PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Kenny miller (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Bad Habits
19-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Was at work today and Andrew o'brien came in, (ex Newcastle and Bolton) who is now a teammate of Millers at whitecaps. got chatting to him about how there doing in the league etc. then moved onto Kenny Miller, he says that Kenny is getting a bit of stick where he is and wanted to engineer a loan move back to Hibs!, it was a very informal chat and it was just a small part of what we talked about but thought it was worth bringing up Especially if the Griffiths situation goes badly.

:pfgwa

cocopops1875
19-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Was at work today and Andrew o'brien came in, (ex Newcastle and Bolton) who is now a teammate of Millers at whitecaps. got chatting to him about how there doing in the league etc. then moved onto Kenny Miller, he says that Kenny is getting a bit of stick where he is and wanted to engineer a loan move back to Hibs!, it was a very informal chat and it was just a small part of what we talked about but thought it was worth bringing up Especially if the Griffiths situation goes badly.

His loan move chat seems very loaded towards Hibs in my opinion :agree:

iwasthere1972
19-11-2012, 06:18 PM
He would be a great signing and would still score goals for fun in the SPL.

So count me in for this but out for the MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon game.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Still out for the mk dons match and charted a few buses not to get there. Would like to see miller have another go at Easter road though

Keith_M
19-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Do you seriously think he'd be any good? Sorry, but I have serious doubts about this.

Squealing pig
19-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Think it could kick it in spl every1 should know that after his performances with Scotland recently.

bod
19-11-2012, 06:45 PM
reason he's getting a hard time is cos he's gash,past it,over the hill
time for him to retire.

Squealing pig
19-11-2012, 06:53 PM
time for him to retire.

You talking abt kuqi on a kenny miller thread.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2012, 06:54 PM
time for him to retire.

You could be talking about Kuqi. :greengrin

California-Hibs
19-11-2012, 06:55 PM
time for him to retire.

Complete nonsence IMO! Miller would be a great addition to our team and alot of people would be make to eat their words! :agree:

Golden Bear
19-11-2012, 06:59 PM
time for him to retire.

Absolute nonsense. He's only 32 and is a model professional. He would be a fantastic signing.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I'd take him on a short term loan.

Good pro, still quite young, bags of experience, would offer more than Kuqi and a decent role model for Caldwell and Handling.

cabbageandribs1875
19-11-2012, 07:16 PM
now let me see, miller and sparky running riot up front :hmmm:

yes plz :thumbsup: make it so roderick

Hibernia Na Eir
19-11-2012, 07:19 PM
heard same story last week.

YehButNoBut
19-11-2012, 07:20 PM
This was discussed last week on the thread below, a mate of his confirmed that he would like to return if possible.

Hopefully can be arranged as I'm sure would still do a good job in SPL and add a few bums to seats as well. :thumbsup:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250141-January-Targets

.Sean.
19-11-2012, 07:24 PM
No brainer really. Seems he's really keen and he'd stroll this league.

scoopyboy
19-11-2012, 07:24 PM
heard same story last week.

Jocky (his father) has told me for years that Kenneth would finish his career at Hibs as a thank you to the club.

I would be delighted if he was allowed the opportunity.

Billy Whizz
19-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Jocky (his father) has told me for years that Kenneth would finish his career at Hibs as a thank you to the club.

If this was to happen, is it a short term loan. Does his Canadian club have a different season to Scotland. When does his contract finish anyway in Canada?

EH6 Hibby
19-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I got a text asking me if I'd seen anything on here on Saturday about Miller. I just assumed the guy was slavering. :hmmm:

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2012, 07:29 PM
No brainer really. Seems he's really keen and he'd stroll this league.

Hope this happens, still a decent player with plenty to offer not so sure he will "stroll" the SPL but feel sure his signing would be worthwhile.

MSK
19-11-2012, 07:31 PM

I would be delighted if he was allowed the opportunity.Likewise, still has plenty in his tank to play at this level ..:agree:...cannae see it happening though ..

Emerald
19-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I remember people saying Steve Archibald was over the hill, rubbish for Scotland, too old and too slow before we signed him. He didn't need speed as his football brain was miles in front of the defenders he was up against. I think Miller would still be a potent striker in the SPL and could work out for us even if its just for a short time.

SteveHFC
19-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Yes Please

Ashtead Hibs
19-11-2012, 07:42 PM
If this was to happen, is it a short term loan. Does his Canadian club have a different season to Scotland. When does his contract finish anyway in Canada?

Vancouver are part of the MLS which has just finished and doesn't start again till March. Would have to be a similar deal to Donovan at Everton or Beckham at AC Milan.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Short term loan is good for me. We would get a hard shift and work ethic from and his experience for the youngsters would be invaluable

truehibernian
19-11-2012, 07:45 PM
time for him to retire.

Take a look at Kenny's international goals in the last year / year and a half - once you have a look, reconsider that comment mate and realise what utter rubbish you wrote there.

Against Cyprus he scored a goal which technically is one of the best you'll see, taking a long ball over the shoulder and dispatching it in one movement. Then he scores six yard box tap in's, meaning he's in the right place, right time (see v Northern Ireland, v Macedonia and v Wales). Then he scores the 'sclaffs' but again gets himself in the position to get a shot away, such as v Czech Republic.

Often he's been asked to lead the line himself, that role being often a thankless task - does he moan or whinge ? Did he ever turn his back or let Scotland down ever ? Nearly always available for squads regardless of whether it was meaningful or not. Has scored against top quality opposition and a variety of goals.

In the last minute of a game, who would you want a chance like this to fall to ? Kuqi or Kenny ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUslsRGMDz0

And you say past it eh.......frightening mate, frightening.

3pm
19-11-2012, 07:57 PM
He would be a great signing and would still score goals for fun in the SPL.

So count me in for this but out for the MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon game.

I hired a bus though man. You could've sent me a PM to say you weren't going.

iwasthere1972
19-11-2012, 08:02 PM
I hired a bus though man. You could've sent me a PM to say you weren't going.

:greengrin

Can you take my name off the list for the replay if there's one.

Cheers.

Smiggy 7-0
19-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Miller and Griffiths upfront together ------------- SCAREY
Opposition SH***IN themselves.
:top marks

bod
19-11-2012, 08:08 PM
saw him in his games for scotland.
not doubting his 100%.
not talking about the overweight over the hill overpaid striker that weve already got.
give a laddie a chance or pay the transfer fee for sparky
kenny miller = headless chicken.
but we're all intitled to oppinions eh
or are we ?

truehibernian
19-11-2012, 08:21 PM
not doubting his 100%.
not talking about the overweight over the hill overpaid striker that weve already got.
or are we ?

Fully entitled to your opinion, that's what forums are all about - I simply don't agree with yours and your assessment of Kenny Miller in my opinion is poor/nonsense.

Regards giving young players a chance, I'm absolutely in agreement as I'm perhaps too keen to want to see clubs give youth a chance - but when you have a top professional like Kenny Miller, who is still scoring goals at international level and has a quite superb CV in football, who do you think is better placed to be on the East Mains training ground with Sparky (hopefully), Doyle, Danny, Ross, Jay Doyle and Co and do you not think a player like Danny Handling, who is so similar to Kenny in style it's scary, would get great benefit from it ?

Kenny had (and has in my opinion) the greatest striker awareness I've seen in a Scottish footballer for years. His vision, movement and knack of being in the right place is not through luck - yes he's played with great players in great teams, but the ability to get into scoring positions as often and be as clinical is a natural ability - Kenny has it. The way he peels off a defender, gives himself a yard, sniffs out a loose pass......it's all there and has been throughout his career. He is not blessed with pace, but it's his instinct that gains him a yard.

The SPL has defenders like Zaliukas, Dillon, McAusland and Ross Tokely - do you honestly think a player with Kenny's ability would struggle to cope up against them, especially in a confident Hibs team ?

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2012, 08:22 PM
not doubting his 100%.
or are we ?

So you really think he is a headless chicken with nothing to offer?

Aldo
19-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Priority should be LG and others getting new contracts/extensions (Wotherspoon, Doyle and the likes)

HOWEVER

From what's been written on here I would assume that wages wouldn't be a problem with KM so we get a very good international at a price we can afford. In a word YES.

