PDA

View Full Version : Gary Deegan

essexhibee
19-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Any more updates on the state of his jaw? When's he likely to be back?

Certainly think we have missed his fight in midfield since his absence...really hoping he's back for the Derby because on his derby debut he was brilliant in the middle of the park and will go a long way to helping us get a result :aok:

green glory
19-11-2012, 03:12 PM
He was back training last week I think.

Stevie Reid
19-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Any more updates on the state of his jaw? When's he likely to be back?

Certainly think we have missed his fight in midfield since his absence...really hoping he's back for the Derby because on his derby debut he was brilliant in the middle of the park and will go a long way to helping us get a result :aok:

I'll be very happy to have him back fit again but I didn't think his form was particularly good before his injury, and Taiwo has been good when I've seen him. We've taken 9 points from 15 (2 homes, 3 away) without him, so I'm sceptical as to how much we have actually missed him, if at all - though you could rightly argue that half of our defeats have come without him. I would say that Clancy and McPake have been much bigger misses though.

Regardless, he is a valuable member of the squad, and I look forward to his return.

plhibs
19-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Did they ever catch the thug that attacked him, cant recall seeing anything in the news.

Squealing pig
19-11-2012, 05:47 PM
He was back training last week I think.

Light non contact training so he is 2-3 weeks away IMO

Billy Whizz
19-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Light non contact training so he is 2-3 weeks away IMO

Thanks Gary

essexhibee
19-11-2012, 06:06 PM
See from McPakes twitter that Claros took a hit to the head today in training.

cocopops1875
19-11-2012, 06:12 PM
See from McPakes twitter that Claros took a hit to the head today in training.

was that not from the weekend ? bad news if its another dunt

green glory
19-11-2012, 06:14 PM

It's from Saturday.

Squealing pig
19-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks Gary

No prob top o' the evening ti yi

leither17
20-11-2012, 12:23 AM

http://twitter.com/CalumAntell/status/270493552461631489/photo/1

YehButNoBut
06-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Looks like Gary is on his way back, could do with him for the games at the end of the year v Celtic & Hearts :agree:

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub Hibernian under-20s are next in action against Celtic at Easter Road on Tuesday 11 December, kick off 2pm

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub
Plus Gary Deegan is expected to make his comeback appearance after recovering from his broken jaw in that U20 League fixture #hibees (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23hibees&src=hash)

Billy Whizz
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Great news

Hibernia Na Eir
06-12-2012, 06:05 PM
sooperbia!!

Golden Bear
06-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Looks like Gary is on his way back, could do with him for the games at the end of the year v Celtic & Hearts :agree:

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub Hibernian under-20s are next in action against Celtic at Easter Road on Tuesday 11 December, kick off 2pm

Plus Gary Deegan is expected to make his comeback appearance after recovering from his broken jaw in that U20 League fixture #hibees (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23hibees&src=hash)

:aok:

Seveno
06-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Good news although I think hat Taiwo has been improving with each game.

hibsbollah
06-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I'll be very happy to have him back fit again but I didn't think his form was particularly good before his injury, and Taiwo has been good when I've seen him. We've taken 9 points from 15 (2 homes, 3 away) without him, so I'm sceptical as to how much we have actually missed him, if at all - though you could rightly argue that half of our defeats have come without him. I would say that Clancy and McPake have been much bigger misses though.

Regardless, he is a valuable member of the squad, and I look forward to his return.

Completely disagree with that. Our midfield hasn't been the same since we lost Deegan, and we've won games despite his absence. We won vs Hearts, St Johnstone and Motherwell away despite taking a beating in the midfield areas. Taiwo is tidy but he gets lost in games, I haven't been particularly impressed with him yet. Even when Deegan doesn't have a standout game his work rate and aggression opens things up for others. As vital as Cairney IMO.

spike220
06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Completely disagree with that. Our midfield hasn't been the same since we lost Deegan, and we've won games despite his absence. We won vs Hearts, St Johnstone and Motherwell away despite taking a beating in the midfield areas. Taiwo is tidy but he gets lost in games, I haven't been particularly impressed with him yet. Even when Deegan doesn't have a standout game his work rate and aggression opens things up for others. As vital as Cairney IMO.

