PDA

View Full Version : Ways of keeping Sparky? (merged)

Hibs7
16-11-2012, 08:26 AM
That is seemingly what it will take to get Leigh Griffiths, 7500 supporters x £20 surely we could rake that together as an INVESTMENT then share in what he is sold for in the future ....;-)

Link .... http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/pat-fenlon-relaxed-over-leigh-griffiths-suitors-1-2640138

Tricla
16-11-2012, 08:30 AM
I'd be up for that.

1two
16-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Me to, any future profit on my share can be kept by hibs

cocopops1875
16-11-2012, 08:34 AM
That is seemingly what it will take to get Leigh Griffiths, 7500 supporters x £20 surely we could rake that together as an INVESTMENT then share in what he is sold for in the future ....;-)

Wages ?

theonlywayisup
16-11-2012, 08:35 AM

So my family would pay £20 per head to keep him at Hibs making that a £100 'investment'. Say Hibs sell him after a year for a £3m profit, assuming he keeps banging the goals in. My cut of £3m would be £2,000 if my maths is correct (i.e. £3m x £100/£150,000).

Seems like a win-win situation for all.

YehButNoBut
16-11-2012, 08:35 AM
How many Hibs.net members are there surely if we all chipped in Hibs.net could buy him for Hibs.

Leigh could do some promo work for the site and when he is sold we would make a fortune. :thumbsup:

lord bunberry
16-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Remember lads its cash only nae credit cards that's the way all big teams work these days

southsider
16-11-2012, 08:45 AM
If this can be orginised i am in for £100 GGTTH

brydekirk
16-11-2012, 08:47 AM
If this can be orginised i am in for £100 GGTTH

Me tae, ggtth

1two
16-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Wages ?

It's still a start

Hibs7
16-11-2012, 08:50 AM
I would chip in £100

We would only need 1500 fans if they all did that.!!!

Chuck Rhoades
I'm in.

Mikey
Promo work? **** that, he'd be round here cutting the grass and doing the dishes :greengrin

mglancy23
I would put in £20 probably more

Albanian Hibs
16-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Yip i will take out some of our hard earned pennies from my laddies xmas presents fund for it ;-)

Serious though, I would throw in a twenty note.

.Sean.
16-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Count me in for £100 if this is taken any further.

Chuck Rhoades
16-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Someone should seriously organise a fund for this and contact the club.

cocopops1875
16-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Just can't see that the £150000 is an issue the club can see the investment so are hardly gonna be gazumped by their own fans

cocopops1875
16-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Don't get me wrong if the club were asking for us to do it I would be in

hibsfootballer
16-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Id Happily hand over £100.

Get this sorted!

happiehibbie
16-11-2012, 09:01 AM
do we know who his Agent is ?

I would be in for a hundred quid too

Delboy4
16-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Count me in...Pudsey gets enough today, so I'll pledge my money to Sparky

:thumbsup:

Hibs7
16-11-2012, 09:03 AM
E mail sent to Hibs board and Rod ....testing the waters. We will see.

Remember this is also a bit of a gamble ...if he gets crocked you loose your cash, for what it is worth I still think it would be worth it if we could pull it off.

JimBHibees
16-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Someone should seriously organise a fund for this and contact the club.

Tend to disagree while the enthusiasm to do this is commendable this sort of thing shouldn't be one off hits it should be done by way of things like the managers fund idea where fans who wish to do so can provide a constant increase of income to the club. What happens if fans put in and another club spends more what happens to the money. Much better done on an ongoing basis.

lucky
16-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Sorry boys but we would be lucky to raise £10k. It's just not going to happen

HibbySpurs
16-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Happy to donate if the club want help but I doubt it's the transfer fee causing the problem, much more likely the wage that Sparky is currently on at Wolves and what we're able to offer him. At the end of the day it will all come down to that and if a compromise can be reached.

As for sharing the profit if/when he's sold on, thats no for me, if my £20 (or whatever) was doubled/trebled by the club then HFC can keep it under the provisio it is reinvested.

Still a good idea though :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
16-11-2012, 09:12 AM

Count me in!

HibbySpurs
16-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Tend to disagree while the enthusiasm to do this is commendable this sort of thing shouldn't be one off hits it should be done by way of things like the managers fund idea where fans who wish to do so can provide a constant increase of income to the club. What happens if fans put in and another club spends more what happens to the money. Much better done on an ongoing basis.