Vault Boy
19-11-2012, 08:25 PM
not doubting his 100%.
or are we ?

Everything you write looks like an attempt at poetry. On the Miller front, he has more than enough in him to be a good SPL striker, anyone could see that.

bod
19-11-2012, 08:36 PM
not doubting his 100%.
or are we ?

So you really think he is a headless chicken with nothing to offer?

yes

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2012, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;3419206]

yes

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion.

bod
19-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Everything you write looks like an attempt at poetry. On the Miller front, he has more than enough in him to be a good SPL striker, anyone could see that.

im nae Pam Ayres
of that you would agree
but if you think kenny millers still got it
then good on you

LaMotta
19-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Fully entitled to your opinion, that's what forums are all about - I simply don't agree with yours and your assessment of Kenny Miller in my opinion is poor/nonsense.

Regards giving young players a chance, I'm absolutely in agreement as I'm perhaps too keen to want to see clubs give youth a chance - but when you have a top professional like Kenny Miller, who is still scoring goals at international level and has a quite superb CV in football, who do you think is better placed to be on the East Mains training ground with Sparky (hopefully), Doyle, Danny, Ross, Jay Doyle and Co and do you not think a player like Danny Handling, who is so similar to Kenny in style it's scary, would get great benefit from it ?

Kenny had (and has in my opinion) the greatest striker awareness I've seen in a Scottish footballer for years. His vision, movement and knack of being in the right place is not through luck - yes he's played with great players in great teams, but the ability to get into scoring positions as often and be as clinical is a natural ability - Kenny has it. The way he peels off a defender, gives himself a yard, sniffs out a loose pass......it's all there and has been throughout his career. He is not blessed with pace, but it's his instinct that gains him a yard.

The SPL has defenders like Zaliukas, Dillon, McAusland and Ross Tokely - do you honestly think a player with Kenny's ability would struggle to cope up against them, especially in a confident Hibs team ?

Remember being in a bar in magaluf watching him score this last minute winner for us many moons ago - what a game :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Burs2dqNrx4

Hibercelona
19-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I can see where this league is heading for us now.

Miller and Kuqi up front, once we fail to cough up 150k for Griffiths. :boo hoo:

truehibernian
19-11-2012, 08:46 PM

Miller and Kuqi up front, once we fail to cough up 150k for Griffiths. :boo hoo:

Lucky we have Eoin Doyle, Danny Handling and Ross Caldwell too then - and Pat Fenlon looking at a couple of wingers :greengrin

Have faith mate, I think we will come good with the Leigh Griffiths move but if we don't PF will have thoughts on who to bring in.

Aldo
19-11-2012, 08:47 PM

We may have to sacrifice signing him in Jan and let him go back. In doing this signing a pre contract thus coming in the summer on 2/3 year deal.

I am greedy and want him until the end of season and to sign a deal with us

Vault Boy
19-11-2012, 08:52 PM
im nae Pam Ayres
of that you would agree
but if you think kenny millers still got it
then good on you

Ah, I don't think he still has the same amount to give as he did in his twenties, I think everybody can agree with that, but, he surely has enough for the SPL. If he's good enough for Scotland, he's good enough for the Scottish leagues. He doesn't still have all of 'it' but he still has more than enough.

HibeeSince85
19-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Miller would do well in the SPL and 32 is hardly auld.

I wasn't too fussed at first but he could be a good addition, his experience will be massive and he seems to have a very professional attitude.

Sparky is the priority though!

Kato
19-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Comparison with Miller and Mixu, with Mixu's stats ending when he was the age Miller is now. Taking into account Miller is far more mobile now than Mixu was in his first spell at ER I'd take him. Think him a Doyle could really hit it off.

1998–2000 Hibernian 45 12
1998–1999 Stenhousemuir (loan) 11 8
2000–2001 Rangers 30 8
2001 → Wolves (loan) 5 2
2001–2006 Wolves 162 50
2006–2007 Celtic 33 7
2007–2008 Derby County 30 4
2008–2011 Rangers 81 49
2011 Bursaspor 15 5
2011–2012 Cardiff City 43 10
2012– Vancouver Whitecaps FC 13 2
Apps goals 468 157

1985–1987 FC Haka 48 18
1987–1992 Dundee United 133 33
1992–1994 Aberdeen 75 23
1994–1997 Bolton Wanderers 69 15
1997–1998 Wolverhampton Wanderers 23 0
1998–2001 Hibernian 93 32
2001–2002 RC Strasbourg 7 0
Apps goals 448 121

LeighLoyal
19-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Miller is a good professional, unlike some, and I think he'd have plenty to offer us. Hope Griffiths stays though.

Hibeesmad
19-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Kenny Miller in the spl= GOALS!!!!!

SMAXXA
19-11-2012, 09:45 PM
If he signed for any other team in the SPL and we wernt quoted as having an interest this place would be in meltdown IMO, why wernt we interested, we should have signed him etc etc

He would be a good signing for any club in the SPL, I dare say he would do a job for Celtic domesticaly in the SPL. Not implying he would displace any of their other forwards but the point is still there. IMO of course

Hibeesmad
19-11-2012, 09:48 PM
If we get miller I believe we will be playing european football next season.

But tbh I would rather keep McGivern, Claros and griffiths than have miller.

Thecat23
19-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Be speaking to Kenny tomorrow and will ask him if anything else has happened? I haven't heard back from the email I sent to Hibs regarding Kennys availability. Maybe thought I was winding them up lol. Hibs are where he wants to come in Jan. He feels he can give something back to the club who gave him his chance in footy. I'll also stress money is not and will not be an issue. Once I've spoke to him I'll post if anything has changed.

3pm
19-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Be speaking to Kenny tomorrow and will ask him if anything else has happened? I haven't heard back from the email I sent to Hibs regarding Kennys availability. Maybe thought I was winding them up lol. Hibs are where he wants to come in Jan. He feels he can give something back to the club who gave him his chance in footy. I'll also stress money is not and will not be an issue. Once I've spoke to him I'll post if anything has changed.

2 months or permanent?

Thecat23
19-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Think it's looking like middle of March! Not 100% sure though. He's contracted to Whitecaps still so unless Hibs want to pay a fee it's loan only.

3pm
19-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Would he do it permanently?

trev the hat
19-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Good pro who's kept himself in decent shape, happily welcome him back to ER would be excellent for young guys as his movement is still good, & can be learnt from.

Fife-Hibee
19-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Please be true :-)

1950's hibbie
20-11-2012, 01:57 AM
I watched him in Vancouver this year. His performance was not good, he just to me didn't really settle. He and Robson were both benched for the last game of the season but came on as subs. There was talk that it was possible neither of them would play, although they did, in the playoff game. Miller is on something like $1.2 million not bad money, would he get that in Scotland, it was talked about at the games that he was in Vancouver because there wasn't much doing for him in Britain.

HibeeHutch
20-11-2012, 05:46 AM
I sincerely hope he comes no where near Easter Road. Gutted he left to go to the Huns more than a decade ago but I've seen him several times this season for both the Whitecaps and Scotland and he is definitely past it as far as I am concerned.

jdships
20-11-2012, 08:13 AM
time for him to retire.

:agree:

The Sea-gull
20-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Just two years ago Kenny Miller scored about 20 goals in half a season for Rangers.

I know that was two years ago but surely he can't have got so far off that form that we would turn our noses up at signing him. Unless he has had a Torres-esq wobble.

Miller instead of Griffiths - no thank you but if we can't get Griffiths then Miller would be a good option to tide us over until the sumer when we can have a proper think about a long term striking option.

Miller instead of Kuqi - no brainer.

Miller, Griffiths and Doyle in a front three with Wotherspoon, Deegan and Cairney in midfield* behind them - oh yes!

*left out Claros as I can't see us being able to afford him plus Griffiths plus Miller.

Thecat23
20-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Would he do it permanently?

Yeah mate he would.

Macaroon
20-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Miller and Griffiths upfront together ------------- SCAREY
Opposition SH***IN themselves.

No danger. It will be one or the other

3pm
20-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah mate he would.

I am up for it now.

I'll be very disappointed if we do not engage in serious conversation with him to see what he is thinking / gauge his interest.

brog
20-11-2012, 05:45 PM

Remember being in a bar in magaluf watching him score this last minute winner for us many moons ago - what a game :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Burs2dqNrx4

I watched that game in Paphos, incredibly about 20 Hibbies going berserk in the street after the game - wonderful!

snooky
20-11-2012, 06:56 PM
I sincerely hope he comes no where near Easter Road. Gutted he left to go to the Huns more than a decade ago but I've seen him several times this season for both the Whitecaps and Scotland and he is definitely past it as far as I am concerned.

"They never come back" - old adage from the boxing world.

IMHO, this applies to footballers too (although there are a FEW exceptions)

Bostonhibby
20-11-2012, 07:04 PM
If he wanted to come to ER for the right reasons, and the terms were within our reach without prejudicing a deal for Griffiths I'd take him in a heart beat. Could probably fill the Kuqi role, or at least what we thought it was going to be.

Mark79
20-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Excluding kuqi our strike force is young and needs development. Kuqi aint the answer in tutoring them when he is barely going to get a game. Miller would be ideal for me in helping these kids develop.

Billy Whizz
20-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Although I think he would be a cracking signing, I can't understand why this is out in the public domain. It's not the way Hibs do business, and I'm sure Kenny has an agent to conduct his business in public.
Is there more to this than meets the eye?

essexhibee
20-11-2012, 08:06 PM
And how are we meant to afford him...

cocopops1875
20-11-2012, 08:10 PM
And how are we meant to afford him...

The cat has already said money would not be a problem

jdships
20-11-2012, 08:13 PM
No danger. It will be one or the other

Or neither :greengrin
PF may decide to go with Doyle and the young lads !!
:flag:

Aldo
20-11-2012, 08:14 PM
If he wanted to come to ER for the right reasons, and the terms were within our reach without prejudicing a deal for Griffiths I'd take him in a heart beat. Could probably fill the Kuqi role, or at least what we thought it was going to be.

This. Priority for me is LG and extending the other loan deals... McGivern and for me Claros.

I would think with the likes of Sproule and Galbraith out of the picture then it shouldn't be a problem financing something.... From what TC has said money isn't his objective some we should be ok there.

Piqué
20-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Does Kenny really want this inside info broadcast on here? I guess if he gets the fans shouting for the move it strengthens his position though.

cocopops1875
20-11-2012, 08:25 PM
This. Priority for me is LG and extending the other loan deals... McGivern and for me Claros.

I would think with the likes of Sproule and Galbraith out of the picture then it shouldn't be a problem financing something.... From what TC has said money isn't his objective some we should be ok there.
I may have picked you up wrong but don't understand the sproule and Galbraith bit ?

Aldo
20-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I may have picked you up wrong but don't understand the sproule and Galbraith bit ?

Sorry should if made it clearer ... If we can move them on in Jan... Could hopefully finance deal for LG in Jan or we could get him to sign a pre contract and sign KM on loan?

Rory
20-11-2012, 09:29 PM
I thought I saw Jenny miller on duke st ealier, thought twas a doppleganger but goin by this thread ...saying that he's prob in the usa

cocopops1875
20-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Sorry should if made it clearer ... If we can move them on in Jan... Could hopefully finance deal for LG in Jan or we could get him to sign a pre contract and sign KM on loan?
But as mentioned on other threads it cost us money to bump folk with contracts :agree:

JollyGreenGiant
20-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Would love to see a Kenny Miller / Leigh Griffiths forward line. :cb

C'mon Rod, you know it makes sense :agree:

JimBHibees
21-11-2012, 11:25 AM
I thought I saw Jenny miller on duke st ealier, thought twas a doppleganger but goin by this thread ...saying that he's prob in the usa

Is that Kenny's sister? :greengrin

fatbloke
21-11-2012, 08:19 PM

IIRC Jocky was still playing until almost 40. Kenny could do the same. One day Jocky will be a booler as well:greengrin

woodyhfc4892
22-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Miller training with sevco just now...

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2755-miller-back-at-gers

SMAXXA
22-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Desperate to come back to Hibs then, surley he would have approached Hibs to train with us if he was that bothered?

Thecat23
22-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Desperate to come back to Hibs then, surley he would have approached Hibs to train with us if he was that bothered?

Kenny knows Ally well and all he's doing is keeping himself fit. He doesn't know Pat hence him not strolling up asking to use EM for training. Hibs know he's available so if they fancy it then its up to them, if not Kenny won't be here simples!

cam75
22-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Sevco still have transfer ban,Milller Will be staying in Glasgow no doubt he still owns house there ?

Golden Bear
22-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Kenny knows Ally well and all he's doing is keeping himself fit. He doesn't know Pat hence him not strolling up asking to use EM for training. Hibs know he's available so if they fancy it then its up to them, if not Kenny won't be here simples!

I'll give Pat a shout from the lower West on Saturday and tell him about Kenny's availability.

:wink:

SMAXXA
22-11-2012, 06:41 PM

What stops him approaching Hibs like? If i was that desperate to come to Hibs I wouldnt sit waiting on the call I would go make it happen

snooky
22-11-2012, 07:28 PM

While he may have meant in the nicest possible way, it sounds a bit condescending.

hibs0666
22-11-2012, 07:32 PM

It's quite common for players to keep themselves fit with lower-league outfits before signing for big teams. :agree:

Phil MaGlass
23-11-2012, 10:48 AM
While he may have meant in the nicest possible way, it sounds a bit condescending.

Dont know why you see it like that, its common in Europe, certainly in Holland to finish your career at the club that started it all as a thanks to fans and club, the players dont look for large wages either, no problem with me if Kenny comes back to ER he is fit and scores goals. It would be good if more players were to finish their careers at the club that started it all, I would love to see the likes of Fletcher and Broonie back.

truehibernian
23-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Dont know why you see it like that, its common in Europe, certainly in Holland to finish your career at the club that started it all as a thanks to fans and club, the players dont look for large wages either, no problem with me if Kenny comes back to ER he is fit and scores goals. It would be good if more players were to finish their careers at the club that started it all, I would love to see the likes of Fletcher and Broonie back.

I can see Fletcher back at Easter Road in a few years, in the same scenario as Kenny - I think Fletch would love to end his career at Hibs.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-11-2012, 11:05 AM
I can see Fletcher back at Easter Road in a few years, in the same scenario as Kenny - I think Fletch would love to end his career at Hibs.

I'd like to end my career at Hibs too, payroll isn't giving me the required satisfaction at the moment.

truehibernian
23-11-2012, 11:15 AM
I'd like to end my career at Hibs too, payroll isn't giving me the required satisfaction at the moment.

I'd have loved to have started, middled or ended my career at Hibs PH but alas it was never to be - the one thing I will however cherish is running out the tunnel at Easter Road as a very young youth player - the love of Hibernian never ever leaves you.

Winston Ingram
23-11-2012, 12:24 PM

He left Hibs about 12 yrs ago. He probably doesn't know anyone. He's good mate with Sally so it likely sprang from there. One thing's for certain is that he can't sign for them

Violater
23-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Take a look at Kenny's international goals in the last year / year and a half - once you have a look, reconsider that comment mate and realise what utter rubbish you wrote there.

Against Cyprus he scored a goal which technically is one of the best you'll see, taking a long ball over the shoulder and dispatching it in one movement. Then he scores six yard box tap in's, meaning he's in the right place, right time (see v Northern Ireland, v Macedonia and v Wales). Then he scores the 'sclaffs' but again gets himself in the position to get a shot away, such as v Czech Republic.

Often he's been asked to lead the line himself, that role being often a thankless task - does he moan or whinge ? Did he ever turn his back or let Scotland down ever ? Nearly always available for squads regardless of whether it was meaningful or not. Has scored against top quality opposition and a variety of goals.

In the last minute of a game, who would you want a chance like this to fall to ? Kuqi or Kenny ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUslsRGMDz0

And you say past it eh.......frightening mate, frightening.

