PDA

View Full Version : Kuqi

.Sean.
18-11-2012, 12:34 AM
He's absolutely dire, one of the worst 'performances' i've seen from a Hibs player. Turns like the Titanic and has the worst first touch I think i've ever seen. I don't often single out players for crtiticism but he is pish, Caldwell done more in his run-out than that imposter done all game. Not good enough.

Saorsa
18-11-2012, 12:38 AM
He's absolutely dire, one of the worst 'performances' i've seen from a Hibs player. Turns like the Titanic and has the worst first touch I think i've ever seen. I don't often single out players for crtiticism but he is pish, Caldwell done more in his run-out than that imposter done all game. Not good enough.there's not really much tae add tae that, poor this week, even worse last

jabis
18-11-2012, 01:53 AM
yup,his last 7 starts make me want to be a whinger like you :aok:

irony !

Piqué
18-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Kuqi done nothing. Everytime we see Caldwell he seems to make a difference. Easy decision for Pat sureley.

Hibercelona
18-11-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm sorry to have to agree. :agree:

He just seems to be a bit past it now.

I'm sure he's a decent guy, but he just doesn't have the energy levels for this league. It's a shame.

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2012, 06:38 AM
And yet some folk still insist he has something to offer....utterly bizarre.

euansdad
18-11-2012, 06:51 AM
And there was me about to start a thread sayi g he should start ahead of griffiths.....

lucky
18-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Think he is past it. We were debating on the way home if he is a worse player than Knote

PeterboroHibee
18-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Said at the time it was a strange signing given our lack of options up front, and was criticized for it. Hes barely played, and when he has, hes looked slow and ineffective. I really dont believe he was the only player in the target man role available, which is disappointing.

I think most of Fenlons signings have been excellent, but bringing in Kuqi was a poor decision.

Col2
18-11-2012, 07:34 AM
If Pat could get someone in as back up and let him go then ideal. All about money though which will be very tight.

Kris1875
18-11-2012, 07:41 AM
I had high hopes for him when he signed after trawling through his goals on YouTube , unfortunately I couldn't make the game yesterday but on his showing last week and the times before I couldn't be more disappointed he seems to have only just been introduced to a football . Trying to be positive I'd say he always looked like he wanted the ball . PF can't get it right every time though !!

down-the-slope
18-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Brother at first match this season last week so seen nothing of any of the new players..hes enjoying the game...Kuqui comes on...after 5 mins he turns to me and says 'the white Hurtado'...

Mark79
18-11-2012, 08:58 AM
He looks less mobile than agogo did.

3pm
18-11-2012, 09:37 AM
He looks less mobile than agogo did.

The only person I've seen run less than Kuqi is a guy I played 5's with on a Sunday night.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2012, 09:39 AM
He still looks a good bit short of match fitness. He seems to be a plan B option to bring on when things are going badly.

JohnScott
18-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Mmmmm sounds like the Blades and Owls fans at work were right when they burst out laughing when I said Hibs had signed him.

Golden Bear
18-11-2012, 10:08 AM
He still looks a good bit short of match fitness. He seems to be a plan B option to bring on when things are going badly.

Nah - if he's not fit now, then he'll never be fit.

Basically he's a very poor footballer and dare I say it - Mr Fenlon (Sir) why the hell did you sign him in the first place?

On the evidence so far, the wool has well and truly been pulled over your eyes.

euansdad
18-11-2012, 10:18 AM
From the little I've seen of him, he is way out of shape

NAE NOOKIE
18-11-2012, 10:31 AM
There was a wee cameo against Dundee Utd where he lost the ball 2 times in about 30 seconds because he didnt seem to realise that he was about to be tackled ... he doesnt just look slow of movement he looks slow of thought too.

Its a pity because he must have been decent at one time .... just not any more.

silverhibee
18-11-2012, 11:20 AM

Not buying that one, he normally plays in a bounce game every week to get his fitness up, he should be fit now but isn't.

Hope Sparky is fit for next week, seemingly having problems with his knee which is causing him pain during games.

Onion
18-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Kuqi done nothing. Everytime we see Caldwell he seems to make a difference. Easy decision for Pat sureley.

