PDA

View Full Version : Jamboids timeline...what happened when?

Mister P
15-11-2012, 11:00 AM
need a little help to construct a timeline of the romanov era, all help appreciated.

need dates and events such as

????: romanov takes control of hearts
????: pyjama man
????: fax machine
????: burley sacked whilst topping the spl on an unbeaten run
????: golden sticks

....you get the idea.

EDIT:

ok, this 'post' deserves a thread of its own, so a massive pat on the back to Mikey who has previously put this together.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?220393-The-Let-s-all-laugh-at-Hearts-Thread-(merged)&p=2992817&viewfull=1#post2992817

Just Alf
15-11-2012, 11:25 AM
need a little help to construct a timeline of the romanov era, all help appreciated.

....you get the idea.

lets construct!

You forgot.....

????: The End

tamig
15-11-2012, 11:34 AM
there was a similar thread on here before but not sure where it's gone. It may have been swept up into one the more recent meltdown threads. Some fine memories in it.

Edit - found it. Look at post 46 on this page and you'll get a lot of the stuff you're after. Some crackers in there!
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?220393-The-Let-s-all-laugh-at-Hearts-Thread-(merged)/page2

Ross4356
15-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Mikey that post should be a sticky on its own, is the faxman there or did I miis it?

Kato
15-11-2012, 01:33 PM
This might be a bit obscure but I believe I can pin-point the exact time when Hearts and their fans egos got the better of them and they actually started to believe they were a "big team". Sometime in the mid 80's the, now deid, Hearts Chariman Wallace Mercer appeared on Scotsport for a discussion type segment. This was when the show was on a Sunday afternoon and some Hearts fans were present in the studio along with Gerry McNee. Waldo claimed that Scottish foobtall as we know it was dead and that the Old Firm, Aberdeen and Hearts were soon to be part of a European Super League. He also refused to call Hearts supporters "fans" and chose at every "customers", in that fake-posh Milngavie/Morningside annoying accent he had. The Hearts fans/customers in the audience were lapping it up preening themselves and talkign about taking things to the next level. I can remember Gerry McNee supressing the giggles every time he used the term.

That was start of their delusions of granduer.....and so we come to today - the next level is actually oblivion and they're washed up, selling anything that isn't screwed down and half of what is, whilst rushing to cancel Christmas.

Their customers will be shopping elsewhere soon, although they'll need to find the bus fares west.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Is Hearts dressing room door big enough to pin up all the laughs at their expense???

Persevere80
15-11-2012, 02:19 PM

....you get the idea.

lets construct!

29 oct 2005, edinburgh derby at easter road, winning 2-0, Boozy & O'Connor, Best bit of bannter at a game i have been to. The funny thing is, i was just talking to a work mate about this game this morning and looked it up. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4381670.stm

matty_f
15-11-2012, 02:24 PM
2005 takes over Hearts, predicts winning CL (not Craig)
2005 Hibs fans predict hearts will go bust
2006 Hibs fans predict hearts will go bust
2007 Hibs fans predict hearts will go bust
2008 Hibs fans pr.......>>Fast forward>>
2012 Hibs fans rejoice as hearts finally go out of business on 15th November 2012. or maybe in December.

2012 Hibs fan fails completely to let other Hibs fans have a bit of banter at the expense of those trumpets over the road. :rolleyes:

Mikey
15-11-2012, 02:26 PM
There's a thread on the PM board that's got articles going back years. It's called the "Ammunition Thread" :greengrin

jacomo
15-11-2012, 03:25 PM
2005... ticking noise starts. Jambos find they can make it go away by by burying head in sand.

Mister P
15-11-2012, 03:51 PM
first post edited with link :wink:

le bill
15-11-2012, 04:07 PM
2005... ticking noise starts. Jambos find they can make it go away by by burying head in sand.

:faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-11-2012, 04:08 PM
2005 way ahead agreed. Plan is to win 2 cups in seven years at a cost of 17 million each.