PDA

View Full Version : Well done to those who travelled up today

sbell1875
17-11-2012, 06:21 PM
I just posted on another thread praising the size of today's support.

My family suffered a bereavement yesterday and in my grief I decided to still go along today. I was mighty proud of the size and volume (up to a point obviously!) of our support today.

I found it comforting being amongst other Hibees and I'd like to thank everyone for that as daft as it sounds!

GGTTH.

AlbertK86
17-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Any mention of how many fans we had there today

Sir David Gray
17-11-2012, 07:01 PM

A couple of thousand I would have said.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Big support, good to see....

Hope to see a bumper home crowd next Saturday.....

Billy Whizz
17-11-2012, 07:12 PM

At least 1,500 and got behind the team the whole game

euansdad
17-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Sounded like a great support and shows what kind of support, and numbers, we are capable of

Billy Whizz
17-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Sounded like a great support and shows what kind of support, and numbers, we are capable of

And Dundee were handsomely rewarded today with the revenue, that a top of the table Hibs team will bring

Piqué
17-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Are we the loudest bunch in Scotland right now? Great effort again today.

JIm
17-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Just hope people are not to disheartened. I had a lot of friends at the game today who hadn't been away since the cup final, here's hoping that despite the result today they'll be back and we continue to back the lads.

Well done to all who travelled.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Just hope people are not to disheartened. I had a lot of friends at the game today who hadn't been away since the cup final, here's hoping that despite the result today they'll be back and we continue to back the lads.

Well done to all who travelled.

I was hoping that too.

There will have been quite a lot of people there today who are just starting to come back after an encouraging start to the season and I just hope that they are not put off after that today.

sbell1875
17-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm sure I read online the away stand holds 3,000. I saw a photo on twitter taken from the wee stand at Dens and it looked packed bar the first few rows, some of which were eventually opened.

I'd say at least 2,000 - 2,200 Hibs fans.

Rasta_Hibs
17-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Great support and we will be handsomely rewarded when a top end of the table dons team come on sat.

Just shows there is life in the league if we get half decent teams on the park in a tight league so far.

S4uzee
17-11-2012, 08:15 PM
id say about 2500, very noisy during the warm-up and throughout, just a pity the team never turned up

Paisley Hibby
17-11-2012, 08:48 PM
id say about 2500, very noisy during the warm-up and throughout, just a pity the team never turned up

That looks right to me. Dundee's highest home attendance in the SPL so far this season and 1400 more today than for their game against the Big Team a few weeks ago..

FranckSuzy
17-11-2012, 08:50 PM

My family suffered a bereavement yesterday and in my grief I decided to still go along today. I was mighty proud of the size and volume (up to a point obviously!) of our support today.

I found it comforting being amongst other Hibees and I'd like to thank everyone for that as daft as it sounds!

GGTTH.

Sorry to hear that. Good on you for still going to Dens :aok:

.Sean.
17-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Great support. Absolutely crammed up the back middle, 2/3 a seat. (The health and safety sad -arse brigade would've had a field day.)

Could spot the 'supporters' who'd jumped on the bandwagon a mile off, leaving as soon as Dundee got their third :bye:See you ***** next time we're going well and you expect a result. Stick with the team **** sake, today was a blip, this side defo merit our support. THEY CARE.

ELST

MSK
17-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Great support. Absolutely crammed up the back middle, 2/3 a seat. (The health and safety sad -arse brigade would've had a field day.)

Could spot the 'supporters' who'd jumped on the bandwagon a mile off, leaving as soon as Dundee got their third :bye:See you ***** next time we're going well and you expect a result. Stick with the team **** sake, today was a blip, this side defo merit our support. THEY CARE.

ELSTMy first game in a few weeks ..I left not long after Dundee scored their third ...next time I leave early I shall put my hand up & get your ****ing permission first aye !!

Signed ..band wagon jumper oner ..:fenlon

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2012, 11:06 PM

ELST

Please sir,

I haven't been to a game in a wee while. Can I come along next week, please?

