PDA

View Full Version : Jambo sympathisers

vla_di_vla
15-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Just noticed that City Cabs are donating to the lost cause so i personally will be using other more neutral firms. Thought it might be useful to have a handy list of local suppliers to avoid if anyone feels like contributing....

SkintHibby
15-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Just noticed that City Cabs are donating to the lost cause so i personally will be using other more neutral firms. Thought it might be useful to have a handy list of local suppliers to avoid if anyone feels like contributing....

Thanks for the heads up!

Excellent thread...let's make it a sticky. Let's name and shame the companies donating to Edinburghs wee team.:agree:

matty_f
15-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Good shout to be fair, I don't want any of my money going towards that lot, either directly or indirectly as much as I can help it.

euansdad
15-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Stuff any company who donate to them

Dave-O
15-11-2012, 04:29 PM

Best using Streetcabs mate. :wink:

Golden Bear
15-11-2012, 04:32 PM
They'll be gambling that the potential loss of Hibby business will be compensated if supporters of THEM give them additional business for supporting their team.

vla_di_vla
The pub that donated it's takings last week?

Onceinawhile
To be fair to the capitals I think they were just looking to get some free publicity.

Bostonhibby
15-11-2012, 04:34 PM

Interesting one, know a few Hibbies who drive for them and a few of them were handy to have in the Hands of Hibs days........

Saorsa
15-11-2012, 04:38 PM
The pub that donated it's takings last week?The Brauhaus

Hibercelona
15-11-2012, 04:43 PM

My dad will be raging about this! :greengrin

Pete
15-11-2012, 04:45 PM
City cabs - check your phone and if you have 228 1211 under taxi then scrub it because that's them

Brauhaus

Edinburgh capitals

No hibby Should touch these companies.

Pete
15-11-2012, 04:48 PM

If he has a position and this hearts money isn't coming from individual drivers he should definately do something. That money could be used to benefit the members.

lyonhibs
15-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Begging your pardon??

Ivan Sproule??

Is this some PM joke I'm not in on??

Hibercelona
15-11-2012, 04:54 PM
If he has a position and this hearts money isn't coming from individual drivers he should definately do something. That money could be used to benefit the members.

City Cabs benefiting its members? :tee hee:

They do he haw for their members anyway.

Golden Bear
15-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Begging your pardon??

Ivan Sproule??

Is this some PM joke I'm not in on??

He's publicly declared his support for the Yam cause as he doesn't want to lose the rivallry between the Clubs.

But I'll let him off on this occasion. Or will I?

:wink:

Treadstone
15-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Did they no cut a deal wi the cooncil or the airport about 15yrs ago shafting all the other cab firms in the process. Hence the name 'Cityscabs'

hibbybob
15-11-2012, 05:01 PM
City cabs - check your phone and if you have 228 1211 under taxi then scrub it because that's them

Brauhaus

Edinburgh capitals

No hibby Should touch these companies.

I always use 228 1211 but didn't even know it was City Cabs - always found them pretty good.

I'm sure you could suggest another number/firm:wink:

hibees 7062
15-11-2012, 05:07 PM

They have cards on the main entrance desk at ER

jacomo
15-11-2012, 05:31 PM
If some dim wits want to hand more of their hard-earned cash over to a Russian tax dodger then let them. Means nothing to me - so long as I'm not asked to chip in as well.

Eaststand
15-11-2012, 05:34 PM

I work for Citycabs and this is news to me....how are Citycabs donating to the yams ?

ps Citycabs have contracts to supply taxis for our team, and also for the other mob out Gorgie way, but's thats called business.....

Eaststand
15-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Interesting one, know a few Hibbies who drive for them and a few of them were handy to have in the Hands of Hibs days........

I'm one in that category and there are lots more of us Hibbies working for Citycabs....I'm hoping the post starter will let me know how citycabs are donating

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2012, 05:45 PM
I wonder how many people will boycott City Cabs at 2 in the morning.

matty_f
15-11-2012, 05:52 PM

I'm unlikely to give that any thought. :greengrin

GGTTH07
15-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Every fare they get they are donating £1 to hearts. Spread the word!

Viva_Palmeiras
15-11-2012, 06:12 PM
An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.

Not too sure what tit for tat boycotts actually achieve? Kinda like We trash your stadium we pay you trash our stadium you pay.

WindyMiller
15-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Every fare they get they are donating £1 to hearts. Spread the word!

I worked on the cabs many years ago (City) and there's no way the average cabby would give away a £ every fare.
Most widnae give ye the steam off their ****.

Pete
15-11-2012, 06:19 PM
If you phone them and say a magic word they will donate one pound to big hearts. I'm not sure what the magic word you use to give one pound to hibs.

There isn't one.

Speedy
15-11-2012, 06:21 PM
I worked on the cabs many years ago (City) and there's no way the average cabby would give away a £ every fare.
Most widnae give ye the steam off their ****.

Donation from the main office for every fare that is booked by phone maybe?

I don't fully understand how the main company makes their money exactly, I get that there's a membership fee and contract work but not sure what they get from extra private fares.

matty_f
15-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Sounds more a marketing ploy to get Hearts supporters to use their cabs instead of their rivals.
If they come up with any brilliant ideas, we should copy them. Our club needs money too.

There's your problem right there...

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Shan taxi company
Shan football Club

Well suited to each other!!

WindyMiller
15-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Donation from the main office for every fare that is booked by phone maybe?

I don't fully understand how the main company makes their money exactly, I get that there's a membership fee and contract work but not sure what they get from extra private fares.

I don't know the position now, but when I was an owner, we owned the company, paid a monthly subscription (which paid for the radio operators) and worked for ourselves. i.e. my takings were mine.

DC_Hibs
Make your feelings known - info@citycabs.co.uk

The thing that gets me is this mess is down to Hearts themselves so they can GTF

Golden Bear
Where are you geting this info from bud ?

You're struggling to get an answer!

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Where are you geting this info from bud ?

citycabs website has it on front page

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 06:27 PM
You're struggling to get an answer!

have you tried phoning them as well:greengrin

I'm here all week folks!!

renato
15-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Sounds more a marketing ploy to get Hearts supporters to use their cabs instead of their rivals.
If they come up with any brilliant ideas, we should copy them. Our club needs money too.

Brilliant idea. Who's for a cake sale?

