PDA

View Full Version : overseas fans - Aberdeen and Hearts matches live on Hibs TV

hongkonghibee
21-11-2012, 10:00 AM
HibsTV live international service restored .
Live video and audio streaming is back on for all home matches!
Next 2 matches being broadcast live to overseas supporters (including the Hibs TV commentary team).
Hibs vs Aberdeen
AND
Hibs vs Hearts Cup match
You cannot watch these through the usual official site pages, they have a new landing page.
http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra
Its 10 pounds a match.
Please support this service as its been a long battle to get the Club to re-introduce this service to us overseas fans.

Tom

cockneymike
21-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Next 2 matches being broadcast live to overseas supporters (including the Hibs TV commentary team).
Hibs vs Aberdeen
AND
Hibs vs Hearts Cup match
You cannot watch these through the usual official site pages, they have a new landing page.
Its 10 pounds a match.
Please support this service as its been a long battle to get the Club to re-introduce this service to us overseas fans.

Tom

Tom, I think that I have th international season ticket anyway, do I need to pay another 10 quid do you know? Cheers for your hard work on this!

WellingtonHibby
21-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Cheers hibs. Brilliant work to get to this point. Looking forward to it.

lyonhibs
21-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Assuming no pubs are showing it, I will be buying the H**** game.

hongkonghibee
21-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Tom, I think that I have th international season ticket anyway, do I need to pay another 10 quid do you know? Cheers for your hard work on this!

The International season ticket you have is for the old Perform service which was just re-streaming ESPN, and is not covering these 2 games anyway.
Yes you'll need to pay another 10 pound for each of these matches, and you will need to register yet another new username and password at the new Hibs Xtra web page.
All info can be found here http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra . You cant watch it through the normal Hibs TV on official site.
Hopefully they will come up with a half season ticket for this service later.

pacorosssco
21-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Hibs vs Aberdeen
AND
Hibs vs Hearts Cup match
Its 10 pounds a match.

Tom

excellent. will be buying

JoeTortolanoFanClub
21-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Excellent. Have purchased the Aberdeen game (hope to be home for the Hearts one). Well done to everyone who has worked so hard behind the scenes to make this happen.

Keith_M
21-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Once I get home from work, I'll be signing up for the Aberdeen game.

A big thank you to all :thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
21-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Good work guys. I'm pretty much constantly on the move so will have to watch on a transportable device. What do you recommend, iPad or Laptop?

norwayhibs
21-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Good work guys. I'm pretty much constantly on the move so will have to watch on a transportable device. What do you recommend, iPad or Laptop?

I didnt Get a stream for the United game, apparently something went wrong with the line,but I believe you can use an iPad

California-Hibs
21-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Just purchased the Aberdeen game!! Really looking forward to it and just praying it's a good stream!! :agree::thumbsup:

PeeJay
23-11-2012, 10:59 AM
I purchased the Aberdeen game yesterday (22/11/12) evening, but still haven't received any User name/password data to enable me to actually watch it. I also purchased the Dundee United game recently, but still haven't received any User name/password data for that game - an eternal optimist, I'm hopeful still about the Aberdeen game, but I must admit I've sort of given up on the Dundee United one...

Emails to various people/accounts involved in this service and the Hibs TV International asking for the data or help have all been ignored up till now - BUT my money has been gratefully received. Cheers guys - anybody care to take up my case and explain what is going on?

I'm doing my best to support this service, but you are making it very difficult with this shoddy treatment of your customer base!

Anyone else out there with problems of a similar nature - or is it just me?

Disgruntled in Berlin:brickwall

Craig_in_Prague
23-11-2012, 12:25 PM
just tried to order and says it doesnt recognize billing address.. which definitely is correct.
Great, now what!!

Always issues with HI.

PeeJay
23-11-2012, 12:29 PM
just tried to order and says it doesnt recognize billing address.. which definitely is correct.
Great, now what!!

Always issues with HI.

I'd email Andrew - he's on my case now, so I'm slightly less digruntled.

The hit and miss aspect of this service has obviously been retained though as it seems to be working for some subscribers ... :greengrin

Martin
24-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I purchased the Aberdeen game yesterday (22/11/12) evening, but still haven't received any User name/password data to enable me to actually watch it. I also purchased the Dundee United game recently, but still haven't received any User name/password data for that game - an eternal optimist, I'm hopeful still about the Aberdeen game, but I must admit I've sort of given up on the Dundee United one...

Emails to various people/accounts involved in this service and the Hibs TV International asking for the data or help have all been ignored up till now - BUT my money has been gratefully received. Cheers guys - anybody care to take up my case and explain what is going on?

I'm doing my best to support this service, but you are making it very difficult with this shoddy treatment of your customer base!

Anyone else out there with problems of a similar nature - or is it just me?

Disgruntled in Berlin:brickwall

Can you please email xtra@hiberniantv.co.uk and I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Martin

Martin
24-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Great, now what!!