MSK
17-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Please sir,

I haven't been to a game in a wee while. Can I come along next week, please?Theres a season ticket turnstyle ..a pre paid turnstyle ..a walk up turnstyle ..& a bandwagon turnstyle ..:agree:

euansdad
17-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Official hibs site gives our numbers as all the twos! 2,222

.Sean.
17-11-2012, 11:28 PM
My first game in a few weeks ..I left not long after Dundee scored their third ...next time I leave early I shall put my hand up & get your ****ing permission first aye !!

Signed ..band wagon jumper oner ..:fenlon
Yeah. Please do.

Please sir,

I haven't been to a game in a wee while. Can I come along next week, please?

No.

:greengrin

MSK
18-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Official hibs site gives our numbers as all the twos! 2,222Good crowd ..:agree:

Antifa Hibs
18-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Where were you when we were sh**e :greengrin

lucky
18-11-2012, 08:16 AM
I thought that stand held 3600? If that's the case there was no way another 1400 would be getting in. I thought we had over 3000 but why do Hibs always freeze when there's a big travelling support

Barney McGrew
18-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Could spot the 'supporters' who'd jumped on the bandwagon a mile off, leaving as soon as Dundee got their third :bye:See you ***** next time we're going well and you expect a result.

Supporter police alert

TheEastTerrace
18-11-2012, 08:42 AM

ELST

Why do you feel the need to have a go at them? It's each to their own mate. Chill out.

Col_0762
18-11-2012, 08:53 AM

ELST

I left after 3, been at every game this season. What bandwagon am I jumping on???

Stantons Angel
18-11-2012, 09:22 AM

GGTTH.

Firstly, my condolences on your loss. Im sure many on here will not consider your feelings "DAFT" or anything like it.

Over the years i have used my football as a comfort and a sense of normality when personal things have dragged me down in life.

The day my mum passed away was a very traumatic time for me and i had tickets for the Senior 5-a-sides in Glasgow that afternoon.

I made the descion to go through because she would expect no less of me and would just be shaking her head and say"that lassie and her Hibs" and smile down on me!

She used to tell everyone that if she died on a Saturday they would always know where to find me.

Your attachment to Hibs would give you something to hold on to and with so many around you feeling the same. you would get strength from them too.

Just a pity the result went against us!

GGTTH!

yeezus.
18-11-2012, 09:33 AM
:agree: Great day out desite the poor performance.

Albanian Hibs
18-11-2012, 09:42 AM

ELST

What a lot of nonsense. My dad is a season ticket holder and goes to every single game possible. I bet he left after Dundee scored their third goal. When did it become a crime for fans who have paid thir hard earned money to leave whenever they want? If I was there I probably would have left after the third too. Game was over by then.

euansdad
18-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Sometimes I leave early when a game is done and dusted to get a fish supper. Mmmmm, the delicate flakes of fish coated in a succulent melt in the mouth batter. Any way I digress, guess I'm guilty

LancashireHibby
18-11-2012, 10:02 AM
The only Hibs game I've left early was some end of season kick about they had at Hampden last May. Still, each to their own and that.

lord bunberry
18-11-2012, 10:04 AM
I always leave when we go 3 goals behind as the game is over

CropleyWasGod
18-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Theres a season ticket turnstyle ..a pre paid turnstyle ..a walk up turnstyle ..& a bandwagon turnstyle ..:agree:

Great. Do I get a badge that says "I'm on the bandwagon. Are you?"

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-11-2012, 11:39 AM
We've not had any uber fan posts for a while, always entertaining!

Kojock
18-11-2012, 11:48 AM

ELST

Boo hoo, I left early yesterday and was in the loo when Hibs scored. I couldn't believe it so as a punishment I self mutilated and cut my right ear off. Hopefully I will be out of hospital in time for next weeks game. Just shows you how much I care. :wink:

Moulin Yarns
18-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I thought that stand held 3600? If that's the case there was no way another 1400 would be getting in. I thought we had over 3000 but why do Hibs always freeze when there's a big travelling support

Officially holds 3000.

"Away fans are housed in the Bob Shankly Stand at one
end of the ground, where up to 3,000 supporters can be accommodated. If required
then a further 1,000 seats can be allocated in the Main (North) Stand towards
the Bob Shankly End."

Bishop Hibee
18-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Official hibs site gives our numbers as all the twos! 2,222

Richard Gordon on Sportsound said there was 2400 Hibs fans. Either way a great away support. I didn't catch the bandwagon yesterday but hope it's going full speed after the Dons game so I can hop on for McDiarmid Park.

