PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

jw1410
18-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Another example of the Old Firm snatching up talent and wasting it on the bench. Anyone know what the script is with him? And would anyone be interested in him making a return to Easter Road if Sparky eludes us?

leither17
18-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Another example of the Old Firm snatching up talent and wasting it on the bench. Anyone know what the script is with him? And would anyone be interested in him making a return to Easter Road if Sparky eludes us?

Been out injured since ore season

.Sean.
18-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Injured.

jw1410
18-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Been out injured since ore season

Makes sense, he wasn't playing much before that though was he? I only seem to remember him making appearances in the cups.

euansdad
18-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Aye but I can't see him making way into that Celtic side at the moment. Samaras and Hooper have done well and Watt is emerging. Stokes would be better off here in terms of playing time but whether he will I doubt due to wages etc

Sir David Gray
18-11-2012, 12:38 AM
If things don't work out for him at Celtic, he'll head back down south

There's no danger he'll be back with us.

Hibeesforever
18-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Hold on, we have made many mistakes before bringing back previous stars.

yeezus.
18-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Think he is injured - as much as I like him, I doubt he will come back to Hibs - probably more likely that he will go to an English championship club.

Squealing pig
18-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Makes sense, he wasn't playing much before that though was he? I only seem to remember him making appearances in the cups.

Cracking player. He was a starter before he got injured. Bit harsh saying wasted on bench cause he hasn't been.
Players like riordan and momo sylla I'd see your point.

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2012, 11:40 PM

Injured, has played 64 times, Hooper has played 72, so far from being wasted on the bench.

The Sea-gull
19-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Been injured since the start of the season.

He might find it hard to get back in the team but would say in the two seasons he has been there has played more than his fair share of games so can't be regarded as a bench warmer.

They have signed a couple of strikers since he got injured and Tony Watt has emerged so unless he gets a chance and takes it he could find himself surplus to requirements. Him and Hooper were getting about 45 goals between them for the last two seasons.

Will go to a club in the Championship if his oportuninites at Celtic are limited. Sadly the only way we will get him back is if his star is on the wane and that being the case, would we really want him?

happiehibbie
19-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Funny thing is i spoke to Stokes mate on Friday as i heard a rumour that Sparky tto Celtic and Stokes to us on loan his reply no chance he has a back injury sitting in the stands with a face like thunder totaly P off as he cant play

WellingtonHibby
19-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Stokes was bad news first time round. Petrie shifted on deliberately, and at cut price to get rid of him.said as much at the AGM. No danger week he ever be back

ivan03
19-11-2012, 10:10 AM
He is out until Christmas, no chance he will be coming to Hibs. When Stokes is fit again he will start majority of games for Celtic.

jw1410
19-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Injured, has played 64 times, Hooper has played 72, so far from being wasted on the bench.

Had no idea he had that many games, I take it back. :aok:

Bostonhibby
19-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Stokes was bad news first time round. Petrie shifted on deliberately, and at cut price to get rid of him.said as much at the AGM. No danger week he ever be back

:agree: Edinburgh bookies allegedly might be happy with a return though :wink:

jw1410
19-11-2012, 10:27 AM
He is out until Christmas, no chance he will be coming to Hibs. When Stokes is fit again he will start majority of games for Celtic.

I doubt we could afford him anyway, just interesting to see what peoples thoughts are, I also hadn't realised he was injured.