He'll be on 4 or 5 x Caldwell's wage. Not such an esay decision :wink:

Dalkeith Hibee
18-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Kuqi can go in January for me, he is finished and a waste of a wage.

He can take Maybury with him too as he was dreadful yesterday and last week. Not good enough

Squealing pig
18-11-2012, 11:53 AM

He can take Maybury with him too as he was dreadful yesterday and last week. Not good enough

Thought maybury played well against utd last week tbh

Golden Bear
18-11-2012, 12:10 PM

:agree:

So did I - in fact I though he was outstanding last week.

Dalkeith Hibee
18-11-2012, 12:22 PM
:agree:

So did I - in fact I though he was outstanding last week.

I must have been watching a different game then as I thought Mackay-Steven gave him a torrid time.

Yesterday he either gave the Dundee winger too much space on the ball or always showed him inside and gave him a chance to put in a cross.

Terrible

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2012, 01:08 PM

He did as did the whole of the back four, anyone that says otherwise is slavering or watched a different game.

Billy Whizz
18-11-2012, 06:03 PM
He'll probably be away in January. He's left every club that he wasn't getting a game at.

Alfred E Newman
18-11-2012, 06:33 PM
He'll probably be away in January. He's left every club that he wasn't getting a game at.

At least thats one positive to come out of yesterday. He is just another example of the host of over the hill foriegn mercenaries that have came up here to earn a few more bucks and we have had more than our fair share of them. Fenlon has made some excellent signings but this guy is not one of them. When you see the way that Cairney has made the step up from the lower leagues surely there must another honest young pro somewhere down there better than this joker.

zlatan
18-11-2012, 06:37 PM
At least thats one positive to come out of yesterday. He is just another example of the host of over the hill foriegn mercenaries that have came up here to earn a few more bucks and we have had more than our fair share of them. Fenlon has made some excellent signings but this guy is not one of them. When you see the way that Cairney has made the step up from the lower leagues surely there must another honest young pro somewhere down there better than this joker.

Hopefully it's Chris Erskine.

brog
18-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I was vehemently opposed to our signing of SK & I took some stick on here about my stance. I was also asked, is it so I could say " told you so " if he failed. I replied then I was hoping someone somewhere would take notice & not waste what I'm sure is a pretty decent wage on SK. I also thought PF's reputation could be damaged. My opposition though really came about because ( I assume ) unlike the great majority of Netters I've seen SK live on many occasions, mostly with Crystal Palace. He was slow, overweight & a joke figure then & that was 3-4 years ago. I'm really not sure what PF etc did to check him out before signing & my biggest worry is that PF has lost some credibility with the Tache over this matter.
I have nothing against Kuqi, I'm sure he wants to do well & help the team out but unfortunately he can't do it now. We should cut our losses now.

PeterboroHibee
18-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I was vehemently opposed to our signing of SK & I took some stick on here about my stance. I was also asked, is it so I could say " told you so " if he failed. I replied then I was hoping someone somewhere would take notice & not waste what I'm sure is a pretty decent wage on SK. I also thought PF's reputation could be damaged. My opposition though really came about because ( I assume ) unlike the great majority of Netters I've seen SK live on many occasions, mostly with Crystal Palace. He was slow, overweight & a joke figure then & that was 3-4 years ago. I'm really not sure what PF etc did to check him out before signing & my biggest worry is that PF has lost some credibility with the Tache over this matter.
I have nothing against Kuqi, I'm sure he wants to do well & help the team out but unfortunately he can't do it now. We should cut our losses now.

I agree with most of what you put (and also questioned the signing of him), but I dont think it will have any impact on Fenlons reputation. Every manager signs players who turn out to be flops, this is just one of them. Most of Fenlons signings have been excellent, and the form of Griffiths and Doyle means that we havent really needed Kuqi (although that doesnt mean we couldnt have done with a more useful back up striker).

johnbc70
18-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Saw him for the first time against Dundee Utd, thought they taken an old boy from the crowd by mistake.

MWHIBBIES
18-11-2012, 08:12 PM

He can take Maybury with him too as he was dreadful yesterday and last week. Not good enoughComplete and utter pish.

