PDA

View Full Version : Settle an argument about our ground

euansdad
21-11-2012, 06:03 PM
...... It does have under soil hearing doesn't it? I know, a slow day at work today

TamHibs
21-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes

euansdad
21-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Thank you very much. Erm, guess that wraps this thread up! Might need it working over next few days with the weather up there

Keith_M
21-11-2012, 06:07 PM
ER was the first football ground in Scotland to have undersoil heating.

I remember going to a game v ManU when we were in the 1st Division (1980-1). I think it was Boxing Day and bl**dy cauld and ER was about the only place they could get a game as most pitches throughout the UK were frozen.

I actually think it might have been 1 - 1

Kojock
21-11-2012, 06:12 PM
...... It does have under soil hearing doesn't it? I know, a slow day at work today

Sorry can you speak up.....:confused:

euansdad
21-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Lol was hoping no one would notice that

tamig
21-11-2012, 06:14 PM

I remember going to a game v ManU when we were in the 1st Division (1980-1). I think it was Boxing Day and bl**dy cauld and ER was about the only place they could get a game as most pitches throughout the UK were frozen.

And Shades' fabulous tackle on Bryan Robson - at that time the most expensive player in British football.

The famous Benny hat-trick game was also thanks to the undersoil heating when just about every other game in the land was frozen off.

Billy Whizz
21-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Every ground in the SPL must have under soil heating

c31
21-11-2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsUUwTELxnk

clerriehibs
21-11-2012, 06:25 PM

Installed after an awful attempt to get a new year derby played by using braziers down along the old stand side of the pitch. Absolutely trashed the grass! But an innovative effort!

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-11-2012, 06:28 PM

Nice one big Willie Jamieson :cb

iwasthere1972
21-11-2012, 06:29 PM

I was going to go to that match but me and the mate started drinking early in the morning and never made it. I can confirm that it was baltic as well and maybe that was the other reason for not going.

Dave-O
21-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Remember that, Gordon McQueen doing the bicycle kicks.

To this day the coldest game I think I've been too. :agree:

Hibbyradge
21-11-2012, 06:51 PM

A few pals and I met Willie after that game in Tipplers, if I'm not mistaken.

He'd been on a decent run of form and when we congratulated him on his goal and recent performances, he gave us the immortal line, "Goal a game will do me, boys".

Keith_M
22-11-2012, 08:07 PM

2m 45s, the Soldiers Song. Some bunch they ManU fans :wink:

kentao
22-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Every ground in the SPL must have under soil heating

Apart from Motherwell they have the pipes laid but never connected. Well it seems that way with the amount of postponements in recent years.