:agree::top marks

euansdad
Count me in

Hermit Crab
Sorry boys but we would be lucky to raise £10k. It's just not going to happen

Boooooooooo ;-)

cocopops1875
16-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Happy to donate if the club want help but I doubt it's the transfer fee causing the problem, much more likely the wage that Sparky is currently on at Wolves and what we're able to offer him. At the end of the day it will all come down to that and if a compromise can be reached.

As for sharing the profit if/when he's sold on, thats no for me, if my £20 (or whatever) was doubled/trebled by the club then HFC can keep it under the provisio it is reinvested.

Still a good idea though :thumbsup:
This I 100% agree with good post

DC_Hibs
16-11-2012, 09:18 AM
He's been told he can leave Wolves for nowt in Jan has he not. As stated its getting him to give up the wage he is on there which is why a loan is more likely still. He signed a two and a half year deal in Jan 2011 so is free to leave in the summer anyway.

I take it the OP means we'd pay 150k to Griffiths??? He has obv done his homework on this so maybe he could ask Leigh if he will take a large cut of any future transfer fee instead. That's what Rodders will be offering anyway.

Mikey
16-11-2012, 09:25 AM
To be honest I would think that the club would be happy enough if people bought merchandise, bought half season tickets and went to games.

Hibs7
16-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I can see the benefit in all the other suggestions as well,but don't throw this out straight away, football is changing and who is to say whether this is a way forward or not, just another way of making Hibs more competitive as I see it.

Frogga
16-11-2012, 09:30 AM
To be honest I would think that the club would be happy enough if people bought merchandise, bought half season tickets and went to games.

Agreed. Can we not just agree to all buy a ticket for a friend or something like that? That way seats are filled, someone gets a free ticket and the club gets the money. Could call it 'Tixs for Grifs' :wink:

Pretty Boy
16-11-2012, 09:32 AM

A much better long term plan imo.

That's not to take away from the OP of course who's idea is well intentioned.

1875HFC
16-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Without a doubt would pay £20 as part of a registered contract then when he is sold we recoup the winnings.

But being the superb Hibees we are we will plough that money back into the club on merchandise and Season Tickets so its a win/win situation for the Tache! :hnet:

Elephant Stone
16-11-2012, 10:03 AM
You can help make this happen now: http://www.eastterrace.co.uk/

maturehibby
16-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Count me in!
commission must be good just now ?.
I too would give and I am sure that there would be a lot more than 10k raised especially if it was given the best publicity
You would probably find Sparky might even borrow some cash from his uncle to contibute too :wink:

Last Minute
16-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Count me in £100:pfgwa

superfurryhibby
16-11-2012, 10:33 AM

What encourages people to do that? A decent team on the park! Look at how many fans have stopped attending over the past few years, no coincidence that we have been absolutely gash during that time.

Regardless of whether this idea is goer, Hibs board have to try and make Leigh a permanent Hibee. Perhaps some creativity required in terms of wages and offering him a cut of any future transfer.

silverhibee
16-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Promo work? **** that, he'd be round here cutting the grass and doing the dishes :greengrin

And he can get my ironing done as well. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2012, 10:41 AM
As it says on tin

LioNeilMessi
16-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Andy and Jamie Murray could be involved.. surely they have some spare cash? If we coincide Andy's US Open parade (if that ever happens!) with a fundraiser for buying griffiths surely he'd be guilt tripped into it! #letsbuyleigh

WestEndHibee
16-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Andy and Jamie Murray could be involved.. surely they have some spare cash? If we coincide Andy's US Open parade (if that ever happens!) with a fundraiser for buying griffiths surely he'd be guilt tripped into it! #letsbuyleigh
:top marks#letsbuyleigh

silverhibee
16-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Don't get me wrong if the club were asking for us to do it I would be in

Which they won't, and as you say who pay's his wages, just say we got the money together and the club get him on a 3 year deal, where does the £450k+ for his wages come from for over they 3 years.

Stevie Reid
16-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I'd contribute, though FWIW Leigh has now scored 76 goals in 135 starts and even getting him til the end of the season would be a major achievement in my eyes.

silverhibee
16-11-2012, 10:53 AM
do we know who his Agent is ?

I would be in for a hundred quid too

Yes.

And i am sure he will be looking for the best deal for his client. :aok:

givescotlandfreedom
16-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I'd contribute. I wonder if any of the local business raining money for Edinburgh's cheats to pay off the tax man would help too? After all, if they didn't that could lead to a boycott for them from us for Jambo bias...

