Albanian Hibs
17-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Dundee are playing like Barcelona?!

Hibercelona
This will be the winter slump kicking in then. :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
We can't blame this on players missing. We didn't have those players against Dundee utd and we managed to hold out. We should be beating teams like Dundee comfortably.

Why, do you think we have a divine right to win games?

cabbageandribs1875
17-11-2012, 03:29 PM
nearly 4 ivan on now

Westie1875
17-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Dundee are playing like Barcelona?!

We need to remember that Chic Young is prone to exaggeration

kevo1875
[/B]

We don't have a right to win any game but I would hope we would at least compete against Dundee

Hibs7
Pish, a chance to go top and extend the gap to Aberdeen and what happens ....... the usual garbage. Not the way to sell half season tickets.

danhibees1875
17-11-2012, 03:31 PM
We need to remember that Chic Young is prone to exaggeration

:agree: Does it a million times a match.

PeeJay
Hibs TV radio link to Dundee now no longer available in Berlin ... cue the mighty comeback:greengrin

Thecat23
Disagree, We shouldn't accept results like this as something that will always happen. Get beat, yes, but not this was and by this margin. Dundee have only scored 6 goals this season.

It doesn't matter where a team is or how many they have scored. In the SPL anyone is capable of beating anyone. I do think we should not lose by 3 but as long as they learn from it later on it shouldn't happen again. We're Hibs not Man U and will get beat 3-0 or whatever time to time. It's where we finish and how we recover is what I'm interested in.

trev the hat
This game is gone & bit disappointed at the two subs so far, young guys deserve to be getting on IMO

hibIBZ
17-11-2012, 03:33 PM
[/B]

see thats where we go wrong . the best teams in the world believe they will win every single game regardless of who they are playing. top v bottom should be a comfortable 3 points. thats how teams like man u go about their business

NOLA
17-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Andy Murray at the game according to Chic Young. :flag:
What a jinx murray is, not got a game of tennis to play ya **** ;(

500miles
17-11-2012, 03:34 PM
It was going to be difficult to maintain shape and consistency with a makeshift defence. In those circumstances, when things go wrong, they tend to go very wrong.
Hopefully we take this on the chin, the injured players recover, and we get back on track.

Hibercelona
17-11-2012, 03:35 PM
It doesn't matter where a team is or how many they have scored. In the SPL anyone is capable of beating anyone. I do think we should not lose by 3 but as long as they learn from it later on it shouldn't happen again. We're Hibs not Man U and will get beat 3-0 or whatever time to time. It's where we finish and how we recover is what I'm interested in.

Dundee shouldn't be beating us by any score line.

You must be taking the complete pish if you're including Dundee in the "anyone can beat anyone" statement.

They have first division players FFS.

hibIBZ
17-11-2012, 03:36 PM

You must be taking the complete pish if you're including Dundee in the "anyone can beat anyone" statement.

:agree:

Thecat23
17-11-2012, 03:36 PM
If we were going to have a bad result and a kick up the arse to not become complacent I'd rather it now than the cup game. Maybe players will see they need to work harder and realise going into games thinking its a stroll is defo the wrong attitude. I'm certain Hibs will bounce back and continue to do well, no reason to see why not.

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Think a bit of perspective is needed here. We always knew we'd have bad days. We are a work in progress. Even after this loss we will still be 2nd, and we are missing 3 players that normally start.
And although we've played poorly, it sounds like Dundee have benefitted from a couple of decisions.
Hopefully have players back next week and Fenlon will get them sorted for Aberdeen next week

Elephant Stone
17-11-2012, 03:38 PM
If we were going to have a bad result and a kick up the arse to not become complacent I'd rather it now than the cup game. Maybe players will see they need to work harder and realise going into games thinking its a stroll is defo the wrong attitude. I'm certain Hibs will bounce back and continue to do well, no reason to see why not.

Good post.

Boyle89
[/B]

No that's not what I'm saying. Obviously the team have to turn up an play the way we know they can but IMO we have a superior team to Dundee and to be losing so badly is rather annoying.

cabbageandribs1875
this so easily could have been a hammering for us by the sound of things

YehButNoBut
17-11-2012, 03:39 PM

Well said remember were we have come from, I think we have all been getting a bit carried away with Hibs recent league position.

We are going to get days like today from time to time, we are still out on our own in 2nd which is way above what we had anticipated this season. We are never good enough to win the league but still confident we can remain in the top 4 come the end of the season.