Squealing pig
18-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I always leave when we go 3 goals behind as the game is over

I see to recall Newcastle being 3 up and losing 4-3 to Liverpool in one of the 4-3 games.
Mind we were 6-2 up against Motherwell all no what happened there.

ZS DOOM
18-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Each to his own but hundreds of people leaving is only going to dishearten the team.

We were 3 nil down but got 1 back. and had enough chaces to draw or even win in the last 10 or so mins

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm leaving now before the Wimbledon v MK Dons game starts.

lord bunberry
18-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I see to recall Newcastle being 3 up and losing 4-3 to Liverpool in one of the 4-3 games.
Mind we were 6-2 up against Motherwell all no what happened there.

I've been watching hibs for around 30 years and i can't remember us coming back from 3 goals down and getting a draw im not saying it hasn't happened but if it has it wasn't during a game i attended

Hibi
18-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I've been watching hibs for around 30 years and i can't remember us coming back from 3 goals down and getting a draw im not saying it hasn't happened but if it has it wasn't during a game i attended

Now my memory could be playing tricks on me but when my dad first started taking me to games we had a season tickets in the old family enclosure next to the tunnel. I recall being three down to st mirren at half time and watching on shell shocked as one guy got up with his boy and stormed out shouting at miller that he'll no be back. Anyway my dad told me that wasn't what you do, you stay and support your team.

I'm pretty sure we came back to win that game 4-3 and I'm sure geebsy scored a volley from outside the box....I know all sounds a little far fetched. All I can remember is thinking how stupid that guy would have felt and swearing I would never do that.

Game would have been in the 90's, anyone else remember this?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Torfasson scored a very similar goal in that game IIRC.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2012, 03:03 PM

I seem to remember a game at easter road, when we were 3 down to St Johnstone and came back to draw? 78 maybe 79, it was a long time ago but i think thats correct? :confused:

lord bunberry
18-11-2012, 03:31 PM
I seem to remember a game at easter road, when we were 3 down to St Johnstone and came back to draw? 78 maybe 79, it was a long time ago but i think thats correct? :confused:

That was before i started going my first games were the early 80s

lord bunberry
18-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Now my memory could be playing tricks on me but when my dad first started taking me to games we had a season tickets in the old family enclosure next to the tunnel. I recall being three down to st mirren at half time and watching on shell shocked as one guy got up with his boy and stormed out shouting at miller that he'll no be back. Anyway my dad told me that wasn't what you do, you stay and support your team.

I'm pretty sure we came back to win that game 4-3 and I'm sure geebsy scored a volley from outside the box....I know all sounds a little far fetched. All I can remember is thinking how stupid that guy would have felt and swearing I would never do that.

Game would have been in the 90's, anyone else remember this?

I don't remember that one Tbh but im not saying it didn't happen

Hibi
18-11-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't remember that one Tbh but im not saying it didn't happen

Wasn't trying to pull you up, it's just one of those games that seemed to stick in my memory. Loved going to games with my dad, I seemed to remember the miller years as being pretty good whereas everyone else seems to be of the opinion miller was awful.

euansdad
18-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I can't remember one to be honest. We don't seem to do many comebacks!

IWasThere2016
18-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Left with 5 to go. Missed Sparky's goal. The only other time I left early we scored also! Had to go the wee man was frozen, and fed up (in the knowledge several Dees pals were waiting to rib him on FIFA) - Petrie! :grr:

sbell1875
18-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Firstly, my condolences on your loss. Im sure many on here will not consider your feelings "DAFT" or anything like it.

Over the years i have used my football as a comfort and a sense of normality when personal things have dragged me down in life.

The day my mum passed away was a very traumatic time for me and i had tickets for the Senior 5-a-sides in Glasgow that afternoon.

I made the descion to go through because she would expect no less of me and would just be shaking her head and say"that lassie and her Hibs" and smile down on me!

She used to tell everyone that if she died on a Saturday they would always know where to find me.

Your attachment to Hibs would give you something to hold on to and with so many around you feeling the same. you would get strength from them too.

Just a pity the result went against us!

GGTTH!