:cb

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Brilliant idea. Who's for a cake sale?

:cb

We could sell calum davidson strips

DaveF
15-11-2012, 06:32 PM
This is from their twitter "Remember if you book a taxi on 228 1211 quote Big Hearts and we will donate £1 to the charity"

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2012, 06:38 PM
This is from their twitter "Remember if you book a taxi on 228 1211 quote Big Hearts and we will donate £1 to the charity"

Is Big Hearts one of the (many) fighting funds set up to rescue the Yams. I thought it was for charitable work they do in the community. Work that, ironically, would be better funded by people paying their taxes.

Harpandcastle
15-11-2012, 06:42 PM

I'm a member of City Cabs and knew nothing of this, it appears that tie up is with their community foundation thing as opposed to the begging bowl that is currently being held out for the shambles that is the club. We supply taxis to Hibs & them so F knows if that deal was done when we got the contract, twitter feed appears 43 days ago though.

The Green Goblin
15-11-2012, 06:43 PM
A drop in the ocean. It won't help them much - they're goosed.

Gavin1875
15-11-2012, 06:45 PM
That was written 28 days ago but it has links to brokeback so not too convinced its about the yams fighting fund carry on, ill stick to the bus though just incase ;-)

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't know the position now, but when I was an owner, we owned the company, paid a monthly subscription (which paid for the radio operators) and worked for ourselves. i.e. my takings were mine.

Its still the same now im an owner with city cabs. City also sponsors hibs so to say there is a bias towards any team is petty and silly they would do the same if it was us in hearts position its called business and getting publicity for your company

vla_di_vla
15-11-2012, 06:49 PM
That was written 28 days ago but it has links to brokeback so not too convinced its about the yams fighting fund carry on, ill stick to the bus though just incase ;-)

Yeah it looks like its for the Bighearts charity as opposed to keeping the sinking ship afloat. But clearly sympathisers in any case

hibs0666
15-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah it looks like its for the Bighearts charity as opposed to keeping the sinking ship afloat. But clearly sympathisers in any case

Would be good if they did the same thing with the Hibs community foundation would it not?

DC_Hibs
15-11-2012, 06:55 PM
False alarm then it seems.

I'd like to apologise to the City Cabs owner from Roseburn who is now sporting 4 flat tyres

Oh and a sticky door handle (yeah?)

Regards
Henry Monk

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Would be good if they did the same thing with the Hibs community foundation would it not?

Do you know they don't. I know that they were at er a couple of months ago for some sort of publicty event it well have been that

vla_di_vla
15-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Exactly. I have no issue with them supporting one side of the city but now i know that I can take my business elsewhere

Eaststand
15-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Its still the same now im an owner with city cabs. City also sponsors hibs so to say there is a bias towards any team is petty and silly they would do the same if it was us in hearts position its called business and getting publicity for your company

Spot on L B and I work my taxi with Citycabs too.

There are quite a few needy causes in the Lothians supported by Citycabs, i.e. charities/disabled groups etc, and some of these may be better known than others, but the bottom line is that Citycabs are trying to generate work by making a (fairly small) donation to the yams for some publicity, and that's what businesses usually do

GGTTH

Harpandcastle
15-11-2012, 07:02 PM

I'd like to apologise to the City Cabs owner from Roseburn who is now sporting 4 flat tyres

Regards
Henry Monk

Thankfully big Al does a few hours Friday am so hopefully gets that handle nice and clean for me taking over mid morning.

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Exactly. I have no issue with them supporting one side of the city but now i know that I can take my business elsewhere

When you are next at easter road look at the corner flag at the corner of the east and the south stand and you will see a big advertising board with city cabs on it so they do ssupport both clubs

Cabbage East
15-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm taking no chances. Have cancelled my companies contract.

SkintHibby
15-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh dear, I've just emailed citycabs in strongly worded terms too!:greengrin

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Spot on L B and I work my taxi is with Citycabs too.

There are quite a few needy causes in the Lothians supported by Citycabs, i.e. charities/disabled groups etc, and some of these may be better known than others, but the bottom line is that Citycabs are trying to generate work by making a (fairly small) donation to the yams for some publicity, and that's what businesses usually do

GGTTH

Exactly they are not stupid enough to alienate one half of the city

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 07:08 PM
don't care of they sponsor both clubs, any company that supports those cheats in way won't get my business.

Winston Ingram
15-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Thanks for that. Just removed their app from my phone

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm taking no chances. Have cancelled my companies contract.

So you've cancelled your company's contract because city donates money to a charity run by hearts to help people in the community they don't and never have donated to help hearts survive. You must be so proud of yourself

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:11 PM
don't care of they sponsor both clubs, any company that supports those cheats in way won't get my business.

In what way are they supporting hearts

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 07:12 PM
So you've cancelled your company's contract because city donates money to a charity run by hearts to help people in the community they don't and never have donated to help hearts survive. You must be so proud of yourself

pretty sure there track side adverts at swynie have been helping hearts survive, wouldn't you agree?

I understand you are a driver so are going to back them but this is an emotive issue for fans.

allezsauzee
15-11-2012, 07:13 PM
They only donate the £1 if you book a cab by phone and quote 'Big H***ts'. I normally choose to walk home at 2am in the morning anyway to burn off the calories I've drank in the pub :wink:

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:15 PM
pretty sure there track side adverts at swynie have been helping hearts survive, wouldn't you agree?

I understand you are a driver so are going to back them but this is an emotive issue for fans.

Well your going to have to boycott lots of other company's as well then. Do you have any addidas clothing or drink certain beers or eat certain foods that may advertise at tynecastle

vla_di_vla
15-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Well your going to have to boycott lots of other company's as well then. Do you have any addidas clothing or drink certain beers or eat certain foods that may advertise at tynecastle

http://twitter.com/CITYCABSLTD

It's pretty one sided don't you think? It may be a charity but it's run from Tynecastle

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 07:19 PM

yep I will, I'm petty like that.

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:20 PM
http://twitter.com/CITYCABSLTD

It's pretty one sided don't you think? It may be a charity but it's run from Tynecastle

Its a charity does it matter where its run from

Sunny1875
15-11-2012, 07:21 PM
I Along with many Hibees work in Citycabs and this is news to me....how are Citycabs donating to the yams ?

