PDA

View Full Version : BBC Alba SPL TV Deal

macca70
16-11-2012, 10:42 PM
New deal agreed between SPL and BBC Alba to show live games.

1st live game to be Inverness v Ross County on 2nd Jan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-20362974

davemcbain
16-11-2012, 11:08 PM

Superb news - bbc alba is the best thing to happen to Scottish football in years. Doubt its intentional, but them getting most of the games that don't involve the infirm, means they get the games that I'd like to see. Long may they reign.

Plus the gaelic commentary beats anything sky have by a mile.

hibee_nation
16-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Superb news - bbc alba is the best thing to happen to Scottish football in years. Doubt its intentional, but them getting most of the games that don't involve the infirm, means they get the games that I'd like to see. Long may they reign.

On the downside i hear Billy Dodds is attempting Gaelic lessons at night school. :doh::clown:

macca70
16-11-2012, 11:50 PM
On the downside i hear Billy Dodds is attempting Gaelic lessons at night school. :doh::clown:

I'd rather listen to Gaelic commentary than listen to Craig Burley on ESPN.

The full Hertz v St Mirren is on at 5.30pm, quite good if you can manage to avoid the result then watch it as Live.

givescotlandfreedom
17-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Don't Hearts have some sort of issue wIth St Mirren? I've no idea why and am desperate to know.

macca70
17-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Don't Hearts have some sort of issue wIth St Mirren? I've no idea why and am desperate to know.

I think they MITRE done but I'm sure there now over it.

brydekirk
17-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Davemcbain, good post mate. Ggtth

lord bunberry
17-11-2012, 02:46 AM

I heard they refer to st mirren as st liedown I've no idea why

euansdad
17-11-2012, 05:03 AM
Don't mind listening to the Gaelic at all. Wish I could have learnt it actually but there ye go. Beats listening to the *****y football commentators on the main channels

GordonHFC
17-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Bottledit of Midlothian v St Liedown :thumbsup:

theonlywayisup
17-11-2012, 06:03 AM

Great news. I enjoy watching the Alba games whilst cooking tea. But always wonder why they keep saying "jack-in-the-box".

ICT - County game will be a cracker to watch and interesting that it is live at the same time as three other SPL games.

HiBremian
17-11-2012, 06:58 AM

:agree

A great way to learn ugly sisters-free gaelic. Already know that "nil" is "nonnie" :-)

theonlywayisup
17-11-2012, 07:14 AM
:agree

A great way to learn ugly sisters-free gaelic. Already know that "nil" is "nonnie" :-)

From watching gaelic news after the BBC news, I always remember feashar math (pronouncedfesker mah​) means Good Afternoon. I hope it is a good one today.

R'Albin
17-11-2012, 08:11 AM
I thought the rule would be that no games between 3-445 on a Saturday could be televised, but you can just televise games at 305? Seems a little pointless :confused:

jdships
17-11-2012, 09:11 AM

:thumbsup::agree:

Great channel also for good interesting programme's even if I can't speak a word of Gaelic :greengrin
Well done

Purple & Green
17-11-2012, 09:58 AM
The commentary is fab "hoy de hoy de hoy mixu paatelainen getting sacked hoy de hoy de hoy"