PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon?

St.Kristopher
16-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Noticed a few people making comments like: "what happened to armageddon?" or "don't you just love armageddon?"

Just wondering the used this first to describe the downfall of rangers?

SMAXXA
16-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Noticed a few people making comments like: "what happened to armageddon?" or "don't you just love armageddon?"

Just wondering the used this first to describe the downfall of rangers?

Doncaster and Regan I believe

Jonnyboy
16-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Doncaster and Regan I believe

Think it was only Regan but that doesn't mean Doncaster was blameless in terms of the kind of language used :agree:

SMAXXA
16-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Think it was only Regan but that doesn't mean Doncaster was blameless in terms of the kind of language used :agree:

Think your right, im just hlad they were right and we have powers at be so intouch to lead our nation forward

Bring on tomorrow a relegation battle at dens park

St.Kristopher
16-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Anyone got the quote?

Jonnyboy
16-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Keeny Shiels "Willo Flood told out and out lies"

FFS he's paranoid this guy

SMAXXA
16-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Anyone got the quote?

Google it ya lazy bassa :greengrin

Sir David Gray
16-11-2012, 09:03 PM

It was definitely Stewart Regan who made the armageddon comment with regards to Rangers' demise.

It was a scandalous comment which should have brought about his resignation a short while later but unfortunately, given the media we have in this country, it was a comment that suited their agenda so he was allowed to get away with it largely unscathed.

Utterly pathetic.

Jonnyboy
16-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Bloody hell now he's saying United players were diving to get pens!

SMAXXA
16-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Bloody hell now he's saying United players were diving to get pens!

Best away support in Scotlanmd now outside the old firm, all 400 and odd if them tonight haha hes lost the plot

The_Sauz
16-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I hope they are having a bucket collection at the gate to help both teams with all their debts! They could also a few cake stalls with a 50/50 split going to help them pay taxes, and what about some soup stall's....it will be cold for the few hundred fans that will go!

Oh how we miss Rangers

:fibber:

Jonnyboy
16-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Best away support in Scotlanmd now outside the old firm, all 400 and odd if them tonight haha hes lost the plot

The guy is an embarrassment. His interview described as "an adventure" when in fact the guys covering the game for the BBC should be criticising him for being totally unprofessional.

Not many folk outside the OF and Hertz that I dislike but that buffoon is on my list :greengrin

St.Kristopher
16-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Google it ya lazy bassa :greengrin

Since my butler Jeaves gave up his site, I have resorted to hibs.net minions to answer all my questions. If he stops turning down my bed I will have to resort to beds.net to find out what to do.

DAVE1875
16-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Really good film, really enjoy it every time I watch it

SMAXXA
16-11-2012, 09:11 PM
since my butler jeaves gave up his site, i have resorted to hibs.net minions to answer all my questions. If he stops turning down my bed i will have to resort to beds.net to find out what to do.

:lol:

tamig
16-11-2012, 09:24 PM
The guy is an embarrassment. His interview described as "an adventure" when in fact the guys covering the game for the BBC should be criticising him for being totally unprofessional.

Not many folk outside the OF and Hertz that I dislike but that buffoon is on my list :greengrin

Sorry jonnyboy but what has Kenny Shiels got to do with armageddon, Regan & co? You on the right thread?

Jonnyboy
16-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Sorry jonnyboy but what has Kenny Shiels got to do with armageddon, Regan & co? You on the right thread?

No sure as I posted this before the other thread was started :greengrin Posted it in the context of folk saying daft things

tamig
16-11-2012, 09:32 PM
No sure as I posted this before the other thread was started :greengrin Posted it in the context of folk saying daft things

Ah right got you. Shiels has certainly come out with a few corkers tonight.:agree:

The_Sauz
16-11-2012, 09:50 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-20362974

New TV deal on Scottish football http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64194000/jpg/_64194269_caleyjags_pa.jpg The first live game will feature Ross County against Inverness
The Scottish Premier League and BBC Alba have announced a new two-year deal to continue coverage of matches on the Gaelic TV channel.
It will see Clydesdale Bank Premier League games broadcast live on BBC Alba for the first time.
Three live matches will be shown this season and three more during the 2013-14 season.
Delayed full match coverage of a further 35 games per season will be shown at 17:30 on Saturdays.
BBC Alba's previous deal was for delayed match coverage only.
The first live game will be Ross County versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle on 2 January with kick off at 15:05.
Commentary for the games will be in Gaelic.
Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPL, said he was delighted with the new deal.
He said: "This new partnership will allow us to reach far and wide into new audiences and communities across Scotland.
"The SPL already has two live television deals in place with Sky Sports and ESPN.
"We look forward to growing our relationship with BBC Alba to promote Clydesdale Bank Premier League football, and the Gaelic language, even further over the next two seasons."
Alan Esslemont, head of content for BBC Alba, added: "The Clydesdale Bank Premier League continues to be hugely popular with fans across the country.
"We are delighted to be able to return live Clydesdale Bank Premier League football to free-to-air television throughout Scotland and the UK for this first time since 2004."