I am aware we are working with a charity (which is not putting anything into their stay afloat fund) if a cab is booked over the phone and a phrase is used there is a donation made.

Cant see where this £1.00 per fare to Hearts nonsense comes from , As we are self employed and essentially bought a share of the company do you think we would really give away a percentage of our earnings, to a badly run unprofessional football club. Would you accept it if You were told to give away your hard earned by those you work with.

If ill informed rubbish like this is believed and spread then you are costing Hard working Hibby Taxi Drivers a % of their income for no good reason. Don't just make the statement without first finding out the facts. And if you cant support the statement with facts don't post.

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:21 PM
yep I will, I'm petty like that.

I just had a quick look on their web site and i saw advert for sky and espn addidas amongst others is everyone going to boycott them as well

Pete
15-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Exactly they are not stupid enough to alienate one half of the city

Well they have. Blatantly. Unless you can supply me with the code word to donate money to hibs.

The facts are they are donating to hearts.
Dress it up any way you like.

Harpandcastle
15-11-2012, 07:24 PM
According to my programme from Saturday City Cabs are proud supporters of Hibernian kicks for Kids. 8891

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Well they have. Blatantly. Unless you can supply me with the code word to donate money to hibs.

Im pretty sure you know that's not the case city are donating to a hearts run charity hearts don't get any money from it

Pete
15-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Its a charity does it matter where its run from

Of course it does!

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Of course it does!

If you were benefiting from that charity would you be bothered were it was coming from your argument is ridiculous your criticising a company for donating to a charity. This is the sort of thing i would expect from old firm fans

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I just had a quick look on their web site and i saw advert for sky and espn addidas amongst others is everyone going to boycott them as well

Don't care if they do or not, but do I personally want to give my money to a company to give it to those c*nts, no I don't and so I won't. It's simple really. As a business I would not want to be associated with a company that does not pay it's bills, that rips off other clubs and businesses, citycabs should be thinking very carefully about who they associate themselves with as there reputation can only be tarnished by advertising with dodgy companies like hearts,

Saorsa
15-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Its a charity does it matter where its run fromHow does anybody know where exactly the money is going? If anybody involved with that club telt me it was thursday today I wouldnae believe them.

EH6 Hibby
15-11-2012, 07:30 PM
According to my programme from Saturday City Cabs are proud supporters of Hibernian kicks for Kids. 8891

Which clearly proves City Cabs are neutral and support both teams. There's a few people on this thread that should get a grip. Serious overreaction to a company donating money to a charity.

FranckSuzy
15-11-2012, 07:30 PM
IMHO, this is getting a wee bit silly. If some local firms had come out in support of HoH and the Jambo's made a fuss, threatening to boycott the said businesses, we'd be laughing at them for petty point scoring. Next you'll not be using Wonga.com.....OK, I took that too far :greengrin

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 07:31 PM
How does anybody know where exactly the money is going? If anybody involved with that club telt me it was thursday today I wouldnae believe them.

Well you have a point there but you would hope been they wouldn't stoop that low. My point was it was hardly a reason to boycott the company

Saorsa
15-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Well you have a point there but you would hope been they wouldn't stoop that low. My point was it was hardly a reason to boycott the companyyeah you would hope, personally I wouldnae trust them as far as I could throw a grand piano.

soupy
15-11-2012, 07:35 PM

Regards
Henry Monk

Yir a bad man Daz :-)

tamig
15-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Don't care if they do or not, but do I personally want to give my money to a company to give it to those c*nts, no I don't and so I won't. It's simple really. As a business I would not want to be associated with a company that does not pay it's bills, that rips off other clubs and businesses, citycabs should be thinking very carefully about who they associate themselves with as there reputation can only be tarnished by advertising with dodgy companies like hearts,

You can only do this if you provide the secret words though. And have you seen the post about them being sponsors of Kicks for Kids? Citycabs clearly support both sides of the city. Surely you're not that blinkered that you can't admit that?

Hiber-nation
15-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Which clearly proves City Cabs are neutral and support both teams. There's a few people on this thread that should get a grip. Serious overreaction to a company donating money to a charity.

Spot on, read what the Hibbbie cabbies are saying. Some folk on here need to get a grip. Boycotting them is absoutely ridiculous.

soupy
City cabs chairman is a Hibby - fact :-)

Viva_Palmeiras
What i want to know is Will the paediatricians be safe tonight ;)

Is this seriously set to continue or are we giving it a break?

Points to consider:
- firm innocently falsely accused
- firm deliberately falsely accused
- firms current support/sponsorships/partnerships are just a snap shot - could have also supported HOH.
- do some of these firms support .net and the bounce?

just a minefield it seems to me.

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2012, 07:40 PM

Simply look for the call sign number - it starts with V. Good luck trying to get into the cab behind, or even better trying to hail one on the street.

Cabbage East
15-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Well you have a point there but you would hope been they wouldn't stoop that low. My point was it was hardly a reason to boycott the company

Ok Billy McCitycabs. Take it easy. We get your point. You've made it about 7 times.

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2012, 07:43 PM
What i want to know is Will the paediatricians be safe tonight ;)

Is this seriously set to continue or are we giving it a break?

Points to consider:
- firm innocently falsely accused
- firm deliberately falsely accused
- firms current support/sponsorships/partnerships are just a snap shot - could have also supported HOH.
- do some of these firms support .net and the bounce?

just a minefield it seems to me.

Maybe if Yam sympathisers were made to wear a bell around their neck this unpleasantness could be avoided.

euansdad
15-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I Along with many Hibees work in Citycabs and this is news to me....how are Citycabs donating to the yams ?

I am aware we are working with a charity (which is not putting anything into their stay afloat fund) if a cab is booked over the phone and a phrase is used there is a donation made.

Cant see where this £1.00 per fare to Hearts nonsense comes from , As we are self employed and essentially bought a share of the company do you think we would really give away a percentage of our earnings, to a badly run unprofessional football club. Would you accept it if You were told to give away your hard earned by those you work with.

If ill informed rubbish like this is believed and spread then you are costing Hard working Hibby Taxi Drivers a % of their income for no good reason. Don't just make the statement without first finding out the facts. And if you cant support the statement with facts don't post.

Fair point mate, weshould think before we post and im guilty of that

vla_di_vla
15-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Simply look for the call sign number - it starts with V. Good luck trying to get into the cab behind, or even better trying to hail one on the street.

