class) :wink:

Bostonhibby
22-11-2012, 08:50 PM
[/B]

Also, I detect a hint of disappointment, from a lot of posters, at Lawrie's words and so to try and redress the balance can I tell you that LR often applauds goals scored by visiting teams at ER (showing his Hibs class) but NEVER applauds when the manky mob score (confirming his Hibs class) :wink:

Can definitely vouch for that.

connerg
22-11-2012, 09:01 PM
No, just no.

They've spent years lording it over us, outbidding us for every player we've been interested in with money they clearly don't have. They're now in trouble and tell everybody that they are too big an institution to be allowed to disappear.

Well **** them. It can't happen soon enough for me. I'll quite happily never see another derby once they are dead.
:top marksSpent too many years being disappointed after derbies, now it turns out that minging mob have been cheating for the last six or seven years!
Wipe them off the face of the planet!!!!!!

erin go bragh
22-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I would not give them the steam of my pish .

ggtth

basehibby
23-11-2012, 12:15 AM
I take his point that the rivalry is a good thing and would be missed - but are they getting a bent farthing of my stash? Not a hope in hell (save supporting the Hibees at Tynie obviously).

Any spare cash I have for the football will be going straight into Paddy' fighting fund - the 400,000 can pay off their own tax bills :na na:

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2012, 05:57 PM
[/B]

Is he giving them any of his own cash? It's just that I heard he was a bit tight fisted. :duck:

weecounty hibby
23-11-2012, 06:54 PM

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: I am just going to remind you of two occasions. One after the first derby match after we had seen off Mercer and another occasion on Gorgie Road after another defeat as we were about to board our bus back to Alloa. Definitely bitter, nasty and petty exchanges. :take that

Good thing is we did come off best both times:scarf:

Oh aye, but sorry LR, I named one of my kids after you but I cannot agree with your sentiments.

Hibeesforever
23-11-2012, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=hibskid9;3421346]http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/famous-five-legend-lawrie-reilly-calls-on-hibs-fans-to-back-hearts-with-cash-1-2650203?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Typical poor Hearts biased press article. The great man didn't say that Hibs fans should be baking cakes, stealing children's xmas present money etc, he simply said that everything should be done to keep an entity called Heart of Midlothian or like it, in existence. He pointed out, it would be a shame if Hibs ended up with no derby rivals.

Hearts will always be around. However, most of the Hearts support probably now realise they will have to go out of business and then return as a pheonix club. Alternative, would be a purchaser agreeing to take on a debt for £24 million and pay Vlad a sum in excess of $4.5 million. If Rangers are ony worth £5 million, then that is just not going to happen.

Listen for the calls for Edinburgh Council to build them a stadium, when they come I will be the first to say: only when the Hearts biased Edinburgh Council finish off the Trams to Leith.

:flag:

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Typical poor Hearts biased press article. The great man didn't say that Hibs fans should be baking cakes, stealing children's xmas present money etc, he simply said that everything should be done to keep an entity called Heart of Midlothian or like it, in existence. He pointed out, it would be a shame if Hibs ended up with no derby rivals.

Hearts will always be around. However, most of the Hearts support probably now realise they will have to go out of business and then return as a pheonix club. Alternative, would be a purchaser agreeing to take on a debt for £24 million and pay Vlad a sum in excess of $4.5 million. If Rangers are ony worth £5 million, then that is just not going to happen.

Listen for the calls for Edinburgh Council to build them a stadium, when they come I will be the first to say: only when the Hearts biased Edinburgh Council finish off the Trams to Leith.

:hmmm:

Oh that's good, I better put my cheque book away then. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-11-2012, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=hibskid9;3421346]http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/famous-five-legend-lawrie-reilly-calls-on-hibs-fans-to-back-hearts-with-cash-1-2650203?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

If that ever happened the council would never get another penny out of me for council tax and I'm sure quite a few others would join in, I'd rather go to jail than let them build a new stadium, you're looking at civil war!...:gun: