http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-20404151

Jonnyboy
19-11-2012, 10:24 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-20404151

Assholes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-20404151

Hibercelona
19-11-2012, 10:27 PM
They should never quote idiots like these as "fans" of any club.

They aren't fans. "Fandans" would be more appropriate.

Sergey
19-11-2012, 10:28 PM
A mob of '40 Hibs Casuals'....that's a pitiful turnout for a normally 'tasty' away fixture.

Petrie - sort it out!

Chuck Rhoades
19-11-2012, 11:01 PM
They should never quote idiots like these as "fans" of any club.

They aren't fans. "Fandans" would be more appropriate.

They both support Hibs.

andrew70
19-11-2012, 11:09 PM
As far as I knew Kevin was already banned from football grounds anyway.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Thankfully it's probably nowhere near what it used to be but we will always have the shadow of the CCS emerge.........sorry for the dramatic tone to it!

Pretty Boy
19-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Maybe I'm missing the point but what I don't understand is this:

If 2 groups of guys want to prove a point by battering each other then that's up to them. However why choose to do it on a Saturday in a busy area when there's a football game on and you know the whole thing will get stamped out pretty quickly, if it gets going at all? Surely a piece of wasteground outside the city on a Wednesday evening in July makes more sense if you really want a fight. No chance of innocent bystanders getting caught up in it, will take the Police a while to get there etc etc

Fighting at a football match in this day and age smacks of attention seeking to me.

Hibercelona
19-11-2012, 11:53 PM
They both support Hibs.

The motive for idiots like these isn't to support a football club. It's to look for a scrap at the weekends, because they can't think of anything better to do with their sad pathetic existence.

People like these can cost football clubs thousands, due to damages and misconduct. It's hardly showing "support" towards the club.

1two
20-11-2012, 07:18 AM
That Kevin Watt has definitely been in the news before.
****my rat

Steve-O
20-11-2012, 07:36 AM
The motive for idiots like these isn't to support a football club. It's to look for a scrap at the weekends, because they can't think of anything better to do with their sad pathetic existence.

People like these can cost football clubs thousands, due to damages and misconduct. It's hardly showing "support" towards the club.

No, reactions like this are a way of distancing ourselves from it. Like when killers are called "MONSTER" etc in the tabloids.

Face it, they can still be fans of Hibs, AND be total dickheads at the same time.

Everyone should refrain from these stupid cliches about "not real fans" etc etc. It's boring, and not true for the most part.

TheEastTerrace
20-11-2012, 07:39 AM
I walked up past Hilltown from the station and there were three or four polis vehicles outside the Shakespeare pub and coppers speaking to a few younger lads outside. They'd come up by bus so pretty sure it was a Hibs mob. Some Dundonian asked me if I was Hibs and offered me a drink in the other boozer on the corner; given his attire of SI I politely declined :greengrin

marinello59
20-11-2012, 07:44 AM
The last time I saw the Dundee utility crew the average age loooked to be heading towards 50 and that was a few years back.. The only designer brand on show was Werthers Originals. Weapons? Surely knocking them off their zimmer frames would have been sufficient.

hibsbollah
20-11-2012, 07:52 AM
'Dundee Utility Crew'? :hilarious

Theyre crying out for a new name, the one theyve got sounds like a firm of heating and ventilation engineers...

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 07:57 AM
These people have been convicted of nothing, yet people are condemning them. Why not wait till the trial and the facts emerge before forming opinions?

marinello59
20-11-2012, 08:06 AM
These people have been convicted of nothing, yet people are condemning them. Why not wait till the trial and the facts emerge before forming opinions?

You seem confused FR. You do know this is hibs.net you are posting on? :greengrin

1two
20-11-2012, 08:06 AM

Innocent until proven guilty and all that but this plank shouldn't have even been in Dundee on Saturday....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-supporter-banned-from-football-grounds-1334461

This is probably the reason he was approached by police in the first place!

Steve-O
20-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Innocent until proven guilty and all that but this plank shouldn't have even been in Dundee on Saturday....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-supporter-banned-from-football-grounds-1334461

This is probably the reason he was approached by police in the first place!

To be fair, getting banned from Hibs games seems a bizarre punishment for fighting on Easter Road hours after a match through in Glasgow.