Gotta agree, very little goes throught the middle of the park when Deegan is there. He is also marshalls and gives those around him confidence. Other teams dont like playing aginst him and we have had to really scrap it out in midfield when he hasn't been there. Hope he is back ASAP. Nice to see some other players developing in his absence though as we have developed a bit of depth in the squad due to some of these injuries. We just need to be lucky with injuries and we should be able to get on top of the table and have a decent chance. (cant believe I am actually saying that!!! - amazing the change in the last six months - Well done pat and all the players).

Sir David Gray
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM

Hopefully he'll be back for either the Kilmarnock game on the 23rd December or the Ross County game on Boxing Day then.

SMAXXA
06-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Little do we forgett that before degan got injured his form had actually slipped and he was poor against aberdeen! Kili and inverness if I remember correctly. Tom and the ever present claros have been brilliant in going about there business.

That's what you would expect from a good squad, now deegan will struggle to get back in, as will james and tim imo and long may that continue

Dinkydoo
06-12-2012, 10:41 PM

Seems quite similar to Claros though. Maybe succession planning from PF?

Hibeesforever
06-12-2012, 10:49 PM
We just need to be lucky with injuries and we should be able to get on top of the table and have a decent chance. (cant believe I am actually saying that!!! - amazing the change in the last six months - Well done pat and all the players).[/QUOTE]

Why not, live the dream. Inverness here we come. No pressure on the Hibees now, who knows how things will develop. What a great time to head to Inverness for the first time. Another top of the table clash!
Go Pat and the lads.

:pfgwa:flag:

Saturdays Hero
06-12-2012, 11:07 PM

He's definitely improving,goes about his business quietly & would think there's more to come.

Stevie Reid
07-12-2012, 05:30 PM

Well I completely disagree with you, funnily enough :greengrin

I think Deegan is an important player but we also won at home to St. Johnstone despite being completely outplayed for much of the game (though Deegan was directly involved in the 2nd goal), and were under serious pressure when we won at home to Killie, in both games Deegan and the midfield struggled to cope for spells. We also lost at Pittodrie when Deegan didn't show up at all.

We have won as many league games without Deegan (4 out of 7) as we did with him (4 out of 8), - the Hearts game means that we have won more games without him than we have with him. You are extremely harsh on the midfield in the games without him, without giving a fair appraisal of the part he played in the games that we won despite not being on top for long spells, IMO.

The whole team deserves credit for grinding out the wins that we have had this year, Deegan very much included when he has played - he is a vital part of our squad and I am delighted we have him. However, I feel that you are overstating his importance to the side, and he is not up there with the real stand out performers from this season IMO. I've no doubt that he has played, and will continue to play, a big part this season though.

It's funny how different opinions can be, before he got injured I thought that he wasn't imposing himself enough on games and was definitely surrendering possession too easily with careless passing, but I wasn't too worried as results were good - I said if anyone's place in the team was in danger due to competition for places I thought it would be him, though it was obviously injury that did lose him his place.

It's interesting that you now see Taiwo as being in that position, but you would like him replaced despite the good results. I haven't seen much difference in the midfield at its best and worst whether it's been Taiwo or Deegan in there to be honest, I think the performances and results back that up, and I'm delighted with that really.

Scooter
07-12-2012, 06:08 PM
He's exactly the type of players to play in derby matches

essexhibee
07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
We may have won as many games with Gary than without but have we had as much control in the midfield in those games. IMO no.

Evident at St Johnstone where we were outplayed in then middle. Also v hearts Claros was left un protected at the mercy of Barr . We were outplayed in midfield IMO.

Mr White
07-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Deegan gives a better chance of bossing the midfield than taiwo, not to say that tt isn't a good player cause he is, just that Gary deegan offers more bite.

Stevie Reid
07-12-2012, 07:24 PM
We may have won as many games with Gary than without but have we had as much control in the midfield in those games. IMO no.

Evident at St Johnstone where we were outplayed in then middle. Also v hearts Claros was left un protected at the mercy of Barr . We were outplayed in midfield IMO.

Deegan gives a better chance of bossing the midfield than taiwo, not to say that tt isn't a good player cause he is, just that Gary deegan offers more bite.