If Maybury was younger and hadn't played for Hearts we would be raving about him, he has been very good this season and has played a big part in our early success.

Stuarty27
18-11-2012, 08:22 PM
He was terrible yesterday one of the worst performances I have EVER seen in a hibs jersey. To put on ahead of both Handling and Caldwell is no good in my opinon. All he is doing is preventing a young player from developing.

He is the prime example of why the Scottish national team is in the state its in, over paying forgieners who block the route of young scottish players into first team football.

There was one point in the 2nd half when we were all screaming for a penalty when the ball came off the arm of one of the Dundee defenders and the ball broke to him from 6 yards out and his first touch was horrendous, bounced off him and the chance was lost. He never moved from the width of the goals and offers nothing to the side.

Rubbish, still so angry even the next day after watching that yesterday.

down-the-slope
18-11-2012, 09:20 PM
He did as did the whole of the back four, anyone that says otherwise is slavering or watched a different game.

:agree: blunt but true - so good last week James was not missed. We will benefit from no players away on international friendly waste of time this week to get some more time working on shape etc

The Sea-gull
19-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Complete and utter pish.

If Maybury was younger and hadn't played for Hearts we would be raving about him, he has been very good this season and has played a big part in our early success.

Disagree. It is barely mentioned that he played for Hearts. It was a good while ago and he was never a particularly offensive Yam anyway. We are generally above all that as a support.

Maybury has been a bit up and down. He was poor on Saturday but so were the whole back 4. Looked a bit naive at the pen though I still don't think it was one. He looked like he was lacking in pace and concentration at the Utd goal last week.

We have got to remember that Maybury is essetially a cover player. If Clancy, McPake, Hanlon and McGivern are all fit then that is our first choice back 4. Not many SPL teams have real quality in depth to cover for injuries to their first choice players hence the reason you end up with players like Maybury who are ok but will be prone to off days.

Stevie Reid
19-11-2012, 11:02 AM
And yet some folk still insist he has something to offer....utterly bizarre.

I have said that up to now and I'm still not ready to write him off after 7 sub appearances and 1 start. Of course the evidence thus far hasn't been good, and I didn't see his performance on Saturday, but I don't doubt he was poor.

Of the games he has featured in we have won four and lost four, and we were already winning the games that we won when he came on, and haven't retrieved any situations in the ones that we lost, so he certainly hasn't been a game changer - that said, I thought his introduction last week contributed to our win, and he came within a goal line clearance of nicking us a late equaliser at Pittodrie too. All things considered, I still think that many posters are being way too critical of him, some from his very first game.

Of course I am prepared to accept that we may simply get nothing from him, and he will turn out to be a poor signing, these things happen - but it's a long season and we have him until the end of it, so let's see what happens. At the end of the day, whilst not infallible, Pat is not daft, and he will know better than anyone if/when Kuqi has nothing to offer us on the pitch. I would certainly think that his experience on the training ground will be helping bring on the young lads.

JimBHibees
19-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I have said that up to now and I'm still not ready to write him off after 7 sub appearances and 1 start. Of course the evidence thus far hasn't been good, and I didn't see his performance on Saturday, but I don't doubt he was poor.

Of the games he has featured in we have won four and lost four, and we were already winning the games that we won when he came on, and haven't retrieved any situations in the ones that we lost, so he certainly hasn't been a game changer - that said, I thought his introduction last week contributed to our win, and he came within a goal line clearance of nicking us a late equaliser at Pittodrie too. All things considered, I still think that many posters are being way too critical of him, some from his very first game.

Of course I am prepared to accept that we may simply get nothing from him, and he will turn out to be a poor signing, these things happen - but it's a long season and we have him until the end of it, so let's see what happens. At the end of the day, whilst not infallible, Pat is not daft, and he will know better than anyone if/when Kuqi has nothing to offer us on the pitch. I would certainly think that his experience on the training ground will be helping bring on the young lads.

That would be my view he hasnt really had a proper run at it however I would agree he should be getting up to speed by now. He is a different option nothing more, nothing less though I dont think we can write off his form from last season in a league of a similar level to ours.