Carheenlea
16-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Do we set up a separate account for Jorge Claros? Maybe Hibs.net can deal with Griffiths and the Bounce can sort out funding for Claros. There's not so many on RealHibs.net, so their best bet would be chipping in for Shefki Kuqi.

To get serious here, the best chance we have of securing the likes of Griffiths for longer and maybe improving our squad in January is by filling Easter Road to numbers that a team topping the table deserves, starting with Aberdeen next week.

Hibs7
16-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Reply from Hibs .... not going to publish it here but they said thanks for the idea, and negotiations regarding keeping Leigh longer than his loan term are at early stages.

Thecat23
16-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Do we set up a separate account for Jorge Claros? Maybe Hibs.net can deal with Griffiths and the Bounce can sort out funding for Claros. There's not so many on RealHibs.net, so their best bet would be chipping in for Shefki Kuqi.

To get serious here, the best chance we have of securing the likes of Griffiths for longer and maybe improving our squad in January is by filling Easter Road to numbers that a team topping the table deserves, starting with Aberdeen next week.

I'm good friends with his agent and i spoke to him last week as he was asking me how he's been doing. Told him he's pretty much running the midfield most weeks and seems a different player. He said that as much as he would prob stay there may be an issue with his parent club about a long term move i.e transfer fee. He also feels he could make it down south and a few clubs could be alerted to him. I said i'll cut him from my friends if he moves him on. :greengrin

S4uzee
16-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Never realised the yams were in for him a while back, imagine he signed (hes too wise) http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision1/2577392/Love-Leigh.html

Liams
16-11-2012, 11:49 AM
I would give £100 easily

Dinkydoo
16-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd happily put in £20 to help buy myself a wee Christmas present.

CalgaryHibs
16-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I'd be up for that.

Pencil us Calgary Hibbies in for this idea.

Speedway
16-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Reply from Hibs .... not going to publish it here but they said thanks for the idea, and negotiations regarding keeping Leigh longer than his loan term are at early stages.

Longer than his current loan term of January or longer than he can be loaned from Wolves?

Onion
16-11-2012, 01:13 PM

Link .... http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/pat-fenlon-relaxed-over-leigh-griffiths-suitors-1-2640138

I'll have his left foot :not worth

GordonHFC
16-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I get the impression from interviews by Leigh that he would be keen to stay until the end of the season but wants to keep his options open when his contract runs out. Only my impression.

HiBremian
16-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Nutsy has said that Hibs "do not have a penny" to spend on a signing-on fee. Well, as someone who's been self-employed since the 1970's, and having to run my own pension fund since the 1980's, I can tell you now that a punt on Sparky, Jorge and one or two other loan players would be a much shrewder move than most of the sh*te offered by the so-called financial services sector ;-)

I think people in the UK are maybe not used to the idea of taking things into their own hands like this these days. In Bremen, chunks of my "pension" are in things like Friends of the Earth building solar panels on the top of a local barn (you should see the solar panels around the Weser Stadion - stunning!) so why not a few players that are likely to make it in the future. Only we tend to structure it differently, usually around a loan, so that the organisation can win as well.

So in the case of hibs players, say for Sparky the cost of a signing on fee plus 3 years' wages at £3k a week is about £600k. So the fans need to raise that. It's 6,000 £100's, but it could also be raised over time, a bit like regular savings, as a lot of these costs (wages) are not upfront. Call it the Sparky Loan Issue, which pays say 5% interest, a lot more than anything a bank offers these days, he sells for minimum £1m, costs are 5% of £600k each year for 3 years, ie £90k max, we all get our original cash back, and the club get £310k as well. Or we can just leave the cash with the club and keep getting interest - that's all a pension is at the end of the day. Of course if Sparky goes tits up we lose our "investment" but FFS, that's just what has happened to pensions over the past decade anyway.

Longer term, from the club's point of view, they should be thinking about how to ditch the banks and borrow from fans instead so that club borrowing becomes something more in-house. One of the major problems after the financial crash has been the banks' reluctance to offer loans, so here's a way forward!

Get it sorted, Petrie!

CropleyWasGod
16-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Nutsy has said that Hibs "do not have a penny" to spend on a signing-on fee. Well, as someone who's been self-employed since the 1970's, and having to run my own pension fund since the 1980's, I can tell you now that a punt on Sparky, Jorge and one or two other loan players would be a much shrewder move than most of the sh*te offered by the so-called financial services sector ;-)

I think people in the UK are maybe not used to the idea of taking things into their own hands like this these days. In Bremen, chunks of my "pension" are in things like Friends of the Earth building solar panels on the top of a local barn (you should see the solar panels around the Weser Stadion - stunning!) so why not a few players that are likely to make it in the future. Only we tend to structure it differently, usually around a loan, so that the organisation can win as well.

So in the case of hibs players, say for Sparky the cost of a signing on fee plus 3 years' wages at £3k a week is about £600k. So the fans need to raise that. It's 6,000 £100's, but it could also be raised over time, a bit like regular savings, as a lot of these costs (wages) are not upfront. Call it the Sparky Loan Issue, which pays say 5% interest, a lot more than anything a bank offers these days, he sells for minimum £1m, costs are 5% of £600k each year for 3 years, ie £90k max, we all get our original cash back, and the club get £310k as well. Or we can just leave the cash with the club and keep getting interest - that's all a pension is at the end of the day. Of course if Sparky goes tits up we lose our "investment" but FFS, that's just what has happened to pensions over the past decade anyway.

Longer term, from the club's point of view, they should be thinking about how to ditch the banks and borrow from fans instead so that club borrowing becomes something more in-house. One of the major problems after the financial crash has been the banks' reluctance to offer loans, so here's a way forward!

Get it sorted, Petrie!

That is the stumbling block. He will be offered a lot more elsewhere, IMO.

Purple & Green
16-11-2012, 06:05 PM
His family ties may keep him here.

Makaveli
16-11-2012, 06:12 PM
If there's ever been a genuine argument for speculate to accumulate then it's Griffiths. The difference in prize money between finishing 2nd and 3rd is huge, this ignoring the obvious sell-on opportunity.

I'd be in for whatever, even if it was a one-off nothing back job.

Cropley10
16-11-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm in

Chibs
16-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Me too
I will happily give £100 and I don't want anything back from any future transfer.
That can remain with Hibernian F.C.

KWJ
16-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Having just read the Scotsman article I was about to post the same thing. Seems doable and it's the sort of signing the club have made before ala De la Cruz & Stokes. We wouldn't have to front all the wages as the club will already be paying a significant amount to have him here.

We could tell the club we'd happily do the honours of a "The Apprentice" style sacking of other players to make room for the wages! Can't think who I'd flog mind! What a great position that is!

berty_mee
16-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Would this not be living out with our means and following the way of Hearts and the Rangers? Would we do this every time there was a player we all wanted out our price range!!

I want to see Sparky signed up as much as anyone but this will never happen and the big 'tasche himself would never agree to it.

Kaiser1962
17-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Which they won't, and as you say who pay's his wages, just say we got the money together and the club get him on a 3 year deal, where does the £450k+ for his wages come from for over they 3 years.

:agree:

Buying the player isnt a problem.

gegs70
17-11-2012, 09:22 AM
I would be up for that....great idea...

TheSouthMoroccan
20-11-2012, 05:27 AM
May have already been mentioned but just for fun (as opposed to having to keep the whole show on the road like the tramps) why don't we raise some loose change and buy wee Lee for the club. Feels like a win win to me, he keeps scoring right through to the end of the season and we can take pleasure from the fact that this is just a wee bit of fun for us rather than a life or death situation. First £100 from me, where do I send it ?

Sean1875
20-11-2012, 06:22 AM
who's Lee? ;)

Steve-O
20-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Maybe we can get Tam Cowan in to do a charity dinner?

OR, we could just no pay tax for the next few months and use that money :agree:

Hibby Bairn
20-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Raise the cash and take a 50% equity stake in his contract so that when he is sold for £5m in a year's time we all share in a £2.5m bonanza.....which we then use to buy the club from STF.

Simples. :agree:

marinello59
20-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Raise the cash and take a 50% equity stake in his contract so that when he is sold for £5m in a year's time we all share in a £2.5m bonanza.....which we then use to buy the club from STF.

Let's think big and sell him for £10m. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
20-11-2012, 07:23 AM
May have already been mentioned but just for fun (as opposed to having to keep the whole show on the road like the tramps) why don't we raise some loose change and buy wee Lee for the club. Feels like a win win to me, he keeps scoring right through to the end of the season and we can take pleasure from the fact that this is just a wee bit of fun for us rather than a life or death situation. First £100 from me, where do I send it ?you could put it here, this money goes tae the manager and will help with buying players (Sparky :pray: ). :agree:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250572-*****Kicks-For-Kids-Half-Season-Tickets*****

Mikey
20-11-2012, 07:24 AM
May have already been mentioned but just for fun (as opposed to having to keep the whole show on the road like the tramps) why don't we raise some loose change and buy wee Lee for the club. Feels like a win win to me, he keeps scoring right through to the end of the season and we can take pleasure from the fact that this is just a wee bit of fun for us rather than a life or death situation. First £100 from me, where do I send it ?