Totally agree with this post :top marks

Can easily do a job in the SPL.

Lee0762
24-11-2012, 11:14 PM
From Twitter. "@p_mcpartlin: Pat Fenlon's thoughts on the possibility of a former Hibs striker returning to Easter Rd will be on http://scotsman.com/sport at midnight. #tease

leither17
24-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Got to be miller

Fantic
24-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Fletcher?

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Please be Konte :pray:

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Valdas Trakys

Col2
24-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Oconnor? Miller? Stokes? Keith keith keith?

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Phil Airey?

Col2
24-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Agogogogo

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2012, 11:23 PM
It'll be -
Journo - "so Pat, Kenny Miller is back in Scotland and possibly looking for a club for a few months. Would you be interested?"
PF - "obviously I would always be interested in a player with Kennys quality and experience, but there would be a number of factors we would have to look at"
End of Story

hibee_girl
24-11-2012, 11:24 PM
McManus :pray:

AndyB_70
24-11-2012, 11:26 PM
O'Connor was inBehind The Goals pre match and it is close season for him at the moment.

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Chris Killen?

Benji?

Antoine-Curier?

Donaldson?

Nish?

Pinau?

Houchy
24-11-2012, 11:30 PM
It's tucked in his sock, It's tucked in his sooooock, Akpo Sodje, It's tucked in his sock:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Chris Killen?

Benji?

Antoine-Curier?

Donaldson?

Nish?

Pinau?

Pinau! Now there's a blast from the past. He's done we'll since leaving us eh - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pinau

hibee_girl
24-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Chris Killen?

Benji?

Antoine-Curier?

Donaldson?

Nish?

Pinau?

Cairney's hair do today reminded me of Benji so much, might just be my dodgy eyes tho!

The Green Goblin
24-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Stephen Dobbie. It's got to be! FINALLY!!!! I've been posting it for years. Loads of us have. It seems the club have finally listened. :greengrin

Follow that up with our other long standing signing prediction Bob "FTP" Malcolm and the league is ours....

Hibeesmad
25-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Daryl Duffy.....

silverhibee
25-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Big Gaz, just left Rods hoose.

SteveHFC
25-11-2012, 12:02 AM
It's Miller :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
25-11-2012, 12:03 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-eye-kenny-miller-loan-deal-1-2658630

Prydo
25-11-2012, 12:03 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-eye-kenny-miller-loan-deal-1-2658630 :flag:

the_ginger_hibee
25-11-2012, 12:06 AM
The whole story based on this one quote...

“It’s been mentioned to me in the last few days but it’s 
not something we’ve actively done anything about. Is he available and does he want to come and play for us? You never know. He’s a fantastic player and we look at all options to try and improve the team. I hadn’t thought about Kenny Miller but, without getting too much into it, I’ll have a look at all the options.”

PapillonVert
From Twitter. "@p_mcpartlin: Pat Fenlon's thoughts on the possibility of a former Hibs striker returning to Easter Rd will be on http://scotsman.com/sport at midnight. #tease

Aw no, we're getting the superannuated back again.

Crikey, these guys can't wait to leave us and then, when no-one else wants them, they want to come back.

Why can't we just move on?

CallumLaidlaw
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-eye-kenny-miller-loan-deal-1-2658630

Well I wasn't far off :thumbsup:

Big_Franck
25-11-2012, 12:08 AM
It'll be -
Journo - "so Pat, Kenny Miller is back in Scotland and possibly looking for a club for a few months. Would you be interested?"
PF - "obviously I would always be interested in a player with Kennys quality and experience, but there would be a number of factors we would have to look at"
End of Story

You were bang on :greengrin

MrSmith
25-11-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm glad am p!shed and delirious ... is that an oasis??

Emerald
25-11-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm glad am p!shed and delirious ... is that an oasis??
Oasis ?I would suggest its a mirage - or you've pissed yourself :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
25-11-2012, 06:39 PM
O'connor was at the game yesterday and was telling people he is coming back to us in January.

Word of caution - this is the same O'connor who said he was on his way to the Huns, then Celtic etc etc.

If he does come back he needs to be fitter and leaner than he was at the end of his last spell with us !

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2012, 06:56 PM
O'connor was at the game yesterday and was telling people he is coming back to us in January.

Word of caution - this is the same O'connor who said he was on his way to the Huns, then Celtic etc etc.

If he does come back he needs to be fitter and leaner than he was at the end of his last spell with us !

He can say what he wants, but I doubt PF would touch him with a bargepole after the events in May......

Northernhibee
25-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Hope not. After that initial flurry of goals O'Connor was the biggest liability for us in a Hibs jersey last season. Fat, lazy and way too much hassle than he's worth.

Hibercelona
25-11-2012, 07:05 PM

The mans an idiot and shouldn't be aloud anywhere near the pitch in a Hibs top.

It's obviously Miller anyway.

3pm
25-11-2012, 07:14 PM
He can say what he wants, but I doubt PF would touch him with a bargepole after the events in May......

He was a disgrace. He can **** off.

LeighLoyal
25-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Miller and Griffiths, if he stays, could win us this league. :agree:

HibeeN
25-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Miller and O'Connor are just about as far apart as you could possibly get in terms of values that they would bring to the club. Give me Miller's hardworking, professional attitude any day.

Hainan Hibs
25-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Would love to have Miller back, even on a short term loan deal I suspect he would have a very big impact on the younger guys in the team.

Col2
25-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Would love to have Miller back, even on a short term loan deal I suspect he would have a very big impact on the younger guys in the team.

Yup. Pace, experience, can physically lead the line and would be good for a few goals in the SPL. Tax dodger yams can only dream.

HibeeSince85
25-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Don't want big Gaz anywhere near Hibs. The guy's a slaver.

Miller would improve the team.

JollyGreenGiant
25-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I wonder if getting Kenny Miller on loan would persuade Leigh to sign a deal :pray:

iwasthere1972
25-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Don't want big Gaz anywhere near Hibs. The guy's a slaver.

Miller would improve the team.

Had his day at Hibs and would now rather be discussing on field issues than off field issues in the coming months.

Deeks and Gaz could have done so much more in their footballing lives and will both look back in a number of years and regret that they didn't.

Bristolhibby
25-11-2012, 08:21 PM
It's got to be Edwardo Hurtardo.

Him and Kuqi up front, the pace would be terrifying.

J

patch1875
25-11-2012, 08:21 PM
How o'connor done in Siberia ?

JimBHibees
27-11-2012, 09:34 AM

Never mind only PF, no Hibs fan in their right mind would want him back ever.

Thecat23
27-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Thought I'd update you guys regarding Kenny. Both parties would be happy with with a deal getting struck but there is now a stumbling block regarding Whitecaps as they aren't keen on letting him join us. Not sure if they don't want him playing anywhere at all or just us? Nothing else has happened as of yet but Kenny is hopeful they will allow him to come.

copycat
27-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Have to say, not always keen on players returning, should Miller sign even for a short term loan it would be a magnificent move for the club, no matter what, the guy scores goals, him and Leigh up fron would be frightening for any defence.

It would also be the kind of signing that would get supporters through the turnstiles

edinburghhibee
27-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Miller back at Easter road would be a fantastic move for us. He scores goals wherever he goes and gives 110% for the cause exactly what we/PF want. Put into the mix that he genuinely wants to come here and play for us many times do you here that from a player with his background???

SlickShoes
27-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Why are we just removing Doyle from the team to slot in Kenny Miller?

If anything Miller would be replacing Kuqi on the bench, he can come on after 70 minutes and make a real impact unlike Kuqi.

Thecat23
27-11-2012, 12:00 PM

If anything Miller would be replacing Kuqi on the bench, he can come on after 70 minutes and make a real impact unlike Kuqi.

I personally think Doyle has worked hard and deserves his starting place. If Kenny comes in, I have to admit i'd rather him and Leigh up front myself. Both proven scorers in this league and could do a bit damage together. My opinion of course.

Billy Whizz
27-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I personally think Doyle has worked hard and deserves his starting place. If Kenny comes in, I have to admit i'd rather him and Leigh up front myself. Both proven scorers in this league and could do a bit damage together. My opinion of course.