Let's not be too harsh on the team for 1 bad result, they have still done extremely well so far this season.:pfgwa

hibIBZ
i dont think perspective is needed. 4 away defeats in the league and 1 in the cup to a 2nd division team isnt really good enough. esp 2 of the defeats we havnt even competed. heres hoping it gives them a good kick up the rear and we get the right result against aberdeen next week

cabbageandribs1875
meanwhile the bbc yamboid luv-in are having a lot of fun in the studio.... ****s

Thecat23

So because they have 1st division players they have no right to beat us? Pish! So by that account no one should ever lose to a team below them? I think a few folk need to calm down and except Hibs will have games like this. I'm not happy about it but I'm not hitting the panic button because its Dundee.

Hibees07
17-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Judging by Chico Dundee could have scored 7 or 8, very worrying indeed.

Hibercelona
17-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Think a bit of perspective is needed here. We always knew we'd have bad days. We are a work in progress. Even after this loss we will still be 2nd, and we are missing 3 players that normally start.
And although we've played poorly, it sounds like Dundee have benefitted from a couple of decisions.
Hopefully have players back next week and Fenlon will get them sorted for Aberdeen next week

We're far too mellow and forgiving as a fan base.

This game is a "must win" game, regardless of where we are in the table.

Fergus52
17-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Whilst I agree the score is unacceptable, many of us appear to be developing an arrogant, hearts like attitude.

Thecat23
17-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Well said remember were we have come from, I think we have all been getting a bit carried away with Hibs recent league position.

We are going to get days like today from time to time, we are still out on our own in 2nd which is way above what we had anticipated this season. We are never good enough to win the league but still confident we can remain in the top 4 come the end of the season.

Let's not be too harsh on the team for 1 bad result, they have still done extremely well so far this season.:pfgwa

Spot on mate. Look at how well the boys have done compared to last season. They will know they have let themselves down and the fans but I'm sure we will bounce back.

scoopyboy
17-11-2012, 03:42 PM
see thats where we go wrong . the best teams in the world believe they will win every single game regardless of who they are playing. top v bottom should be a comfortable 3 points. thats how teams like man u go about their business

I'll make two points.

Why do people always compare us against Man Utd or Barcelona? Not valid comparison whatsoever.

Man Utd were top of the league last season by around 8 points and they went to Wigan and lost 1-0. A few weeks later they finished second.

YehButNoBut
BBC site stats don't make it as bad as a 3-0 should be

Possession 55% Hibs

Shots Hibs 8 Dundee 4

Corners Hibs 5 Dundee 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bet 365 have

Shots on target Hibs 6 Dundee 6
Shots of target Hibs 10 Dundee 5
Dangerous Attacks Hibs 44 Dundee 27

I know it's goals that matter, but maybe just one of these days and we move on.

Alfred E Newman
this so easily could have been a hammering for us by the sound of things

It is a hammering.

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2012, 03:43 PM
We're far too mellow and forgiving as a fan base.

This game is a "must win" game, regardless of where we are in the table.

Really? I think we're far too harsh as a fan base.

NOLA
17-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm glad you're not the manager. Especially in recent weeks, plenty teams hav come back from 2 goals down. plenty teams aren't hibs though, your iptimisim sickens me like, bet you have the xmas lights up already @_@ lol

Hibercelona
17-11-2012, 03:44 PM
So because they have 1st division players they have no right to beat us? Pish! So by that account no one should ever lose to a team below them? I think a few folk need to calm down and except Hibs will have games like this. I'm not happy about it but I'm not hitting the panic button because its Dundee.

I'm not hitting any "panic button".

But no, I don't think Dundee have any right beating us for a club of our size and resources.

Sorry if that upsets you.

Bostonhibby
17-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Hibs radio "Hibs defence have not been able to cope with Colin Nish all day" defines it as a bad day at the office for me..........Sounds like big Nishy has done some pretty good falling over and has therefore carried on where he left of with us......

Over and out for this game.............

hibIBZ
im not comparing us to man u im only using them as an example of their attitude. yes they lost to wigan and went on to lose the league and these things happen but today was about the right attitude going away to play the team bottom we shouldnt be losing by 3 goals. esp since thats 4 away league defeats which is worrying. our home form has been great and we need to transfer that to away games

hibsbollah
Judging by Chico Dundee could have scored 7 or 8, very worrying indeed.

Whats 'worrying' is that anyone could take the opinions of that cretin as accurate. Wait to get the fans views who were there.

PeeJay
17-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Griffiths scores!

cabbageandribs1875
sparky scores :greengrin 'brazilian' type goal

kevo1875
It's because of how well we have played this season that we are so disappointed at today's result...but if anyone had told me we would be lying second only a point behind Celtic I would probably laughed in their face.

Tha Cabbage Kid
nice one leigh!!!!!!!!!!!

Thecat23
17-11-2012, 03:48 PM

But no, I don't think Dundee have any right beating us for a club of our size and resources.

Doesn't upset me one bit. Personally think its funny the amount of folk going over the top.

We will bounce back, we have no right to beat anyone, dispite what you or anyone else thinks.

