PDA

View Full Version : Tom Soares

cam75
19-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Just saw that he is playing for free with Bury to try win a contract!

Jonnyboy
19-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Just saw that he is playing for free with Bury to try win a contract!

Says it all really

CallumLaidlaw
19-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Tom soares and "try" shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Squealing pig
19-11-2012, 08:39 PM
His brother is who we should have signed. International footballer on his wiki page. Maybe wires got crossed.

keep the faith
19-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I know im in the minority but i think he actually did make an effort at hibs. His movement and vision was very good. For me he was MOTM in the dunfermline decider game. He was however a yard slow and was poor in the final. I think we have better now, but Soares was not nearly as bad as he is often made out.

PISTOL1875
19-11-2012, 08:52 PM
I hope I never see that guy in a football match ever again.. Him and that other ****wit Docherty..

Hibercelona
19-11-2012, 08:54 PM
He must have had "soares" on his feet, since he could never use them while in a Hibs top. :cb

Wotherspiniesta
19-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I hope I never see that guy in a football match ever again.. Him and that other ****wit Docherty..

:agree:

Neither give a **** about us.

Glad we've got players now who are proud to play for Hibernian FC.

Northernhibee
19-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Matt Doherty was far from the worst imposter in the Hibs squad last season, same with Soares.

I'd lay the finger more with O'Hanlon, Agogo, even O'Connor for half the season. His "I don't give a ****" comment was ill informed but frankly he must have been getting a load of abuse on twitter and he's a young lad.

Not saying I like him mind.

PeterboroHibee
19-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Robbie Savage was on 5live at the weekend talking about Ipswich, who I think are in a similar to position us last season, struggling badly and a team made up of loan players (including a fair few big names). He basically said that whilst the odd loan can lift a team, too many can be detrimental to the club, which was part of the problem last season.

I think Soares is a prime example of the wrong sort of player who we have signed too often in recent years. He has ability, but something was still really lacking. Not entirely sure how he was at a Premiership club?

Hibercelona
19-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Robbie Savage was on 5live at the weekend talking about Ipswich, who I think are in a similar to position us last season, struggling badly and a team made up of loan players (including a fair few big names). He basically said that whilst the odd loan can lift a team, too many can be detrimental to the club, which was part of the problem last season.

I think Soares is a prime example of the wrong sort of player who we have signed too often in recent years. He has ability, but something was still really lacking. Not entirely sure how he was at a Premiership club?

It's because we have an awful habit of signing players with bags of potential, but seem to fail to get anywhere near the very best out of them.

Thankfully this seems to be gradually changing now.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't think Soares could be labelled a non trier, he just wasn't very good.

Even that's probably unfair, there was clearly talent under the surface but he was severely lacking in games and was nowhere near fit.

Hibeesmad
19-11-2012, 10:21 PM
I saw him a number of times down leith, nice guy but unfortunately didn't perform well on the park. There again he did score 2 against killie.