You send it here...........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250572-*****Kicks-For-Kids-Half-Season-Tickets*****

It's a very easy way to get money straight into the manager's fund.

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 07:25 AM
I've got a very good recipe for Muesli flapjacks.

KWJ
20-11-2012, 07:30 AM

The 2.5M could just go to a massive piss up :party::cheers:

spike220
20-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Working on the assumption that Griffiths will have input into his own destiny I was thinking what non-cash incentives can the fans offer Griffiths to stay.

Three suggestions for fans to persuade Griffiths that Hibs is his home.

1. Get the whole support to sing an orchestrated rendition of "Sunshine on Leith" dedicated to LG at our next game (If that doesn't make cry nowt will).
2. Have a banner dedicated to him " LG potential Hibs legend" or something similar.
3. Give him his own song with accompany 'gestures' to go with it.

GGTTH

Skanko79
20-11-2012, 09:25 AM
i dont think its leigh we need to convince i think its the tache.

Hibbyradge
20-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Working on the assumption that Griffiths will have input into his own destiny I was thinking what non-cash incentives can the fans offer Griffiths to stay.

1. Get the whole support to sing an orchestrated rendition of "Sunshine on Leith" dedicated to LG at our next game (If that doesn't make cry nowt will).
2. Have a banner dedicated to him " LG potential Hibs legend" or something similar.

GGTTH

That would certainly get me to turn down a £million contract elsewhere. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
20-11-2012, 09:38 AM

It's both, actually.

silverhibee
20-11-2012, 09:40 AM

GGTTH

How about.
1. More walk ups.
2. Folk buy half ST
3. Buy loads of merchandise from the Hibs shop.

Think these options are the best way.

Roll Up Roll Up, you know you want to.

And i have been told this many times before, there is more than one player in the team. Its not all about Sparky. :wink:

Skanko79
20-11-2012, 09:41 AM
It's both, actually.

Griffiths has been quite vocal about the fact he would love to stay so i would say he doesnt really need any convincing, unless he is offered pittence by the tache.

After reading the finance update on the site we are skint so if we are going to convince anyone to keep leigh it would surely be the chairman of the club who deals with the finances, no??

silverhibee
20-11-2012, 09:45 AM

GGTTH

Because your incentives will do nothing to see that he will sign for us.
1. A Song
2. A flag.
3. Another song.

That's not going to make him sign for us, but more money through the gates might do the trick. :greengrin

JimBHibees
20-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Because your incentives will do nothing to see that he will sign for us.
1. A Song
2. A flag.
3. Another song.

That's not going to make him sign for us, but more money through the gates might do the trick. :greengrin

To be fair he did say non-cash. :greengrin

silverhibee
20-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Griffiths has been quite vocal about the fact he would love to stay so i would say he doesnt really need any convinving, unless he is offered pittence by the tache.

After reading the finance update on the site we are skint so if we are going to convince anyone to keep leigh it would surely be the chairman of the club who deals with the finances, no??

There is the problem that we have, so no flags or songs will keep Sparky At ER, only money that as you said we don't have.

More bums on seats might do it mind you.

spike220
20-11-2012, 09:53 AM

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree:

euansdad
20-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Still think some of the ideas here regarding a managers kitty would help to

spike220
20-11-2012, 09:55 AM
There is the problem that we have, so no flags or songs will keep Sparky At ER, only money that as you said we don't have.

Rod is that you??

Sweet Left Peg
20-11-2012, 09:56 AM
How about.
1. More walk ups.
2. Folk buy half ST

And i have been told this many times before, there is more than one player in the team. Its not all about Sparky. :wink:

Was about to post the same three suggestions. This is the best way to support the club. We need to keep the trajectory of the club upward from the last few years of pi$h. Our crowds are getting better, but not as good as they should be. The team are a vast improvement, but still with a bit to go. We can leave the car boot sales, cake baking and piggy bank raiding to those who really need to resort to such measures.

hibsbollah
20-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Buy loads of merchandise from the Hibs shop.