The Tubs
17-11-2012, 03:48 PM
This one's probably over so now it's about our mental strength next week and if we can bounce back.

Twiglet
17-11-2012, 03:49 PM
sparky scores :greengrin 'brazialian' type goal

Year! We may have lost, BUT, goal difference is important too. Could make a difference at the end of the season.

Spike Mandela
17-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Results and performances like todays are exactly why Hibs will NEVER, EVER seriously challenge for anything. We can put little runs together but whenever any expectation or pressure is put on us by fans or by media we just don't have the mental strength to deal with it. Have seen it over the years, team after team and time after time. Ho hum.:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
We played terrible.

SaulGoodman
Easy easy easy!

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-11-2012, 03:51 PM
i take it big shefki did bugger all today?
havent heard his name mentioned on the radio

hibbybrian
17-11-2012, 03:52 PM

On Hibs Radio his name was generally followed by can't :greengrin

SteveHFC

Yes

cabbageandribs1875
Year! We may have lost, BUT, goal difference is important too. Could make a difference at the end of the season.

i'm always conscious of how important our GD is during the season :agree:

euansdad
17-11-2012, 03:53 PM
One of them days I guess and just a reminder we are still a work in progress. Hopefully we will bounce back next week. Mon the Hibees!

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Results and performances like todays are exactly why Hibs will NEVER, EVER seriously challenge for anything. We can put little runs together but whenever any expectation or pressure is put on us by fans or by media we just don't have the mental strength to deal with it. Have seen it over the years, team after team and time after time. Ho hum.:rolleyes:

so true. i said to myself i could almost put my house on a defeat today due to hibs thinking they are better than dundee. great teams rarely make this mistake. mediocre teams do it regularly.

Franck Stanton
17-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Ach well, it's no the end of the world, with Capt fantastic, Clancy and perhaps even Deegan back for next week, should be a different team. Lets put it down to a bad day at the office and not over-react. It is Hibs we are talking about here, are we really surprised ? We now need to show some resiliance and win next week, big ask, but do-able.

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-11-2012, 03:55 PM
One of them days I guess and just a reminder we are still a work in progress. Hopefully we will bounce back next week. Mon the Hibees!

we are a work in progress. so i hope one day this wont be a ragular occurance

YehButNoBut
17-11-2012, 03:56 PM
League table after today, bad result today but let's face it we would never have believed it would look like this at the end of November, still out on our own in 2nd. :thumbsup:

Position

Team

Played

Goal
Difference

View full
table (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premier/table)

Moving up 1

Celtic (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic)

Moving down 2

Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

No Movement 3

Aberdeen (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aberdeen)

Moving up 4

St Johnstone (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-johnstone)

Moving down 5

Inverness
CT (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/inverness-caledonian-thistle)

Moving down 6

Kilmarnock (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/kilmarnock)

Moving up 7

Hearts (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian)

Moving down 8

Motherwell (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/motherwell)

Moving down 9

Dundee Utd (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/dundee-united)

Moving down 10

Ross County (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ross-county)

No Movement 11

St Mirren (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-mirren)

No Movement 12

Dundee (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/dundee)

Hibs7
17-11-2012, 03:56 PM

If they can't get themselves up for a chance to go top of the league and 6 points ahead of 3rd place, then I don't hold out much hope for a result against a better team

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-11-2012, 03:57 PM
was the ball over the line for thier second goal?
and was it a stone wall penalty for their third?

flash
17-11-2012, 03:58 PM

What upsets me is your moronic suggestion that the bigger club should always win.

Onion
17-11-2012, 03:58 PM

:agree: This season was always going to be bumpy. Hibs are still recovering from 2 hellish years and there's little between the SPL teams, other than Celtic when they can be arsed. Fenlon has Hibs going in the right direction and will sort them out for next week.

euansdad
17-11-2012, 03:59 PM
So you don't think results like this happen? What's more the table only tells half the story. Yes, they are bottom but they have improved the last few weeks

scoopyboy
17-11-2012, 04:00 PM
If they can't get themselves up for a chance to go top of the league and 6 points ahead of 3rd place, then I don't hold out much hope for a result against a better team

Have you considered they were up for it but were simply outplayed?

flash
17-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Yeah because we haven't beaten anyone else this season.

Hibercelona

Theres no excuse for losing a game like this.

Yes, we're punishing above our weight, but today shouldn't have been any different, especially against bottom of the league opposition.

Hibs7
Have you considered they were up for it but were simply outplayed?

Find that hard to believe, if they were then something seriously wrong.

Keith_M
17-11-2012, 04:02 PM
was the ball over the line for thier second goal?
and was it a stone wall penalty for their third?