As I said, I see very little difference, I think both have done very well and deserve as much credit - Claros has been the stand out midfielder this season, and he has been ably assisted by both players. Deegan's reputation and build perhaps suggest that he will be more imposing than Taiwo, but I don't think he has been, and I think that Taiwo should keep his place as long as we are winning.

However, when Deegan comes back and however soon it is, I will have no worries, and I'm delighted with the squad that Pat has built.

hibsbollah
07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Well I completely disagree with you, funnily enough :greengrin

I think Deegan is an important player but we also won at home to St. Johnstone despite being completely outplayed for much of the game (though Deegan was directly involved in the 2nd goal), and were under serious pressure when we won at home to Killie, in both games Deegan and the midfield struggled to cope for spells. We also lost at Pittodrie when Deegan didn't show up at all.

We have won as many league games without Deegan (4 out of 7) as we did with him (4 out of 8), - the Hearts game means that we have won more games without him than we have with him. You are extremely harsh on the midfield in the games without him, without giving a fair appraisal of the part he played in the games that we won despite not being on top for long spells, IMO.

The whole team deserves credit for grinding out the wins that we have had this year, Deegan very much included when he has played - he is a vital part of our squad and I am delighted we have him. However, I feel that you are overstating his importance to the side, and he is not up there with the real stand out performers from this season IMO. I've no doubt that he has played, and will continue to play, a big part this season though.

It's funny how different opinions can be, before he got injured I thought that he wasn't imposing himself enough on games and was definitely surrendering possession too easily with careless passing, but I wasn't too worried as results were good - I said if anyone's place in the team was in danger due to competition for places I thought it would be him, though it was obviously injury that did lose him his place.

It's interesting that you now see Taiwo as being in that position, but you would like him replaced despite the good results. I haven't seen much difference in the midfield at its best and worst whether it's been Taiwo or Deegan in there to be honest, I think the performances and results back that up, and I'm delighted with that really.

He's obviously not 'one of the real standout performers of this season', he's been injured for half the games!

I do respect your opinion, but Deegan has the ability to dominate and bully his opponent in a way Taiwo and others havent shown they can yet. Its been one of our biggest failings for years and years, the soft centre. Diminutive, busy, tidy midfielders that dont do a lot wrong but never leave their mark on a game are fine as squad players but they won't go out and win you much.

The three recent absentees (Deegan, McPake and Clancy) are certain first eleven players when fit IMO. They are also three of our most physically imposing players that dont get bullied. That we've managed to win games without them, including the derby, and keep pace with Celtc right into December is a massive testament to how far we've come under Fenlon:aok:

Big_Franck
07-12-2012, 07:41 PM
From what i've seen from Taiwo and Deegan there doesn't seem to be much between them, although if pushed from what i've seen so far i'd go for Deegan. If it's to be Claros and one other in the middle (and rightly so after Claros's form this season) then I would prefer Claros & Deegan.

Having said that I can see Taiwo & Deegan being a decent central midfield partnership, and if we can't extend Jorge's loan deal in Jan than I would be more than happy to give the both of them a run of games in the middle and see how we do. Good problems to have mind :agree:

Mr White
07-12-2012, 07:43 PM
As I said, I see very little difference, I think both have done very well and deserve as much credit - Claros has been the stand out midfielder this season, and he has been ably assisted by both players. Deegan's reputation and build perhaps suggest that he will be more imposing than Taiwo, but I don't think he has been, and I think that Taiwo should keep his place as long as we are winning.

However, when Deegan comes back and however soon it is, I will have no worries, and I'm delighted with the squad that Pat has built.

Fair enough Stevie, no doubt taiwo is a good player and on recent performances does not deserve to be dropped.

Hiber-nation
07-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Deegan was pretty good in his first few games but his form tailed off a wee bit before he got injured so on balance I don't think there's much between him and Taiwo.

Stevie Reid
10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
He's obviously not 'one of the real standout performers of this season', he's been injured for half the games!

I do respect your opinion, but Deegan has the ability to dominate and bully his opponent in a way Taiwo and others havent shown they can yet. Its been one of our biggest failings for years and years, the soft centre. Diminutive, busy, tidy midfielders that dont do a lot wrong but never leave their mark on a game are fine as squad players but they won't go out and win you much.