. :wink:

Someone will have to put some merchandise in the shop first. It's barer than Gary Mackays trophy cabinet:rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 10:04 AM

GGTTH

He could be a contender.

spike220
20-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Someone will have to put some merchandise in the shop first. It's barer than Gary Mackays trophy cabinet:rolleyes:

I know what you mean I went in there to spend up large and I was struggling to find anything to buy. There must be some stuff they can get in that doesn't go out of fashion. I would like to buy more gifts from the shop but I just cant find much in there!! My standards are not too high and I am prepared to pay for quality merchandise.

Sanger
20-11-2012, 10:11 AM

GGTTH
Of course he can just turn down transfer and hold out till June and move as a free agent

97hills
20-11-2012, 10:12 AM

I'm pretty sure he is fully aware of the situation!

If Hibs were to get him in January for 150k then he would immediately be worth more the day he signed. It's as good as an investment that Hibs could hope to make in a player. What's probably the bigger issue is the offers he will get from elsewhere

Brightside
20-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Wages are the problem. Not the £150k to sign him. Unless they can get a personal sponsor to pay the majority of his wage I cant see him staying. AFAIK he is on £10k with £8k being paid currently by Wolves.

Skanko79
20-11-2012, 10:20 AM

couldnt agree more. :thumbsup:

Skanko79
20-11-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm pretty sure he is fully aware of the situation!

If Hibs were to get him in January for 150k then he would immediately be worth more the day he signed. It's as good as an investment that Hibs could hope to make in a player. What's probably the bigger issue is the offers he will get from elsewhere

He wants to play for Hibs though, if offered the right deal ive absolutely no doubt he will sign. he has said so himself.

silverhibee
20-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Well a couple of songs and a flag are just not going to sway it for Leigh. :greengrin

silverhibee
20-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Rod is that you??

I can assure you this is not the mighty Rod speaking. :greengrin

97hills
20-11-2012, 10:28 AM
He wants to play for Hibs though, if offered the right deal ive absolutely no doubt he will sign. he has said so himself.

I'm sure he does. As I said, it would be an almost perfect time to make an investment outwith our normal wage/transfer fee structure. For example, if he signs on January 1st for 150k on a 3 year contract, on January 2nd he would probably be worth around £500k? If he was to play to his current level for the rest of the season we would probably be looking at around £1.5m. Perhaps more importantly though is if his form was to drop then we would probably still be able to get around £300k for him? The only way we would completely lose the investment is if he sustains a serious long term injury or if he was to see out the duration of his contract and goes for free.

1two
20-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Lets not kid ourselves on.
If we offer a modest £2.5k (i have no idea if this is a likely or reasonable hibs wage) a week and he has other offers down south for say £6-7k (again no idea what he'd be offered, but this doesnt sound unreasonable for a 20 goal a season player) surely he'd be inclined to move down south?
That's about 200k difference a year.

Yes he may be settled here but that an loyalty only goes so far when that much is involved.
We're all the same too.

Or what if Celtic came in with that figured, he gets to stay at home and still earn more money.

I hope he signs but it depends if Hibs can afford 'the right deal'.

hibsmad
20-11-2012, 10:31 AM
How about.
1. More walk ups.
2. Folk buy half ST

There have now been three or four threads about what the fans could do to keep Leigh at the club (I started one myself). I agree that this particular suggestion wouldn't work as it is cash we need and not songs and flags (although they could help).

I do find it a bit frustrating when people reply with these types of comments, "more people through the gates", "buy loads of strips", "buy half season tickets" etc.

Obviously we all realise that more people through the gates equals more money which in turn equals better contracts for better players. The thing is though that we only have about six weeks before Leigh is away and the crowds aren't going to return to 14/15k crowds in that space of time. Fans can see our chances of keeping him slipping away and are trying to think a little more "outside the box" for ways of keeping a potential legend at the club. I honestly don't see why every fan would not be thinking along the same lines and encouraging every possible positive suggestion.

If we went with the option of "more walk-ups" or "buying merchandise" then it could work but only if it is marketed in some way by the club. Something like the club saying we need to sell x amount of half ST and x amount of strips in order to give Pat Fenlon a great chance to field the side he wants in the second half of the season. I think it needs to be something with a specific target in order for the fans to feel that they want to play their part.

With the end goal ultimately being a player signed who would have otherwise been unaffordable.

silverhibee
20-11-2012, 10:31 AM

That bad is it, not good enough if so with Xmas coming up.

chrisski33
20-11-2012, 10:33 AM

GGTTH

None of these will work esp if another club comes in and offers him more money. It will be the amount of wages on offer that will determine whether he signs or not.
Like the idea of the song though so shud do it!

silverhibee
20-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Wages are the problem. Not the £150k to sign him. Unless they can get a personal sponsor to pay the majority of his wage I cant see him staying. AFAIK he is on £10k with £8k being paid currently by Wolves.