If we think back to last week (offside given for legitimate goal) and against Motherwell (over the line but not given), then maybe the breaks DO even out over a season.

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-11-2012, 04:03 PM
On Hibs Radio his name was generally followed by can't :greengrin

story of his hibs career so far brian

Hibercelona
17-11-2012, 04:03 PM
What upsets me is your moronic suggestion that the bigger club should always win.

I can accept that we'll have "off days" every now and then. What gets to me is the manner that we lose these kind of games.

They said that Dundee looked like Barcelona. Well thats not because they are Barcelona, but because we made them look like they were.

Stevie Reid
17-11-2012, 04:04 PM
According to BBC we had 62% possession, 7 corners, 12 shots on goal and 5 on target - Dundee had 3 shots on target. I wasn't there but the stats suggest we weren't that bad. I know stats are far from the whole story though.

Regardless, we have been missing some important players and are still in a great position, with none of the teams around us making significant gains on us.

LeighLoyal
17-11-2012, 04:04 PM
The stats on BBC say we had most of the game. 62% vs 38% possession and 12 shots on goal vs 5. Shocking result though. That's the sort of place we have to grind out a win to put in any kind of challenge.

Alfred E Newman
17-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Exactly. I have followed Hibs for long enough now not to be surprised by today's defeat. The only thing that you can guarantee about Hibs is that ,just when you thing we are getting somewhere, they will let you down.

Elephant Stone
17-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Exactly. I have followed Hibs for long enough now not to be surprised by today's defeat. The only thing that you can guarantee about Hibs is that ,just when you thing we are getting somewhere, they will let you down.

We are somewhere, we're a point off the top of the league. There are going to be slip ups over the course of the season, for all teams. Christ Almighty!

scoopyboy
17-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Find that hard to believe, if they were then something seriously wrong.

I think that is being disrespectful to Dundee.

In any sport simply "being up for it" doesn't guarantee a result.

Hibs aren't that good that we can beat teams simply by being up for it.

Not directed at you Hibs7 but this board has amazing peaks and troughs, we are world beaters when we win a game but on suicide watch when we lose. A more middle of the road approach would be better all round.

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-11-2012, 04:09 PM
The stats on BBC say we had most of the game. 62% vs 38% possession and 12 shots on goal vs 5. Shocking result though. That's the sort of place we have to grind out a win to put in any kind of challenge.

aye. thats how smeltic are normally about 20 point clear at the end of a season.

Hibs7
17-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Not directed at you Hibs7 but this board has amazing peaks and troughs, we are world beaters when we win a game but on suicide watch when we lose. A more middle of the road approach would be better all round.

A lot of truth there but Hibs have been playing well, will wait to see what PF says.

Stevie Reid
17-11-2012, 04:10 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself, Scoopy - very disappointing result but the eagerness of so many posters to immediately hammer the team is far more depressing.

I had hoped that a lot of posters may have gained some sense of perspective after the horrendous times we have had, but sadly not.

flash
17-11-2012, 04:11 PM
The usual suspects revelling in a bad result.

Leishy1995
17-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Nightmare result to see

Hibercelona
17-11-2012, 04:12 PM
The usual suspects revelling in a bad result.

Imagine wanting Hibs to get a result.

How very dare they.

TheEastTerrace
17-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Hibs lost the game because they were sloppy. Some heads switched off and Dindee took their chances. Simple.

Missed McPake hugely today

hibIBZ
17-11-2012, 04:14 PM
very disappointing result. highlights the lack of depth in our squad. we need to work harder away from home to grind out results and must take our chances. we allowed them to get going at the start when we should of been getting at tehm from the outset

Elephant Stone
17-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Imagine wanting Hibs to get a result.

How very dare they.

Do you know what revelling means?

TomoHFC
17-11-2012, 04:15 PM
how come we always perform at ER but sometimes never away?:confused:

HFC 0-7
17-11-2012, 04:16 PM

If we want to kick on we need to build on results, not make excuses for our failings, we had player missing against utd last week and the first half was as good as we have played all season. Managers talk about momentum, well we mucked that right up as we now have to pick it all up again in the next couple of games. Playing Dundee today should be the type of games we should be winning after coming through a couple of difficult ones. I am not saying that we should go sacking the manager but I don't think we should be accepting these type of results, and I don't think the manager would be saying much different.

Golden Bear
17-11-2012, 04:18 PM
The "outstanding" result of the afternoon according to Sportsound.

They just really love to rub it in.

:fuming:

Spike Mandela
17-11-2012, 04:20 PM

Had to be. At start of day we were top and they were bottom.:cb

Aldo
17-11-2012, 04:21 PM

Bunch of ****ers. Always have been and always will be anti Hibs

Stevie Reid
17-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Just checked in with my mate who was at the game - said it was a strange one, we played fine but Dundee were up for it and we defended poorly. These things happen, especially when you are without 50% of your best back four.