It's no biggie but I've decided to use another firm from now on at my place of business not just on pissed nights out. I've no issue with them really but I will use a firm that doesn't have a link to a hearts community charity if possible. It's a personal choice

Sunny1875
15-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Looks like they don't need a code word to Donate to Hibs, They do this already as proud sponsors of Kicks for Kids

Really get a grip

Fife-Hibee
15-11-2012, 07:55 PM

No he wont " not with city cabs anymore :-) street car now :-)

Hibercelona
15-11-2012, 07:57 PM

Thats alright then. :aok:

I feared that we'd maybe have to launch you. :greengrin

Makaveli
15-11-2012, 07:57 PM
This is the primary "pillar of activity" listed on the Big Hearts (http://www.bighearts.org.uk/about-big-hearts/) website:

"1. Bigger Hearts: the Hearts brand is stronger as a result of deploying its staff, its traditions and resources for the benefit of local people and charities through raising awareness, using players as positive role models and facilitating successful fundraising activities."

It exists to strengthen "the Hearts brand." Any "benefits to local people and charities" are incidental, so ram the 'a charity is a charity' pish.

Harpandcastle
15-11-2012, 08:01 PM
This is the primary "pillar of activity" listed on the Big Hearts (http://www.bighearts.org.uk/about-big-hearts/) website:

"1. Bigger Hearts: the Hearts brand is stronger as a result of deploying its staff, its traditions and resources for the benefit of local people and charities through raising awareness, using players as positive role models and facilitating successful fundraising activities."

It exists to strengthen "the Hearts brand." Any "benefits to local people and charities" are incidental, so ram the 'a charity is a charity' pish.

We established a while back that City Cabs supply taxis to both clubs and support both clubs, Hibs via kicks for kids and big hearts for them. It's pretty straightforward really.

bighairyfaeleith
15-11-2012, 08:02 PM
I think some folks on here are missing the point, hearts have been cheating all these years spending money they don't have to win games they don't deserve to win. They have done that with a combination of things

1. Vlads Money
2. Fans Money
3. Sponsors Money

Will I continue to back there sponsors, will I hell!!

ronaldo7
15-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Do any of the Hibbies who work in City cabs have Maroon taxi's?

I just avoid those ones:greengrin

Makaveli
15-11-2012, 08:07 PM
@ Harpandcastle

And I've said nothing to the contrary. Wasn't able to quote a minute ago, still can't in fact, but I was responding to the comment: "Its a charity does it matter where its run from".

Pete
15-11-2012, 08:13 PM
We established a while back that City Cabs supply taxis to both clubs and support both clubs, Hibs via kicks for kids and big hearts for them. It's pretty straightforward really.

One is a straightforward sponsorship while the other is open-ended.

it may habe been well intentioned initially bit why are both deals not like the hearts one? Big hearts could rake in thousands.

And when I say big hearts I could mean their tax bill. How does anyone know that the money doesn't go straight towards their debt? Heart's aren't a reputable company. This charity can have as many pictures of art and music workshops as it likes bit I certainly don't believe there isn't a percentage going to "the cause".

Fife-Hibee
15-11-2012, 08:18 PM

Sold my position a couple of months ago pal, quite happy being a street car again :-)

Harpandcastle
15-11-2012, 08:18 PM

it may habe been well intentioned initially bit why are both deals not like the hearts one? Big hearts could rake in thousands.

And when I say big hearts I could mean their tax bill. How does anyone know that the money doesn't go straight towards their debt? Heart's aren't a reputable company. This charity can have as many pictures of art and music workshops as it likes bit I certainly don't believe there isn't a percentage going to "the cause".

I have no idea how things were structured, it could well be what was requested by the clubs when the contracts were taken over. Hibs may well have asked for a cash donation / sponsorship up front. Knowing as we do the season ticket drive Hibs have been and still are on that might have been what suited the club.

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 08:25 PM

Do you what i will do for you i will pop into the office tomorrow and raise the concerns you have made and see if they will drop this charitable donation to the hearts charity but if they do they will almost certainly drop their donation to the kicks for kids charity as well. There will be many local firms who donate to both charitys and if they withdrew from one it would probably lead to them withdrawing from the other remember that when there is talk of boycotts

Wotherspiniesta
15-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Les Mcvie is the chairman of City Cabs.

Someone should tell him to not mix business with pleasure. :aok:

Harpandcastle
15-11-2012, 08:32 PM

No he's not.

Wotherspiniesta
15-11-2012, 08:40 PM
No he's not.

Pedant! :wink:

keithkeith
15-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Time to book a City Cabs taxi for Mr A.Kidd going from 20 Gorgie Road to 20 Dundee Terrace...

Hibernia Na Eir
15-11-2012, 09:05 PM

thanks for heads up. just deleted from my phone contacts.

Sunny1875
15-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Think you might find that's wrong

Along with some of the other 'Facts' given in this thread

capitals_finest
15-11-2012, 09:13 PM
The good lady was telling me her work is gonna stop using them from next week.

Word spreads quickly.:cb

capitals_finest
15-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Time to book a City Cabs taxi for Mr A.Kidd going from 20 Gorgie Road to 20 Dundee Terrace...

:greengrin

Heard Forth One advertising tickets for them tonight, surely a charity job.

Radio was immediately changed to talk sport. Shortly after Forth One has also been removed from my 6 optional stations in the car.

renato
15-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Wow, you thought the cake sale was a brilliant idea?

No, but some "slightly" misguided yam clearly did. I agree every penny's a prisoner just now but I think you'll agree the cheats are in a completely different league to us when it comes to finances.

For the avoidance of doubt, I NEVER want us to copy anything that lot suggest, carry out or preach. I'll happily let the club and excellent working groups like LWT lead the way for us.

The_Sauz
15-11-2012, 09:30 PM
To be fair to the capitals I think they were just looking to get some free publicity.