The three recent absentees (Deegan, McPake and Clancy) are certain first eleven players when fit IMO. They are also three of our most physically imposing players that dont get bullied. That we've managed to win games without them, including the derby, and keep pace with Celtc right into December is a massive testament to how far we've come under Fenlon:aok:

Fair enough Stevie, no doubt taiwo is a good player and on recent performances does not deserve to be dropped.

Fair dos boys, may well see him back on Saturday now :aok:

JimBHibees
10-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Personally wouldnt be altogether surprised if Claros was the one making way for Deegan as think his form has dropped markedly and thought in the derby he was the weakest of our players being slow in possession and losing the ball loads. Agree about Deegan's form prior to his injury however I think he has an aggression the others dont have which would be an improvement. In saying that he has been out for a while so would be amazed if he was rushed back in. Best for this Saturday would be a place on the bench I think.

Onceinawhile
10-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Let's not fall into the trap of players becoming better than they are solely because they are out injured. In reality deegs is a good player, but we probably wouldn't have won the games we lost wig him in the team. It's more important that we get mcpake back imo as this sorts out central defence and the left back position.

Ritchie
10-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Personally wouldnt be altogether surprised if Claros was the one making way for Deegan as think his form has dropped markedly and thought in the derby he was the weakest of our players being slow in possession and losing the ball loads. Agree about Deegan's form prior to his injury however I think he has an aggression the others dont have which would be an improvement. In saying that he has been out for a while so would be amazed if he was rushed back in. Best for this Saturday would be a place on the bench I think.

have to disagree... i think Claros has been better than Taiwo.

Opinions eh!? :wink:

bigwheel
10-12-2012, 01:10 PM

I think Claros is one of the first names on the team sheet each week now...can't see him bring dropped

J-C
10-12-2012, 01:10 PM
The biggest problem is Claros and Taiwo are far too similar, clever midfielders who read the game well but don't have that bite that Deegan has, it's no surprise that we controlled the midfield in our earlier games when Deegan and Claros were the 2 central midfielders as the balance was better.

trev the hat
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Looks like Deegs could get a run out tomorrow with the kids @ ER against young smellies.

Golden Bear
10-12-2012, 05:21 PM
The biggest problem is Claros and Taiwo are far too similar, clever midfielders who read the game well but don't have that bite that Deegan has, it's no surprise that we controlled the midfield in our earlier games when Deegan and Claros were the 2 central midfielders as the balance was better.

:agree:

They both flatter to deceive and another similarity is that they rarely provide a killer pass or indeed get into the opposition penalty box themselves. That might just be the way PF sets the team up to play however.

fatbloke
10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
have to disagree... i think Claros has been better than Taiwo.

Opinions eh!? :wink:

IMHO Our midfield is one of the worst in the SPL. Opinions eh?:wink:

Lee
10-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Not been to every away game this season but - at Easter Road - Claros has been one of our best midfielders, especially in the last month or so. With the exception of the Motherwell game, not been totally convinced with Taiwo yet. Deegan gives us that little bit of bite in the middle of the park I think we've been missing recently, Claros and Deegan would be my preferred choice in the middle

YehButNoBut
12-12-2012, 02:02 PM
A man in court today accused of attacking Deegan has been released on bail as case continued for further enquiries.

http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/205553-man-in-court-charged-with-attack-on-hibs-midfielder-gary-deegan/

A man has appeared in court accused of attacking Hibernian midfielder Gary Deegan to his severe injury.

John Hall, 27, faced the charge when he appeared in private at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Wednesday.

The attack on the 25-year old Irishman is said to have occurred in George Street in the city in the early hours of Sunday, October 7.

Mr Deegan, who suffered a broken jaw in the incident, signed for the Easter Road club in the summer.

Hall made no plea or declaration during his brief private appearance in front of Sheriff Nigel Morrison QC and the case was continued for further inquiry.

Hall, of Edinburgh, was released on bail.

Mr White
12-12-2012, 02:09 PM
John hall eh? Anyone who knows him able to say if his old man is a painter from the inch of the same name?

Tonez
12-12-2012, 02:29 PM
John hall eh? Anyone who knows him able to say if his old man is a painter from the inch of the same name?