No chance is he on that at Wolves, in fact no where near that amount. :aok:

spike220
20-11-2012, 10:40 AM
I can assure you this is not the mighty Rod speaking. :greengrin

That is just the kind of response I'd expect from Rod!!:rolleyes:

Brightside
20-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Will i did wonder if he's on 10k why he hangs about at Asda in a Russel Athletic trackie!

Liams
20-11-2012, 11:48 AM
9 mins just go mental for LG and support him

Duffys13
20-11-2012, 12:31 PM

If true, we have no chance of keeping him sadly.

happiehibbie
20-11-2012, 12:39 PM
How about.
1. More walk ups.
2. Folk buy half ST

best reply in ages lets get people to the game we need A sell out saturday

jacomo
20-11-2012, 12:49 PM

Petrie's convinced that another appeal to the fans should lift attendances some more.

jacomo
20-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Will i did wonder if he's on 10k why he hangs about at Asda in a Russel Athletic trackie!

Maybe he's putting a bit aside every week to help fund his lifestyle once he's on a Hibs contract!

1two
20-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Bake sale before the game on Saturday?

IFONLY
20-11-2012, 01:32 PM

Do you honestly believe that a £150,000 player is on £10,000 per week?

Brightside
20-11-2012, 01:56 PM
10k per week is not a lot of money for a Wolves player. The 150k purchase price has nothing to do with his current wages. When he signed for Wolves 10k would have been about right.

Skanko79
20-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Bake sale before the game on Saturday?

or a bikini clad carwash on easter road might do the trick ha!!

IFONLY
20-11-2012, 02:04 PM
10k per week is not a lot of money for a Wolves player. The 150k purchase price has nothing to do with his current wages. When he signed for Wolves 10k would have been about right.

Still dont believe it ,I am of the opinion that there are Englissh Premier league players that are not on that kind of money, but what do I know. I have never been privy to what players earn in fact I dont even know what my best mates earn

down-the-slope
20-11-2012, 02:18 PM

New shop manager at the Helm - brought in from John Lewis...so should see changes start to happen. Good response to understandable criticism of recent months....

green glory
20-11-2012, 02:21 PM
New shop manager at the Helm - brought in from John Lewis...so should see changes start to happen. Good response to understandable criticism of recent months....

I was in last week, it looked fine to me. Certainly been spruced up a bit. Decent stock levels too.

hibsmad
20-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Do you honestly believe that a £150,000 player is on £10,000 per week?

He's not a £150,000 player. He's a 1-2 million pound player with six months left on his contract.

That said I don't pretend to have a clue what wages he is on.

down-the-slope
20-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I was in last week, it looked fine to me. Certainly been spruced up a bit. Decent stock levels too.

Russel spoke highly of the changes and effect he has had in a short time....now that is a good investment if the tills ring....

hibsbollah
20-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Russel spoke highly of the changes and effect he has had in a short time....now that is a good investment if the tills ring....

Well he could hardly do much worse. After having no adult sizes above L since the season started, the shop informed me last week there is a delivery of new home shirts first week of December. So maybe things are on the up...

Sorry about the :hijack:

ancient hibee
20-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Get Griffiths to sign a pre contract in January-if he has to see it out at Wolves-fair enough.In the close season give him the 150K instead of Wolves getting it-this will help make up the reduction in wages in year one -on a 3 year contract he knows that if he continues to progress he'll get a better move in year 2/3.

cocopops1875
20-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Get Griffiths to sign a pre contract in January-if he has to see it out at Wolves-fair enough.In the close season give him the 150K instead of Wolves getting it-this will help make up the reduction in wages in year one -on a 3 year contract he knows that if he continues to progress he'll get a better move in year 2/3.

Not really the way to keep this season going the way it is :wink:

RIP
20-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Just to confirm that the fund idea is under investigation by a few folk in LWT. We need a meeting which is not likely to be until next week. We have also started dialogue with management. Anyone willing to help research this idea, please send a pm to VivaPalmeiras

iwasthere1972
20-11-2012, 07:49 PM

We could offer Wolves Kuqi plus £149,999.

3pm
20-11-2012, 07:53 PM
We could offer Wolves Kuqi plus £149,999.

We'll talk that over when we are not on the way to MK Dons.

Hibeesforever
20-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Id Happily hand over £100.

Get this sorted!