Billy Whizz
19-11-2012, 12:15 PM
We really don't need a player being picked on at this stage of the season, and particularly where we are in the league. I could hear fans all around me on Saturday criticising him as soon as he got on.
Come on let's give it a rest for once

essexhibee
19-11-2012, 12:28 PM
He's absolutely dire, one of the worst 'performances' i've seen from a Hibs player. Turns like the Titanic and has the worst first touch I think i've ever seen. I don't often single out players for crtiticism but he is pish, Caldwell done more in his run-out than that imposter done all game. Not good enough.

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

Dalkeith Hibee
19-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Complete and utter pish.

Complete and utter pish? Aye good one.

Nothing to do with being an ex jambo and whatever age he is. Just isnt good enough for where we want to be. Good squad player to have around the young lads coming through.

Were you at Dens? He was shocking and along with Hanlon the weak points in our defence.

Are you one of these who can't stand it if certain fans don't rate a player?

Stevie Reid
19-11-2012, 12:51 PM

Nothing to do with being an ex jambo and whatever age he is. Just isnt good enough for where we want to be. Good squad player to have around the young lads coming through.

Were you at Dens? He was shocking and along with Hanlon the weak points in our defence.

Are you one of these who can't stand it if certain fans don't rate a player?

He is good enough to improve us from the terrible places we've been these last couple of years though, and you rightly point out that he is a good squad player, which he is for both his adaptability, and positive influence around the club - Pat knows that he is not a long term answer, hence his signing of McGivern, but his ability to cover a number of positions has been vital with us having such a small squad. He has had some bad moments but has also put in some good performances.

Players play badly sometimes, players at Hibs are no different - I'm glad we have Maybury.

MWHIBBIES
19-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Are you one of these who can't stand it if certain fans don't rate a player?It is complete pish.

Maybury has been good and important for us this season. He is a solid full back and has been a vast improvement over some of the imposters we have had playing there over the last few years. I'm not sure what your ambitions for Hibs are but after last season I would have been more than pleased with top 6 this season, Maybury is good enough to help us achieve that. He is obviously not a long term solution so wont be there when/if we eventually reach where Fenlon and the board want us to be.

I was at Dens and its the first time he has had a poor game as a Hibs player. Griffiths, Doyle, Cairney, Wotherspoon, Hanlon and McGivern were also poor, using your brilliant logic they are also not good enough for Hibs.

Billychaotic182
19-11-2012, 01:22 PM
It is complete pish.

Maybury has been good and important for us this season. He is a solid full back and has been a vast improvement over some of the imposters we have had playing there over the last few years. I'm not sure what your ambitions for Hibs are but after last season I would have been more than pleased with top 6 this season, Maybury is good enough to help us achieve that. He is obviously not a long term solution so wont be there when/if we eventually reach where Fenlon and the board want us to be.

I was at Dens and its the first time he has had a poor game as a Hibs player. Griffiths, Doyle, Cairney, Wotherspoon, Hanlon and McGivern were also poor, using your brilliant logic they are also not good enough for Hibs.

Nothing to do with who he has played or anything but he has been average at best for hibs. Good squad player but if freeing him and Kuqi up made way for Leigh I'd take it

marinello59
19-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Nothing to do with who he has played or anything but he has been average at best for hibs. Good squad player but if freeing him and Kuqi up made way for Leigh I'd take it

How much do you think it would cost to pay them off in January? Thats also ignoring just why we would let an experienced SPL player go when our squad is lacking in depth as it is.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-11-2012, 05:55 PM
From tonight's Dundee Evening Telegraph......." Long before the end of the game, they'd been forced to abandon their passing game in favour of long punts in the general direction of ridiculously over-sized substitute Shefki Kuqi."

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Ever thought of pursuing a career in politics :greengrin

Jonnyboy
19-11-2012, 10:24 PM
From tonight's Dundee Evening Telegraph......." Long before the end of the game, they'd been forced to abandon their passing game in favour of long punts in the general direction of ridiculously over-sized substitute Shefki Kuqi."

He may be that but he's no Nade :greengrin

Stevie Reid
20-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Ever thought of pursuing a career in politics :greengrin

How do you know I don't already have one? :greengrin

I'm under no illusions as to how Shefki has performed so far, but I'm not writing him off yet.

jacomo
20-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Nah - if he's not fit now, then he'll never be fit.