More like trying to get support should they go under. Any yam who went last week got a 25% discount, plus they were given a choice....let the Caps keep your money or donate it to Hearts :agree:
They asked my old man if he would like to donate :giruy: was his reply :greengrin

Pete
15-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Do you what i will do for you i will pop into the office tomorrow and raise the concerns you have made and see if they will drop this charitable donation to the hearts charity but if they do they will almost certainly drop their donation to the kicks for kids charity as well. There will be many local firms who donate to both charitys and if they withdrew from one it would probably lead to them withdrawing from the other remember that when there is talk of boycotts

If they are as neutral as everyone claims then I suggest they alter their website and twitter feed...the last three tweets being hearts related.
(I'm sorry, but people who say this is simply donating to a charity and nothing really to do with hearts are insulting peoples intelligence.)

City might well have had the best intentions but you have to admit that it looks bad and gives the impression that they are bias. I'm aware that cab firms cant be seen to be favouring one football team as it would lose them as much business as it would gain them and would harm their reputation.

I'll take back what I said about not using them as all a boycott would do is hurt the drivers and this would have nothing to do with them. The problem is that this could really take off among Jambos and City could well find themselves being a fund-raising tool for Hearts when all they wanted to do was donate a wee bit to a charity and get more customers. I think this all started before the tombolas and cake sales so the idea was obviously well-intentioned but how can a charity survive if the company that runs it has no money? The money surely has to go to Hearts first?

City are one of the good guys and on reflection, people shouldn't stop using them as it will probably harm Hibs in a way as well. If you are in a position to have a word I would maybe do so and get them to think twice about the way they are helping the maroon side. Saying that, they might have to should the odd pound turn into thousands and them link between them grows.

Wotherspiniesta
15-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Think you might find that's wrong

Along with some of the other 'Facts' given in this thread

Pedant! (x2) :greengrin

SkintHibby
15-11-2012, 09:55 PM

I'd rather walk.

HibsNibs
15-11-2012, 10:22 PM
No more Deuchars or Caley 80/- then

Check their twitter @caledonianbeer - they've been donating beer to the cause

Eyrie
15-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Big Hearts (https://www.oscr.org.uk/search-charity-register/charity-extract/?charitynumber=sc037311) more than doubled its incoming resources last year to a RCH under £500k - coincidentally the trigger point for an audit being required. Makes me wonder where the extra money came from and what they left out to avoid the extra scrutiny. And why they need the promotion from the cab company at this time.

Harpandcastle
15-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Big Hearts (https://www.oscr.org.uk/search-charity-register/charity-extract/?charitynumber=sc037311) more than doubled its incoming resources last year to a RCH under £500k - coincidentally the trigger point for an audit being required. Makes me wonder where the extra money came from and what they left out to avoid the extra scrutiny. And why they need the promotion from the cab company at this time.

The promotion you mention is 3 tweets on city cabs site, they were posted 43 and 28 days ago. There has been nothing at all since. There is no extra promotion from the cab company at this time.

monktonharp
16-11-2012, 12:25 AM
The promotion you mention is 3 tweets on city cabs site, they were posted 43 and 28 days ago. There has been nothing at all since. There is no extra promotion from the cab company at this time. :confused: sorry bud, I dont do tweets, but I do get taxis quite a bit and now that I'm aware of C.Cabs involvement with the Gorgie mob, I dinnae dae C.Cabs

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2012, 12:55 AM
http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/images/txii-black-three-quarter.gif

'kin Booooooooooooooooooooooo

:)

Pete
16-11-2012, 01:13 AM
I always use 228 1211 but didn't even know it was City Cabs - always found them pretty good.

I'm sure you could suggest another number/firm:wink:

That's disappointing. Suggesting I have ulterior motives.

Of course I could recommend an alternative firm such as Comcab, the biggest company in Britain who supply black cabs 24/7 and can be reached on 0131 272 8000...the company that cares...but I'm not going to. What do you take me for?

Pete
16-11-2012, 01:29 AM
:confused: sorry bud, I dont do tweets, but I do get taxis quite a bit and now that I'm aware of C.Cabs involvement with the Gorgie mob, I dinnae dae C.Cabs

Their thing with big hearts is a bit gimmicky but don't forget they do good worth with Hibs too.

I think that if they thought for a minute that money donated was going in any way to bailing Hearts out or towards a tax bill they would pull it. It's a bit of a back-track from my earlier comments but I'm guilty of posting without analysing things. A black cab company simply wouldn't deliberately favour one team over another in a two team city. Not a reputable one anyway.

City are probably the most professional black cab company in Edinburgh. That's the honest opinion of someone who works for one of their rivals.

The Green Goblin
16-11-2012, 10:53 AM
It's a noble aim, but it's almost impossible to buy and live ethically these days. Chances are your coffee or tv or laptop (Apple anyone?) or trainers or the stitching on your football originated with some poor kid's 14 hour day in a sweat shop or plantation or factory for peanuts in atrocious working conditions.

I think this thing of boycotting has no end to it. Do I decide not to have a pint in my local because the barman is a jambo and might be contributing a fiver from his wages to save his club? My point is, I understand the idea of choosing not to do something which will benefit our cheating rivals in some way - that's an individual choice for people to make - but ultimately, it won't make any difference and let's not kid ourselves that it's striking a blow for Right over Wrong.

EdinMike
16-11-2012, 11:08 AM
I think this thing of boycotting has no end to it. Do I decide not to have a pint in my local because the barman is a jambo and might be contributing a fiver from his wages to save his club?

There's a barman in Brazil that is a Jambo !! Contar às Autoridades !? Rápido, rápido !

The_Sauz
16-11-2012, 11:19 AM
After stepping back and thinking about this thread, I have decide to delete my 2 posts on the grounds talking pesh.
1/ Edinburgh Capitals deal, was only aimed at Hearts season ticket holders and not Joe public
2/ City Cabs deal with the £1 donation I believe is still aimed at Hearts Fans and not Joe public. Remember it only works when you say the code over the phone.

If the owners of City Cabs hears that Hibs fans have a boycott on, then there is a good chance they will rethink about putting money back into Hibernian FC in the future! :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
16-11-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/images/txii-black-three-quarter.gif

'kin Booooooooooooooooooooooo

Glad you have raised the real issue here! I refuse to get into any cab that is not of the above variety (the TX). I cannot bear these fish vans and mini buses that are masqerading as proper taxis.

If only people had been more vigilant when the E7s came onto the road, then we wouldn't be in the aesthetic mess we are now. Cabs that don't have a proper turning circle have no place on the streets of a major European capital.

