PDA

View Full Version : Steve Clarke

theonlywayisup
17-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Doing a fantastic job in his first managerial post, after being second in command at Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool. I recall that we all thought he was going to be the next Hibs manager, only to be totally underwhelmed when CoCo got the job. Does anyone know how close we were to getting him as manager?

MSK
17-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Doing a fantastic job in his first managerial post, after being second in command at Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool. I recall that we all thought he was going to be the next Hibs manager, only to be totally underwhelmed when CoCo got the job. Does anyone know how close we were to getting him as manager?Hibs approached him ..he wasnt interested ..

James.
17-11-2012, 08:02 PM
:aok:

The Albion are my English team and it's safe to say he's surpassed all expectations. Have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed when he got the job but he's carried on the great work that Roy started! Some real underrated talent at West Brom - Mulumbu and Olson in particular. Hopefully they continue to go under the radar and stay at the Hawthorns for the foreseeable future.

AlbertK86
17-11-2012, 08:03 PM
He was interested but wage demands were way above what we could afford.

SteveHFC
17-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Hibs approached him ..he wasnt interested ..

I heard we offered him the job :wink:

R'Albin
17-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Hibs approached him ..he wasnt interested ..

But I'm sure that Hibs.net understood otherwise?:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2012, 08:08 PM
If what we heard was right it was as good as a done deal then hibs or him moved the goalposts at the very last minute (within 3 days of CC being announced)

jdships
17-11-2012, 08:13 PM
He was interested but wage demands were way above what we could afford.

Heard the same story from two sources both close to the club :agree:

sambajustice
17-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I (along with quite a few others) stuck a wad on him for hibs job after we got it on good authority he was a shoe in for it!!! :)

Craig_in_Prague
17-11-2012, 10:48 PM
He is doing very well, but he did take on a team already doing pretty well (which arguably isn't so difficult to do).
After coco though I am glad we have Fenlon. Think he 'gets it' and whilst we've had plenty downs and will have plenty more I believe he's building the club in the right direction.

.Sean.
17-11-2012, 11:13 PM
'Uncle Stevie's Soccer Hooligans'

(Brooster and the rest of the EL boys know!)

euansdad
17-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Amazing job he has done. WBA are a handful for anyone

lord bunberry
18-11-2012, 12:10 AM
He is doing very well, but he did take on a team already doing pretty well (which arguably isn't so difficult to do).
After coco though I am glad we have Fenlon. Think he 'gets it' and whilst we've had plenty downs and will have plenty more I believe he's building the club in the right direction.

Nail on the head he inherited a well run team and has kicked on from a strong background

leither17
18-11-2012, 12:31 AM
I (along with quite a few others) stuck a wad on him for hibs job after we got it on good authority he was a shoe in for it!!! :)

Me too got good odds as well