Basically he's a very poor footballer and dare I say it - Mr Fenlon (Sir) why the hell did you sign him in the first place?

On the evidence so far, the wool has well and truly been pulled over your eyes.

Kuqi scored a few for Oldham last season did he not?

Perhaps he's struggling for fitness, PF could not necessarily have predicted this.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Kuqi scored a few for Oldham last season did he not?

Perhaps he's struggling for fitness, PF could not necessarily have predicted this.

If he couldn't predict it then he never watched him, it has been plain to see from day one!

Phil MaGlass
20-11-2012, 01:58 PM
10 men couldnae carry KUQI....

Leishy1995
20-11-2012, 02:19 PM
"KUQI'S ON, WE'RE TAKING THE P*SS! KUQI'S ON, WE'RE TAKING THE P*SS"

seriously though, Sodje was twice his standard. Agogo was just above it, he's on a par with Hurtardo and coming close to the Mali Magician.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2012, 02:23 PM
"KUQI'S ON, WE'RE TAKING THE P*SS! KUQI'S ON, WE'RE TAKING THE P*SS"

seriously though, Sodje was twice his standard. Agogo was just above it, he's on a par with Hurtardo and coming close to the Mali Magician.

Aye The "Finished Finn"

The_Exile
20-11-2012, 03:03 PM
So we're all agreed then, £1 each, 3-0 Hibs, Kuqi last scorer against the Merricks in a fortnight? :jmcp:

Paisley Hibby
20-11-2012, 03:35 PM
It is complete pish.

I agree with everything you say here except the last bit. I was at Dens too and actually thought he was one of our better performers - but that was in in context of the whole team having a bad day. :tin hat:

Houchy
20-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm glad we've got him...

... it makes the rest of us fat baldys think we still may have something to offer. I'm going along on Saturday, all kitted out on the off chance we're short of numbers:agree::greengrin

matty_f
20-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Say what you want, but there's no doubting that Leigh Griffiths and Eoin Doyle have improved since Kuqi has come to the club. He's maybe not contributing in the games as much as we'd hoped, but I wouldn't dismiss the overall benefit of his being here.

lyonhibs
20-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Say what you want, but there's no doubting that Leigh Griffiths and Eoin Doyle have improved since Kuqi has come to the club. He's maybe not contributing in the games as much as we'd hoped, but I wouldn't dismiss the overall benefit of his being here.

:agree::agree:
It must be useful for them to see that mass of blubber flobbering about in slow motion and realise that they've got to keep their fitness and work rate up or that's how they could end up. Having an exemplaire of a useless aged striker is as good a motivational factor for 2 young talented strikers as any.

Devilstorment
20-11-2012, 10:00 PM
He is clearly a big target man. However we don't really ever play a game that calls for a big target man, also if he is only coming on for the last 10 mins of each game, what can you really expect.

I havent been impressed so far from the big man, but he might be adding value in other ways, i.e. the training ground with the young lads.

jury is still out. If he end up a big Konte for us then i will be happy if he scores the goal that gets us in to Europe!!!

:pfgwa

jabis
20-11-2012, 10:24 PM
(1)He'll be on 4 or 5 x Caldwell's wage.(2) Not such an esay decision(3) :wink:

(1)he isn't.

(2)the word is EASY,also,he's there to teach the young guy's how to be a PROFESSIONAL football player.( I hope he does as well as Craig Brewster )

(3)was that wink with an I or on A ?

:taxi

Northern Hibby
20-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I think he's been brought in for more than his sub appearance, old head and all that, it you. bring in a stokes it upsets things. if you bring in a Kuqi it can have the opposite effect no?

jabis
20-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I think he's been brought in for more than his sub appearance, old head and all that, it you. bring in a stokes it upsets things. if you bring in a Kuqi it can have the opposite effect no?