Yep from the Inch. He's also a hibby

Mr White
12-12-2012, 02:32 PM
In that case I know his dad.

silverhibee
12-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Yep from the Inch. He's also a hibby

Why would a Hibby hit (allegedly) a Hibs player. :confused:

Mr White
12-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Removed

Not the first time one of his sons has made the news for (allegedly) smacking someone in the face.

JimBHibees
12-12-2012, 04:35 PM

Drunk, out his face, a thug, a ned all of the above - who knows. :dunno:

Frazerbob
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM

I've wanted to banjo plenty over the years! :wink:

andrew70
12-12-2012, 04:43 PM

Mistaken identity, apparently!

GraniteCityHibs
12-12-2012, 04:51 PM
I've wanted to banjo plenty over the years! :wink:

Tom Soares, Matt Doherty, Garry O'Connor.....quite a few from that era and the era preceeding it who I would frankly never tire of punching!

IWasThere2016
12-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Mistaken identity, apparently!

How seasonal - cos that's a cracker :cool2:

Tonez
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM

Apparently he didn't know who Deegan was.

Tonez
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Is this the same guy who plays in the East of Scotland with Whitehill? If so be interesting to see if they keep him on.

Yep

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM

This will go down well on brokeback :rolleyes:

hibbill2002
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Drunk, out his face, a thug, a ned all of the above - who knows. :dunno:

None of the above.

Russell The Dug
12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Can people stop talking about the family in general cheers without getting stories 100% correct.

hibbill2002
12-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Can people stop talking about the family in general cheers without getting stories 100% correct.

Aye, and the admins should remove them posts.

SMAXXA
12-12-2012, 05:17 PM

What stories are incorrect ie needing to be put straight?

Mikey
12-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Can we stop chucking names about please, unless it's been reported.

I'm_cabbaged
12-12-2012, 05:22 PM

Tried to reply to TQM there mikey, you're spot on. He had quoted the wrong person.

Russell The Dug
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM

Cheers

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2012, 09:54 PM

Is his old man called Jim?:wink:

hungryhibs
12-12-2012, 10:06 PM
http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SunnyLeith http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=3444193#post3444193)
Is this the same guy who plays in the East of Scotland with Whitehill? If so be interesting to see if they keep him on.

Yep

Why would they not??

hungryhibs
12-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Is his old man called Jim?:wink:

Should it matter who his old man is?

hibs0666
12-12-2012, 10:09 PM

It matters to me who my old man is. :wink:

IWasThere2016
12-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Tried to reply to TQM there mikey, you're spot on. He had quoted the wrong person.

Who did I quote?

Tonez
12-12-2012, 11:20 PM
N

Tonez
12-12-2012, 11:21 PM

WHOOOOSH :duck:

heretoday
12-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Judge: "I sentence you to play in training against Mr Deegan for the remainder of the season.......without shin pads."

hungryhibs
12-12-2012, 11:28 PM
WHOOOOSH :duck:

And ur point is?

hibees 7062
12-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Not the first time one of his sons has made the news for (allegedly) smacking someone in the face.

He punched a ref during a game aswell iicr

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2012, 11:37 PM
He punched a ref during a game aswell iicr

Sounds like a real pillar of society, I wonder what he wants to be when he grows up!

silverhibee
12-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Sounds like a real pillar of society, I wonder what he wants to be when he grows up!

A hairdresser. :confused::greengrin:wink:

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2012, 11:49 PM
A hairdresser. :confused::greengrin:wink:

:tee hee:

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2012, 11:50 PM

Jim Hall or Gym Hall, it was my attempt albeit poor, at humour.....WHOOSH!!!!!!!

I'm_cabbaged
13-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Who did I quote?

You quoted a name, it isn't him.

KWJ
13-12-2012, 06:11 AM
So err, is big Deegs on his way back at the weekend?

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Jim Hall or Gym Hall, it was my attempt albeit poor, at humour.....WHOOSH!!!!!!!

Yep, very poor sense of humour. :greengrin

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 08:57 AM
You quoted a name, it isn't him.