Always issues with HI.

Can you email xtra@hiberniantv.co.uk and I will try my best to fix for you.

Thanks

Martin

PeeJay
24-11-2012, 11:45 AM
I'ts all working fine now - cheers for your help Martin - now for a good stream and a good game!

Craig_in_Prague
24-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Can you email xtra@hiberniantv.co.uk and I will try my best to fix for you.

Thanks

Martin

Just emailed.
thanks

stirwill
24-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Just signed up for the game v sheep hopefully everything will go ok

pacorosssco
24-11-2012, 01:37 PM
all done and easier than ever before. good effort well done

now for a bottle of sancere

hongkonghibee
24-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Getting pictures now live from Easter Road :thumbsup:

PeeJay
24-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Getting pictures now live from Easter Road :thumbsup:

... it's working down here in Berlin too - the OFs are back on board ... :thumbsup:

Greendub
24-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Cannot thank you guys enough, was still able to get live audio here, but tv is even better!

:pfgwa

JoeTortolanoFanClub
24-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Great pics. Allan, you are too loud though. Sit a wee bit further back from the microphone.

Craig_in_Prague
24-11-2012, 02:53 PM
pic and sound smashing, fingers crossed for a smoothe video all game and more importantly 3 points for the hibees!

JoeTortolanoFanClub
24-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Great pics. Allan, you are too loud though. Sit a wee bit further back from the microphone.

Sound great now !

beastie
24-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Sound great now !

Late in.

Never got a chance to set the laptop up on the TV.

Watchin on ma Android. Shuperb!!

Mon the cabbage :)

hongkonghibee
24-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Very good picture quality with no buffering in first half. commentary entertaining, and atmosphere at ER sounds great. Also having half time interview with James McPake a bonus.
Its good to be back!

CalgaryHibs
24-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Seams everyone is happy so its working ??

beastie
24-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Very good picture quality with no buffering in first half. commentary entertaining, and atmosphere at ER sounds great. Also having half time interview with James McPake a bonus.
Its good to be back!

Flawless here also Tom :)

Got the laptop on the tv now and great to have the half time footage thrown in as well.

We're back!!

GGTTH

JoeTortolanoFanClub
24-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Pity about today's result. But the HibsTV coverage was superb. Great pics and sound. Half time interview with McPake was very good too. GGTTH !

PeeJay
24-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Stream was fine for me, most of the game - great to have the service back - pity about the result, mind you!

Greendub
24-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Stream was good here too, shame about the result but we still played them off the park

beastie
24-11-2012, 05:08 PM
We're back!

Hopefully the goals will be too in the next week!!

GGTTH

California-Hibs
24-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Great stream here in California! Gutted with the result but was pleased with the quality of the Service. Great having the Mcpake interview at half time too! If I had one thing I'd like to see improved it would be that a little more zoom was used to show closer shots of the play at times. Still great though and I'll be regularly buying with the hope that an online season ticket will be available soon :)

StokePogesHibs
24-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Outstanding coverage today. Glad to have you back and count me in four the season ticket!

Billy Whizz
24-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Pity about today's result. But the HibsTV coverage was superb. Great pics and sound. Half time interview with McPake was very good too. GGTTH !

Did he say if he would be fit for Wednesday?

Craig_in_Prague
24-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Did he say if he would be fit for Wednesday?

said he hopes to be and he was close to making todays game, so sounds like theres a good chance he will make next Sunday - if not Wed.

Billy Whizz
24-11-2012, 07:31 PM
said he hopes to be and he was close to making todays game, so sounds like theres a good chance he will make next Sunday - if not Wed.

Good news. I think he needs a game before next Sunday. Would be too long out for such a big tame

Jonnyboy
24-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Am over the moon for you guys getting your service back :thumbsup: Well done too to Martin and Co for reacting and helping where needed. You're in good hands with MG :agree:

Can I ask the overseas guys to check the Overseas Fans Messageboard on Hibs.net? Ta muchly :aok:

Billy Whizz
24-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Am over the moon for you guys getting your service back :thumbsup: Well done too to Martin and Co for reacting and helping where needed. You're in good hands with MG :agree:

Can I ask the overseas guys to check the Overseas Fans Messageboard on Hibs.net? Ta muchly :aok:

Well done everyone who worked to make this happen. I'm sure you enjoyed the performance but not the result.
As an aside, roughly how many subscribe to this?

Big90inOz
25-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Welcome back Hibs TV :thumbsup:
I was a bit worried as I have moved house and don't have as fast a connection as I did before, no need to worry the stream was awesome.

Onwards and upwards :greengrin

The Green Goblin
25-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Was away this weekend, so couldnt subscribe, but will do so for next week. Good stuff all round!