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 08:28 AM
You seem confused FR. You do know this is hibs.net you are posting on? :greengrin

If it wasn't for Hibs.net, I'd still be using CityCabs - I really should think before I post. Thanks for the heads up! :aok:

Johnny Clash
20-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Maybe I'm missing the point but what I don't understand is this:

If 2 groups of guys want to prove a point by battering each other then that's up to them. However why choose to do it on a Saturday in a busy area when there's a football game on and you know the whole thing will get stamped out pretty quickly, if it gets going at all? Surely a piece of wasteground outside the city on a Wednesday evening in July makes more sense if you really want a fight. No chance of innocent bystanders getting caught up in it, will take the Police a while to get there etc etc

Fighting at a football match in this day and age smacks of attention seeking to me.

Good point! It is all about attention seeking.

The buzz is much greater when bystanders, including young kids, can be terrified.

marinello59
20-11-2012, 08:32 AM
'Dundee Utility Crew'? :hilarious

Theyre crying out for a new name, the one theyve got sounds like a firm of heating and ventilation engineers...

They had to move in to new areas when the casual scene started to dry up. Apparently there are a lot of old boilers in Dundee so this looks like it could pay off for them. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Good point! It is all about attention seeking.

The buzz is much greater when bystanders, including young kids, can be terrified.

Not defending these guys mate, I only know what's been reported, which isn't much. How do you know kids were involved?

CB_NO3
20-11-2012, 08:42 AM
These guys were not going to the game. They were only going to meet their Dundee counterparts but the Police quickly found them.

CraigHibee
20-11-2012, 08:53 AM
title should maybe be re-named "Weapons with Weapons"

Johnny Clash
20-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Not defending these guys mate, I only know what's been reported, which isn't much. How do you know kids were involved?

I was meaning in general, in relation to the good post earlier by 'Pretty Boy'
I've seen mobbing in the past were two terrified young kids wearing Hibs scarves and their dad had to run for it on London Road. When it 'kicks off' anyone can get a sore one.

I realise you'll never get rid of this completely. Fighting at games has been around forever (minus the SI gear) I just think it sucks when people not looking for a ruck get a kicking... I wind my mates up who were involved in the 80s... and there's no doubt in my mind that part of the buzz is running about in a gang with an audience.

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 09:37 AM
I was meaning in general, in relation to the good post earlier by 'Pretty Boy'
I've seen mobbing in the past were two terrified young kids wearing Hibs scarves and their dad had to run for it on London Road. When it 'kicks off' anyone can get a sore one.

I realise you'll never get rid of this completely. Fighting at games has been around forever (minus the SI gear) I just think it sucks when people not looking for a ruck get a kicking... I wind my mates up who were involved in the 80s... and there's no doubt in my mind that part of the buzz is running about in a gang with an audience.

Fair point,thanks for clearing that up.

hibsbollah
20-11-2012, 09:41 AM
They had to move in to new areas when the casual scene started to dry up. Apparently there are a lot of old boilers in Dundee so this looks like it could pay off for them. :agree:

:agree: I bet these new younger fitter Polish firms moving to Scotland has damaged their traditional business as well.

Kojock
20-11-2012, 01:27 PM
If these guys are macho and tough why are they carrying weapons......:confused:

robinp
20-11-2012, 01:39 PM
title should maybe be re-named "Wallopers with Weapons"

:aok:

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 01:53 PM

Probably the same reason that macho and tough guys need a certain breed of dog to protect them!

Skanko79
20-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Probably the same reason that macho and tough guys need a certain breed of dog to protect them!

:confused::confused::confused:

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 02:21 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

You certainly are.

Skanko79
20-11-2012, 03:01 PM
You certainly are.

usually am at most of your posts.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 03:19 PM
usually am at most of your posts.

Sorry about that I keep forgetting about the likes of you. Must try to simplify my posts.

Kojock
20-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Or as they say on Still Game "Basturt Dugs"

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 03:21 PM

That's the ones.:greengrin

Skanko79
20-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Sorry about that I keep forgetting about the likes of you. Must try to simplify my posts.

Or maybe try not posting at all........

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Or maybe try not posting at all........

No, better advice is for you not to read my posts if you don't like them!

Use the ignore facility even better.

:na na:

JIm
20-11-2012, 03:58 PM
More importantly who won? At least if we had a victory off the pitch that would compensate for lack of victory on it? :wink::thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Fight breaks out in empty chat room! :greengrin

fat freddy
20-11-2012, 04:17 PM

it wasn't weapons they were carrying...it was tools...they were helping the dundee utility crew out with a central heating repair and they couldn't do that without the necessary implements...the police have seized a monkey wrench, a shifting spanner and a set of mole grips...this is another case of the police over reacting to a bus load of hibs tradesmen trying to make a few bob from a homer.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Fight breaks out in empty chat room! :greengrin

Armed to the teeth tae, keyboard, mouse and razor sharp sarcasm.