I would also be in for £100. The lad has passed his Hibs trial.

Fans action needed.

Hibeesforever
20-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Let's think big and sell him for £10m. :thumbsup:

Money talks, Hibs fans need to set up a savings vehicle just for players. At the moment you make your donation and just hope they spend it the way you want. Alternative is to provide donation money and stipulate it is spent a certain way eg. Sparky's wages.....simple Hibs maintain official wage structure but Leigh gets money to stay.....could even link it to goals scored if through a supporters trust. Many options, fans have the power.

silverhibee
21-11-2012, 02:44 AM

He is on no where near £10k p/w, not even half that.

Bighoose
21-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I would also be in for £100. The lad has passed his Hibs trial.

Fans action needed.

Count me in.

Cabbage East
21-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I would donate if this was set up officially through the club.

Duffys13
21-11-2012, 12:36 PM
I would donate if this was set up officially through the club.

I would too, one player I really want us to keep. He is the type of player that makes you enjoy going to the games again.

Swedish hibee
21-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Here's another willing to put in a few bob

:aok:

NOLA
22-11-2012, 02:38 AM
I reckon he should get some other dirty in the "family way" that way he wont want to be away from her for at least 9 months :wink:

East Coast Hibe
22-11-2012, 10:57 AM
He is on no where near £10k p/w, not even half that.

I would agree - 4K a week tops at Wolves. If we offer him 3K a week and a 3 year deal for security, might be enough to seal the deal. On the other hand if he gets offered 7K a week down south then 200K a year is a lot to turn down for anybody !

Lets hope something can be worked out. I don't think Wolves will be hard to deal with in terms of a transfer fee. I bet they would settle on £75K which Hibs could easily afford. It's the wages issue that I see as the stumbling block

Wheat Hound
24-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Perhaps keech but spoke to a boy in the four in hand tonight after the game who said he had a decent source and that a 2 year deal for sparky was a done deal o_O

King Paddy
24-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd be up for that.

I'm a business man and would happily contribute £300.00 quid if Farmer contributes £3000.
fair deal?, think i'll put it tp Petrie mind you i wont hold my breath on Old Tom chipping in but if
you don't ask you don't get!

steakbake
24-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Think we'll fork out. He'll sign a contract for us, will get a chance to move in the summer or jan 2014 making him a very decent signing fee and making Hibs a nice sum in the process.

The longer the better.

Jonnyboy
24-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Top marks to all those who suggest they'd weigh in with a few bob and I guess my only question is .............. what are you waiting for? :wink:

See the Kicks for Kids thread. £40 buys a kid a half season ticket or better still £80 buys two kids half season tickets. It's win/win as Pat gets the money and we get more seats filled in the stadium.

As Mrs Doyle once said "Go on, go on, go on" :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
25-11-2012, 05:21 AM
I'm a business man and would happily contribute £300.00 quid if Farmer contributes £3000.
fair deal?, think i'll put it tp Petrie mind you i wont hold my breath on Old Tom chipping in but if
you don't ask you don't get!

What kind of business are you in King Paddy?

whiskyhibby
25-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I would also give at least £100, if the Yammish can raise £600k then why can't we raise £150k?

davey 2 good
26-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Leigh griffiths is on his way to Leeds in jan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paisley Hibby
26-11-2012, 05:30 PM

I'll try to get this in first - source?

Golden Bear
26-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Who is he visiting likesay?

HibeeHendo
26-11-2012, 05:31 PM

Source?

Saorsa
26-11-2012, 05:32 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/source.gif

hibsbollah
26-11-2012, 05:32 PM
What happened to your 'Calum Elliott to Hibs' exclusive?:greengrin

HibeeHendo
26-11-2012, 05:35 PM
You can't do this and leave us hanging :(

IWasThere2016
26-11-2012, 05:52 PM
No chance is he on that at Wolves, in fact no where near that amount. :aok:

Correct - these numbers are an absolute nonsense!

silverhibee
26-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Correct - these numbers are an absolute nonsense!

So does Sparky take a wage cut if he wants to move to Hibs.

Aldo
26-11-2012, 06:28 PM
So does Sparky take a wage cut if he wants to move to Hibs.

I would say so.

chrisski33
26-11-2012, 06:36 PM

My source says he isnt!

1875HFC
28-11-2012, 03:06 PM
rumours that a deal with Norwich is looking likely for Griffiths...not good news

Hibby D
28-11-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/11/28/norwich-city-weigh-up-bid-for-in-form-scottish-striker/
I would hate to lose him :-(