PDA

View Full Version : QPR look like Hibs not so long ago

jacomo
19-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Insightful blog about QPR's troubles here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/19/qpr-mark-hughes

There is no doubt that they are in real trouble, and "Sparky" will be lucky to see out the week. He's lost the confidence of the crowd and it looks like the owner might be giving up on him soon.

QPR have some decent players but they are simply not performing - this piece describes it as a team with no heart. I think this is the death-spiral Hibs got into, where a revolving door policy with players and managers leaves no one who actually cares about the club or feels motivated to put their neck on the line.

matty_f
19-11-2012, 05:20 PM
I was listening to Talk Sport on the way into work this morning, and the description used for QPR could easily have been applied to us in the last 12 months.

FWIW, Pat Fenlon is a much better manager than Mark Hughes IMHO. Hughes is rotten.

iwasthere1972
19-11-2012, 05:25 PM
I was listening to Talk Sport on the way into work this morning, and the description used for QPR could easily have been applied to us in the last 12 months.

FWIW, Pat Fenlon is a much better manager than Mark Hughes IMHO. Hughes is rotten.

Got no sympathy for QPR and their owners. Should have stuck with Neil Warnock who did a great job of getting them to the EPL and was shown the door far too quickly. He's not doing a great job at Leeds but what can you do when they prefer to play with 10 men and have as much money to spend as the Yams.

KeithTheHibby
19-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Warnock and Leeds are made for each other.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Something is wrong behind the scenes because on paper, that side appears better than the league position would suggest

yeezus.
19-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm not that interested in English football, but I thought QPR would end in the top half of the table with some of the players like Granero, Cisse and Park.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm not that interested in English football, but I thought QPR would end in the top half of the table with some of the players like Granero, Cisse and Park.

Have to just say I like that sentiment. The arrogant English often treat our game with total contempt so nothing wrong in treating like with like

yeezus.
19-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Have to just say I like that sentiment. The arrogant English often treat our game with total contempt so nothing wrong in treating like with like

I don't like it when people make comparisons between English and Scottish football - there is so much money in English Premiership football that our league could never compete with.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't like it when people make comparisons between English and Scottish football - there is so much money in English Premiership football that our league could never compete with.

A fact they conveniently forget

ScottB
19-11-2012, 09:35 PM
I see a similar situation with Fernandes' F1 team, both have made all the right noises, brought in good people yet are going nowhere.

Clearly he's an astute businessman, but such skills don't always do well in sport...

jacomo
19-11-2012, 09:42 PM
I see a similar situation with Fernandes' F1 team, both have made all the right noises, brought in good people yet are going nowhere.

Clearly he's an astute businessman, but such skills don't always do well in sport...

Mark Hughes looks like a bad, bad appointment. As for F1 it's very hard to compete with the big boys, although I guess Red Bull have shown it can be done if you have plenty of money.

ScottB
19-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Mark Hughes looks like a bad, bad appointment. As for F1 it's very hard to compete with the big boys, although I guess Red Bull have shown it can be done if you have plenty of money.

True, but they've if anything gone backwards despite spending more than the other new teams, same can be said of QPR, ploughed money in but nothing thus far to show for it. Perhaps that's it, you can't buy the right culture into a sporting team, maybe that's what he doesn't understand?

NOLA
20-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Something is wrong behind the scenes because on paper, that side appears better than the league position would suggestthey signed a boat load of players in the summer and predictably its taking awhile for the team to gel, if they don't soon they will have a new manager before they know it, he might not like these players and its a merry go round again, stick or twist time for the owners.