As I said earlier this week, we've had to change the defence 6 times in 14 games, which is a lot, and Clancy and McPake are big misses.

Golden Bear
17-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Had to be. At start of day we were top and they were bottom.:cb

It's the context of "outstanding." The Beeb bassas meant it as "brilliant" as opposed to wow that was totally unexpected.

JollyGreenGiant
17-11-2012, 04:24 PM
On my way home from Dundee & obviously disappointed with the result, we just didn't turn up.

But a couple of crucial decisions which turned the game: was Dundee goal over the line - I watched the linesmans reaction and it didnt look like he knew! The penalty - looked like a total swan dive from Nish to me.

But we cant really complain with the result.

GGTTH

NorthNorfolkHFC
17-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Was at the game today. Terrible result, Hibs just didn't look up for it at any point today.
Griffiths wasn't great. Cairney hardly seen the ball and Claros seemed like his headband was obscuring his vision!!!

All in all bad 3 points lost but maybe a kick up the arse needed before Aberdeen!

Jones28
17-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Staying well clear of sport sound, getting totally sick of their anti Hibs pish

hibeedonald
17-11-2012, 04:28 PM
We were awful today, yet 3-1 a little harsh, with all 3 shots on target they had going in. We also had 62% possession and 12 shots. Pretty sure we will bounce back at ER this weekend, game should be a cracker, all in all I would simply class today as a bad day at the office!

Sudds_1
17-11-2012, 04:36 PM
how come we always perform at ER but sometimes never away?:confused:

:rolleyes: rewind to last few seasons.............wouldn;t say we performed anywhere!......

..... this is to be expected as we start the process of recovery. Good days and bad days.....its the way it is. Don't forget Celtc fell down last week after one of their best ever european results. So it happens to us all, No big deal - and we're still safe in second. Remember too, Dundee have their very SPL existence to fight for so we shouldn't ever have thought they were pushovers.

Just a blip,,,,,,,,,,many more to come (and not just for us). Team is showing real signs of quality and belief. That for me is the most important thing. Optimism based on how we have done this year, not pessimism after one bad result.

Next week will be different. I'm sure of that...........

.....andf remember we're not THEM . We have a future. :agree:

Alfred E Newman
17-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I think the fact that today was a great chance to really cement our place in the top two with Aberdeen losing makes it more disappointing. We were away to the worst team in the league and backed by a bigger than normal support but as is usual with the Hibs we don't just lose we are hammered.
We all know we have been carrying a lot of luck in recent weeks but that doesn't make todays result any less disappointing.
Let's hope the players make up for it next week .

Feed McGraw
17-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I think that after results like this people get annoyed because they feel it`s typical Hibs, they are not just annoyed at the present team, but feel this is what Hibs always do, no matter what era or how good or bad our players are, Hibs will ultimately let the fans down one way or the other with results like todays.

Personally, I think we will have a decent season and qualify for Europe, but totally understand the reaction from some folks because, sadly, today`s result was so predictably Hibs.

Hibs7
17-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Honest comments from PF, Hibs had an off day but praises Dundee for their commitment and performance, no sour grapes like some other managers.

Franck Stanton
17-11-2012, 05:13 PM
On my way home from Dundee & obviously disappointed with the result, we just didn't turn up.

But a couple of crucial decisions which turned the game: was Dundee goal over the line - I watched the linesmans reaction and it didnt look like he knew! The penalty - looked like a total swan dive from Nish to me.

But we cant really complain with the result.

GGTTH

From the sound of it, seems karma from the Motherwell game, [ "goal" that didn't cross the line , penalty that wasn't ] , well, thats it paid back now. Next weeks game v Aberdeen now looking even more important to us [if thats possible]. Really dont want to be going into the s/c tie after a few defeats.

cabbageandribs1875
17-11-2012, 05:26 PM

if the two teams swapped positions and we humped dundee at ER would that description be appropriate then ? i'm thinking that 'outstanding' is actually giving hibs credit surely :dunno:

Stevie Reid
17-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Last four fixtures: -

Motherwell (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee Utd (H)
Dundee (A)

I would have reckoned that before that run most folk would have gladly accepted 8 points, with say draws against Motherwell and Utd and wins in the other two. We have taken 9 points. As the season goes on we will have days when individual players and the team don't play well, it happens. We are very much an improving work in progress though.

Our 14th game of last season was Calderwood's last, when we lost 1-0 at home to bottom club Dunfermline. We had 13 points, 11 less than we do now. Incidentally, this is our 4th league defeat - when did we lose our 4th league game last year? In our 5th game.

If we are to keep improving we need to maintain the levels of support that we have provided the team thus far, and not go way over the top at the odd disappointment.