The end is Nigh

Sir David Gray
16-11-2012, 09:54 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-20362974

New TV deal on Scottish football http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64194000/jpg/_64194269_caleyjags_pa.jpg The first live game will feature Ross County against Inverness
The Scottish Premier League and BBC Alba have announced a new two-year deal to continue coverage of matches on the Gaelic TV channel.
It will see Clydesdale Bank Premier League games broadcast live on BBC Alba for the first time.
Three live matches will be shown this season and three more during the 2013-14 season.
Delayed full match coverage of a further 35 games per season will be shown at 17:30 on Saturdays.
BBC Alba's previous deal was for delayed match coverage only.
The first live game will be Ross County versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle on 2 January with kick off at 15:05.
Commentary for the games will be in Gaelic.
Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPL, said he was delighted with the new deal.
He said: "This new partnership will allow us to reach far and wide into new audiences and communities across Scotland.
"The SPL already has two live television deals in place with Sky Sports and ESPN.
"We look forward to growing our relationship with BBC Alba to promote Clydesdale Bank Premier League football, and the Gaelic language, even further over the next two seasons."
Alan Esslemont, head of content for BBC Alba, added: "The Clydesdale Bank Premier League continues to be hugely popular with fans across the country.
"We are delighted to be able to return live Clydesdale Bank Premier League football to free-to-air television throughout Scotland and the UK for this first time since 2004."

The end is Nigh

Why, oh why can't we have an English option for the commentaries on BBC Alba? :dunno:

It's nuts that we'll be having games broadcast live in a language that only 1% of the population actually understands.

Although if they're going to broadcast any games in Gaelic, I suppose Inverness v Ross County makes the most sense.

Vini1875
16-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Why, oh why can't we have an English option for the commentaries on BBC Alba? :dunno:

It's nuts that we'll be having games broadcast live in a language that only 1% of the population actually understands.

Although if they're going to broadcast any games in Gaelic, I suppose Inverness v Ross County makes the most sense.

Why oh why would a Gaelic broadcaster, put out programmes in English? Their remit is to increase interest in the Gaelic language and culture.

Anyway good news that there is more money coming into the SPL. The huns are still predicting armageddon much like the guys with sandwich boards proclaiming the end is nigh.

Eyrie
16-11-2012, 10:17 PM

Few commentators are worth listening to, so what difference does it make if they are using a different language?

St.Kristopher
16-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Did someone say highjack!

I think even though no one has answered my original question, I should just call you all nazi's and call this a wrap.

Good night and good luck.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-11-2012, 10:23 PM
I once asked Jeeves why I had such a wee boaby. True story.

The_Sauz
16-11-2012, 10:32 PM

I think even though no one has answered my original question, I should just call you all nazi's and call this a wrap.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2172826/SFL-set-vote-Rangers-Third-Division.html

The_Sauz
16-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I once asked Jeeves why I had such a wee boaby. True story.

and...

Sir David Gray
16-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Why oh why would a Gaelic broadcaster, put out programmes in English? Their remit is to increase interest in the Gaelic language and culture.

Anyway good news that there is more money coming into the SPL. The huns are still predicting armageddon much like the guys with sandwich boards proclaiming the end is nigh.

The S4C Welsh language channel quite often has an English alternative on its programmes and there's a lot more Welsh language speakers in Wales than there are Gaelic speakers in Scotland.

LamontHFC©
16-11-2012, 11:10 PM
This thread is confusing as sausages!

givescotlandfreedom
17-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Few commentators are worth listening to, so what difference does it make if they are using a different language?

I'd rather listen to a foaming at the mouth madman speaking Swahili for my entire life than 90 minutes of Rob MacLean.

lord bunberry
17-11-2012, 02:51 AM
I'd rather listen to a foaming at the mouth madman speaking Swahili for my entire life than 90 minutes of Rob MacLean.

Are you referring to alan preston

SkintHibby
17-11-2012, 03:48 AM

...or Craig Burley.

HiBremian
17-11-2012, 07:05 AM

.......commentating at an OF match?

Now that really is armageddon ;-)

Jim44
17-11-2012, 07:18 AM

Did I hear you just say - Armageddon out of here...... :-)