Was it just not a typo mistake as the second name was right. Maybe. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
13-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Yep, very poor sense of humour. :greengrin

Sorry SH, I believe Jim's brother is called pool....:rolleyes:

Im out:greengrin

IWasThere2016
13-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Was it just not a typo mistake as the second name was right. Maybe. :greengrin

I think so :agree:

Big_Franck
13-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know if Deegan is likely to be in the match day squad for the weekend? Have we managed to organise some kind of bounce match to get him a game? Would be good to even see him named among the subs.

trev the hat
13-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if Deegan is likely to be in the match day squad for the weekend? Have we managed to organise some kind of bounce match to get him a game? Would be good to even see him named among the subs.

I think he was supposed to feature for the kids against smellies last week at ER but that was cancelled, so i,d be surprised if he makes the bench with no competitive game time on board.

scoopyboy
13-12-2012, 10:21 AM

If its bothering you that much just tell the board the 100% correct stories.

Simples.

superfurryhibby
13-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I would be careful about jumping to conclusions and pointing the finger the guy that some folk have highlighted as having that name and being from the Inch. There must be a few folk in Edinburgh with the same name and of same age. Iīm surprised the admins here havenīt deleted posts.

I hope to see Deegan back soon. He offered some bite and I felt the midfield worked better when he played, albeit that he and Claros donīt really offer any goal threat.

FWIW I do think we need something different in centre mid. More creativity would be useful, as Claros and Taiwo both seem to lack a cutting edge. I reckon Cairney or Wotherspoon could play there, would be interesting to see how they worked with Claros

YehButNoBut
13-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Deegan is back in the first team squad for the Motherwell game on Saturday, according to todays Scotsman, hopefully he'll feature at some stage although I would think he will need a few games to get his match fitness back.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/return-of-gary-deegan-and-james-mcpake-like-new-signings-says-pat-fenlon-1-2689997

HIBS manager Pat Fenlon admitted today that the return of Gary Deegan and James McPake will be like two new signings for the club.

Midfielder Deegan is back in the squad for this weekend’s game against Motherwell after ten weeks on the sidelines because of a broken jaw, while club captain McPake is also fit again after missing the last month because of a back spasm.

The pair’s long-awaited return to fitness is a huge boost for Fenlon, who is also hoping to see Tim Clancy back in action within the next fortnight.
Fenlon said: “Gary has been back in training with the rest of the lads for the last couple of weeks and he is feeling good.

“He’s been out of the side for a little while now but he has made really good progress and we are delighted to have him back in the squad.

“He’s been out for nine or ten weeks and him coming back into the side will be just like bringing in a new player. He made a real impact on the side at the start of the season and if he can do the same again then we will obviously be delighted

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 01:22 PM

So was it a random attack then. :dunno:

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 01:24 PM

It was reported as a random attack, is that 100% correct. :aok:

Judas Iscariot
13-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Happy Days if they're both back fit

Russell The Dug
13-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Why not just wait until it goes to trial before speculating and concentrate on Deegan making it back into the first team squad ASAP.

Scouse Hibee
13-12-2012, 01:38 PM

He'll let you know once he knows when it comes out during the trial!

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Why not just wait until it goes to trial before speculating and concentrate on Deegan making it back into the first team squad ASAP.

Whose speculating, :confused: that's how it was reported.

Deegan back in the squad for this weekend. :aok:

Russell The Dug
13-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Whose speculating, :confused: that's how it was reported.

Deegan back in the squad for this weekend. :aok:

Fair enough if it was speculated as such mate sorry for the agro tone.

Good stuff we have missed him.

Russell The Dug
13-12-2012, 01:52 PM

Aye ok. You can make up guesses and act like a smart arse until then though.

JIm
13-12-2012, 02:04 PM

What is the other side of the story then?

Breaking peoples jaws whether you know who somebody is or not really isn't very clever.

Russell The Dug
13-12-2012, 02:12 PM
What is the other side of the story then?

Breaking peoples jaws whether you know who somebody is or not really isn't very clever.

The other side of the story will be told in court. Speculating about reasons, making up stories about other family members and even mentioning names of other family members on a primarily family messageboard isn't helping anyone.

Of course breaking someone's jaw isn't clever and a sufficient punishment for the crime will be handed out.

It does this board nor the family of the accused any good speculating on matters though. The accused will be dealt with, it's not his family, friends etc fault this happened though so let's move on no? :aok:

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 02:15 PM

What, its going to trial. :confused: :greengrin :wink:

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Fair enough if it was speculated as such mate sorry for the agro tone.