Phil D. Rolls
16-11-2012, 11:22 AM
After stepping back and thinking about this thread, I have decide to delete my 2 posts on the grounds talking pesh.
1/ Edinburgh Capitals deal, was only aimed at Hearts season ticket holders and not Joe public
2/ City Cabs deal with the £1 donation I believe is still aimed at Hearts Fans and not Joe public. Remember it only works when you say the code over the phone.

If the owners of City Cabs hears that Hibs fans have a boycott on, then there is a good chance they will rethink about putting money back into Hibernian FC in the future! :agree:

Facts - so useful when forming opinions. :greengrin

DC_Hibs
16-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Reply from city cabs to some daftie that emailed them before the proper beneficiary (a charity) came to light!
Strange that some on here are still unhappy......

Thanks for your email however I would like to set the record straight.

City Cabs have not and will never donate any money to Hearts towards their current predicament. We do currently have an advertising agreement with both them and HIBS and I would suggest you should not always take what is said on forums as right.

City Cabs have a charity foundation which we support local kids charities and part of the donations we give to them is based on any profit we may make and also season tickets given to us by both Edinburgh Teams.

I’m sorry you feel the way you do over this situation but again let me assure you this is not and will never be the case.

The Green Goblin
16-11-2012, 11:39 AM
There's a barman in Brazil that is a Jambo !! Contar às Autoridades !? Rápido, rápido !

Well, he looks like he might be :wink: You just never know and it's best not to take any chances.

silverhibee
16-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Do any of the Hibbies who work in City cabs have Maroon taxi's?

I just avoid those ones:greengrin

Avoid them, i normally throw bricks at them. :thumbsup:

The Green Goblin
16-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Reply from city cabs to some daftie that emailed them before the proper beneficiary (a charity) came to light!

City Cabs have not and will never donate any money to Hearts towards their current predicament. We do currently have an advertising agreement with both them and HIBS and I would suggest you should not always take what is said on forums as right.

City Cabs have a charity foundation which we support local kids charities and part of the donations we give to them is based on any profit we may make and also season tickets given to us by both Edinburgh Teams.

I’m sorry you feel the way you do over this situation but again let me assure you this is not and will never be the case.

Good for you in getting the facts. That's twice this week that folks have been near grabbing their pitch forks and burning torches and setting off to burn the witch. :greengrin First with the stadium announcer and now this. I'm not sure what the answer is...maybe not automatically believing everything that appears on the internet? :dunno:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Nevermind not using city cabs again, I've stopped linging taxi drivers pockets and their winter trips to Tenerife....I prefer to use public transport all the time now. taxis are a rip off.

ronaldo7
16-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Avoid them, i normally throw bricks at them. :thumbsup:

:faf:

Suburban Hibby
16-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Nevermind not using city cabs again, I've stopped linging taxi drivers pockets and their winter trips to Tenerife....I prefer to use public transport all the time now. taxis are a rip off.

You should post on the Evening News fi=orums, the place is full of responses like that as soon as a taxi article appears.

Fares set by the council, if someones works hard enough to earn a foreign holiday, good for them.

The_Sauz
16-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Facts - so useful when forming opinions. :greengrin

Very true indeed (Normally I try to get my facts right before I post, but this time my brain was not in gear :greengrin)

Phil D. Rolls
16-11-2012, 12:09 PM

Yes, and no. Shared between five people they provide excellent value for money. Also they compare favourably to other means of transport, such as teleporting, when it comes to taking you from exactly where you are, to exactly where you want to go at that precise moment.

Give the guys a break, have you tried driving in Edinburgh recently? The road works are bad enough, but when you have the added pressure of getting a punter to their destination by the shortest quickest route, cabbies do magnificently. Also, the majority of them have the decency to listen to whatever drivel I am spouting as they drive me home.

Billy McKirdy
16-11-2012, 12:13 PM
We've got a perfectly good bus service :greengrin

jacomo
16-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Good for you in getting the facts. That's twice this week that folks have been near grabbing their pitch forks and burning torches and setting off to burn the witch. :greengrin First with the stadium announcer and now this. I'm not sure what the answer is...maybe not automatically believing everything that appears on the internet? :dunno:

Wh..what??!

You're upsetting my equilibrium here. Next you'll be telling me the moon landings really did happen, and weren't faked so that the Lizards could keep the location of Hitler's secret moon base a secret.

Oh, and did you know you can boil an egg with your mobile phone? :wink:

lord bunberry
16-11-2012, 12:43 PM

I think you will find it's lanzarote this year

The Green Goblin
16-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Wh..what??!

You're upsetting my equilibrium here. Next you'll be telling me the moon landings really did happen, and weren't faked so that the Lizards could keep the location of Hitler's secret moon base a secret.

Oh, and did you know you can boil an egg with your mobile phone? :wink:

Septimus
16-11-2012, 01:12 PM
It is now sixty nine years since I started sympathising with Hearts and their supporters and I see no reason to change that now. They have got themselves into such a mess that a couple of quid here and there will not fix their predicament.

monktonharp
16-11-2012, 02:07 PM

I’m sorry you feel the way you do over this situation but again let me assure you this is not and will never be the case.here's another "daftie" that got a quick reply!:greengrin not worded the same as above, but I do get the jist. I will discuss this in my local over the w/end with any taxi gadges that I can cadge a drink off:wink: I am more o' a porty cabs man masel, but good response from C.Cabs

happiehibbie
16-11-2012, 02:15 PM
We have so many short memories I remember only too well the Hands Of hibs campain and many hearts fans helped us

we all have our laughs etc etc about the situation FFS so have I but in the real world I would miss the Derbies how did it feel when at New year we did not play them I can tell you it was P H

yes lets have the banter etc but not personal lets hope hearts do not go out out business

i have nailed my hat on tight for the brow beaters

Golden Bear
16-11-2012, 02:20 PM
We have so many short memories I remember only too well the Hands Of hibs campain and many hearts fans helped us

we all have our laughs etc etc about the situation FFS so have I but in the real world I would miss the Derbies how did it feel when at New year we did not play them I can tell you it was P H

yes lets have the banter etc but not personal lets hope hearts do not go out out business

I used to think like that -------------- but they weren't nearly so arrogant or obnoxious as they are now.

As a Club, I want them dead, dead I tell you!