I think Doyle can play in the position that Paul Cairney plays, and allows him to move inside where he played with Partick

Number69
27-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Miller in, Griffiths away back to Wolves and KM + ED upfront.

I think Doyle and Miller would be a fantastic partnership, imagine what Miller would bring to Doyles game.

LancashireHibby
27-11-2012, 12:15 PM
To be honest I don't see any situation where we'll have Griffiths and Miller at the same time. Doyle and Miller would work really well together though I reckon given the difference in their individual styles.

number9dream
27-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Chap I know who is friendly with Danny Lennon says St Mirren have already made an approach to KM.
Surely Hibs would be a more attractive option from Jan - March but would Whitecaps be willing to risk him being injured for, at best, £2k a week from us?
Any loose change the club has should be aimed at getting Griffiths on a two/three year deal.

Ross4356
27-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Miller and Griffiths, if he stays, could win us this league. :agree:

No

Hibs90
27-11-2012, 02:01 PM
I'd rather we focused on signing Leigh

Golden Bear
27-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Miller back at Easter road would be a fantastic move for us. He scores goals wherever he goes and gives 110% for the cause exactly what we/PF want. Put into the mix that he genuinely wants to come here and play for us many times do you here that from a player with his background???

He would be a brilliant signing so let's hope it can be done.

Thecat23
27-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Chap I know who is friendly with Danny Lennon says St Mirren have already made an approach to KM.
Surely Hibs would be a more attractive option from Jan - March but would Whitecaps be willing to risk him being injured for, at best, £2k a week from us?
Any loose change the club has should be aimed at getting Griffiths on a two/three year deal.

Nothing has been said to kenny about Saints mate. If they did approach and Hibs don't want him then he would go there. He wants to play in the SPL with us but it's Whitecaps that's holding the deal up.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2012, 02:35 PM

That's absolute tosh. He told me in the toilets that he was signing for Barcelona, and seemed highly excited at this news.

I was equally animated about my impending move to Real Madrid, and we had a great old time shouting wildly at each other as to who would win La Liga.

Squealing pig
27-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Here's hoping he does want to sign, this kind of signing would get me back on my tight budget.

Stevie Reid
27-11-2012, 02:45 PM
That's absolute tosh. He told me in the toilets that he was signing for Barcelona, and seemed highly excited at this news.

I was equally animated about my impending move to Real Madrid, and we had a great old time shouting wildly at each other as to who would win La Liga.

Quality :greengrin

le bill
27-11-2012, 03:23 PM

That'll be 2 ex-hibbies plying there trade at the Nou Camp what with BENJI surely due his move any day now!
PS Congrats Bob on your move to RM !

truehibernian
27-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Thought I'd update you guys regarding Kenny. Both parties would be happy with with a deal getting struck but there is now a stumbling block regarding Whitecaps as they aren't keen on letting him join us. Not sure if they don't want him playing anywhere at all or just us? Nothing else has happened as of yet but Kenny is hopeful they will allow him to come.

Still very promising bud and well done on your efforts too - if two parties are happy then you'd like to think some canny negotiating could come up with a compromise - admittedly Vancouver hold the ace card - I've every faith in the parties coming to an agreement. Am I right in saying though there would be a sizeable insurance fee in case of injury to Kenny ?

truehibernian
27-11-2012, 04:09 PM
If it were a loan for 3 months I meant ?

Andy Bee
27-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Here's hoping he does want to sign, this kind of signing would get me back on my tight budget.

American Tan?

Squealing pig
27-11-2012, 06:14 PM
American Tan?

Just a Scottish yin

Thecat23
27-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Still very promising bud and well done on your efforts too - if two parties are happy then you'd like to think some canny negotiating could come up with a compromise - admittedly Vancouver hold the ace card - I've every faith in the parties coming to an agreement. Am I right in saying though there would be a sizeable insurance fee in case of injury to Kenny ?

He's not said anything to me about insurance fees mate, just that whitecaps had stalled at their end. It may well be that's the case. I'll ask him tomorrow.

truehibernian
27-11-2012, 09:10 PM
He's not said anything to me about insurance fees mate, just that whitecaps had stalled at their end. It may well be that's the case. I'll ask him tomorrow.

No bother bud, good to know and superb wee scoop from ya - all fingers and toes are crossed that it comes off.

...WentToMowAnSPL
27-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Always the same... Who pays for the top up tan sessions

Sudds_1
27-11-2012, 09:20 PM

whilst dancing to the white stripes.......or at least one of you were. :greengrin

Hibeesforever
27-11-2012, 11:11 PM

Or Hibs could go 4-3-3 with three stikers that inter-change or Miller could play in midfield just ahead of carlos. Kenny has got good touch, works hard and can retain possession. Wouldn't last 90 minutes but would give the team so much more than the pub player that currently comes on with 10 mins to play.

Or go 3 at the back Maybury, Hanlon and McGivern and play 5 in midfield, to encourage some late runs into the box.

Lots of attacking options.

Arnistonboy
12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Is it true we have signed him on a short term deal.......source FB lol

madabouthibs
12-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Ime, facebook is worse than the sun and Record for pish!

WheresTheBevvy?
12-12-2012, 03:34 PM
if so its a pure excuse of a substitution for Griffths

stokesmessiah
12-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I smell YAM !!!

lyonhibs
12-12-2012, 03:41 PM
:foot: Facebook aye??

:fenlon

I'll wait until I see it some slightly more upmarket publications before I start frothing at the chops.

1875Sean
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Not heard anything apart from paper talk a few weeks ago talking about roumours anyone heard about this from the bbc gossip coloumn?

And Fenlon is preparing a bid for Partick Thistle midfielder Chris Erskine. (Daily Mail)

Golden Bear
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM

I disagree and his signing doesn't necessarily need to be a substitution.

Unless you know differently of course?

pontius pilate
12-12-2012, 03:56 PM
I have seen this on FB as well maybe sparky is signed on a per-contract with kenny filling some if the void upti mar???? Great signing if true and maybe shift some half season tickets

VickMackie
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Where's thecat!

Golden Bear
12-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Where's thecat!

That's a Korker.

TheReg!
12-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Where's thecat!

Yup Freddie Aka The Cat will know for sure, I'll see if I can stir him.

SMAXXA
12-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Ime, facebook is worse than the sun and Record for pish!

Yeah but more or less reliable than Greggs?

Frazerbob
12-12-2012, 04:34 PM

KM would be a great signing and as good a replacement for Griffiths as we could hope for. Would preffer the two them though!

hibbill2002
12-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Is it true we have signed him on a short term deal.......source FB lol

I hope rumours right mate, and we keep Griffiths too.

AlbertK86
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Heard a fortnight ago that he wants to come to hibs. Source an employee at ERd who is still in contact with him.

Whether Hibs want him and whether parent club allow it is the issue

Money not an object as word is he will play for peanuts for giving him his big break in the first place

hfc rd
12-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Heard a fortnight ago that he wants to come to hibs. Source an employee at ERd who is still in contact with him.

Money not an object as word is he will play for peanuts for giving him his big break in the first place

Don't think money will be an issue either. He's made his money, I'm sure & if he wants to come then I will be happy with that.

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Yup Freddie Aka The Cat will know for sure, I'll see if I can stir him.

He's not signed guys just rang him after seeing this. No further forward sadly.

SMAXXA
12-12-2012, 05:44 PM

Think maybe your mates been reading .net and the TCats posts mabe

Golden Bear
12-12-2012, 05:45 PM
He's not signed guys just rang him after seeing this. No further forward sadly.

Well tell him to get on with it!

The Hibernian family expects.

Piqué
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Nae danger this news would be on facebook before it was on here!

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Well tell him to get on with it!

The Hibernian family expects.

I've told him he better get a move on and sign, just so I can boast about playing my part :D

M11BMO
12-12-2012, 06:35 PM
He bumped into a mate of mine, (who knows Kenny from years ago,) in Tiger Lilly the night before the derby and asked him what the situation is in regards to the Hibs rumours. He said there's no chance of going anywhere on loan in January. If he gets injured while on loan then Vancouver wont pay him for the duration of the injury. he mentioned this was in his contract. Just passing on what I've heard and no reason to doubt this.