I look forward to your 500th post :greengrin

Leishy1995
21-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Aye The "Finished Finn"

He'll be the Konte of the future

zosohibee
21-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Dunno if anyone has suggested this, cant be arsed reading through everything. Maybe Fenlon has signed him at age 36 to keep him around long enough to convince him to become a coach. Who knows but perhaps, i have to agree that Kuqi doesnt look too sharp on the ball. I saw him against United and he ****ed up just about everything that came his way. He is maybe a backup/future coach/keep everyone going in training kind of footballing Yoda. Maybe he can tap in the odd goal when he comes on in the last ten minutes kind of thing. Cant see Pat having signed someone like him for his footballing prowess, he has made good signings on the whole but made a few duff choices as well.

Elephant Stone
21-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I feel sorry for him, it must be a nightmare trying to make an impact in games when you're only getting ten minutes here and there, almost always at times when the team is struggling. If Chris Hughton wanted him in his Newcastle squad only last year he must still have something to offer.

hibsbollah
21-11-2012, 02:50 PM
footballing Yoda.

:not worth :hilarious

Kuqi the Footballing Yoda. I've heard it all now. It would be great if he talked like Yoda as well... 'when 900 kilos you reach, Look as good, you will not. Hmmmm?'

HibbySpurs
21-11-2012, 02:56 PM
:not worth :hilarious

Kuqi the Footballing Yoda. I've heard it all now. It would be great if he talked like Yoda as well... 'when 900 kilos you reach, Look as good, you will not. Hmmmm?'

:faf:

Seriously though, he's not done much so far, although I did think against united he did contribute in giving the defence someone to lump the ball at (admittedley he promptly lost it or fouled the opposing player). He looks slow & overweight and the problem for a 36 year old is that getting the weight off & to a fitness level for pro football will be a difficult thing to do.

I hope he does come onto a game and can help us out by getting a handful of goals this season as he seems to be a good professional. Just now I think his contribution on the training field may be worth at least some of the wage he is recieving.

Brooster
21-11-2012, 03:01 PM
I feel sorry for him, it must be a nightmare trying to make an impact in games when you're only getting ten minutes here and there, almost always at times when the team is struggling. If Chris Hughton wanted him in his Newcastle squad only last year he must still have something to offer.

He has contributed nothing each time he has played. How he gets game time before Caldwell and Handling is beyond me. Kuqi is finished.

Wilson
21-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Dunno if anyone has suggested this, cant be arsed reading through everything. Maybe Fenlon has signed him at age 36 to keep him around long enough to convince him to become a coach. Who knows but perhaps, i have to agree that Kuqi doesnt look too sharp on the ball. I saw him against United and he ****ed up just about everything that came his way. He is maybe a backup/future coach/keep everyone going in training kind of footballing Yoda. Maybe he can tap in the odd goal when he comes on in the last ten minutes kind of thing. Cant see Pat having signed someone like him for his footballing prowess, he has made good signings on the whole but made a few duff choices as well.

I think that the issue here is that he has contributed so little to the footballing side of things that we have to look for other reasons as to why Pat might have signed him. I think simply he was signed to bolster the squad. He was required to add his many years of experience to a young squad. He is one of Pat's few mistakes on the signing front.

Possibly he was signed on the strength of video clips from a couple of years ago. Maybe he just scraped through his fitness tests and it was thought that there might be more to come - match fitness /sharpness. The thought could have been that aye he is an old warhorse but he should still have enough about him for the SPL - in reality he is well past it.

I was one of the first names down to sponsor his shirt on the hibs net thread. Wish we could have had him even three or four years ago.

Beefster
21-11-2012, 03:41 PM

I hated it when Stokes was upsetting the other players but scoring barrel-loads. Killing the club, he was.

Craig_in_Prague
21-11-2012, 03:51 PM
feel sorry for any of the players that are partnered with him for piggy-back races :-)

Lets face it, every manager makes the odd poor signing. Fenlons signings have (as a %) been mainly good, whilst he was not likely brought in as an expected starter. If we want a bit experience around the place but can also contribute, then K Miller would be ideal.

Leishy1995
21-11-2012, 10:24 PM
We always get one random bad striker a year. It wouldn't be Hibs without a passenger

Northern Hibby
21-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I hated it when Stokes was upsetting the other players but scoring barrel-loads. Killing the club, he was.

