PDA

View Full Version : Stupid tactics and no Plan B

RIP
18-11-2012, 05:17 PM
The most disappointing aspect of yesterday's game wasn't the three points dropped but the pathological refusal to play the ball out from the back.

Under Calderwood we had to suffer long balls to a tiny forward line and it was the same yesterday. We immediately lost posession from which Dundee started every attack.

Also the 'shadowing' rather than tackling.

Finally being 2nd to every ball

Second half of second half was more like us, once Fenlon finally got them playing the ball along the deck

hibs0666
18-11-2012, 05:19 PM
And breathe.:)

SMAXXA
18-11-2012, 06:29 PM
The most disappointing aspect of yesterday's game wasn't the three points dropped but the pathological refusal to play the ball out from the back.

Under Calderwood we had to suffer long balls to a tiny forward line and it was the same yesterday. We immediately lost posession from which Dundee started every attack.

Also the 'shadowing' rather than tackling.

Finally being 2nd to every ball

Second half of second half was more like us, once Fenlon finally got them playing the ball along the deck

I suspect the tactics were exactly the same as we have done all season? Don't see where they were stupid, all I would say is maybe the players didn't carry out the usual instructions and possibly a result of dundee's performance so maybe gota give them credit instead of picking at us?

CB_NO3
18-11-2012, 06:43 PM
We were poor at the back. Both full backs had shockers. Hanlon struggles to play on the right side of the two centre halves. We need Mcpake back asap. Still, it just proves that anyone can beat anyone in this league on their day.

PatHead
18-11-2012, 07:00 PM
I had forgotten how big the pitch was at Dens. We didn't use the width at all and stretch their defence. The lack of Clancy and McGivern at full back pushing up cost us as neither got forward. They are at the bottom of the league and I think that if we had pushed them back and scored it would have been a totally different game. Remember Hanlon's fresh air swipe at 1-0?