Martin
25-11-2012, 05:50 AM

Cheers Jonnyboy I try my best! been such a positive reaction to the new product. Hope we can continue to deliver above and beyond!

norhfc
25-11-2012, 10:04 AM
just like to add that I really enjoyed the service yesterday,the chat was good and half time was a bonus.

would have bought the Hearts game......but I,ll be there in person :flag:

norwayhibs
25-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I had a few issues during the first half, I think the problem was at my end ( I emailed Hibernian Xtra throughout the first half and they responsed quickly and were helpfull in trying to rectify the problem:aok:) , saw 2 half And thought the stream was excellent, well done for restoring the live games:top marks

hongkonghibee
01-12-2012, 07:02 AM
After the excellent coverage of last weeks Aberdeen match, a reminder to supporters overseas that this Sundays Hearts cup match will again be shown live on http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra .

HiBremian
01-12-2012, 08:19 AM
On holiday on Lanzarote for a few of weeks, in a rental with flaky "broadband" with speeds well under 1Mb. Signed up for Sunday anyway. Looking on it as a test for Hibs TV Xtra, so good coverage will be a bonus here ;-)

Greendub
01-12-2012, 10:09 AM

Where is it?

hibbybrian
01-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Where is it?

You need to get access from an Admin - send a PM requesting access :wink:

also check out

http://hibs-world.net/forum/

Greendub
01-12-2012, 05:00 PM
You need to get access from an Admin - send a PM requesting access :wink:

also check out

http://hibs-world.net/forum/

Cheers :aok:

The Green Goblin
01-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered and bought the game. Looking forward to it...

hibbybrian
01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Cheers :aok:

your registration has now been sorted on hibs-world :wink:

Greendub
01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Good man!

California-Hibs
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Question - Is tomorrow's game only available on the Overseas international site, aka with the Hibs commentators etc, or is it also available through Hibernian tv where they use either ESPN or Sky Sports? :confused: ....

The Green Goblin
01-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Question - Is tomorrow's game only available on the Overseas international site, aka with the Hibs commentators etc, or is it also available through Hibernian tv where they use either ESPN or Sky Sports? :confused: ....

Live video is only available outside uk and ireland. (Not sure if thats what you're asking, but just in case)

hongkonghibee
02-12-2012, 06:20 AM

It is NOT available through the Hibs TV International "live events" subscription (ESPN/Sky/etc).
It is only available through the new Hibernian TV Xtra site, and you need to pay seperately for it, and it will come with Hibs commentators etc.
Of course you also need to be outside the UK.
Tom

CmoantheHibs
02-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Just signed up and paid for the Hearts game.Now going out for some grub and a few beers just to get me in the mood.

hongkonghibee
02-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Getting good picture/sound here in hongkong.
A reminder Hibs Xtra does not work using IE browser.
Im using Firefox and its working fine.
GREAT noise from Easter RD

Steve-O
02-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Sound is good and stream is RELIABLE, but could the picture not be a bit clearer?? I am actually watching another not so legal stream purely because the picture is quite a bit sharper.

PeeJay
02-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Video stream and audio fine here in Berlin 1st half, it's not HD, but it will do me...

beastie
02-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Picture was ok for the lappy.

Obviously paid for the game through Xtra but heard late on
it was on Setanta here.
Now watching on Setanta but with the Hibs commentary and
sync is only about half a second out.

Shame about performance so far though. What is it about playing
these barstewards!!

Mon the cabbage!

The Green Goblin
02-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Couple of bumps early on and loss of feed for a few seconds, but otherwise okay. The performance on the other hand......

Well, hoping for better in the 2nd half

hibbybrian
02-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Sound is good and stream is RELIABLE, but could the picture not be a bit clearer?? I am actually watching another not so legal stream purely because the picture is quite a bit sharper.

Fair comment Steve - but at least now we can watch all home games on Hibs xtra when there are no other streams :wink:

lyonhibs
02-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah, the stream wasn't crystal clear, and the audio got a bit choppy in the 2nd half, but I just watched us pap the filth out of the Scottish Cup, so no complaints from me. Only complaint - though this may be nada to do with anyting the service can control - is that the stream cut out just before the crescendo of Sunshine on Leith after the game.

PeeJay
02-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Had couple of very brief blackouts and some slight buffering 2nd half - otherwise everything was fine for me

Greendub
02-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Lost audio quite a bit in the last 10 mins or so, dunno if someone jumping around like a radge like me knocked something

Greendub
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah, the stream wasn't crystal clear, and the audio got a bit choppy in the 2nd half, but I just watched us pap the filth out of the Scottish Cup, so no complaints from me. Only complaint - though this may be nada to do with anyting the service can control - is that the stream cut out just before the crescendo of Sunshine on Leith after the game.

Aye, glancy said well let you hear SOL then boom, gone, was gutted

beastie
02-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Aye, glancy said well let you hear SOL then boom, gone, was gutted

Was thinkin that myself.

Thought it was Cliff but I was waiting for the chorus then wallop!

Nae SOL :(