Don't think scoring goals was the problem, but we do need some old heads!

Northern Hibby
21-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Dam what a waste of a 500th post :-(

brog
22-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I think that the issue here is that he has contributed so little to the footballing side of things that we have to look for other reasons as to why Pat might have signed him. I think simply he was signed to bolster the squad. He was required to add his many years of experience to a young squad. He is one of Pat's few mistakes on the signing front.

Possibly he was signed on the strength of video clips from a couple of years ago. Maybe he just scraped through his fitness tests and it was thought that there might be more to come - match fitness /sharpness. The thought could have been that aye he is an old warhorse but he should still have enough about him for the SPL - in reality he is well past it.

I was one of the first names down to sponsor his shirt on the hibs net thread. Wish we could have had him even three or four years ago.

I saw him a lot 3 or 4 years ago when he was at CP. He was slow & awful then & was a joke figure to the Palace fans. I have no doubt PF signed him mainly for his experience but IMO he will now be a disruptive influence in dressing room ( not his fault ) through other players questioning why he's on a much higher salary.

Stevie Reid
22-11-2012, 09:49 AM
I saw him a lot 3 or 4 years ago when he was at CP. He was slow & awful then & was a joke figure to the Palace fans. I have no doubt PF signed him mainly for his experience but IMO he will now be a disruptive influence in dressing room ( not his fault ) through other players questioning why he's on a much higher salary.

I would imagine that he must have been a joke figure in relation to his £2.5M transfer fee as he still scored 18 goals in 48 starts for Palace, not exactly worthy of ridicule I would have thought. His career record is 132 goals in 367 starts (495 appearances overall) playing at a good level throughout, and he was signed by a very well performing Premiership team just last year - so whilst he may well be finished now, I refuse to accept that he has been crap his whole career.

Plenty posters on here ridiculing him for his performances thus far (which is up to them, and he certainly hasn't looked good) but I think that your speculation about him being a disruptive influence in the dressing room is really unnecessary.

brog
22-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I would imagine that he must have been a joke figure in relation to his £2.5M transfer fee as he still scored 18 goals in 48 starts for Palace, not exactly worthy of ridicule I would have thought. His career record is 132 goals in 367 starts (495 appearances overall) playing at a good level throughout, and he was signed by a very well performing Premiership team just last year - so whilst he may well be finished now, I refuse to accept that he has been crap his whole career.

Plenty posters on here ridiculing him for his performances thus far (which is up to them, and he certainly hasn't looked good) but I think that your speculation about him being a disruptive influence in the dressing room is really unnecessary.

You don't half make some things up, as a previous poster implied perhaps you are a politician! :greengrin I only talked about his time at CP & from my own regular experience of watching him. As I never said he was crap his whole career I'm not sure why you made that reference. I also said it was not Kuqi's fault he could be a dispruptive influence but players' wages are the most common cause of lack of harmony in the dressing room. If Hibs players don't comment amongst themselves on pay versus performance then they're unique in the footballing world.

Stevie Reid
22-11-2012, 11:42 AM
You don't half make some things up, as a previous poster implied perhaps you are a politician! :greengrin I only talked about his time at CP & from my own regular experience of watching him. As I never said he was crap his whole career I'm not sure why you made that reference. I also said it was not Kuqi's fault he could be a dispruptive influence but players' wages are the most common cause of lack of harmony in the dressing room. If Hibs players don't comment amongst themselves on pay versus performance then they're unique in the footballing world.

Well in keeping with that theme, I didn't actually say that you said that he was crap his whole career, I simply stated that I refuse to believe that he has been - so I wasn't making stuff up :wink: I appreciate that you saw him in the flesh a few years ago and weren't impressed and that was the extent of your comment on his abilities, however there have been a couple of posters on the thread who seem to be casting aspersions on his whole career, hence why I added that in.

I still take issue with your speculation about disharmony in the dressing room due to Kuqi though, especially given the togetherness of the squad and the club as a whole at the moment (loving the fact that the whole team celebrates every meaningful goal together). Caldwell, Handling et al may well be perfectly level headed youngsters who fully appreciate that Kuqi commands a certain wage due to his experience, career achievements and goal scoring ratio at a decent level last year. Maybe they are learning a lot from him. Now it's me that's speculating but given the kind of characters that Fenlon has openly stated that he wanted to bring/has brought to Hibs and the culture he is trying to create/is creating at the club, I see no reason to suspect any disruption.

