PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Jardine

Thief
17-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Just reading on twitter that Sandy has been diagnosed with cancer. Wish him all the best for a full recovery. Always a gentleman.

surreyhibbie
17-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Just reading on twitter that Sandy has been diagnosed with cancer. Wish him all the best for a full recovery. Always a gentleman.

A helluva player (nearly as good as John Brownlie :-)) and never heard a bad word from him.

Sorry to hear this, get well soon Sandy.

euansdad
17-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Sad to hear that wish him all the best

MrSmith
17-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Yep same from me, fight the fight Sandy! That is what he used tell us at training with Gracemount Rovers. Good guy and a gent.

Steve-O
17-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Erm, I seem to recall Jardine talking a load of crap during the Rangers admin etc and getting plenty of stick on here for it?

This is just a response to comments above, not to do with the cancer.

MSK
17-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Erm, I seem to recall Jardine talking a load of crap during the Rangers admin etc and getting plenty of stick on here for it?

This is just a response to comments above, not to do with the cancer.Erm ...there are four posts on here ..wtf are you slavering aboot !!!! :confused:

Steve-O
17-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Erm ...there are four posts on here ..wtf are you slavering aboot !!!! :confused:

Erm the fact that he was a blethering auld Rangers erse a couple of months ago but now he has cancer he's a great guy etc etc.

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2012, 10:55 PM

One can disagree with his views on Rangers, but still have sympathy for his illness.

Steve-O
17-11-2012, 10:57 PM
One can disagree with his views on Rangers, but still have sympathy for his illness.

True.

Liberal Hibby
17-11-2012, 11:00 PM
I fear that Not the Nine O'Clock News (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17VzztS60M) may be needed to settle the row...

(with or without the Finnish subtitles)

Steve-O
17-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I fear that Not the Nine O'Clock News (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17Vzzt,S60M) may be needed to settle the row...

(with or without the Finnish subtitles)

Spot on :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
17-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Erm the fact that he was a blethering auld Rangers erse a couple of months ago but now he has cancer he's a great guy etc etc.

spot on, him and sally the double act in stirring up anger amongst the orrible huns :agree: but i'm sure everyone on here will agree in wishing him all the best in fighting a horrible disease/illness :agree:

Keith_M
18-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Wouldn't wish the guy any harm and obviously I hope he recovers.... but a gentleman? I'm araid he's went down quite a lot in my estimation with his pandering to the Rangers masses recently.

hibbill2002
18-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Yep same from me, fight the fight Sandy! That is what he used tell us at training with Gracemount Rovers. Good guy and a gent.

You must be kicking on... Gracemount rovers??? :-D

MrSmith
18-11-2012, 10:15 AM
You must be kicking on... Gracemount rovers??? :-D

Certainly am! Was about 1981/82 Peter Collins was the coach and Sandy trained us for a few months.

hibbill2002
18-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Your just a bairn then haha, Was 69 70 for me!
Was speaking to Peter a few months ago, he lives up at Straiton now.

MrSmith
18-11-2012, 10:34 AM
How is he? Haven't seen him in years. I feared the worst when the house in Gracemount went up for sale. My brother David played for them as well. He was one of two who passed in the 75' bus crash.

woody47
18-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Billy is a genuinely nice guy. Knew him very well years ago when he was playing with the now defunct Rankers. Used to live just around the corner from me in Warrender Park. Really hope he recovers and thoughts go to his family.

Winston Ingram
18-11-2012, 07:08 PM

He spouted a hell of alot of ***** during the Rangers nonsense and last time i heard him talk he's banging on about revenge against SPL clubs that had 'done them wrong'.

Still, even though i think he's a walloper, having witness the effects of cancer with my mum, I wouldn't wish it on anyone and I genuinely hope he pulls through

joe breezy
18-11-2012, 07:54 PM
He was at school with my mum and his son was a good Hibs lad.

He may be a cream bun but all the best to him and anyone who has to battle disease.