MrSmith
17-11-2012, 05:29 PM

Call the phone in and start asking questions about Jimmy Saville! They'll soon shut up! From the inner sanctumn of the Beeb in Scotland ... no one is allowed to mention the name nevermind talk about it!

lucky
17-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Just checked in with my mate who was at the game - said it was a strange one, we played fine but Dundee were up for it and we defended poorly. These things happen, especially when you are without 50% of your best back four.

As I said earlier this week, we've had to change the defence 6 times in 14 games, which is a lot, and Clancy and McPake are big misses.

I'm just in from the game and got agree with the above

Sir David Gray
17-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Really disappointed with that today.

It was a great chance to go back top of the league and to go 6 points clear of Aberdeen but we just didn't seem up for it for whatever reason.

Fair play to Dundee, though, they were committed, dominant and really deserved their win. I'll have to see the second goal again to see if it was over the line or not and it looked a clear dive for the penalty but we didn't deserve anything at all today.

The_Sauz
17-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I did have a bad feeling about today, because Dundee are not as bad as their league position tell us. They came in the SPL very late and had no time to bring in players, and no time to organize themselves! They have been a bit unlucky over the season, but now they have started to find their feet, I reckon they will win a few more game against the so-called bigger teams.
Hibs will never win the league with the squad of players we have, not saying they are crap, but just that we are down to the bare minimum of experience players with TC JM & GD all out with injuries. Also our prep for the game would have been hampered with the 2 players away on International duty and one coming back with a knock.

Pat told us that we will hit a few blips along the way and that we should remain focused when they do and to not let our heads drop.
Remember we got beat 3-0 with Dundee Utd at the start of the season....everybody including some Hibs fans, had us down playing in the first division next season! let do what we did back then....stick together and prove the doubters wrong, and were are Hibernian FC and we will fight to the very end. :aok:

coco22
17-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Last four fixtures: -

Motherwell (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee Utd (H)
Dundee (A)

I would have reckoned that before that run most folk would have gladly accepted 8 points, with say draws against Motherwell and Utd and wins in the other two. We have taken 9 points. As the season goes on we will have days when individual players and the team don't play well, it happens. We are very much an improving work in progress though.

Our 14th game of last season was Calderwood's last, when we lost 1-0 at home to bottom club Dunfermline. We had 13 points, 11 less than we do now. Incidentally, this is our 4th league defeat - when did we lose our 4th league game last year? In our 5th game.

If we are to keep improving we need to maintain the levels of support that we have provided the team thus far, and not go way over the top at the odd disappointment.

Good, level headed reaction.

9points from 12 would have been accepted before these fixtures. A sense of realism that we are not going to perform well / get the rub of the green / rely on our top guys every week. We will come good again with a few disappointing results along the way, surely.

will be interesting to see the reaction of the players next week - I think this will rattle them back into action, necessary for the dons.

sh00byd00
17-11-2012, 05:55 PM
From all the reports i've heard we actually played ok (not good, but ok). Some people are banging on like we should be the only club in world football that are unbeatable. This **** happens and barring a 20 game losing streak, the players and coaching staff have been fabulous this season and should be proud of themselves..

DaveF
17-11-2012, 05:57 PM
From all the reports i've heard we actually played ok (not good, but ok). Some people are banging on like we should be the only club in world football that are unbeatable. This **** happens and barring a 20 game losing streak, the players and coaching staff have been fabulous this season.

Eh, no I beg to disagree. We were honking and Dundee fully deserved their win as they wanted it more.

No need for wholesale panic - It was a very bad day - but no way did we play 'OK'.

sh00byd00
17-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Eh, no I beg to disagree. We were honking and Dundee fully deserved their win as they wanted it more.

No need for wholesale panic - It was a very bad day - but no way did we play 'OK'.

Well, like i said, i've only heard it from others as i wasn't at the game nor did i listen to it any where. Even if that's the case, every club has its very bad days. Some people are waaaay over reacting. If someone had told us we were going to be switching between 1st and 2nd, last season, after 14 games this season we'd have laughed them out of town.

Stuarty27
17-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Just back from the game today, haven't heard Fenlons interview but I hope he apologised to the fans who travelled thru in great numbers today.

That was awful from start to finish, but the decision to bring off Doyle for Kuqi with 40mins to go I can't accept. This guy is absolutely hopeless and is so far off the pace it's unreal! Total wage thief! Worst striker we have ever had IMO. Makes Hurtado look like Robin Van Persie! Whats worse is we have two young guys on the bench who run til they drop, I'd much rather see them on the park than that statue!

Raging!

sambajustice
17-11-2012, 06:12 PM
LOL, no! Sorry, just thought i'd be the first to give it a typical over-reaction!! :greengrin

I might retract my original retraction now!!! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
17-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Just back from the game today, haven't heard Fenlons interview but I hope he apologised to the fans who travelled thru in great numbers today.