JimBHibees
22-11-2012, 11:44 AM
He certainly needs to start contributing that is for sure however he did score a few goals for Oldham last year did he not.

Speedway
22-11-2012, 11:45 AM
More from R.Swipe on this thread.

I don't know how many managers can tell a player based on three to four 15-30 minute sub appearances. We of course famously derided Brewster for being old and crap (now revised to being experienced and influential) before he went on to score 20 in 77 games for the pars.

Kuqi would've have scored against the sheep if he'd put a bit more on it rather than allowing the defender to clear it off the line. He may well be crap, the point is; you don't know and neither do I.

Give Kuqi 3-4 lots of 80-90 minutes and then make a judgement call. If we do that, let's make sure we put some balls in the box for him to get on the end of too.

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 11:57 AM
More from R.Swipe on this thread.

I don't know how many managers can tell a player based on three to four 15-30 minute sub appearances. We of course famously derided Brewster for being old and crap (now revised to being experienced and influential) before he went on to score 20 in 77 games for the pars.

Kuqi would've have scored against the sheep if he'd put a bit more on it rather than allowing the defender to clear it off the line. He may well be crap, the point is; you don't know and neither do I.

Give Kuqi 3-4 lots of 80-90 minutes and then make a judgement call. If we do that, let's make sure we put some balls in the box for him to get on the end of too.

No-one in their right mind would give him that amount of game time based upon what we have seen so far! As for he would have scored against the sheep, there are could have been, should have been, nearly scored instances every week in every game, that fact of the matter is he didn't! We are not managers or experts but judge on what we see, and frankly there can be no argument that, for what we have seen so far we are entitled to comment and perhaps judge on his abilities.

Speedway
22-11-2012, 12:02 PM
No-one in their right mind would give him that amount of game time based upon what we have seen so far! As for he would have scored against the sheep, there are could have been, should have been, nearly scored instances every week in every game, that fact of the matter is he didn't! We are not managers or experts but judge on what we see, and frankly there can be no argument that, for what we have seen so far we are entitled to comment and perhaps judge on his abilities.

All we are saying, is give Shefki a chance.

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 12:12 PM
All we are saying, is give Shefki a chance.

Aye okay, I sincerely do hope he comes good and will put a pound on him to score every week he is in the squad, along with my usual dosh I throw away every week on Cairney scoring.

Stevie Reid
22-11-2012, 12:16 PM
FWIW, Kuqi's sum total of playing time for Hibs is 195 minutes.

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2012, 12:18 PM
FWIW, Kuqi's sum total of playing time for Hibs is 195 minutes.

Doubt he's covered 195 inches in that time! :greengrin

Stevie Reid
22-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Doubt he's covered 195 inches in that time! :greengrin

:greengrin

brog
22-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Well in keeping with that theme, I didn't actually say that you said that he was crap his whole career, I simply stated that I refuse to believe that he has been - so I wasn't making stuff up :wink: I appreciate that you saw him in the flesh a few years ago and weren't impressed and that was the extent of your comment on his abilities, however there have been a couple of posters on the thread who seem to be casting aspersions on his whole career, hence why I added that in.

I still take issue with your speculation about disharmony in the dressing room due to Kuqi though, especially given the togetherness of the squad and the club as a whole at the moment (loving the fact that the whole team celebrates every meaningful goal together). Caldwell, Handling et al may well be perfectly level headed youngsters who fully appreciate that Kuqi commands a certain wage due to his experience, career achievements and goal scoring ratio at a decent level last year. Maybe they are learning a lot from him. Now it's me that's speculating but given the kind of characters that Fenlon has openly stated that he wanted to bring/has brought to Hibs and the culture he is trying to create/is creating at the club, I see no reason to suspect any disruption.

No probs, like you I want nothing more than him to be a success.

Stevie Reid
22-11-2012, 03:28 PM
No probs, like you I want nothing more than him to be a success.

:aok: