PDA

View Full Version : Thomson reffing Hibs last game before cup derby

JimBHibees
20-11-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPL/SPL/Round%2016%20(27-28%20NOV).pdf

Apparently has the midweek game in Perth. Cant say that this appointment fills me with glee given the impact his decisions could have for the cup tie.

green glory
20-11-2012, 10:24 AM
That'll be the third game this season already. Not happy.

hibsbollah
20-11-2012, 10:30 AM
How many refs do they have to choose from? Is it ten?

greenginger
20-11-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPL/SPL/Round%2016%20(27-28%20NOV).pdf

Apparently has the midweek game in Perth. Cant say that this appointment fills me with glee given the impact his decisions could have for the cup tie.

The only offence that would carry over into the Cup-Tie would be an ordering off for violent conduct. Otherwise it would be carried to the next league fixture.

But why are they having league fixtures immediately before a cup-tie. It used to be a rule that postponed fixtures did not have to be played in a cup week.

At least the Yams have got Celtic on the Wednesday night, hope they are thirsting for blood ! We should remind them Vlad accused them of bribing referees. :greengrin

Bill Milne
20-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Assuming the information is correct, I think we can be ready for a key player being sent off for "violent" conduct, which is likely to involve some powderpuff tackling. As far as I am aware, however, referee appointments are not made so far in advance.

Bill Milne
20-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Sorry, I meant to add, not normally so far in advance, though, clearly, this has been done.

Billy Whizz
20-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Assuming the information is correct, I think we can be ready for a key player being sent off for "violent" conduct, which is likely to involve some powderpuff tackling. As far as I am aware, however, referee appointments are not made so far in advance.

I'm sure we rotate a bit with the team that night, give some of the squad a game. Also might be a bit of an opportunity for the likes of Deegan and Clancy to get some fitness.
The game on the Sunday after, is sooooooooo important!!

Keith_M
20-11-2012, 10:51 AM
My guess would be...

Griffiths accidentally backs into Thomson in first minute and says 'sorry'. Sent of for Violent Conduct and reported for abuse of an official.

Not that I'm paranoid :wink:

euansdad
20-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Odd but then again all refs make me paranoid

ZS DOOM
20-11-2012, 10:53 AM
This going to happen every time we get him aye?

He's reffed two games this season and barely put a foot wrong. And when he has it's been in our favour

hibsbollah
20-11-2012, 10:55 AM

He's reffed two games this season and barely put a foot wrong. And when he has it's been in our favour

:tin hat:

dangermouse
20-11-2012, 02:45 PM

:tin hat:

Fallout is correct. On the opening day of the season, United had at least two stonewall penalty claims turned down. Can't remember the opposition for the second game but I recall him not really doing much wrong. Apart from that he's a wee jambo git :greengrin

Thecat23
20-11-2012, 02:57 PM
I can't stand him with a passion but the games he has been the ref this season I thought he's been fair and if anything gave us the 50/50's that we wouldn't get last season. He's still and @rse like.

LeighLoyal
20-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Missed the Jambo gits return teh other week. We know he's a Yam!

hibsbollah
20-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Fallout is correct. On the opening day of the season, United had at least two stonewall penalty claims turned down. Can't remember the opposition for the second game but I recall him not really doing much wrong. Apart from that he's a wee jambo git :greengrin

I agree with fallout too. I used the :tin hat: smiley to suggest hed need to get his tinhat out, not suggesting he's a helmet :greengrin

Piqué
20-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Do bans in the league definitely carry over to the Scottish cup? I know they do for the league cup but I'm unsure for the Scottish. Wouldn't want Craigy boy to send anyone off only to be left disappointed when he realises they can play against hearts. :greengrin

JIm
20-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Do bans in the league definitely carry over to the Scottish cup? I know they do for the league cup but I'm unsure for the Scottish. Wouldn't want Craigy boy to send anyone off only to be left disappointed when he realises they can play against hearts. :greengrin

he's been fine thus far this season when refereeing Hibs games. Whilst his performance in the cup final was "suspect" to say the very least lets not forget he wasn't the reason that we lost that game. Yes he didn't help but there was much more to look at than his poor performance.

JimBHibees
20-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Violent conduct red cards would rule anyone sent off from the Saints game out of the cup tie.

Actually think nearer the end of the United game he was all for giving them a decision and he certainly to me was lenient with Skacel.

500miles
20-11-2012, 06:10 PM
he's been fine thus far this season when refereeing Hibs games. Whilst his performance in the cup final was "suspect" to say the very least lets not forget he wasn't the reason that we lost that game. Yes he didn't help but there was much more to look at than his poor performance.

Debateable. It certainly wouldn't have been the scoreline that it was without him.

JIm
20-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Debateable. It certainly wouldn't have been the scoreline that it was without him.

I do agree, but without going over old ground there were many other factors that he did not influence, tactics (poor/lack of) players, attitudes etc.

Cabbage East
20-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Why the **** do they keep doing this? They know fine well the sensible thing to do is to give it a while before letting him ref our matches yet they decide to do this and give him the United game which was potentially a bad one, which it turned out to be.

500miles
20-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Why the **** do they keep doing this? They know fine well the sensible thing to do is to give it a while before letting him ref our matches yet they decide to do this and give him the United game which was potentially a bad one, which it turned out to be.
He went a full round of fixtures without refereeing a Hibs game after a review which took place after the first game of the season. The review was after complaints from hibs about last season performances, including the final. That's in contrast with last season when he was a regular fixture in our games. Take that however you wish, but I sense a slap on the wrists occurred.

Squealing pig
20-11-2012, 07:39 PM
One of our steadiest performers all season. Keep it up.

matty_f
21-11-2012, 11:17 AM
He went a full round of fixtures without refereeing a Hibs game after a review which took place after the first game of the season. The review was after complaints from hibs about last season performances, including the final. That's in contrast with last season when he was a regular fixture in our games. Take that however you wish, but I sense a slap on the wrists occurred.

Good point.

Would also point out that after cheating on the scale that he did in the Cup Final, he'll probably never, ever feel the need to do it again. It was as big an "up yours" as he could have delivered.

Ritchie
21-11-2012, 11:35 AM

:agree:

S4uzee
21-11-2012, 11:56 AM
It says its on BBC Alba, will that be live seen as its a 7.45 kick off or will it be shown at like 10?

JimBHibees
21-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Good point.

Would also point out that after cheating on the scale that he did in the Cup Final, he'll probably never, ever feel the need to do it again. It was as big an "up yours" as he could have delivered.

Until the next time he has a derby or can influence one.

Franck Stanton
21-11-2012, 12:50 PM

take it you have forgiven him for the "mistakes" he made in that cup final then ? Short memories eh.

ZS DOOM
21-11-2012, 01:27 PM
take it you have forgiven him for the "mistakes" he made in that cup final then ? Short memories eh.

I haven't forgiven him, the players and the manager.

But this is a new season so we need to move on

Franck Stanton
21-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I haven't forgiven him, the players and the manager.

But this is a new season so we need to move on

Oh really, thats alright then, he cheated us during the biggest, most important cup final in our history, but hey, it's a new season. Slate wiped clean, time to move on eh. Crap - I will NEVER ever forgive the cheating ****bag for the way he loaded the dice against us in that game. Black should have seen red in first 10 min. A penalty that never was, a red card for nothing, too numerous other dodgy desiscions, but hey, it's a new season - move on. Aye , right.

Craig_in_Prague
21-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh really, thats alright then, he cheated us during the biggest, most important cup final in our history, but hey, it's a new season. Slate wiped clean, time to move on eh. Crap - I will NEVER ever forgive the cheating ****bag for the way he loaded the dice against us in that game. Black should have seen red in first 10 min. A penalty that never was, a red card for nothing, too numerous other dodgy desiscions, but hey, it's a new season - move on. Aye , right.

got to agree.
Hibs may have went on to lose anyway, but he never gave us that chance. The whole game would have changed if Black seen red.
As for the Utd game recently he was doing ok but turned into his cheating self late in the game.
Hibs record with him in charge is not a coincidence.

green glory
21-11-2012, 04:07 PM
got to agree.
Hibs may have went on to lose anyway, but he never gave us that.chance. The whole game would have changed it Black seen red.
As for the Utd game recently he was doing ok but turned into his cheating self late in the game.

I'm not even sure it's as sinister as him being a cheat. I just think he's completely and utterly inept, with a sprinkling of ego.

He seems easily influenced by the crowd too. All the more reason to get on his back as much as possible.

JimBHibees
21-11-2012, 04:14 PM
got to agree.
Hibs may have went on to lose anyway, but he never gave us that chance. The whole game would have changed if Black seen red.

That would be my view also. Certainly not going to forgive and forget him sticking it too us in the most blatant possible in our biggest game in years. His ridiculous booking of Sparky v Killie was no coincidence also IMO as it ruled him out of the potentially pivotal relegation game v Pars.

When he actually gives us a meaningful decision of any sort then I might think he has had a reasonable game before then I will be very suspicious of anything he does especially concerning anything to do with Hearts.

hibeedonald
21-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Wow this thread is the type of thing you would expect on a Celtic board

HibbyAndy
21-11-2012, 05:10 PM

I vividly recall him turning down a 100% free kick to Hibs in the run up to John Daly's goal that effectively killed the game stone dead their and then.

matty_f
21-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Wow this thread is the type of thing you would expect on a Celtic board

They weren't in the cup final last season. :confused:

hibeedonald
21-11-2012, 06:11 PM

Well observed!

ZS DOOM
21-11-2012, 06:17 PM

So what are you going to do about it? If you are that against him then why not organise a petition or protest. No point complaining and doing **** all

Franck Stanton
21-11-2012, 06:28 PM
So what are you going to do about it? If you are that against him then why not organise a petition or protest. No point complaining and doing **** all

Why do I have to "do something " about it ? You stated on a public forum that you thought it was time we all moved on, that is your opinion, you are entitled to it. I replied with my opinion, am I not allowed it ? Just because it isn't the same as yours doesn't make it wrong. Are you going to start a petition or protest to have the Hibs support, as a whole, forgive/forget Thomsons actions ?. What a silly thing to say, start a protest indeed.

matty_f
21-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Well observed!

:aok: Cheers.

500miles
21-11-2012, 06:44 PM

People did do something about it. They complained to the SFA, repeatedly, and in numbers. This was partly responsible for the review.

SMAXXA
21-11-2012, 06:48 PM

I wish they were :greengrin

I for one take the positives, hes doing the game before and not the cup game (I hope not anyway)