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 06:51 PM
He bumped into a mate of mine, (who knows Kenny from years ago,) in Tiger Lilly the night before the derby and asked him what the situation is in regards to the Hibs rumours. He said there's no chance of going anywhere on loan in January. If he gets injured while on loan then Vancouver wont pay him for the duration of the injury. he mentioned this was in his contract. Just passing on what I've heard and no reason to doubt this.

That was one issue both Kenny and Whitecaps have tried to work on. As it stands St. Mirren are more likely than us to get him. If they approach whitecaps and come to an agreement he will end up there. He wants to play until he goes back and whitecaps know it will help them as he will still be match fit. Yes there is that chance he could be injured but that's football. Nothing has changed though and he would still prefer to play at Hibs. Whether Pat gets in contact with whitecaps nothing will happen as they now hold all the cards.

SteveHFC
12-12-2012, 06:55 PM
As it stands St. Mirren are more likely than us to get him..

That would be embarrassing :(

hfc rd
12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
That would be embarrassing :(

It will be like the Sheridan situation all over again when we couldn't come to an agreement with the players parent club and then lost out to a smaller club for his services. I really hope lightning doesn't strike twice with this one.

Juice-Terry
12-12-2012, 07:04 PM
As it stands St. Mirren are more likely than us to get him.

And why is this? (Not having a go, just curious.)

The Sea-gull
12-12-2012, 07:07 PM
It would be embarrassing if he chose st mirren over us but sounds like that wont be the case as given a straight choice it sounds like he wants hibs. If he goes to saints then it will be because we dont want him or we wont agree his clubs loan terms. Would be embarrassing if saints beat up to him over money related issue though. It could well be that hibs want to try and sort lg out before moving for miller and saints may offer him a deal meantime. Miller cant wait until end of Jan and his club probably cant either. Would like to get them both or admit defeat over LG and get miller signed asap before he goes elsewhere rather than miss out on him as we have had long enough to get a deal done for LG. First choice would be to sign both but that wont happen so second choice is get LG and if not get miller.

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 07:18 PM
And why is this? (Not having a go, just curious.)

Well so far Lennon is the only person that has contacted both him and his agent about a move. So now if he goes to whitecaps and asks them and they agree he will go. Like Kenny says if Pat wants him he'll choose us over anyone but he may not be what Pat wants or maybe he has other signing options. All he knows is Hibs did contact his agent but he hasn't spoken direct to anyone from Hibs and whitecaps haven't had any approach either mate.

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 07:27 PM
If St Mirren do get him it won't be about money it will simply be down to either Pat not wanting Kenny or St Mirren just quicker tying up a deal.

WheresTheBevvy?
12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I disagree and his signing doesn't necessarily need to be a substitution.

Unless you know differently of course?

i mean if we get miller rather than griffths its a cheaper option.

no chance we would get both players not especially now that rangers have had the transfer embargo removed

CropleyWasGod
12-12-2012, 08:36 PM
i mean if we get miller rather than griffths its a cheaper option.

no chance we would get both players not especially now that rangers have had the transfer embargo removed

When did that happen?

Winston Ingram
12-12-2012, 08:51 PM
When did that happen?

I think he's found the bevvy. It's not been

Mikey
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
If we can get KM for the rest of the season then fine, but if he has to go back to VW in March/April then I don't see the point in disrupting things.

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
It will be like the Sheridan situation all over again when we couldn't come to an agreement with the players parent club and then lost out to a smaller club for his services. I really hope lightning doesn't strike twice with this one.

Maybe PF just has no interest in him.........Let's not jump the gun and hang anyone at Hibs......

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
If we can get KM for the rest of the season then fine, but if he has to go back to VW in March/April then I don't see the point in disrupting things.

I actually dont want KM back, but if he signs then fine..... Do we actually know if PF is interested in him or not?

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 10:17 PM

I think having him at the club even for a short time would give the young strikers a huge boost. He would bring experience and help them progress by giving them tips etc. basically how to be a proper professional unlike say O'Connor. Kenny for me isn't as talented as Deeks was but he certainly worked hard for where he's got and he could rub off on others at the club.

GhostofBolivar
12-12-2012, 10:42 PM

He's getting stick from MLS fans because he's terrible (I know, it's a shock). 2 goals in 13 appearances for Vancouver and the kind of aimless play that sums up his form for Scotland. He's also reportedly been a less than positive influence in the dressing room. He is, apparently, uninterested in being a role player or a mentor to younger players. Whitecaps fans hate him and aren't that much more fond of Barry Robson. They want rid of them both. That should be more than enough to start alarm bells ringing.

Miller's 32, hasn't done anything since he left Rangers the second time, he's a terrible finisher, doesn't have that much good football sense and he's allegedly on $1.2m a year. So he'll be expensive, of little use and only interested in keeping his role in a Scotland team that he should have been dropped from months before he was.

What has he shown us that would make anyone think that this would be a good signing for Hibs?

Diclonius
12-12-2012, 10:49 PM
What has he shown us that would make anyone think that this would be a good signing for Hibs?

The last time he was playing in the SPL - only two years ago - he scored 21 goals in 18 appearances.

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 10:50 PM
He's getting stick from MLS fans because he's terrible (I know, it's a shock). 2 goals in 13 appearances for Vancouver and the kind of aimless play that sums up his form for Scotland. He's also reportedly been a less than positive influence in the dressing room. He is, apparently, uninterested in being a role player or a mentor to younger players. Whitecaps fans hate him and aren't that much more fond of Barry Robson. They want rid of them both. That should be more than enough to start alarm bells ringing.

Miller's 32, hasn't done anything since he left Rangers the second time, he's a terrible finisher, doesn't have that much good football sense and he's allegedly on $1.2m a year. So he'll be expensive, of little use and only interested in keeping his role in a Scotland team that he should have been dropped from months before he was.

Soon as I read " he's been less than positive in the dressing room" I can safely say that's rubbish. Also he's not hated at all. Your asking what he would bring to Hibs? Are you serious? He would score goals in this league believe me. Your fully entitled to your opinion but don't post crap. You don't rate him and that's fine, but to say he's hated and not positive is laughable.

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 10:51 PM
The last time he was playing in the SPL - only two years ago - he scored 21 goals in 18 appearances.

Exactly!! To say he wouldn't score goals is ridiculous.

Makaveli
12-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Are we talking about the same Hibs and the same Kenny Miller when people are saying he wouldn't be a good signing? :confused:

GhostofBolivar
12-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Soon as I read " he's been less than positive in the dressing room" I can safely say that's rubbish. Also he's not hated at all. Your asking what he would bring to Hibs? Are you serious? He would score goals in this league believe me. Your fully entitled to your opinion but don't post crap. You don't rate him and that's fine, but to say he's hated and not positive is laughable.

I think virtually every Whitecaps fan (including myself) was baying for his blood at the end of the season after what was perceived as a bunch of substandard performances,

http://whitecapsfan.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/the-whitecaps-strikers-who-stay-and-who-should-go/

So we have Barry Robson a flawed player that's fine taking one for the team, and Miller, who would prefer to have things his own way.

This is purely speculation, but I'd say that it appears his heart lies with the Scottish National Team, and his primary goal is playing with them in the next World Cup.

http://www.eightysixforever.com/2012/11/14/3646462/if-you-had-to-pick

And I've seen a lot of much less reasoned and much less family friendly criticism of him on Twitter from Whitecaps fans.

GhostofBolivar
12-12-2012, 11:12 PM

Kenny Miller's career since he left Hibs:

Rangers: 11 goals in 38 games
Wolves: 63 in 191
Celtic: 11 in 46
Derby: 6 in 33
Rangers: 55 in 108
Bursaspor: 5 in 15
Cardiff: 11 in 50
Vancouver: 2 in 13

One of these is what a statistician would call an outlier. Can you guess which one?

heretoday
12-12-2012, 11:14 PM
It would be great to get Kenny Miller. He was a top striker for us previously but I fear his career has gone down since he left ER.

