PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood 1 Man U 0

fatbloke
17-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Colin Calderwood has just masterminded a victory for Norwich over Man U. Maybe we ditched him to early. Discuss:greengrin

SurferRosa
17-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Chris Hughton`s the manager is he no? Calderwood`s just the toady. :devil:

chrisski33
17-11-2012, 07:37 PM
No dont want to discuss calderwood hes history

Eyrie
17-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I can't have been the only one who yelled abuse at the TV when they showed Calderdud.

Other than his choice of assistant, Hughton does a good job wherever he goes.

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-11-2012, 07:45 PM
if we never sacked calderwood we wouldnt have that man PADDY FENLON!!!!!! :not worth

theonlywayisup
17-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Colin Calderwood has just masterminded a victory for Norwich over Man U. Maybe we ditched him to early. Discuss:greengrin

NO! He was a terrible manager. A clown!

fatbloke
17-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Why is that when on camera he looks like the guiltiest person in the world. I seriously worry about his mental state. He looked the unhappiest man in Carrow Road, obviously bet his wages on a Man U win.

Bostonhibby
17-11-2012, 08:26 PM

We didn't - we should have put him in a ditch much earlier.

I think he has been lucky enough to hang on the coat tails of a decent manager at Norwich and landed on his feet with having inherited a pretty good side - as assistant manager, so long as he doesn't do too much assisting or managing he shouldn't get sacked. Shame because I do like Norwich :greengrin

euansdad
17-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Erm....no ta

lord bunberry
17-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Apparently he is good with the players on the training ground most players who played for him seemed to quite like him but he is clueless when it comes to being a manager and we should have emptied him much earlier

Alfred E Newman
17-11-2012, 08:33 PM
The man was a total disaster. Arguably the worst manager we have ever had.

ian cruise
17-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Apparently he is good with the players on the training ground most players who played for him seemed to quite like him but he is clueless when it comes to being a manager and we should have emptied him much earlier

Falls in to the category of good coach, terrible manager. Some people just need to learn their limitations.

LeighLoyal
17-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure Hughes and Mixu weren't worse. He was stuck with the rubbish left behind like De Graff and briefly improved matters before the same rot set in.

hibeemikey21
17-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I can't have been the only one who yelled abuse at the TV when they showed Calderdud.

And breathe....

Calderwood seemed like a good guy who was unfortunately out of his depth. Really wanted it to work out for him and for him to not end up as yet another manager discarded after a short stint but, alas, he was not up to scratch.

Can't deny him of that wonderful Wednesday night at ibrox, however!

darwenhibby
17-11-2012, 09:27 PM

Ur right mate screamed abuse on 2 counts Utd getting beat and still hurting about Hibs and seeing his mug on the telly! Brought it all back what a disaster he was. On a positive note Anthony Pilkington his mum and dad established our boys club "Crown Paints" to give lads like him a game of football back in 97! Well done Anthony! GTF Calderclown

Baader
17-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Actively dislike him. Useless clown of a manager but my dislike stems from the lack of respect he showed the club with his non-committal when linked to other posts and his embarrassing 'bag of sweeties' gibe.

Precisely what he should have been paid in as that's all he was worth - a two bob mixture...

iwasthere1972
17-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Calderwood is a number 2.

Fact.

Paisley Hibby
17-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Calderwood is a number 2.

Fact.

He certainly is one of those :greengrin

HH81
18-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Good result for Norwich that was.

Pleased for them. I find it crazy that man u have been on top form so far and yet they are only 2nd. Shows how good man city have become.

Eyrie
18-11-2012, 11:28 AM
And breathe....

Calderwood seemed like a good guy who was unfortunately out of his depth. Really wanted it to work out for him and for him to not end up as yet another manager discarded after a short stint but, alas, he was not up to scratch.

He may have seemed like a good guy, but he was responsible for signing a bunch of duds, for getting us in relegation trouble and for looking for another job after his first season here.

So I'm relaxed about my low opinion of him.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2012, 11:31 AM
And breathe....

I must admit when he was blatantly disrespecting the Hibs job by desperately trying to get out and when he described one of the sorriest Hibs squads I've ever seen as 'perfect' after a gutless defeat at Tynecastle I was really thinking what a good guy he seemed.

Skanko79
18-11-2012, 11:32 AM

Pleased for them. I find it crazy that man u have been on top form so far and yet they are only 2nd. Shows how good man city have become.

And thats with man city having a bad start to the season. man city havent even hit anywhere near top gear yet.

hibsbollah
18-11-2012, 11:36 AM
If there was a poll he would come bottom of my worst ever Hibs managers without a doubt. Or should that be top? :-/

TamHibs
18-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Man Utd on top form? United haven't been anyway near as good as they can be this year.

Hibercelona
18-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Well he did look far more passionate on the touchline that he ever did at ER. :rolleyes:

bob12345
19-11-2012, 09:36 AM
As said earlier, being an assistant manager is a completely different job which requires different skills to being the man in charge. Like anybody who makes a step up, sometimes they sink, sometimes they swim. Calderwood wouldn't keep getting taken on as a No2 if he wasn't decent at it.

Stevie Reid
19-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure Hughes and Mixu weren't worse. He was stuck with the rubbish left behind like De Graff and briefly improved matters before the same rot set in.

I am. Calderwood was the worst manager we have ever had - even Duffy had an entertaining team for a short while.

Calderwood did not improve us in any way.

Vini1875
19-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Beat the huns 3-0 and that was the sum total of what he did at Hibs, anything else I have tried to forget.

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 08:53 AM

When you consider what has happened to Hibs since, you might just have a point.

greenginger
20-11-2012, 10:11 AM
As said earlier, being an assistant manager is a completely different job which requires different skills to being the man in charge. Like anybody who makes a step up, sometimes they sink, sometimes they swim. Calderwood wouldn't keep getting taken on as a No2 if he wasn't decent at it.

Exactly right and it should have been obvious to our Board before he was appointed.

Not saying being an assistant is not a vital job though, I still see Wison Humpheries leaving Hibs ( for perfectly understandable reasons ) as leading to the demise of Eddie Turnbull as our manager.