PDA

View Full Version : Hartlepool watch

Billy Whizz
17-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Was hoping Yogi would get off to a flyer today, but got a 5-0 thumping at home to Coventry today

euansdad
17-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Jeff stelling won't be pleased

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Was hoping Yogi would get off to a flyer today, but got a 5-0 thumping at home to Coventry today

Ouch.....:cb

LeighLoyal
17-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Surely Hughes will recall his favourite player: big honest laddie, Nishy?

Squealing pig
17-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Surely Hughes will recall his favourite player: big honest laddie, Nishy?

Thought his fav player was Kevin mcbride or was it paddy Cregg

Coco Bryce
17-11-2012, 07:59 PM
No surprise really. Way out of his depth.

LeighLoyal
17-11-2012, 08:03 PM

Aye, but big honest laddie Nish was on his team sheet every week. And he wondered why he was sacked? :LOL:

leither17
17-11-2012, 08:27 PM

How did mcbride play the day?

Squealing pig
17-11-2012, 08:37 PM
He's no signed him already has he must have travelled down together lol

leither17
17-11-2012, 08:38 PM
He's no signed him already has he must have travelled down together lol

Mcbride scored dundee's 3rd goal the day

Squealing pig
17-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Just seen on wiki he plays for Dundee. Didn't realise Hartlepool bound soon I think. Yogis 1st signing prob.

stoneyburn hibs
17-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Harsh comments on this thread (maybe true) but i hope Yogi is successful .

zlatan
17-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Yogi bingo :not worth

Hiber-nation
17-11-2012, 09:41 PM
How did mcbride play the day?

Scored a straight down the middle pen - other than that he probably touched the ball 4 times. Always liked him for us until he got that injury.

JohnScott
18-11-2012, 10:10 AM
No surprise really. Way out of his depth.

Sit down and eat your rusk. When did you last see a league one game? As for the "monkey hangers"? One win in 18 isnt it. Yogis got his work cut out and I for one wish him well.

Hibbyradge
18-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Sit down and eat your rusk. When did you last see a league one game? As for the "monkey hangers"? One win in 18 isnt it. Yogis got his work cut out and I for one wish him well.

I would usually want an ex-Hibs player/manager to do well, but after Yogi's "apprenticeship" comments, I'm struggling to be magnanimous.

3pm
18-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I would usually want an ex-Hibs player/manager to do well, but after Yogi's "apprenticeship" comments, I'm struggling to be magnanimous.

What did he say?

Pretty Boy
18-11-2012, 10:25 AM
'Ah see whit those boays dae in training every day, good honest laddies. A 5-0 defeat? Plenty goals and entertainment though eh?'

Hibbyradge
18-11-2012, 10:38 AM
What did he say?

I read somewhere that he said his time at Hibs, Falkirk and Livingston was an apprenticeship for managing in England.

I can't find those words anywhere, so I could be mistaken.

Hibbyradge
18-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Found it!

Hughes, previously in charge of Falkirk, Hibs and Livingston - "I've done my apprenticeship in Scotland" - has long wanted to manage in the Football League.

Hartlepool, not a million miles from his Edinburgh roots in both miles and mentality, is the ideal platform.

"It's an opportunity I have wanted for a long time, English football has a higher profile. Scottish football has to have a real good look at itself,'' he admitted.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10054581.print/

JohnScott
18-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Just read it Hibbyradge. What a knob! Hope he enjoys league 2.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2012, 10:54 AM
No matter how much Yogi thinks that Scottish football needs to have a good look at itself [WTF does this mean:confused:] he will find out that even South of the border, it is a results business. Wish him well. In terms of moving on, I think that it will do him a world of good to be in an environment where no-one will give two hoots about what went wrong for him at Hibs.

Coco Bryce
18-11-2012, 12:02 PM

I really don't give a toss about Yogi mate. Thinks he way better than he is.

Coco Bryce
18-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Just read it Hibbyradge. What a knob! Hope he enjoys league 2.

Changed your tune there eh lol.

Phil D. Rolls
18-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Fitba folk ken whit's gaun oan.

Billy Whizz
18-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Fitba folk ken whit's gaun oan.

Or dae they

iwasthere1972
18-11-2012, 01:18 PM
The Hartlepool fans will be lapping up his words just like we did when he joined us. We all know he can talk the talk but walk the walk is a different matter. One thing for certain is that he has a hell of a job on his hands to even keep Hartlepool in division 1. Will he be afforded the time? I don't know.

Still hope he does well for Jeff Stelling's sake. Can't be easy doing the Sky Sports prog and announcing that your team are getting walloped week in week out. Wonder if Jeff will get himself a Yogi Bear to go with his James Brown.

leither17
20-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Jeff won't be happy 90th min winner for oldham

IWasThere2016
20-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Found it!

Hughes, previously in charge of Falkirk, Hibs and Livingston - "I've done my apprenticeship in Scotland" - has long wanted to manage in the Football League.

Hartlepool, not a million miles from his Edinburgh roots in both miles and mentality, is the ideal platform.

"It's an opportunity I have wanted for a long time, English football has a higher profile. Scottish football has to have a real good look at itself,'' he admitted.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10054581.print/

:rolleyes: Nae mirrors in his hoose ken.

Bostonhibby
20-11-2012, 08:53 PM
The Hartlepool fans will be lapping up his words just like we did when he joined us. We all know he can talk the talk but walk the walk is a different matter. One thing for certain is that he has a hell of a job on his hands to even keep Hartlepool in division 1. Will he be afforded the time? I don't know.

Still hope he does well for Jeff Stelling's sake. Can't be easy doing the Sky Sports prog and announcing that your team are getting walloped week in week out. Wonder if Jeff will get himself a Yogi Bear to go with his James Brown.

3 or 4 guys fae Falkirk and a bumper contract to Ed De Graff and they will soon be soaring up the table.

Bostonhibby
20-11-2012, 08:55 PM
No matter how much Yogi thinks that Scottish football needs to have a good look at itself [WTF does this mean:confused:] he will find out that even South of the border, it is a results business. Wish him well. In terms of moving on, I think that it will do him a world of good to be in an environment where no-one will give two hoots about what went wrong for him at Hibs.

:agree: Or have a ****in clue what he is talking about...........

sambajustice
20-11-2012, 08:58 PM

He can't really talk though really can he?

truehibernian
20-11-2012, 09:00 PM
3 or 4 guys fae Falkirk and a bumper contract to Ed De Graff and they will soon be soaring up the table.

That might not be a bad thing as Falkirk have two or three I'd take in a minute - Hibs are looking at one of them too (Sibbald).

As for EDG - no, just no. I wouldn't wish that player on anyone, even Hughes.

iwasthere1972
He can't really talk though really can he?

That's a 120 page thread in itself. :wink:

Bishop Hibee
An acquaintance of mine from Hartlepool who gets along to a few of their games a season contacted me for my thoughts on Yogi's appointment. He wasn't too pleased with my reply :greengrin. To be honest they've done well to remain in League 1 for so long and were close to promotion to the Championship when they played Sheffield Wed a few years ago in the play-off final. They'll be relegated barring a miracle. Sacked by the middle of next season is my prediction.

hibeedonald
20-11-2012, 10:01 PM
To be fair he was still nowhere near as bad as CC