That was awful from start to finish, but the decision to bring off Doyle for Kuqi with 40mins to go I can't accept. This guy is absolutely hopeless and is so far off the pace it's unreal! Total wage thief! Worst striker we have ever had IMO. Makes Hurtado look like Robin Van Persie! Whats worse is we have two young guys on the bench who run til they drop, I'd much rather see them on the park than that statue!

Raging!

the kookie munster really was/is quite a strange signing, i'm thinking he has a very very good agent :wink:

thebakerboy
17-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Thought it was just one of those days when it just was not going to happen. Until his goal virtually nothing Sparky tried worked. the same can be said for last weeks MOM wee Paul tried his heart out and virtually nothing came off. Jorge 's bang on the head seemed to knock the stuffing out of him , Ryan McGivern didn't look like the player he was last week (wee knock with NI team I think). Also thought Doyle had a poor game and maybe Handling or Caldwel might have been better subs than Kuci. Also think Stanton would have been a better sub for Jorge than Ivan whose name is now Wan according to Dundee team sheets. All in all a bad day at the office but the wife and daughter enjoyed there afternoon at The Overgate so it wasn't all bad . GGGGGGGRRRRRRR

Hiber-nation
17-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, like i said, i've only heard it from others as i wasn't at the game nor did i listen to it any where. Even if that's the case, every club has its very bad days. Some people are waaaay over reacting. If someone had told us we were going to be switching between 1st and 2nd, last season, after 14 games this season we'd have laughed them out of town.

Possession was 62% to 38% in our favour which is better than we've had in any game this season so its not all doom and gloom. Problem is that most of it was when we were 3 down. The defending was as bad as I've ever seen.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2012, 06:25 PM
We were really sluggish Today, and nothing seemed to go well from the off....

Bad day at the office, but need a big reaction next week.....These things happen, usual hyperbole from some on here though:rolleyes:

Monopolyguy
17-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Disappointing result, but we're still doing better than expected in the league this year. I hope this result serves as a kick up the arse to the team and we learn from it. Still a long way to go.

StarMan10
17-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Not long back. We played very poorly first half and carried that on into the start of the second. Their 2nd goal took ages to be given and for the penalty, will have to see a replay as Williams and co were going mental at Nish for going down. They just sat back and we just past it from wing to wing but couldnt get anywhere in the final third. Thought Mcgivern was a shadow of the player he was last week (dont know if he was still carrying an injury) and nothing seemed to be working for Griffiths at all until his goal. Big support left disappointed but hoping that is just a blip.

Oh and Kuqi is *****.

Billy
17-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Picture of the away support on Twitter :flag:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A76VaMzCcAAN4Q3.jpg:large

The crowd was bigger than that picture. I took that pic 15 mins before kick off. The empty section on the right started to fill up pretty quickly thereafter.

euansdad
17-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Reaction next week. Big game, I'm sure they will be up for it

Billy Whizz
17-11-2012, 07:37 PM
The crowd was bigger than that picture. I took that pic 15 mins before kick off. The empty section on the right started to fill up pretty quickly thereafter.

Have you got another one taken at KO? What does this this stand hold?

Billy
17-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Didn't take one at kick off as I was in work mode by then.

Paisley Hibby
17-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Thought it was just one of those days when it just was not going to happen. Until his goal virtually nothing Sparky tried worked. the same can be said for last weeks MOM wee Paul tried his heart out and virtually nothing came off. Jorge 's bang on the head seemed to knock the stuffing out of him , Ryan McGivern didn't look like the player he was last week (wee knock with NI team I think). Also thought Doyle had a poor game and maybe Handling or Caldwel might have been better subs than Kuci. Also think Stanton would have been a better sub for Jorge than Ivan whose name is now Wan according to Dundee team sheets. All in all a bad day at the office but the wife and daughter enjoyed there afternoon at The Overgate so it wasn't all bad . GGGGGGGRRRRRRR

I agree with what you say. However, I would add that Dundee played it exactly right, Straight from the kick off in both halfs they were in our faces fighting for every ball. Our players just could not handle it which is disappointing as Dundee looked nothing great. Agree with you about Claros, before his knock he was the one player in our midfield who was doing well but when he got that knock he should have been replaced straight away.

Billy Whizz
17-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Didn't take one at kick off as I was in work mode by then.

Taking photos for Hibs is work😄

Speedway
17-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Most of the last 13 pages is written by R. Swipe.

- The BBC aren't anti-Hibs. When bottom beats top, they are going to feature it and if bottom ever beats Celtic then they will play it down because they are a commercial radio station whether they admit it or not and they're not going to pee-off the VAST majority of their listeners.