Good stuff we have missed him.

Surprised you never seen it in the papers or tv media at the time it happened. :aok:

Hibbyradge
13-12-2012, 02:30 PM

You're indulging in a lot of wishful thinking, I'm afraid, Mr Dug.

What happened to Gary Deegan is of prime interest to the folk who post here and speculating is what we do best.

However, I've actually not seen too much speculation on this thread.

After his picture was published, a bloke handed himself in for what was reported as an unprovoked attack (http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/193932-hibernian-midfielder-gary-deegans-jaw-broken-in-nightclub-attack/).

Clearly, an assailant will have some sort of reasons for their actions, but the way it was reported suggested that, in this case, there wasn't a fight as such.

From another report:

A Hibs spokesperson said: "Gary was the victim of an unprovoked attack at the weekend and has since had surgery.

"It is not clear at this stage how long he will be out for but it will be a number of weeks."

Lothian and Borders Police appealed for witnesses over the serious assault.

They said: "A 25-year-old man had been within the Le Monde nightclub and was standing near the Hardrock cafe when a male approached and punched him to the face.

"The suspect then made off and the victim also then left the area with friends.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/10/09/gossip-gary-deegan-attacked-on-night-out-92746-31997879/#ixzz2EwV6fTbP

Russell The Dug
13-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Surprised you never seen it in the papers or tv media at the time it happened. :aok:

I read the "unprovoked attack" story when it first happened aye. I thought you meant the accused had been charged with it being an unprovoked attack and it was in the media.

Anyway, I'm not getting involved in this. I'm a little surprised you are yourself to be honest :aok:

Russell The Dug
13-12-2012, 02:35 PM
You're indulging in a lot of wishful thinking, I'm afraid, Mr Dug.

What happened to Gary Deegan is of prime interest to the folk who post here and speculating is what we do best.

However, I've actually not seen too much speculation on this thread.

After his picture was published, a bloke handed himself in for what was reported as an unprovoked attack (http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/193932-hibernian-midfielder-gary-deegans-jaw-broken-in-nightclub-attack/).

Clearly, an assailant will have some sort of reasons for their actions, but the way it was reported suggested that, in this case, there wasn't a fight as such.

I've seen speculation as to who the accused dad is, works as, who he plays football for and other family members attacking folk.

Of course it's of prime interest and of course there will be speculation but just bear in mind that there are innocent folk involved/being named in this, and not just Gary Deegan. :aok:

Hibbyradge
13-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I've seen speculation as to who the accused dad is, works as, who he plays football for and other family members attacking folk.

Of course it's of prime interest and of course there will be speculation but just bear in mind that there are innocent folk involved/being named in this, and not just Gary Deegan. :aok:

True, although I don't think in general it's malicious chat.

The reference to another assault didn't name anyone, but I agree, it doesn't cast a very favourable light on the family, and that's unfair when the facts of this case aren't known yet.

Russell The Dug
13-12-2012, 02:56 PM
True, although I don't think in general it's malicious chat.

The reference to another assault didn't name anyone, but I agree, it doesn't cast a very favourable light on the family, and that's unfair when the facts of this case aren't known yet.

Cool mate. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
13-12-2012, 03:16 PM

I'm not making up anything!

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 03:29 PM
I read the "unprovoked attack" story when it first happened aye. I thought you meant the accused had been charged with it being an unprovoked attack and it was in the media.

Anyway, I'm not getting involved in this. I'm a little surprised you are yourself to be honest :aok:

:aok:

Kojock
13-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Here's my tuppence worth.

Deegan was assaulted resulting in his jaw being broken. Following a CCTV photograph being published a male hands himself into Police and is subsequently charged and appears in court. This is not in dispute.

The male has a choice of two defences 1/ it wasn't him who committed the assaulted or 2/ he was acting in self defence

If that is the case then evidence will be lead during trial that will corroborate this.

If you walk up and punch somebody in the face it is an assault. If there was a previous incident leading up to the attack it does not excuse the assault but it can be used as mitigating circumstances as to why the male committed the assault.

I'm_cabbaged
13-12-2012, 07:06 PM
I think so :agree:

I don't, you said "also known as" or something similar ;)