Thanks for the kind words. It was my papa who passed away on Friday and he was a big football fan. It was my dad who got me into following the Hibs but I grew up with all 3 of us watching football together and he'd always talk to me about games he went to which included the legendary Real Madrid Hampden final. I was fascinated with some of the stories he told me and it helped me fall in love with football.

He was also involved with my local junior team Armadale Thistle for a numbe of years and prior to their Scottish Cup game yesterday there was a minutes silence which was impecably observed.

I'll miss the auld yin a lot but I will never forget him!

RIP
18-11-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm guilty of doing it in the past but I'll never slag off supporters who leave early. It's exactly the same as players who give up. It may be due to a lack of steel, of commitment, of courage, of awareness of the impact on morale or even disappointment, disgust or shame. But in a support of 2400 we get the same mix of people as society.

And our support is gradually rebuilding a fighting spirit - just like the team.

FromTheCapital
18-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I was sat just next to the guy near the top who was singing about David Silva when Man City were winning at HT... Dunno if anyone else was near him, quite funny actually. Felt comfortable in the away end and everyone was doing their best to support the team. Defence was extremely poor and Cairney and Wotherspoon should've seen alot more of the ball as they had both the full-backs on toast when they got the ball down and drove at them. Griffiths was poor but you can't expect a wonder show from him each and every week... he took his goal very well. I actually thought that Taiwo, Cairney and Doyle had decent games. Kuqi on for Doyle is surely the worst substitution ever. Maybury and Hanlon were awful... I believe that Hanlon had one of his worst Hibs performances on Saturday and my confidence isn't high in Maybury but with McPake and Clancy set to return next week against Aberdeen that will hopefully strengthen the defence up with McGivern pushing out to left back as I feel that Hanlon plays well with McPake next to him. Williams and Hanlon not communicating again and almost another disaster. I personally think that Williams could be a bit more commanding but if Hanlon isn't sure then he must put the ball anywhere out the park and a few people I was speaking to on the 17:17 train back to Edinburgh seemed to agree. Anyway, atmosphere in the Hibs end was fantastic and before the game the stand felt like it was swaying beneath my feet and I'd say there was around 2500-3000 Hibs fans at Dens Park. I'll be back for the massive game against Aberdeen next Saturday at Easter Road... Hopefully there will be a big crowd to get back to winning ways and get Easter Road bouncing again. Still need to get to grips with the Alee Alee Alay Oh, though!

:pfgwa

Alfred E Newman
18-11-2012, 07:27 PM

I remember a game at Easter Road against Dundee Unt in the mid 60`s where we were 0-4 down at half time. Kicking down the slope in the second half we fought back to 3-4 and equalised with the last kick of the game. Or I should say thought we had equalised as the clown of a ref blew for time as the ball was on its way into the net. As you can imagine there was uproar with the ref getting a police escort off the pitch.
They have always had it in for us ye ken ! Any other auld codgers remember this ?

jimmythefish
18-11-2012, 07:55 PM
been to 3 away trips this season, dundee twice & dingwall , 3 defeats, was thinking o just sticking to the home games maybe i was a bit o a jinx, but i doubt i will the away trips are a great day brilliant atmosphere

Brooster
18-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Boo hoo, I left early yesterday and was in the loo when Hibs scored. I couldn't believe it so as a punishment I self mutilated and cut my right ear off. Hopefully I will be out of hospital in time for next weeks game. Just shows you how much I care. :wink:

Your ear was looking ok when Me and my Dad spoke to you at Cowden Park this morning haha.

Back on topic, Ive no qualms about folk leaving early, it's their choice but surely 52 mins (time of third goal) is a bit early?

erin go bragh
18-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Cant remember 3 ,but remember being 2 down at the pbs in the mid 80s and Joe Mcbride scoring 2 in the last 10 mins to get a draw .

ggtth

Aldo
18-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Cant remember 3 ,but remember being 2 down at the pbs in the mid 80s and Joe Mcbride scoring 2 in the last 10 mins to get a draw .

ggtth

I was at the 2-2 game with my dad and Uncle. The wee fat one scored after 30 or so seconds MrBride scoring 2 in the last couple of minutes or so. Scored a Rasper of a free kick against them as well the season or so after.

I am sure that game was played midweek. Possibly Tues/wed... 85 or 86.