- Hibs played this way for a number of our victories and the opposing teams didn't take their chances to beat us. This time one did and we got humped.

- This is not the end of the good times just like the wins weren't the end of the bad times.

- A defeat must do wonders for Hibs.Net advertisers as the traffic to the site swells nicely.

- For those suggestions of 'we bring a big support and Hibs do this to us - typical'. Well, big teams take a big support everywhere, every week, especially to their own stadium. We brought an extra few hundred....hold the phone.....MASSIVE club alert.

- Well played Dundee who didn't create what we created but took their chances and deserved the win.

- Kenny Shiels is a plum, that I'll give you.

Rasta_Hibs
17-11-2012, 08:15 PM
McPake hopefully back next week. We are missing three of our best player. It's only one defeat. Lets see how we react next week. Should get 13/14, 000 at the done game next week I would think. Hopefully kick on again from there.

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Question. How many minutes has Kuqi played in the hibs first team?
This is a guy that scored 1 in 4 last season in league 1, and was signed by Newcastle the season before. He has hardly kicked a ball in months, and is lacking a lot of match fitness. He looked strong as an ox last week but very clumsy. We'll see what happens with him. I don't think we'll be extending any deal but he was brought in for a reason.

FranckSuzy
17-11-2012, 09:00 PM

Theres no excuse for losing a game like this.

Yes, we're punishing above our weight, but today shouldn't have been any different, especially against bottom of the league opposition.

Should it not be :take that? :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
17-11-2012, 09:06 PM
**** boo!!!!!!

allezsauzee
17-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Is it not time for a 'It's all Lewis Stevenson's fault' thread? :rolleyes:

green glory
17-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Is it not time for a 'It's all Lewis Stevenson's fault' thread? :rolleyes:

Ok. No seriously, next week McPake and Clancy back with McGivern moving back to LB. Hanlon was dismal today, he clearly still needs babysat by McPake. Will be fine.

northseahibby
17-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Same old....hibs Aberdeen ..few good results being the crowds back to see what they have been missing...kaboooom .... It's what we do !!!!!

carnoustiehibee
17-11-2012, 09:51 PM
We just didn't turn up today. Most fans thought we would win easy and it looks like the players did aswell.

Riley gave maybury and Stevenson alot of problems and Hanlon made nish look good .

Biggest moan from me tho was again the cost to get in.woulda had to pay £60 for me the wife and 2 kids under 6 if I didn't push them thro.

Well be back, get the bad performance out the way before Aberdeen and jambos game

bingo70
17-11-2012, 09:55 PM
We just didn't turn up today. Most fans thought we would win easy and it looks like the players did aswell.

Riley gave maybury and Stevenson alot of problems and Hanlon made nish look good .

Biggest moan from me tho was again the cost to get in.woulda had to pay £60 for me the wife and 2 kids under 6 if I didn't push them thro.

Well be back, get the bad performance out the way before Aberdeen and jambos game

Stop being such an old romantic and tell the wife to pay for herself then, its 2012 for gods sake man!

carnoustiehibee
17-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Stop being such an old romantic and tell the wife to pay for herself then, its 2012 for gods sake man!

Sorry missed out the "she" before woulda had to pay.

euansdad
17-11-2012, 10:51 PM
It happens and if anybody thought we could turn it completely around after last season then it was unrealistic. For me. It's a sign of progress we are so disappointed with this and the level of expectation has been raised

cabbageandribs1875
18-11-2012, 12:08 AM

down-the-slope
18-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Most of the last 13 pages is written by R. Swipe.

- The BBC aren't anti-Hibs. When bottom beats top, they are going to feature it and if bottom ever beats Celtic then they will play it down because they are a commercial radio station whether they admit it or not and they're not going to pee-off the VAST majority of their listeners.

- Hibs played this way for a number of our victories and the opposing teams didn't take their chances to beat us. This time one did and we got humped.

- This is not the end of the good times just like the wins weren't the end of the bad times.

- A defeat must do wonders for Hibs.Net advertisers as the traffic to the site swells nicely.

- For those suggestions of 'we bring a big support and Hibs do this to us - typical'. Well, big teams take a big support everywhere, every week, especially to their own stadium. We brought an extra few hundred....hold the phone.....MASSIVE club alert.

- Well played Dundee who didn't create what we created but took their chances and deserved the win.

- Kenny Shiels is a plum, that I'll give you.

And you missed how we bought the jackpot ticket for Well match....

neither that game or this will be the typical - there is very little between most of the SPL which is why its been a very interesting season - actually not having one team cut adrift early on will help that as all have things to play for so we will see lots of exciting tight matches with attitude / ref decisions / injuries / ability to deal in Jan window all having more influence than usual....

Loving this season :greengrin