:soapbox:

Sunny1875
16-11-2012, 02:34 PM

Good for you, enjoy your wait for the bus. For me I run a business Like most Taxi drivers I know. Working the night shift , Putting in around 50 to 60 hours per week 20 plus hours over Friday night / Saturday night. Good luck getting a bus after midnight, or right to your door when its chucking it down. If i work hard which i apparently do then why not have a winter holiday to the sun after all I don't see much daylight between the clocks going back in winter and forwards in the summer. As someone previously stated its the council who set the prices, Taxi Drivers/Owners put in the long hours to keep a good vehicle up to standard and because we want to make enough to enjoy our time off. FWIW I have not had a Holiday abroad in winter for over 10 years (i was not a Taxi Driver at that time) I am a family man with kids so tend to take my time off in school Holidays and have holidayed in UK last two Summers.

As for those of you who will be boycotting City Cabs, Due to the support given for one of the charities we support. If it effects my take home, bottom line is then you are costing HIBS Directly as there will be 3 less season tickets bought next year from my household. I might not be the only Taxi driving Hibby to take this decision. We all have to decide how we spend our disposable, but the disposable only goes so far.

lord bunberry
16-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Good for you, enjoy your wait for the bus. For me I run a business Like most Taxi drivers I know. Working the night shift , Putting in around 50 to 60 hours per week 20 plus hours over Friday night / Saturday night. Good luck getting a bus after midnight, or right to your door when its chucking it down. If i work hard which i apparently do then why not have a winter holiday to the sun after all I don't see much daylight between the clocks going back in winter and forwards in the summer. As someone previously stated its the council who set the prices, Taxi Drivers/Owners put in the long hours to keep a good vehicle up to standard and because we want to make enough to enjoy our time off. FWIW I have not had a Holiday abroad in winter for over 10 years (i was not a Taxi Driver at that time) I am a family man with kids so tend to take my time off in school Holidays and have holidayed in UK last two Summers.

As for those of you who will be boycotting City Cabs, Due to the support given for one of the charities we support. If it effects my take home, bottom line is then you are costing HIBS Directly as there will be 3 less season tickets bought next year from my household. I might not be the only Taxi driving Hibby to take this decision. We all have to decide how we spend our disposable, but the disposable only goes so far.

Hear hear

DaveF
16-11-2012, 02:56 PM

Really, is there any need for this over dramatic nonsense? You really think any 'boycott' (if there is to be one) would not be offset by any increase in Hearts fans booking City Cabs as a result of all this stuff?

FWIW, I don't think anyone - or very many - will actually boycott a cab - so your ST is safe.

lord bunberry
16-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Really, is there any need for this over dramatic nonsense? You really think any 'boycott' (if there is to be one) would not be offset by any increase in Hearts fans booking City Cabs?

Well why don't you give us your employer's name and we can start a totally false story about them. You don't know what affect malicious rubbish like this will have

green glory
16-11-2012, 03:01 PM
I keep it simple. If it's maroon I boycott it.

Golden Bear
16-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I've no axe to grind against anybody, but having read my way through this thread, it seems to me as if the OP was factually incorrect therefore the Admins should consider closing this thread as it serves no purpose and the content could possibly have a future adverse effect on our own Club.

DaveF
16-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Well why don't you give us your employer's name and we can start a totally false story about them. You don't know what affect malicious rubbish like this will have

I work for a bank. Credibility can't get any worse :greengrin

That aside, if you believe there will be any real impact as a result of this, then I think you are wrong. If anything, it's been great publicity for city cabs and you'll probably make more money. And donate loads to Hearts in the process :wink:

Corstorphine Hibby
16-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Hear hear

Does anyone else sense the irony of taxi drivers getting on their soap box whilst having Hector as their avatar ?

lord bunberry
16-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I work for a bank. Credibility can't get any worse :greengrin

That aside, if you believe there will be any real impact as a result of this, then I think you are wrong. If anything, it's been great publicity for city cabs and you'll probably make more money. And donate loads to Hearts in the process :wink:

And when did you become an expert in the intricacies of the taxi trade the fact is you have no idea how much this will affect my business but im pretty sure it won't have a positive affect on it

lord bunberry
16-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Does anyone else sense the irony of taxi drivers getting on their soap box whilst having Hector as their avatar ?

How very dare you

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Glad you have raised the real issue here! I refuse to get into any cab that is not of the above variety (the TX). I cannot bear these fish vans and mini buses that are masqerading as proper taxis.

If only people had been more vigilant when the E7s came onto the road, then we wouldn't be in the aesthetic mess we are now. Cabs that don't have a proper turning circle have no place on the streets of a major European capital.

what about these things

all taxi's should have drivers like her

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2562/3681799829_a04123a8df_o.jpg

Eaststand
16-11-2012, 04:16 PM

Good post that bud and I agree with what you say
GGTTH

DaveF
16-11-2012, 04:17 PM
And when did you become an expert in the intricacies of the taxi trade the fact is you have no idea how much this will affect my business but im pretty sure it won't have a positive affect on it

I didn't claim to be an expert, I'm merely giving my opinion which might be miles off the mark - then again maybe not.

I can see why you (and others) are getting worked up about it as it's your job and perhaps I was a tad out of line in my 1st reply but I do think this whole thing has been a massive overreaction and it will not affect your income in the way you suggest.

Anyway, as you state, it's not my trade so I'll bow out.

Ringothedog
16-11-2012, 04:22 PM

A few small comments.: It was only a few hearts fans that helped, the rest were lapping up the fact that Hibs could go out of business. Another small difference was that it was Hearts trying to put Hibs out of business. In this case it Hearts who are going to put Hearts out of business. I have no sympathy with them at all, you reap what you sow. So eff them !!

Phil D. Rolls
16-11-2012, 04:37 PM
what about these things

all taxi's should have drivers like her

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2562/3681799829_a04123a8df_o.jpg

You know, I've been boycotting those death traps for years; unlicensed, uninsured; set their own tariff - but if I was the worse for drink and couldn't find my way home, I might just be tempted. How much to the rickshaws contribute to Hearts?

lord bunberry
16-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I didn't claim to be an expert, I'm merely giving my opinion which might be miles off the mark - then again maybe not.

I can see why you (and others) are getting worked up about it as it's your job and perhaps I was a tad out of line in my 1st reply but I do think this whole thing has been a massive overreaction and it will not affect your income in the way you suggest.