Hibercelona
20-11-2012, 04:35 PM
No, reactions like this are a way of distancing ourselves from it. Like when killers are called "MONSTER" etc in the tabloids.

Face it, they can still be fans of Hibs, AND be total dickheads at the same time.

Everyone should refrain from these stupid cliches about "not real fans" etc etc. It's boring, and not true for the most part.

Carrying weapons with the potential of killing someone goes well beyond the level of being a dickhead.

Real fans don't cost their club money due to idiotic behavior either.

They aren't real fans and I don't care what anybody else has to say on the matter.

euansdad
20-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately, with past reputation of the CCS, I think we will always have a certain element in our support

Keith_M
20-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Wrong, it's "Basturt Divul Dugs".

Keith_M
20-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Anyway, if they don't want to get arrested, why don't they compete with their rivals in some other way?

They could have "best dressed hooligan" competitions. You can just imagine them sauntering down the catwalk in whatever now constitutes 'Guid Gear' shoutin "Moan then" at the audience.

:thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Carrying weapons with the potential of killing someone goes well beyond the level of being a dickhead.

They aren't real fans and I don't care what anybody else has to say on the matter.

Where does it all end though,

real fans don't sing silly songs?
real fans don't abuse the dead?
real fans don't cause trouble
real fans don't use city cabs :greengrin
real fans go to every game home or away?

The nature of football means we have all sections of society good and bad following various teams, some will be of the criminal fraternity or what ever path they have chosen to take in life. Like it or not they are still our fans.

JIm
20-11-2012, 04:50 PM

Could go on and on about this one, how about fans who break seats at football matches? No relevance to casuals just happen to go breaking a few seats. Obviously not right but are you claiming that they are not real fans? Also all this pish about Casuals not being fans? What a load of ******ing bollox. Whether you agree with what they do or not they are some of the most loyal and contributing people to our club.

ShanksSaidNo
20-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Where does it all end though,

real fans don't sing silly songs?
real fans don't abuse the dead?
real fans don't cause trouble
real fans don't use city cabs :greengrin
real fans go to every game home or away?

The nature of football means we have all sections of society good and bad following various teams, some will be of the criminal fraternity or what ever path they have chosen to take in life. Like it or not they are still our fans.

Well said that man. Excellent post.

steviehibsleith
20-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Armed to the teeth tae, keyboard, mouse and razor sharp sarcasm.
Screen wipes ? Or is that just me :na na:

Since90+2
20-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately, with past reputation of the CCS, I think we will always have a certain element in our support

Every club with a decent sized support has a moronic/troublesome element to it.

frazeHFC
20-11-2012, 06:08 PM
They appeared in court, but trial still ongoing. Guy with knife held in custody still and other guy released on bail.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2012, 06:15 PM
They appeared in court, but trial still ongoing. Guy with knife held in custody still and other guy released on bail.

Anyone who carries a knife in my opinion should be held in custody, and for a very long time. well done the courts.

stoneyburn hibs
20-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Anyway, if they don't want to get arrested, why don't they compete with their rivals in some other way?

They could have "best dressed hooligan" competitions. You can just imagine them sauntering down the catwalk in whatever now constitutes 'Guid Gear' shoutin "Moan then" at the audience.

:thumbsup:

:greengrin That made me laugh

euansdad
20-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Agree with Jim. Now, I don't have any casual involvement and I don't condone hooliganism but to say they are not real fans is a bit to cliche for me. You might find some of what they do moronic or cringeworthy or downright stupid or pointless but to say they all don't support the club is presumptious. Saw that Bradley welsh in the club shop a few weeks ago. Seems as if he supports and still values the club so how can you turn around and say to someone like him you are not a fan? Not that it's a good idea any way cos he is an ex boxer after all

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-11-2012, 08:24 PM

What about Barca fans?

Chibs
20-11-2012, 08:37 PM
What about Barca fans?

I like :hnet::aok::applause:

Pete
20-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Casuals and boys pavement dancing don't bother me that much. I think the punishments are too harsh sometimes and they use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

I think the ones who should be really hammered are the ones caught with dangerous weapons. If you get a five year sentence if you're caught then you won't see many tooled up hard men on the streets, football related or otherwise.