Come on back KM! Remember that cheeky outside-of-the-foot goal he scored at Tynie? More please!

Thecat23
12-12-2012, 11:20 PM
http://whitecapsfan.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/the-whitecaps-strikers-who-stay-and-who-should-go/.

And I've seen a lot of much less reasoned and much less family friendly criticism of him on Twitter from Whitecaps fans.

Here's a tip, don't believe everything you read. More so when it's written by a fan. Plus it doesn't exactly blame Kenny does it? If Kenny comes here he won't be on big money either. Kenny has had many whitecap fans come up to him and have said nothing but good things.

I hope he does come back and prove you wrong

Cabbage East
12-12-2012, 11:25 PM
http://whitecapsfan.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/the-whitecaps-strikers-who-stay-and-who-should-go/

Canadian football fans are a knowledgeable bunch. They seem like a legit judge of a footballer :agree:

:rolleyes:

truehibernian
12-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Kenny Miller v Ross Tokely
Kenny Miller v Lee Mair
Kenny Miller v Zaliowngoal
Kenny Miller v Frazer Wright
Kenny Miller v Michael Nelson
Kenny Miller v Sean Hutchison
Kenny Miller v Sean Dillon

I'd back Kenny every single day of the week when up against these current first pick SPL defenders.

For me it's an absolute no brainer - the experience and ability he'd bring to Hibs would be hugely beneficial, to the team and young players.

For those relying on fans views of KM in Canada - I myself wrote off Paul Hanlon until this season and he has happily proved me wrong. I also wrote on here that perhaps Hibs and David Wotherspoon were no longer a good fit - again I'm delighted to be eating humble pie.

Kenny's had critics throughout his career - yet he's still scoring goals and turning in some creditable performances at international level. That's good enough for me.

GhostofBolivar
12-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Canadian football fans are a knowledgeable bunch. They seem like a legit judge of a footballer :agree:

:rolleyes:

This is a group of fans who regularly get up anywhere between 5am and 7am on a Sunday morning to watch European league games. They deserve more respect than you're giving them.

hibees 7062
12-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Here's a tip, don't believe everything you read. More so when it's written by a fan. Plus it doesn't exactly blame Kenny does it? If Kenny comes here he won't be on big money either. Kenny has had many whitecap fans come up to him and have said nothing but good things.

I hope he does come back and prove you wrong

GhostofBolivar
12-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Kenny Miller v Ross Tokely
Kenny Miller v Lee Mair
Kenny Miller v Zaliowngoal
Kenny Miller v Frazer Wright
Kenny Miller v Michael Nelson
Kenny Miller v Sean Hutchison
Kenny Miller v Sean Dillon

I'd back Kenny every single day of the week when up against these current first pick SPL defenders.

For me it's an absolute no brainer - the experience and ability he'd bring to Hibs would be hugely beneficial, to the team and young players.

For those relying on fans views of KM in Canada - I myself wrote off Paul Hanlon until this season and he has happily proved me wrong. I also wrote on here that perhaps Hibs and David Wotherspoon were no longer a good fit - again I'm delighted to be eating humble pie.

Kenny's had critics throughout his career - yet he's still scoring goals and turning in some creditable performances at international level. That's good enough for me.

You're kidding me.

He's scored 3 goals in competitive internationals in the last 5 years and one of them was against Liechtenstein. He hasn't scored a goal in a game that mattered away from Hampden since September 2006.

That's not the record of a quality football player.

heretoday
12-12-2012, 11:54 PM
You're kidding me.

He's scored 3 goals in competitive internationals in the last 5 years and one of them was against Liechtenstein. He hasn't scored a goal in a game that mattered away from Hampden since September 2006.

Oh come on! He wouldn't have got where he did without knocking in the goals. Hopefully he'll be doing that for us before long. Or laying them on for someone else.

truehibernian
13-12-2012, 12:08 AM
You're kidding me.

I was always brought up on the principle every game mattered. I couldn't care less if Kenny scored for Hibs at Easter Road or Wardie whilst training, against Hearts in the league or against Gala Fairydean in a friendly. He's a quality footballer that the likes of Strachan, Smith, McLeish, Davies, Jones and others have seen too.

I think you're being very very harsh and to be blunt quite ignorant of his skill level and ability.

cam75
13-12-2012, 12:09 AM
I would take his passport and stick in RP wallet.possative club sighning rather than last two legends we signed.

GhostofBolivar
13-12-2012, 12:18 AM
I was always brought up on the principle every game mattered. I couldn't care less if Kenny scored for Hibs at Easter Road or Wardie whilst training, against Hearts in the league or against Gala Fairydean in a friendly. He's a quality footballer that the likes of Strachan, Smith, McLeish, Davies, Jones and others have seen too.

I think you're being very very harsh and to be blunt quite ignorant of his skill level and ability.

No. It's all relative. Kenny Miller is undoubtably much, much better at football than anyone I've ever known. You have to be exceptionally talented to be terrible at that level, but terrible is what he is.

snooky
13-12-2012, 12:32 AM

One of these is what a statistician would call an outlier. Can you guess which one?

Not quite sure if this is what you mean by outlier but in his first time with RFC I think 5 of the goals were scored in one game (against St Midden)?

Diclonius
13-12-2012, 02:12 AM

Okay, how about Kenny Miller's career in the SPL:

Hibs: 12 in 45
Rangers: 8 in 30
Celtic: 7 in 33
Rangers: 49 in 81

Total: 76 in 189. A goal every three games which amounts to around 13 a season.

KWJ
13-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Really looks like trolling.

The first Rangers stats will include heaps of sub appearances. The guys would star for 11 SPL teams.

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 09:16 AM
I would take his passport and stick in RP wallet.possative club sighning rather than last two legends we signed.

:confused::rolleyes::aok:

Golden Bear
13-12-2012, 09:21 AM
If PF is not interested in signing Kenny then that will be end of story.

Unfortunately.

GhostofBolivar
13-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Really looks like trolling.

The first Rangers stats will include heaps of sub appearances. The guys would star for 11 SPL teams.

And the second set of Rangers stats is warped by an unsustainable scoring rate. Take that away and the mean for his career is about a goal every 3.5 games. We can get that cheaper and on a permanent basis instead of wasting our time trying to sign someone for 8 weeks or whatever it'd be.

jdships
13-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Seeing we are getting caught up in a discussion re 'statistics' how many ex Hibs players have returned to ER later in their career's and been a success ?

I appreciate the answers will be very much based on personal opinion but for me I do not get excited by ex players coming back at 30something for a pension :greengrin:wink:

Golden Bear
13-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Seeing we are getting caught up in a discussion re 'statistics' how many ex Hibs players have returned to ER later in their career's and been a success ?

I appreciate the answers will be very much based on personal opinion but for me I do not get excited by ex players coming back at 30something for a pension :greengrin:wink:

It all depends on how well the player has looked after themselves throughout their career I dare say.

KM will still have a lot to offer imo.

hibee92
13-12-2012, 10:29 AM
His last season in the SPL he scored 21 goals in 18 games.

He isn't good enough to play for Scotland anymore and he isn't good enough to play at the highest level anymore, but the SPL isn't the highest level.

He'd be a fantastic addition to the squad.

hibs4thecup1988
13-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I actually cannot believe people are unsure if KM would be a good addition. I mean seriously?
Doyle, caldwell, kuqi. Or KM an experienced striker who would tear this league up. Let me think..

And btw that is not a dig at the 3 mentioned players.

I can't see it happening anyways so all of you that say he will be rubbish etc can say "knew he wouldn't be good enough"

Phil MaGlass
13-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Scratch head, mmm.... scratch head again...... mmmm...... Kenny Miller not good enough for Hibs.....mmm.... uncontrollable laughter.....more uncontrollable laughter.... aye everyones an expert, not good enough.....more uncontrollable laughter. Yi cannae make it up, hahahaha, pishin ma breeks, no good enough, hahahaha... ya beauty..... please, someone hold me up, no good enough hahahaa...........

GhostofBolivar
13-12-2012, 11:14 AM
I actually cannot believe people are unsure if KM would be a good addition. I mean seriously?
Doyle, caldwell, kuqi. Or KM an experienced striker who would tear this league up. Let me think..