Anyway, as you state, it's not my trade so I'll bow out.

Your probably right mate it probably won't have much affect on our trade butwhats annoying about the whole thread is it was started with an incorrect statement and even after admitting he had got it wrong the original poster didn't then delete the thread in fact he stuck to his position of boycotting the company complete idiot in my opinion

hibbill2002
16-11-2012, 04:51 PM

:tee hee:

The Green Goblin
16-11-2012, 05:11 PM

Good post :agree: Points out lots of things that many people forget. I didn't understand the original holiday comment anyway tbh - what business is it of anyone where folks take their holiday? - and from what I can see from your post, you earn it through hard graft same as most folks nowadays. FWIW, when push comes to shove, I doubt any of this will affect your business.

LaMotta
16-11-2012, 05:45 PM

Taxi Drivers may be on their soap box just now but rest assured one of them will do a U-turn when you least expect it.

Harpandcastle
16-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Further to my posting of the City Cabs ad in last weeks programme I noticed another ad placed with the club in this weeks e newsletter when it arrived in my inbox earlier on.

The_Sauz
16-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Taxi Drivers may be on their soap box just now bust rest assured one of them will do a U-turn when you least expect it.
:tee hee:

euansdad
17-11-2012, 05:05 AM
A few small comments.: It was only a few hearts fans that helped, the rest were lapping up the fact that Hibs could go out of business. Another small difference was that it was Hearts trying to put Hibs out of business. In this case it Hearts who are going to put Hearts out of business. I have no sympathy with them at all, you reap what you sow. So eff them !!

This!

Eaststand
19-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I've just had a quick chat with the Secretary of Citycabs and from that, I thought it important to give an update on this thread.

I'll begin by saying that I'm a Taxi driver and Citycabs member, and so are lots of other taxi drivers I know, so it may be that I'm a little bit biased, and I'll not try and hide that fact, but I like fairness in life and that's why I think I need to post a few points.

Citycabs have a Committee of 7 who have been elected by the other members to look after the day to day running of the Company.
The Citycabs Committee just happens to have 3 Hibbies, 3 Yams and a supporter of another club, so it really cant be accused of bias toward one or the other Edinburgh Clubs.
The decision to support both Hibs and the yams by donating towards charitable efforts such as our clubs, Kicks for Kids, and the yams Big Hearts schemes, is surely something that should be applauded, because it actually allows young and disabled kids to get to footie matches when they might not be able to do that without the 2 capital clubs schemes receiving money from Citycabs.

I'd say that instead of any fellow Hibbies trying to boycott a Taxi Company who support kids and disabled people getting along to footie matches (even if some of those folks to go the Yams games), the folks who were trying to start the boycott should be supporting a Taxi Company who share their love of the beautiful game and spend hard earned cash by donating to both clubs charitable schemes.

So just to summarise, there is no bias towards the yams or any other club, just a fairer than fair donation being made to both charities involving our club and theirs, and that benefits lots of folks.
I hope this post sheds some light onto the topic.

GGTTH

PS
....just as a wee reminder, when you're booking your next taxi, Citycabs number is still 0131 228 1211 :wink:

Suburban Hibby
19-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Or just take the easy decision and go with central

0131 229 2468:aok:

soupy
19-11-2012, 10:43 AM
City cabs all the way, you know it makes sense.

DC_Hibs
19-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I've just had a quick chat with the Secretary of Citycabs and from that, I thought it important to give an update on this thread.

I'll begin by saying that I'm a Taxi driver and Citycabs member, and so are lots of other taxi drivers I know, so it may be that I'm a little bit biased, and I'll not try and hide that fact, but I like fairness in life and that's why I think I need to post a few points.

Citycabs have a Committee of 7 who have been elected by the other members to look after the day to day running of the Company.
The Citycabs Committee just happens to have 3 Hibbies, 3 Yams and a supporter of another club, so it really cant be accused of bias toward one or the other Edinburgh Clubs.
The decision to support both Hibs and the yams by donating towards charitable efforts such as our clubs, Kicks for Kids, and the yams Big Hearts schemes, is surely something that should be applauded, because it actually allows young and disabled kids to get to footie matches when they might not be able to do that without the 2 capital clubs schemes receiving money from Citycabs.

I'd say that instead of any fellow Hibbies trying to boycott a Taxi Company who support kids and disabled people getting along to footie matches (even if some of those folks to go the Yams games), the folks who were trying to raise the boycott should be supporting a Taxi Company who share their love of the beautiful game and spend hard earned cash by donating to both clubs charitable schemes.

So just to summarise, there is no bias towards the yams or any other club, juts a fairer than fair donation being made to both charities involving our club and theirs, and that benefits lots of folks.

GGTTH

PS
....just as a wee reminder, when you're booking your next taxi, Citycabs number is still 0131 228 1211 :wink:

Put your plate number up so I don't end up in the back of a taxi with some cant talking about "yams" and "footie". WTF's that all about?

Thanks for clarifying though pal yeah.

CraigHibee
19-11-2012, 12:54 PM
i don't sympathise with any of them, i wouldn't give those jambo mutants the steam from my *****! the share issue is only going to temporarily paper over the cracks but what are they going to do every time they can't pay their wages "have another share issue?" not a chance, i hope the "believers" die a horrible slow painful death.

#GGTTH

Eaststand
19-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Put your plate number up so I don't end up in the back of a taxi with some cant talking about "yams" and "footie". WTF's that all about?

Just for you DC, that post of mine can read as Fitba and Hertz, yeah.....or whatever you choose bud, yeah

GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2012, 01:48 PM

I'm sure it would be a welcome change from "are you busy tonight", "or what time do you finish"?

legends of 73
20-11-2012, 04:08 PM

I'd say that instead of any fellow Hibbies trying to boycott a Taxi Company who support kids and disabled people getting along to footie matches (even if some of those folks to go the Yams games), the folks who were trying to start the boycott should be supporting a Taxi Company who share their love of the beautiful game and spend hard earned cash by donating to both clubs charitable schemes.

So just to summarise, there is no bias towards the yams or any other club, just a fairer than fair donation being made to both charities involving our club and theirs, and that benefits lots of folks.

GGTTH

PS

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: you'll not be up on a disciplinary for a while after that post:greengrin