And btw that is not a dig at the 3 mentioned players.

I can't see it happening anyways so all of you that say he will be rubbish etc can say "knew he wouldn't be good enough"

I can't get excited about signing a past-his-prime striker on a short term loan who has rarely been better than mediocre whatever level he's played at.

It solves nothing. Spend the effort on signing someone for longer than 10 games.

Golden Bear
13-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I can't get excited about signing a past-his-prime striker on a short term loan who has rarely been better than mediocre whatever level he's played at.

It solves nothing. Spend the effort on signing someone for longer than 10 games.

Truly unbelievable!

truehibernian
13-12-2012, 11:17 AM

Agree sometimes mate that it's not always a good move for certain players to return - however having worked in pensions and having had access to Scottish Premier League players' contributions into pension funds in a previous job (sportsman/women have very unique pensions and retiral ages, although I believe retirement age has been increased - used to be set at 35 for a player to receive pension sums) I'm quite sure Kenny has absolutely no need to 'top up' :agree:

I genuinely think Kenny would be coming back to 'give something back' to Hibs in the way of playing, experience and coaching. I think it would be a great move, but if it is say at the expense of Leigh or Chris Erskine/another target then I'd be inclined to agree with you and go for the younger, hungrier players - but it's just a personal thing with me, I loved Kenny's first time with Hibs - it was a great time to be a Hibs supporter when we had Russell, Mixu, Lovell, Kenny and Laursen. And he's still a good good player in my eyes.

hibs4thecup1988
13-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Hardly past his prime. What about when we signed an over weight over aged striker all those years ago in Mixu? Who knew he would go on to be a club hero? (Forgetting his manager side). So I'm sorry I'd love to see KM back!

I know what you mean regards signing someone longer term, however, if this mean Leigh could go back to wolves and we could sign him on a pre contract then I'd have it every day of the week.

Wonder if Milan fans thought the same when they were signing Beckham, or Arsenal fans when they were signing Henry?

IWasThere2016
13-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Truly unbelievable!

Hardly - the Ghost has a WC winners medal :wink:

brog
13-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Agree sometimes mate that it's not always a good move for certain players to return - however having worked in pensions and having had access to Scottish Premier League players' contributions into pension funds in a previous job (sportsman/women have very unique pensions and retiral ages, although I believe retirement age has been increased - used to be set at 35 for a player to receive pension sums) I'm quite sure Kenny has absolutely no need to 'top up' :agree:

I genuinely think Kenny would be coming back to 'give something back' to Hibs in the way of playing, experience and coaching. I think it would be a great move, but if it is say at the expense of Leigh or Chris Erskine/another target then I'd be inclined to agree with you and go for the younger, hungrier players - but it's just a personal thing with me, I loved Kenny's first time with Hibs - it was a great time to be a Hibs supporter when we had Russell, Mixu, Lovell, Kenny and Laursen. And he's still a good good player in my eyes.

:top marks We're not that good that Kenny wouldn't help us improve. It's a short term fix but everything's short term in football these days. since Bosman everyone's effectively on loan, only the duration varies.

heretoday
14-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Sky Sports website are reporting St Mirren have been in touch with KM about a loan deal.

NOLA
14-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Sky Sports website are reporting St Mirren have been in touch with KM about a loan deal.
cue hibs.net seethe fest about how we arent in for him and they are etc. :agree:

JimBHibees
14-12-2012, 11:58 AM
If the choice is Miller or Griffiths then only one winner that is for sure however would be great to have both though the very short term nature of it would be an issue for me.

Russell The Dug
14-12-2012, 12:14 PM
cue hibs.net seethe fest about how we arent in for him and they are etc. :agree:

Why shouldn't there be seethe that we are not in for a player who would enhance our side and wants to join us? Is this happy news?

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Why shouldn't there be seethe that we are not in for a player who would enhance our side and wants to join us? Is this happy news?

To some people it is good news because they think Miller is past it. :rolleyes:

I think some people are forgetting there is a REAL possibility that Griffiths will be away mid January and not come back to next season(If at all!) and that KM would be a great replacement.

It is all ifs and buts though to be honest.

Dinkydoo
14-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Kenny Miller would enhance our current squad without doubt. I think his main problem has been that throughout his career he has been played mainly as the lone target man and, as good as he is, he simply isn't clinical enough for that role at International level IMO. He has the strength, pace and experience to deal with SPL defences though, and I would love to see Hibs with a strike partnership of him and Griffiths :greengrin.

StarMan10
14-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Paddy's view on Miller

Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub (https://twitter.com/HibernianFCClub)
PF: We’d love to sign him; he’s a fantastic player, but there’s nothing in it - that’s being totally honest with you. #hiberniantv (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hiberniantv&src=hash)

PF: It’s pure speculation, there’s absolutely no substance in that and I can guarantee the supporters that #hiberniantv (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hiberniantv&src=hash)

Part/Time Supporter
14-12-2012, 01:07 PM

St Mirren won't be signing Kenny Miller on a short term loan deal. Despite interest from Danny Lennon the player won't be joining in January.

https://twitter.com/DouglasMcNeil/status/279566515265732609

(this guy is a St. Mirren fan and BBC Scotland producer)

Part/Time Supporter
14-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Paddy's view on Miller

PF: We’d love to sign him; he’s a fantastic player, but there’s nothing in it - that’s being totally honest with you. #hiberniantv (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hiberniantv&src=hash)

PF: It’s pure speculation, there’s absolutely no substance in that and I can guarantee the supporters that #hiberniantv (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hiberniantv&src=hash)

Sounds like Vancouver don't want to loan him IMO.

JimBHibees
14-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Sounds like Vancouver don't want to loan him IMO.

Or a bit of posturing as part of bargaining game.

Russell The Dug
14-12-2012, 01:39 PM
When's his contract up over there?

heretoday
14-12-2012, 04:35 PM
What do you bet we end up with neither Sparky nor Miller?

hfc rd
14-12-2012, 04:55 PM
What do you bet we end up with neither Sparky nor Miller?

It will be a disaster. Hopefully it ain't the case.

Golden Bear
14-12-2012, 05:15 PM
According to the 5pm news on Radio Scotland, Vancouver Whitecaps will not permit a loan move to anyone so I guess that is that.

Hibs07p
14-12-2012, 07:22 PM

And from the same link

November 12, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Posted in MLS Season 2012 | 3 Comments
Judging a this year’s Vancouver Whitecaps front men is a very difficult job because the rest of our team was so poor at getting the ball to them in positions where they could score. All too often during the 2012 season Eric Hassli or Kenny Miller would receive the ball 30 yards from goal, too far away to cause any damage. We want to get our strikers the ball between eight and twenty yards from the other team’s goal. If we don’t provide crosses into the box from deep positions, our strikers have very little chance to score.

The consequence of this was that our top striker, Darren Mattocks, scored only 7 goals. Contrast this with the top striker in MLS, Chris Wondolowski, who had 27 goals. Camilo, who scored 12 goals last year, only scored 5 this year. Though he only played a partial season, Kenny Miller only scored 2 goals.

The good news is that if we to manage to move the ball upfield into deep positions, we have plenty of talent to put the ball away. I can’t say that any of our strikers should be disposed of. All of them should stay.

I think you have been very selective in your cut and paste!

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
14-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Or a bit of posturing as part of bargaining game.

Or maybe, the manager isn't lying.

SurferRosa
07-01-2013, 10:53 AM
It seems the only team he`s ever wanted to play for is The Rangers.....:rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-mcculloch-understands-why-kenny-miller-1522167

Thecat23
07-01-2013, 10:54 AM
It seems the only team he`s ever wanted to play for is The Rangers.....:rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-mcculloch-understands-why-kenny-miller-1522167

Same old weegie news. Rubbish! He wants to finish at Hibs and no matter what the red rags print that is the truth. Hibs don't seem to want him though and that's fair enough.

hibsbollah
07-01-2013, 10:55 AM

IIRC Miller was a boyhood Oldco fan so it wouldn't surprise me.